Spanking in Cartoons

Animation only, including Japanese Anime
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
jimc

Spanking in Cartoons

Post by jimc »

I recently saw some old Hanna/Barbara cartoons and am always amazed at how spankable most of the women charactors were (Judy and Jane Jetson; Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble; the chan clan (the older girl), the clues club (Pepper);Pebbles and Bamm Bamm (pebbles,of course); Thundarr the barbarian (Ariel); Jonny Quest(Jade); Scooby-doo (daphne); Space Ghost (jan) and were the Archies animated series (betty, Veronica, Sabrina, Josie, Melody, Valerie, Alexandra by Hanna /barbara as well?
JIm
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Spanking in Cartoons

Post by web-ed »

Of the characters you mentioned, Jim, I think the only ones who were ever spanked were Wilma and Betty in that famous Flintstones paddling scene.

I know the Archie gang has been animated more than once. The one I remember from the late 60's, which I think is the one you mean, was done by Filmation. They had gotten their start doing the first Superman animated cartoon show on TV in 1966 (for $36,000 per half-hour episode) and followed up with Batman and some other things I can't recall now. Although dependent on rotoscoping and other cost-savings measures, Filmation was the last American animation studio and it is a matter of regret that when Lou Scheimer decided to sell it, the buyers immediately closed it down and laid everyone off! (Strange business strategy, by the way - would you buy a company just to close it down?) Many people still in animation today at places like Warner Bros. got their starts at Filmation.

I haven't see the old Archie show in more than forty years, but I'm going to look for a clip on YouTube right now.

[10/31/2011 note: further research showed that Jim was right about Josie and the Pussycats being animated by Hanna-Barbera. This took place in 1970, two years after Filmation had tackled Archie.]
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB -ED I think I posted this just the other day but the only cartoon I ever saw with an adult female getting spanked beside that f/f spanking on the Simpsons was in a Popeye cartoon now this wasn"t the old classic but a somewhat newer one from the 70"s The thing I remember about this scene was when Popeye told the Sea Hag that he couldn"t hit a lady but that didn"t mean I cann"t spank one as he turned her over his knee and started spanking her behind now to me what made this cartoon great was later they show the Sea Hag with a pillow tied to her bottom threatening to get revenge on Popeye for doing something like that to her.I have always been a fan of seeing a full grown adult female humble with a spanking and to see Popeye paddle the rump of the Sea Hag who wasn"t a beauty no shape or form made it more exciting! Too bad other cartoons didn"t follow by adding a spanking scene in them. Would have love to have seen He-MAN spank EVIL LEN or the ladies on GI JOE especially The Baroness who wouldv"e made quite a scene kicking and screaming across the lap of Duke or Flint :twisted: THANKS WEB-ED!!!!!
jimc

Post by jimc »

Hi Butch, the Sea hag getting spanked by Popeye was way before the 70's i think i first saw it in 1959 or 1960 and there were always spankings in Popeye almost everyone was spanked one time or other. Hi web-ed yes i know betty and wilma were the only spankings of the ones i mentioned, but i was just saying how spankable they looked. yes there were 2 archies Funmation and Hanna/ barbera and the animated spankings are indeed intresting to think about for all art forms (anime, cartoons, comic strips, animations, and manga). Thak you and have a great day.
JIm
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED!! Did you see The Batman Beyond cartoon movie called The Return of the Joker where at the end a now old Harley Quinn gives I believe one or both of her grand daughters a hard whack across their bottoms with her cane after getting them out of jail.I remember seeing this back in 2006 on tv and was hoping to see these to girls get their comeuppance. :D
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Return of the Joker

Post by web-ed »

Yes, I did see that one and as a matter of fact, I have the original version in my video library (some of the more intense scenes were toned down before it appeared on Cartoon Network). The girls certainly deserved their punishment, so let's see if I can bring it to you. Not sure why I didn't before now - I must either have thought the girls could have been underage or been dismayed by the dark tone of this film (see Batgirl Spanked by Joker in Comics Gallery 1 for more on this).

I've been tied up on the video front trying to collect all three Rawhide spankings so I could edit them together, but let me take another look at this one and see what I can do with it.

03/23/2012: Forgot to update this post when I edited this caning scene, but it's available now.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

The Spankable Jan

Post by web-ed »

A while back, JimC mentioned Jan from the old 1966 Space Ghost cartoon, and I only recently obtained a DVD version. To my surprise, in an episode called "The Time Machine," Jan winds up in spankable position and is even threatened with 20 lashes by a Viking!
Here are some stills I extracted:

Jan. I don't know why she and Jace (and even Blip the monkey!) wore masks since they were about the only people on the entire Ghost Planet except for Space Ghost himself.

Jan and Jace are sentenced to 20 lashes each. None were actually administered, and you'd never get a scene like this past Standards & Practices today!

Jan in fairly good spanking position, although the viking's figure is somewhat distracting.

I cleaned up Jan's figure as well as I could, just in case anyone with real talent wants to try using her in a fake. I didn't know what to do about the viking's arm. I may even try myself some day ... :)
(Images copyright Hanna-Barbera Productions, Inc.)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!!!! Just ran across a very nice short cartoon playing on You Tube called Buenas Nalgadas a La esposa it feature a very stunning woman with a maga round bare bottom being spanked by her husband 8-) what make this short cartoon great is that every time her husband slap her rear it shake like jello 8-) hope you check it out!
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Thanks for the tip, Butch! I looked at the scene, and I've downloaded the video for possible re-presenting later. I might also decide to make a video game out of it. There was a Spanish-language blog referenced that maybe has some spanking, buenaslasdos.rvacomics.com.co, although it looks mainly like explicit sexual acts.
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

Boy how the years fly by. I remember the Space Ghost one and I don't remember Jan being in such a spankable position and her expression could also be made to say that she was being spanked. I note that you posted it in 2012 and still no takers on any of our artists out there that could do this picture justice. I think I did a post on composite spankings and this is a sure candidate for position and expression now she just has to be put in with a spanker or for want of a better solution Space Ghost streaking down and saying "Now to use my Spank ray!" seems like a good way to restart this thread. Can you just see the impact. Have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Yes, I'm sorry Jim that I haven't had more time to search out more examples from animation, although I do have a brief caning from Batman Beyond that I'd like to present as part of Super-Spanking Summer if I can resolve the video-coding problems. I think I've got Tinkerbell getting a little spanking in Peter Pan as well.
-- Web-Ed