ACES

Spanking Art not from Humorama or other Men's Magazines, and not from Comics
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
jimc

ACES

Post by jimc »

A while ago you mentioned something about the ACES artist and i was just wondering if that was the name of the strip or if that was the artist you were referring to?
JIm
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: ACES

Post by web-ed »

I was referring, somewhat inaccurately, to a particular artist whose work has often appeared on the web with ACES printed on it. Here are a couple of samples:
ACES #1
ACES #1
aces_1.jpg (76.62 KiB) Viewed 10431 times
ACES #6.  Reminds me of two comics characters, which may be a clue.
ACES #6. Reminds me of two comics characters, which may be a clue.
aces_6.jpg (66.22 KiB) Viewed 10431 times
Actually, ACES was an old BBS from the days before the internet really caught on (I don't have the exact dates). In those days, you had to dial a particular phone number to get to the board, which is why you see the number on these pictures. I'm not clear on why it was taken down - it may be that AOL discontinued its support for BBS systems, which would have required someone else to step in with a lot of software and hardware in addition to the dedicated server they already needed. It was run by our fellow Artastic Forum member Jesse Ray, who had this to say about it:

"As best I remember ACES stood for- Adult Computer Entertainment System. I scanned hundreds of pictures from my reasonably large magazine collection which dated back to the late 60's....... I do have the original ACES server somewhere and if I can find it I will try to add some of the artwork.”

Having seen a number of these reposted on the web, obviously by former members of the ACES BBS, a few people including myself got a little lazy and started calling this one artist "the ACES artist". I remembered his work from spanking magazines in the 80's and early 90's - in fact I have a couple of scans from Spank Hard - but before this and before ACES, it may very well have appeared (as Jesse Ray notes) in magazines such as Corporal going back to the 60's.

In my guise as "OTKUGO66", I also wrote a confusing, out-of-sequence post on Artastic in which I claimed to have discovered this artist's true identity, believing him to be a now-deceased well known comic-book artist. I declined to name him at that time, and now months later I'm no longer as sure as I was, having discovered some other artists with a similar style. Maybe it was just that they all had a common influence. I've gone so far as to blow up parts of the drawings and compare them with some of the suspected artist's known comics work, but I've been hampered by the low resolution of the ACES scans and the uncertainty as to whether they were all drawn by the same man. (My own scans are of greater resolution, but few in number).

At this point, I still think I'm right about his identity, but it's going to be tough to prove since I believe he took pains to disguise his style. It's only every now and then that the faces give him away - if I'm right. In the past three months, I have managed to gather together all of his works that I could find, so I may take another stab at this and if I can firm up my conclusions, I'll put together a special page featuring them and the accumulated art.

Meanwhile - take a look in particular at the second example above. It's not one of those which best reveal what I think is his true style, but the couple looks like a very well-known one from Marvel comics in the 60's, which I think is a clue, unless it's just my hyper-active imagination again. By the way, they're not characters which he normally drew, although he may well have pitched in on a few issues of the book I have in mind.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

ACES Identity Now Nearly Certain

Post by web-ed »

New information, in the form of a declaration from Ed Lee over at Nu-West that this artist did a lot of work for Marvel, seems to confirm my theory as to who he really was. With this much evidence, I think I really should go ahead and reveal his identity, but as usual, I don't know when I'll have the time to get to it.
-- Web-Ed
jesseray

Post by jesseray »

First- Thanks for access to the board. And a quick hello to old friend Dan Rivera!!! Some of his work is even new to me.

ACES was a BBS system (Bulletin Board System)- which essentially was a stand alone system in my office at 'Spanking Central' that required a direct dial access since I had to supply the phone lines to the system...- Since in those days out of state calls were pretty expensive, when the internet hit, most special interest BBS's went south.. ACES was dedicated to spanking, with maybe a thousand spanking drawings- most scanned by me... and several hundred spanking stories.... Somewhere the hard drive sits in some defunct computer and if I ever dig it up I will share what I can..

As far as I remember, we never deleted artists names frpm the illustrations....at least that is my memory!

JR
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Welcome, JesseRay! Thanks for updating us on the ACES history. By coincidence, I sent you a PM over on Artastic just one day before you signed up here, asking you to consider reviving the old server long enough for us to figure a way to get some of that great old material here to CSR.

