Kiss Me Kate

Spankings from Stage (not Movies or TV) and Prose
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Kiss Me Kate

Post by web-ed »

All good finds, Phil :D - thanks for posting them! I find the first one particularly intriguing as Kate is bent over Petruchio's leg but a table is used for additional support - a classic paddling position! It won't be long before the cultural Left tries to boycott or even ban future productions of KMK, but this is a battle in the culture wars worth fighting.

I'll just mention as an aficionado of stage musicals that KMK is the only Cole Porter show you're likely to see produced today even though he had many successes during the 30's. Why? Once Rodgers & Hammerstein had broken the mold with Oklahoma! in 1943, the old joke-joke-song format of the musical revues before that time became obsolete, although there have been some recent attempts at revivals. And then again, it's the only Cole Porter show with a spanking... :lol:

Interestingly, Porter follows what we might call the "Rodgers plan" in dealing with the minor mode in "So In Love" sung by Lilli and Fred (as a duet in the movie, but separately on stage) which is quite different from how he handled it earlier (mainly by mutating into the parallel major), but a thorough discussion would take us too far into music theory for a spanking site. :)

By the way, I have a unique KMK spanking photo that Mike clipped out of a Milwaukee newspaper many years ago where the players are rehearing the spanking scene outdoors and in street clothes! I think we'll present it when we get around to our series featuring your many other newspaper spanking discoveries.
-- Web-Ed