Humorama Artists Who Should Have Done Spankers

Spanking cartoons in the Humorama Digests and other men's magazines.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Re-Captioned Cartoons

Post by web-ed »

Great work, B00m! These new captions really get the spanko imagination going, unlike the rather bland originals. And they're quite clever, really - if I could afford to restart Humorama, I'd hire you as the editor! :D

It's really too bad Camill (or Gamill, as I think his name really was, but you couldn't tell from his signature) didn't do any "spankers" - the ponderous buttocks he put on his women were just perfect for spanking! :lol:

I don't have any information on SCRNY, whoever he was.

However, I did manage to find the original Wenzel "Rain" cartoon that started this thread. Here it is, from the Jan. 1966 issue of ROMP but obviously reprinted from probably 1957-59, judging by the style:

The guy was indeed staring at her butt (hey, we already know what rain looks like), and the gag was a like some of Ward's cartoons with the girl bending over a rock or fence and remarking upon the view, as a leering guy nearby focuses squarely on her behind. Obviously, your "Lose a Bet Get a Spanking" idea was better.

This one was in my "Humorama Spanking Positions" file, waiting for me to do another special feature (I've done two in the Humor Section already). Right now we've got to concentrate on the comic strips, but everyone can rest assured these models and cartoon women will be bending over for us eventually in another installment. :)
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Re: Humorama Artists Who Should Have Done Spankers

Post by hugob00m »

Here's a re-captioned cartoon from an artist whose signature seems to either be "J. Oakes" or "T. Oakes". (Maybe if it's a pseudonym, it stands for "Jokes"?)
daydream.jpg
daydream.jpg (376.88 KiB) Viewed 6067 times
I messed around with the image in the man's thought cloud too. Originally, he imagined the woman in the thin summer dress standing there wearing a bikini, but this is better... isn't it?
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Another re-captioned Humorama: This artist's signature seems to be "Albister", whom I've never heard of.
albister.jpg
albister.jpg (303.33 KiB) Viewed 6066 times
The look of apprehension on the woman's face, the quizzical look on the desk clerk's face and the man who appeared to be trying to explain something. That's where my mind went.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

That would have been a funny and exciting joke! and with the shock look on the woman`s face priceless :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I believe the cartoonist is "Albistur".
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

willjohn wrote:I believe the cartoonist is "Albistur".
Probably Joaqin Albistur.
hugob00m

Not exactly spanking related, but...

Post by hugob00m »

This cartoon is about the appreciation of the feminine backside...
sharpening pencils.jpg
sharpening pencils.jpg (165.37 KiB) Viewed 5032 times
The signature is missing, and I can't read the caption, but it looks like all the guys in the office want to watch the shapely woman sharpen a bunch of pencils. Since so many of us are old... we probably remember when pencil sharpeners were hand-cranked. Watching her operate a hand-cranked pencil sharpener must've been the high point of the day for these guys!
butch46163@yahoo.com

Her bottom needs to be worship :D :D :D 8-) 8-) Nice Find 8-)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Worshipped?
"We are not worthy! We are not worthy!" (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure)
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: J. Oakes

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Here's a re-captioned cartoon from an artist whose signature seems to either be "J. Oakes" or "T. Oakes". (Maybe if it's a pseudonym, it stands for "Jokes"?)

I messed around with the image in the man's thought cloud too. Originally, he imagined the woman in the thin summer dress standing there wearing a bikini, but this is better... isn't it?

You know, B00m, it never occurred to me that J. Oakes might be a pseudonym, much as Frank Beaven's occasional pseudonym (he used several) of "Rekoj" (later shortened to "RE") was of course "Joker" spelled backward. It's an interesting thought and I don't have scans of any of his original art to check, so we'll file this under "Matters to be investigated at a later date".

We have in fact encountered Mr. Oakes, if that was his name, here at CSR in connection with the Wolf Books although he did contribute to Humorama occasionally as well. We mentioned in Rivals of Humorama #4 that he was the designer of Zippy, the mascot of Zip!. And we'll be seeing another of his cartoons in the next installment of Spanking Positions: a fitness instructor has the client bend over, instructing her not to bend her knees (sounds like it's paddling time! :lol: ).

And yes, your version is a definite improvement :D - into the files it goes!
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Jo Albistur

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Another re-captioned Humorama: This artist's signature seems to be "Albister", whom I've never heard of.

The look of apprehension on the woman's face, the quizzical look on the desk clerk's face and the man who appeared to be trying to explain something. That's where my mind went.
Another definite improvement, B00m!

As Willjohn wrote, this is indeed Joaquin (Jo) Albistur (b. 1920; I can't find any date for his death). His heyday was probably the 1940's and 50's, when he did a number of cartoons and also some comics work for Hillman, Dell/Gold Key, and the Simon & Kirby studio. No actual spankings are known, but I do have a cartoon of his in which a boss mentions spanking to his secretary, which we'll be seeing eventually as we look at more spanking mentions in Humorama.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Not exactly spanking related, but...

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:This cartoon is about the appreciation of the feminine backside...

The signature is missing, and I can't read the caption, but it looks like all the guys in the office want to watch the shapely woman sharpen a bunch of pencils. Since so many of us are old... we probably remember when pencil sharpeners were hand-cranked. Watching her operate a hand-cranked pencil sharpener must've been the high point of the day for these guys!
I think I'd like to see her drop all the pencils and have to bend over and pick them up, one at a time :lol: .

I could not translate this with any online translator, so I guess we'll just have to let our imaginations run wild :lol: .
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Translates as " The boss will last a very long letter. Look how many pencils she takes?"
(Spanish)
butch46163@yahoo.com

one spank for each pencil she drop :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Great find
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I think it had more to do with sex than spanking.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

willjohn wrote:I think it had more to do with sex than spanking.
Yeah, I think you're right.

Too bad.