I'm sure you never changed the names of the artists, but many of them worked incognito, using a pseudonym or leaving their work unsigned. That was definitely the case with "The ACES Artist" who had a significant career in comics to protect (his income from Marvel was well into six figures). When I have the time and can lay my hands on some of my old Marvel collection (currently missing), I will reveal his identity in a special feature page.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed and jesse ray,

this is all "really" interesting :D . i had no idea about any of this including the bulletin board system. i have these pics in my collection but had no idea what ACES was. i guess i'm getting web-ed ucated again :lol: . thanks for posting all this. phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya JesseRay... Remember me? Once upon a time, you and I were close buddies. But we live on different coasts, so we slowly stopped corresponding. But I still remember some of the great videos you produced. Your masterpiece, "Taking Care of Business," is still in my collection; but as it is in VHS and I currently watch mostly DVDs, I have not looked at it in ages.

Here at CSR, I have found a (mostly) congenial reception for my cartoons and my views on The Darling Subject. It seems that once we are "hooked" on the spanking of pretty women, it's an itch that can never be scratched away!

Don't know if you've seen this toon of mine, but maybe it will recall memories of our early days.

Cheers,
Dan
jesseray

Post by jesseray »

Dan,
I still think of us as close buddies....tho distance and life mute that a bit..

My wife is not a spankophile, and painfully accepts that I just happened to be wired this way..... Puts a definite damper on my ability to participate.
I am hoping to 'digitize' the Sudden Impact videos that we produced.....managed to accomplish that with a 'preview dvd' of the M/F F/F videos I made....
Still actually have the raw footage for 2 or 3 new videos....but...

Anyway, I will try to steal away and upload or post some of the pictures that may be new to many.
Love the 'new to me' toon of yours, and cherish all the ones I have!

Ray
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: ACES, and Dan's Cartoon

Post by web-ed »

I don't think I've seen this cartoon by Dan before. The spanker looks vaguely familiar, as if he were modeled on a real-life figure like perhaps Gary Cooper. Good OTK positioning, with her fanny well turned up to meet that punishing palm! :)

Ray,

If there's anything I can do to assist you with the technical aspects of getting your pictures or video uploaded, just let me know. You're welcome to post pictures here as attachments, of course, or if you have a whole bunch they could go in the CSR Picture Gallery or even a new gallery - call it JesseRay's ACES Gallery!

Video is a little different, as finding a host for it and then linking to it from here might prove difficult. Your best bet, if you can digitize it yourself, might be to offer them for sale on clips4sale or spankingtube. I've thought of doing that myself. You won't get rich that way, but it might bring in a few dollars. The CSR Video Page isn't well-suited for full-length videos because of file size, which is why all the clips I've posted there are short.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

jesseray wrote:

I am hoping to 'digitize' the Sudden Impact videos that we produced.....managed to accomplish that with a 'preview dvd' of the M/F F/F videos I made....
Still actually have the raw footage for 2 or 3 new videos....but...

Don't know what happens after the "but"... but if you mean you are putting your videos on DVDs, by all means quote me a price and I'll send you a check! Your "Taking Care of Business" video was one of the most arousing I've seen, yet you kept it all very clean. Just spanking, and lots of it.

Cheers,
Dan
jesseray

Post by jesseray »

Dan,
When I DO digitize TCB you will get the first copy! We,ve been snowbirding (NY-FLA) so I have stuff scattered all over...... I WILL ALSO TRY nd find some of the illustrations I had done for Spanking Central Magazine and post them......

Thanks Web-Ed for the offer....my lifelong problem as Dan can probably attest- is procrasternation......

Ray
jesseray

Post by jesseray »

From SC magazine
From SC magazine
APOLOGY2.GIF (18.62 KiB) Viewed 6796 times
Dan,
Wrote a previous response that dosn't seem to have posted....anyway I do hope to digitize TCB and Lights, Camera, Spanking.

Above is a picture I commissioned for SC magazine to illustrate 'Karens Apology' a favorite story..

Ray
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi ray,

i love the happy faces of the people watching the young lady getting her bare bottom spanked :D ..................appears to be live "on air" too :lol: . sure makes me want to know the rest of the story. thanks much for posting this. phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Love the spanking in SC magazine Karen Apology would be great to know why Karen was being spanked the sounds of her bottom being thoroughly spanked along with her pleads had to be the best song played on that station all day :lol: THANKS FOR POSTING [RAY]!!
Last edited by web-ed on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed "Phil" to "Ray", which is what Butch meant - Web-Ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Spanking Central Karen's Apology

Post by web-ed »

I agree with Butch that the sounds of Karen's spanking had to be the best thing on the radio all day! Spanking Central is worth a further look, I'd say.
-- Web-Ed
jesseray

Post by jesseray »

