New (?) toons to ponder

Spanking cartoons in the Humorama Digests and other men's magazines.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

More Leg toons for Dan

Post by web-ed »

Here's a couple of items I set aside a while ago.

1. This is from George Morrice's peak years at Humorama (1956-57). Morrice did a lot of spanking cartoons, but he did some skirt-raising ones too, as in this example from the January 1957 issue of Comedy:

2. This one came from e-bay. It's some sort of reproduction of the cover from the June, 1951 issue of Titter. This and other of Robert E. Harrison's girlie publications did have occasional spankings during this period, but they were mostly girl/girl. I have a few of them, but they tend to be expensive. What spankings I do have from them we'll surely be seeing one of these days.

-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Re: New (?) toons to ponder

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i like pics of skirts being raised just fine :D . i particularly like the one in Titter.............both the look up her skirt and the pained expression on her face ;) . the girl is very nicely drawn. do we know anything about the artist? thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:hi web-ed,

i like pics of skirts being raised just fine :D . i particularly like the one in Titter.............both the look up her skirt and the pained expression on her face ;) . the girl is very nicely drawn. do we know anything about the artist? thanks, phil
I don't have a picture of the original cover (this was a mousepad someone was offering for sale!), but Peter Driben did most of the Harrison covers of that period, and this looks like his work. He must have been fairly successful at that time. He may have done a few covers for Humorama too, but that would have been at this time or a few years earlier in the 40's, before the "classic" era of the familiar cartoons of the 1956-60 period which seem to have been printed four times.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

GREAT FIND 8-) Love the cover art for Titter ! what a view :D :lol:
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Here's a drawing without a signature, but it's obviously one of Wenzel's.

The lady is nicely-curved, and the men in the crowd are certainly enjoying the show. I believe this drawing may have accompanied an article advocating the leglization of "wife-spanking". Ah, yes! A worthy cause if there ever was one. I have no idea what magazine it might have been, much less any information about a possible publication date.
I finally tracked this one down, b00m! It's from the March, 1965 issue of Jem, and we'll be revisiting it when I do my article on spanking in men's magazines. I've decided to simply add a page for each new spanking, thus making it an open-ended (we may hope!) article. Everyone will be glad to know that in addition to this one I've got about a half-dozen others in the hopper just waiting for me to find the time to write and code them :geek: .
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Bill Wenzel

Post by hugob00m »

Here's a Bill Wenzel cartoon I haven't seen on C.S.R. yet:
Wenzel 117.jpg
Wenzel 117.jpg (206.55 KiB) Viewed 4486 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

GREAT Find :D :D :D
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

This cartoon doesn't contain a spanking...
apr 1.jpg
apr 1.jpg (72.78 KiB) Viewed 4447 times
...but what do you think this boss is going to do next?
butch46163@yahoo.com

the boss should use a small hand paddle on that secretary behind :D :D :lol: :lol:
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Bill Wenzel

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:37 am Here's a Bill Wenzel cartoon I haven't seen on C.S.R. yet:

Oh, this is a fine one, B00m, a little reminiscent of that one in which the cop is spanking the girl for walking on the grass, I believe. (Too tired to look it up right now in the middle of the night). I would guess it was done some years later, perhaps in the mid-to-late 1960s, but I wonder where it appeared? No new Wenzel spanking cartoons are known in the Humorama digests of this period (he did a bunch in 1973 but this isn't one of them), but then I haven't searched them all yet. I hope we can nail down the original source one day.

This one
I recognize as coming from Charley Jones' Laugh Book, and I believe I once found a copy of it but was disappointed to find no spanking inside. I mean, how much more provocation does a boss need to justifiably spank his secretary? ;)
-- Web-Ed