Humorama Artists Who Should Have Done Spankers

Spanking cartoons in the Humorama Digests and other men's magazines.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
hugob00m

Re-captioned cartoon by Wenzel

Post by hugob00m »

I don't even remember what the original caption was... or even if there was one on the copy I found. The girl is in a really nice position to be paddled, and the man is staring at her butt while she stares out the window at the rain.
Wenzel 30.jpg
Wenzel 30.jpg (117.03 KiB) Viewed 6141 times
The only thing I could think of was that she made a bet about the weather and lost. Does that make sense?
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Approaching a woman on the street and offering her a part in a new ad campaign? Maybe. I could easily picture that lady in a series of paddle commercials!
wenzel 77.jpg
wenzel 77.jpg (213.38 KiB) Viewed 6139 times
Of course there never was a real "Ace Derriere Paddle". It's just a fake product by a fake company that I made up.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

One more for the time being.
wenzel 73.jpg
wenzel 73.jpg (244.24 KiB) Viewed 6139 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Re-Captioned Wenzel Cartoons

Post by web-ed »

Hi B00m - these are all great! Thanks for taking the time to do them. It's certainly appropriate as Wenzel did some cartoons that mentioned spanking as well as many true "spankers". The only one that looks familiar is the "Rainy Day" one, but I can't remember what the original caption was and I don't have too many Humorama magazines left as I've been forced to sell them off so I can't go hunting for it. I think your idea of her losing a bet on the weather is entirely appropriate as Wenzel did one in which the spankee has lost an election bet :lol: !

I can't remember the first cartoon but I like it a lot. Technically, this is Wenzel at his best - really good control of the ink-wash and nice expression on the girl.
hugob00m wrote:I don't know whether any guy has ever gotten an offer like this... but I certainly wouldn't turn her down if I was that guy!
Ed Lee (founder of Nu-West) did once get such an offer - and of course he accepted! This woman was having trouble sticking to her diet, so he gave her two really hard swats with a wooden paddle (I'd have given her a larger number of lighter swats myself). It worked (at least for a while) - next week, she did much better! And I have often disciplined Miss Sweet Tooth (an inactive member of this board) for indulging in sweet treats, so yes, this kind of thing really does happen in real life 8-) .

The Ace Derriere Paddle Co. was a great idea! It's a pity that actual paddle companies are so small that they can't afford to advertise on television, but what a great fantasy! Can you imagine young actresses, hungry for any sort of work, bending over to take their swats? (I can :lol:.) Years ago, the now-defunct Kansas City Paddle Co. did indeed hire a model to bend over for some still pictures, but it didn't look to me like she actually took any swats. What they needed was something like the old Red Board videos, in which the opening credit sequence involved a model (seen from the rear) bending over and getting an actual swat with a red paddle! You could see the effect of the swat afterward, too :oops:. (I only even had one such video, and it must have been over 25 years ago. If I even find another, I'll buy it just so that I can bring CSR readers that opening sequence 8-) ).

Miss Jensen's birthday spanking looks to be from the early or mid-70's. Again, I don't remember it, but your revised caption is sound (from the spanko's viewpoint) and I'm sure we all remember Bo Brown's "Miss Gulick's Birthday" spanking cartoon from the Humorama Series four years ago. The original gag was perfect - perhaps the funniest of all Humorama's spanking cartoons - but I altered it just a bit to suggest a mythical CSR Bullpen:

-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Re: Humorama Artists Who Should Have Done Spankers

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi Boom,

After looking at the nicely drawn, shapely woman in the pics you posted, I don't even have to look at the original captions to know yours are way better :lol: . Thanks for doing these for us :D . Phil
hugob00m

Humorama cartoons re-captioned

Post by hugob00m »

Here's another one by Camill.
camill mother.jpg
camill mother.jpg (127.73 KiB) Viewed 5746 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

...And another by Camill.
camill fire.jpg
camill fire.jpg (233.52 KiB) Viewed 5746 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

...And one by Wenzel.
Wenzel reverse psychology.jpg
Wenzel reverse psychology.jpg (269.68 KiB) Viewed 5746 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

One more, from a cartoonist who signs his name "SCRNY". I don't know anything about this one.
scrivener twins.jpg
scrivener twins.jpg (97.1 KiB) Viewed 5745 times
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

