Nugget Magazine-Billie Jean King cartoon

Spanking cartoons in the Humorama Digests and other men's magazines.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
Tanner

Nugget Magazine-Billie Jean King cartoon

Post by Tanner »

Some here may be familiar with the fetish magazine Nugget, which contained a fair amount of spanking material mostly letters to the editor. Don't know if they are still around.
Remember that sometime years ago there was a letter about the Bobby Riggs/Billie Jean King " Battle of the Sexes" tennis match. As we know, King won.
The writer suggested that a better outcome would have been for her to lose and to have agreed to be spanked if she lost .
The cartoon showed a grinning Riggs with Billie Jean otk, her tennis dress up, panties around her ankles ,getting her bare bottom spanked with a tennis racket, and tears falling.
Wouldnt it be great if somehow had an old Nugget collection with that cartoon and it could get posted on the Web?
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Nugget Magazine-Billie Jean King cartoon

Post by web-ed »

I would love to see that cartoon with Billie Jean King getting spanked - it's a great symbol of what every red-blooded American male wants to do to all the angry feminists out there :D ! I've actually got another article planned featuring spanking mentions in non-spanking men's magazines. So far, I've only got examples from Playboy (book excerpts), Eye (London's spanking parties), and Mr. Since my interest in non-spanking men' mags was always limited (although I have a few issues of Playboy from the 60's and 70's), I don't have any copies of Nugget, but here, for the edification of our readers, is what it looked like:
The Feb. 1958 issue of Nugget.
The Feb. 1958 issue of Nugget.
nugget_1958_feb_cover.jpg (62.7 KiB) Viewed 7713 times
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Mr magazine- the place where so many of us, like me, learned that we were not the only ones in the world fascinated by spanking.
The letters to the editor were the big thing to look for when a new issue hit the newstands. However, I have read that the letters ,or at least some of them, were fantasies written by Mr staff.
It also contained a column called Wild Wild World about spankings that were alleged to have taken place around the world. True accounts? Supposedly, but looking back could easily have been something like the Onion if it were a spanking spoof publication.
And sometimes the models featured would have something to say about spanking, whether personal experiences of their own ones, ones that had witnessed or knew about, or just opinions on the subject. And I remember that the Mr. models all had very luscious, spankable bottoms.
Might like to know that CF Publications has reprints of Mr. letters available for sale. Also, Mr letters and Wild Wild World material is being posted at the Kilahara Library of Spanking Fiction, the best source on the Web for all types of spanking fiction, IMO.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Thanks for the info on Mr letters and Wild Wild World material being posted at the Kilahara Library of Spanking Fiction. I've added a link and will check it out myself.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

The best thing I liked about Nugget Magazine beside the spanking stories and drawings was a feature called Fight Time that would have letters written by people telling of real or made up catfights :lol: Now some of these fights ended up with the loser getting spanked real or fake! But the part I love was when they told stories about female celebrities getting in a knock drag out brawl the ended with spanking :lol: This made me think why spanking magazines never had a Spanking time colum where people could tell of their spanking stories real or fake plus female celebrities who we love to see being spanked 8-) really love those old magazine from the 70s 80s 8-)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I wonder how many people remember that the upshot of the Riggs/King was Riggs' upset win over Margaret Court in an earlier match?

Many people thought the brash Riggs psyched Margaret out. Margaret trained with men, but although they did not ease up on her they were more polite than Riggs.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Yeah, you read a lot about the Billie Jean King-Bobby Riggs match, which King won. Every now and then, folks will bring up the fact that earlier, Riggs had beaten Margaret Court, in the first so-called "Battle of the Sexes." Thanks, willjohn, for mentioning it here.

But what puzzles me is that NO ONE, of either gender, ever seems to recall the final "Battle of the Sexes" match. In September 1992, Jimmy Connors and Martina Navratilova squared off against each other at Caesars Palace in Nevada, in a match dubbed "Battle of Champions." Both Connors and Navratilova had been Grand Slam champions.

In that match, the rules were changed to benefit the woman, Navratilova. Connors was allowed only one serve per point, while Martina got the normal two. Also, Navratilova was allowed to hit into the doubles court, while Connors was not.

Regardless of the rules changes, Connors beat Navratilova in straight sets, 7-5, 6-2.

And yet, we hear all the time about the fact that Billie Jean beat Bobby Riggs in the famous Battle of the Sexes, while we hear next to nothing about the other two intra-gender matches, both won by a man.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I must admit, Dan, that I'd forgotten about that match myself. The fact is that most men are stronger and faster than most women, and it is therefore unsporting to have mixed-gender competitions where strength and speed could be factors. Someone looked at the records in various track and field events, and concluded that women were approximately equal to boys of fourteen. After that age, where of course boys experience a rapid growth spurt, they start to pull away from the best women can do.

I'm not sure how women compare to men in other sports like archery and competitive shooting. I have seen women shoot pistols and rifles with great accuracy, provided of course the weight of the firearm was manageable. I don't expect to see women shooting a McMillan TAC-50 anytime soon, but they can easily handle something like the AR-15 - provided we don't allow the gun-grabbers to take them away from us.

None of which is meant to denigrate women in any way, but most of us here are tired of feminist lectures that presuppose there's no real difference between the sexes. The sexual psychology is different, too, as we should expect from studying evolution, and this is a subject I've broached from time to time regarding the relative normality of the M/F spanking orientation. I'll have more to say on it in future articles on spanking psychology, if I ever get around to writing them.
-- Web-Ed