Humorama Artists Who Should Have Done Spankers

Spanking cartoons in the Humorama Digests and other men's magazines.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
hugob00m

a re-captioned cartoon by "Andrews"

Post by hugob00m »

I don't know anything about this artist, except for the signature on the side. I like the way he drew the woman in the bikini, along with the disgusted look on the other woman's face and the wistful look on the man's
andrews dressed like that.jpg
andrews dressed like that.jpg (651.73 KiB) Viewed 5538 times
hugob00m

boltinoff re-captioned

Post by hugob00m »

Alright, the caption is a little lame, but the girl looks like she needs to be spanked for SOMETHING! ;) ;) ;) ;)
boltinoff bar.jpg
boltinoff bar.jpg (109.49 KiB) Viewed 5523 times
overbarrel49

Re: Humorama Artists Who Should Have Done Spankers

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Boom,

that sounds like as good a reason for a spanking as any to me :lol: . thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Great job on all of these cartoons, B00m! Henry Boltinoff did a few cartoons for Humorama but no "spankers".

As for Felix Andrews, he did quite a large number of cartoons at Humorama - several dozen I'd say - but no "spankers" there unless there's one still lurking in those last few issues from 1955-1960 I'm trying to track down. As I mentioned in the post that began this thread, he did however do one spanking cartoon for another publication, and we'll be seeing it this year - probably now in the fall - as part of the ongoing Rivals of Humorama series. He has quite an unusual style in which the backgrounds look like what they are - an artist's background - rather than whatever they're supposed to represent.

Oh wait - I almost missed the ones by Gamill (first name still unknown - and it is "Gamill" with a "G" even though it looks like a "C" (I saw one of his original drawings somewhere). This one I've seen before somewhere in Humorama. Gamill did wonderfully ponderous buttocks on his women, and I would call it almost a tragedy that he did no spanking cartoons. Same thing for a Ward-imitator named Stark, who did a number of cartoons with spankable ladies, yet no spanking. I believe Gamill did one with a bondage theme, but I can't remember now if I ever posted it here on the Forum or not.

Finally, with Martin Filchock - he was around both at Humorama and in other digests. I do in fact have three of his cartoons posted here on the forum, which I'll link to here:

The last of these is of course the closest to an actual spanking. These are all in the "Missed Opportunities in Humorama" topic.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

A re-captioned cartoon by Bill Ward

Post by hugob00m »

With the grimace on the man's face, and the woman's delectable backside, I think this caption is more appropriate than the original one...
ward 30 a.jpg
ward 30 a.jpg (106.87 KiB) Viewed 5303 times
hugob00m

A re-captioned cartoon by Bill Ward

Post by hugob00m »

This girl looks like she needs to be spanked... whether she deserves it or not!
ward 07a..jpg
ward 07a..jpg (234.23 KiB) Viewed 5302 times
hugob00m

A re-captioned cartoon by C. Massey

Post by hugob00m »

I don't know anything about this artist, except that he drew the central character with a nicely inviting rear end!
massey.jpg
massey.jpg (405.14 KiB) Viewed 5302 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi Boom,

You've posted some really interesting pics here :D They may not have any spanking in them but all of these naughty girls have nicely shaped bottoms and I certainly have no trouble imagining all 3 of these young ladies getting a spanking :lol: I love the idea of the guest of honor showing up for her birthday party in her birthday suit :D . She certainly has the attention and approval of the men who are her potential birthday spankers :lol: The other 2 girls in the pic seem very jealous and I have to figure they are upset because they didn't think of doing this :lol: . All 3 of these are very appealing drawings but I think I like the one of the young lady on the bed best. First off, being an old guy, I like the outfit she's wearing :D . Secondly, I love the fact that she's admitting that she's been a naughty girl which, I might add, goes really well with the expression on her face 8-) . What I like most is the way the artist has depicted the slip/night gown she's wearing. He's made the fabric looks so soft and flimsy and it just appears to hug her bottom nicely as gravity acts upon it :D :D . It's a very sexy drawing as our naughty girl waits, longingly, for her man to come home and take her in hand 8-) . I also like the motion lines indicating that she's moving her legs back and forth. I think that was a really nice touch under the circumstances. Thanks for posting these, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Hi B00m - these are all great enhancements! The Ward cartoons look familiar to me although I don't have any publication information on them (even keeping track of the "spankers" is difficult enough). Ward was actually a pretty good gag man although your captions are an improvement.