This was my first time going through this particular topic. As a habitual re-captioner myself I have to say this is a very funny subject loaded with great material. :lol:
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Re-Captioned Cartoons

Post by web-ed »

Great work, B00m! These new captions really get the spanko imagination going, unlike the rather bland originals. And they're quite clever, really - if I could afford to restart Humorama, I'd hire you as the editor! :D

It's really too bad Camill (or Gamill, as I think his name really was, but you couldn't tell from his signature) didn't do any "spankers" - the ponderous buttocks he put on his women were just perfect for spanking! :lol:

I don't have any information on SCRNY, whoever he was.

However, I did manage to find the original Wenzel "Rain" cartoon that started this thread. Here it is, from the Jan. 1966 issue of ROMP but obviously reprinted from probably 1957-59, judging by the style:

The guy was indeed staring at her butt (hey, we already know what rain looks like), and the gag was a like some of Ward's cartoons with the girl bending over a rock or fence and remarking upon the view, as a leering guy nearby focuses squarely on her behind. Obviously, your "Lose a Bet Get a Spanking" idea was better.

This one was in my "Humorama Spanking Positions" file, waiting for me to do another special feature (I've done two in the Humor Section already). Right now we've got to concentrate on the comic strips, but everyone can rest assured these models and cartoon women will be bending over for us eventually in another installment. :)
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Here's a re-captioned cartoon from an artist whose signature seems to either be "J. Oakes" or "T. Oakes". (Maybe if it's a pseudonym, it stands for "Jokes"?)
daydream.jpg
daydream.jpg (376.88 KiB) Viewed 5976 times
I messed around with the image in the man's thought cloud too. Originally, he imagined the woman in the thin summer dress standing there wearing a bikini, but this is better... isn't it?
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Another re-captioned Humorama: This artist's signature seems to be "Albister", whom I've never heard of.
albister.jpg
albister.jpg (303.33 KiB) Viewed 5975 times
The look of apprehension on the woman's face, the quizzical look on the desk clerk's face and the man who appeared to be trying to explain something. That's where my mind went.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

That would have been a funny and exciting joke! and with the shock look on the woman`s face priceless :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I believe the cartoonist is "Albistur".
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

willjohn wrote:I believe the cartoonist is "Albistur".
Probably Joaqin Albistur.
hugob00m

Not exactly spanking related, but...

Post by hugob00m »

This cartoon is about the appreciation of the feminine backside...
sharpening pencils.jpg
sharpening pencils.jpg (165.37 KiB) Viewed 4941 times
The signature is missing, and I can't read the caption, but it looks like all the guys in the office want to watch the shapely woman sharpen a bunch of pencils. Since so many of us are old... we probably remember when pencil sharpeners were hand-cranked. Watching her operate a hand-cranked pencil sharpener must've been the high point of the day for these guys!
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Her bottom needs to be worship :D :D :D 8-) 8-) Nice Find 8-)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Worshipped?
"We are not worthy! We are not worthy!" (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure)
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: J. Oakes

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Here's a re-captioned cartoon from an artist whose signature seems to either be "J. Oakes" or "T. Oakes". (Maybe if it's a pseudonym, it stands for "Jokes"?)

I messed around with the image in the man's thought cloud too. Originally, he imagined the woman in the thin summer dress standing there wearing a bikini, but this is better... isn't it?

You know, B00m, it never occurred to me that J. Oakes might be a pseudonym, much as Frank Beaven's occasional pseudonym (he used several) of "Rekoj" (later shortened to "RE") was of course "Joker" spelled backward. It's an interesting thought and I don't have scans of any of his original art to check, so we'll file this under "Matters to be investigated at a later date".

We have in fact encountered Mr. Oakes, if that was his name, here at CSR in connection with the Wolf Books although he did contribute to Humorama occasionally as well. We mentioned in Rivals of Humorama #4 that he was the designer of Zippy, the mascot of Zip!. And we'll be seeing another of his cartoons in the next installment of Spanking Positions: a fitness instructor has the client bend over, instructing her not to bend her knees (sounds like it's paddling time! :lol: ).

And yes, your version is a definite improvement :D - into the files it goes!
-- Web-Ed