There is an interesting 'backstory' to 'Karens Apology' that I will have to share...but till then let me add a Bill Ward drawing that I aquired for Spank Central, but never got to use....
Attachments
Friend Bill Wards work
Friend Bill Wards work
sc2.JPG (178.94 KiB) Viewed 6761 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi ray,

what a wonderful drawing :D . i love her outfit although i was kinda wondering where her panties were...............might not have been wearing any ;) . i love the tears and the indications of smoke coming off her bottom :lol: . from the position of her legs, arms and hands and all the motion lines looks like it hurts :D . the tears and her expression are a far cry from what i am used to seeing from bill ward. can i assume from your comments that this pic was never published? in any case, great toon. thanks a bunch for posting it :D . also, please do post the back story to karen's apology.thanks, phil
jesseray

Post by jesseray »

Hey Phil.
In the early 80's a fellow by the name of Michael Thomas published a few volumes (3 staple-non glossy...) of illustrated spanking stories- all of which quite clearly came out of MT's fertile imagination...(Far more fantastic than traditional stories) The first batch featured very simplistic illustrations, but the later batch featured about 15 drawings from Bill Ward... I bought most of the MT offerings before Mike dissappeared.... It included the Ward illustrations in a stand alone booklet- so I never knew ALL of the stories that matched the pictures... Anyway skip forward about a half dozen years, and I had decided to publish a spanking periodical...was lucky enuff to find Bill Ward, and had him complete about a dozen illustrations for me(possibly the last work he did.)... Some just purely my fantasies- some from personal experiences..anyway I mentioned his MT work- and it turned out Mike Thomas had stiffed Bill... He paid a small deposit then skipped out.. Since I had good copies of the work I asked Bill if he would sell me the publishing and ownership rights for a fair price...and of course he did... This drawing was from that collection.

Mike Thomas had a thing about arrogant white brats getting spanked by black, blue collar (men or woman) spankers....(tho this was the only one drawn by Ward) So I believe this was about a chauffer who had had enuff with his employers spoiled wife and decided to do him a favor.... Usually in thes B/W scenarios- Mike had the women stripped during the process- I actually added the blouse- since like Dan I tend to not like being distracted by nudity or smiling organs! ;)

PS- as yu know I LOVE your work!

Ray
jesseray

Post by jesseray »

Backstory- Karen’s Apology

When I started ‘Spanking Central’ my Girl Friend/occasional Girlfriend/occasional Employee -Karen, worked with me… Karen was an actress- tho you would not know her name- but if you watched a LOT of the old Divorce Court TV shows, you would have recognized her as the frequent Home Wrecker.

Karen was very spankable on a number of levels…so much so that even the most dedicated Non-spanker, after meeting Karen would be muttering- “She needs a good spanking!!”. Which as it happened, turned out to be a real blessing, as I could fill a book with the stories and illustrations that she generated from almost everyone she met…

One day one of my favorite spank authors- Jill (a free spirited hippie type whom was also quite spankable on a number of levels.) had visited my office to talk over some stories…. Karen was also there recording some spanking tapes. (Remember tape!) I never noticed the 2 of them talking, let alone bumping butts, but when she left, Jill informed me- “If you don’t give Karen the spanking she needs, I will!!!” And a couple of days later ‘Karen’s Apology’ arrived in the mail…

To complete the circle- the artist I selected to draw the illustration (A non spankophile) whom also had dealt with Karen- seemed to add a bit more to the picture than he usually did.

The story as I best remember it-
Karen is a sexy actress who arrives at the station to record some commercial spots. She is greeted there by the sponsors representative, who is a straight laced, stout lady.

Karen is looking to make a fast buck with little effort, so she just rushes thru the spots. And much to her irritation the sponsor asks her to put a bit of feeling into it.. Karen decided that the best feeling would be cheeky! Something the sponsor is even more distressed with. So she lectures Karen on what professionalism is and what sexiness is not.. A fuming Karen- embarrassed by the dressing down, decides to embarrass the sponsor by telling her she is a frumpy, sexless, prude.. Not surprisingly the stout lady decides a lesson in manners is long over due…

Karens pleas to the staff to step in and stop her chastisement is met with smiling nods of approval- after all the client paid for the time! After soundly being spanked- Karen must apologize, as the sponsor calls Karens agent to suggest how best he handle her..

The on-air light was just something I added to the circulated picture..I had tweaked the story to incorporate a ‘Lively’ entertainment for the listening audience- but ultimately decided that Jill’s work should stand as she had envisioned it.. She is kinder than me perhaps!!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Backstory- Karen’s Apology

Post by web-ed »

Interesting stuff, Ray - history that nobody else could provide, especially the information on Bill Ward and Michael Thomas.
-- Web-Ed