As for "C. Massey" I have no idea who he was, although he has a good technique and I suspect this may be an alias. I'm pretty sure Humorama did not publish any of his work. I think we'd all have loved to see a spanking cartoon from this guy, whoever he was. :)
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Re-captioned cartoon by Wenzel

Post by hugob00m »

Here's another cartoon that originally had nothing to do with spanking. My caption is sort of lame... but I think it fits the girl's pose and the expression on her face.
wenzel 75.jpg
wenzel 75.jpg (194.53 KiB) Viewed 5258 times
I don't know whether any guy has ever gotten an offer like this... but I certainly wouldn't turn her down if I was that guy!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I don't even remember what the original caption was... or even if there was one on the copy I found. The girl is in a really nice position to be paddled, and the man is staring at her butt while she stares out the window at the rain.
Wenzel 30.jpg
Wenzel 30.jpg (117.03 KiB) Viewed 6249 times
The only thing I could think of was that she made a bet about the weather and lost. Does that make sense?
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Approaching a woman on the street and offering her a part in a new ad campaign? Maybe. I could easily picture that lady in a series of paddle commercials!
wenzel 77.jpg
wenzel 77.jpg (213.38 KiB) Viewed 6247 times
Of course there never was a real "Ace Derriere Paddle". It's just a fake product by a fake company that I made up.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

One more for the time being.
wenzel 73.jpg
wenzel 73.jpg (244.24 KiB) Viewed 6247 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Re-Captioned Wenzel Cartoons

Post by web-ed »

Hi B00m - these are all great! Thanks for taking the time to do them. It's certainly appropriate as Wenzel did some cartoons that mentioned spanking as well as many true "spankers". The only one that looks familiar is the "Rainy Day" one, but I can't remember what the original caption was and I don't have too many Humorama magazines left as I've been forced to sell them off so I can't go hunting for it. I think your idea of her losing a bet on the weather is entirely appropriate as Wenzel did one in which the spankee has lost an election bet :lol: !

I can't remember the first cartoon but I like it a lot. Technically, this is Wenzel at his best - really good control of the ink-wash and nice expression on the girl.
hugob00m wrote:I don't know whether any guy has ever gotten an offer like this... but I certainly wouldn't turn her down if I was that guy!
Ed Lee (founder of Nu-West) did once get such an offer - and of course he accepted! This woman was having trouble sticking to her diet, so he gave her two really hard swats with a wooden paddle (I'd have given her a larger number of lighter swats myself). It worked (at least for a while) - next week, she did much better! And I have often disciplined Miss Sweet Tooth (an inactive member of this board) for indulging in sweet treats, so yes, this kind of thing really does happen in real life 8-) .

The Ace Derriere Paddle Co. was a great idea! It's a pity that actual paddle companies are so small that they can't afford to advertise on television, but what a great fantasy! Can you imagine young actresses, hungry for any sort of work, bending over to take their swats? (I can :lol:.) Years ago, the now-defunct Kansas City Paddle Co. did indeed hire a model to bend over for some still pictures, but it didn't look to me like she actually took any swats. What they needed was something like the old Red Board videos, in which the opening credit sequence involved a model (seen from the rear) bending over and getting an actual swat with a red paddle! You could see the effect of the swat afterward, too :oops:. (I only even had one such video, and it must have been over 25 years ago. If I even find another, I'll buy it just so that I can bring CSR readers that opening sequence 8-) ).

Miss Jensen's birthday spanking looks to be from the early or mid-70's. Again, I don't remember it, but your revised caption is sound (from the spanko's viewpoint) and I'm sure we all remember Bo Brown's "Miss Gulick's Birthday" spanking cartoon from the Humorama Series four years ago. The original gag was perfect - perhaps the funniest of all Humorama's spanking cartoons - but I altered it just a bit to suggest a mythical CSR Bullpen:

-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi Boom,

After looking at the nicely drawn, shapely woman in the pics you posted, I don't even have to look at the original captions to know yours are way better :lol: . Thanks for doing these for us :D . Phil
hugob00m

Humorama cartoons re-captioned

Post by hugob00m »

Here's another one by Camill.
camill mother.jpg
camill mother.jpg (127.73 KiB) Viewed 5854 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

...And another by Camill.
camill fire.jpg
camill fire.jpg (233.52 KiB) Viewed 5854 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

...And one by Wenzel.
Wenzel reverse psychology.jpg
Wenzel reverse psychology.jpg (269.68 KiB) Viewed 5854 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

One more, from a cartoonist who signs his name "SCRNY". I don't know anything about this one.
scrivener twins.jpg
scrivener twins.jpg (97.1 KiB) Viewed 5853 times
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

This was my first time going through this particular topic. As a habitual re-captioner myself I have to say this is a very funny subject loaded with great material. :lol: