Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 03/23/2018

Post by web-ed »

I had some further comments to make on the preceding posts, but I'm falling asleep here and can barely get this week's updates done so I'll have to come back later.

First, there's a nice spanking threat made to Dixie Dugan by her father that I seem to have misplaced - I will hunt for it later because the site updates are done now: [later update: here is the link to the spanking threat]
  • The Comic Strip Series continues as Dixie Dugan gets paddled.
  • Some further discussion of Dixie Dugan and its spankings that won't appear here over on the forum.
  • Everyone should be following our Resident Artists, but just in case someone out there doesn't know where to find them, here is the latest O.T. Katie Adventure, "Burning the Costume", by Hugob00m. And be sure to check out her previous story to see just why she was ordered to burn it!
  • And speaking of burning, there's never a shortage of burning bottoms where Phil Overbarrel is concerned! He's in the middle of another opus "Growing Pains Episode 3".
As probably everyone knows by know, this board only supports two hyperlinks per post, so for the links to everything other than Dixie's paddling, simply go to the Home Page (link at top of this page).

Next week: The Comic Strip Series continues with Part 1 of a three-part mini-series on Doctor Bobbs. :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Lena Pry

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:This week: the four spankings from Lena Pry. For links, please visit the Home Page (Main Site) linked to at the top of this page.
Well... it's still somewhat humorous seeing a middle-aged woman getting hit on the butt, even when she isn't particularly attractive (Which Lena certainly isn't!)
You know, B00m, it's only yesterday that it occurred to me that Lena Pry might have been in the back of Al Capp's mind when he created the idea of "Lena the Hyena" in Li'l Abner. Fans of the strip will remember that Capp actually ran a contest for readers to draw Lena, with a prize going to the ugliest rendition (it was won by the master of far-out ugliness, Basil Wolverton, whose comic strip Powerhouse Pepper was later reprinted by Humorama in various magazines). Small world.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by web-ed »

Sweetspot wrote:The Lena Pry OTK panel was as good as many of the other strip spankings posted over the last 12 months or so. Of interest to me is that in three of the four strips posted superstition plays a key role with references to such things as Friday the 13th, walking under a ladder and leaving a building by the same door you used to enter. I was not able to use an archive to pin down the dates of publication for these strips. That's probably because the Sunday paper lettering style for Lena Pry didn't lend itself well to digital scanning. Back in the day when Lena Pry was a regular character in the Jane Arden strip she certainly deserved a few spankings but I haven't come across any spankings in that strip.

Unrelated bonus image from the Philadelphia Inquirer August 25, 1945

Another good newspaper find, Phil - we'll have to put it in the Newspaper Section, once we create one.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Hi WEB-ED CSR!!!!! Another GREAT newspaper find Phil 8-) don`t know why that judge Granted her a divorce that husband was doing his duty to keep her in line :x :lol: :lol: :lol: Dixie didn`t get a spanking she got paddle :twisted: :lol: :lol: wish the guy gave her two more whacks making it a paddling :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice comic! came across a Mexican comic called Revolver that feature a Sheriff in the old west spanking a very beautiful blonde Latino woman across his knee the look on her face is hot as he spanks her bare bottom saw it on E bay but the comic was sold out La Ley Del Revolver Mexican Comic # 771
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 03/23/2018

Post by web-ed »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote: came across a Mexican comic called Revolver that feature a Sheriff in the old west spanking a very beautiful blonde Latino woman across his knee the look on her face is hot as he spanks her bare bottom saw it on E bay but the comic was sold out La Ley Del Revolver Mexican Comic # 771
Thanks for the tip, Butch! :) I have an ebay search set up for comic spankings that I check every week, and it has turned up some interesting items, but this is the first I had heard La Ley Del Revolver #771. I have obtained a photo of the original art of the spanking cover, but I would like to get a copy of the book itself of course (there might be another depiction of the cover spanking - you never know ;) ). If a lot of time goes by and I simply can't find a copy of the comic, I'll present what I have.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

I thought the history of this week's offering was pretty interesting as well as the strip itself. I does kind of make me wonder just exactly how spankings of adult girls were thought of in those days. You said that they were considered humorous and I have no doubt that was true to a certain extent since spanking of children was considered good parenting and onlookers would probably have thought it funny to watch a grown woman getting spanked like a naughty child.....especially if she deserved it :D . Of course, no matter how you slice it, spanking of adult women has a sexual component to it and I can't help but wonder if anyone lucky to witness such a spanking might have also laughed to cover up their feelings of arousal 8-) . It seems likely to me that if a man happened on a scene where a husband was spanking his wife, the wife of the onlooker might have gotten an unexpected spanking when he got home :lol: . Anyway, I thought Dixie was looking pretty good and I would have liked to see her OTK for a proper spanking but I guess this will have to do ;) . Good update! Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:The Comic Strip Series continues as Dixie Dugan gets paddled.
Interesting strip! How hard did that roustabout have to swing his paddle for her to feel anything through the tent canvas and her overalls? I like that the "spankee" was pretty and her reaction was really cute.

I read Overbarrel's comments, and I too wonder if there was a (very covert) sexual element to the "spanking" that Dixie got. If there was, I'm sure the writer and artist had to be very careful not to alert the censors.
web-ed wrote:Everyone should be following our Resident Artists, but just in case someone out there doesn't know where to find them, here is the latest O.T. Katie Adventure, "Burning the Costume", by Hugob00m. And be sure to check out her previous story to see just why she was ordered to burn it!
Thanks for the plug! I hope Katie's fans will enjoy her latest "adventure".
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:Thanks for the tip, Butch! I have an ebay search set up for comic spankings that I check every week, and it has turned up some interesting items, but this is the first I had heard La Ley Del Revolver #771. I have obtained a photo of the original art of the spanking cover, but I would like to get a copy of the book itself of course (there might be another depiction of the cover spanking - you never know ). If a lot of time goes by and I simply can't find a copy of the comic, I'll present what I have.
I had never heard of La Ley Del Revolver before this, but I did a quick Google search and found the cover. It's nice. I couldn't find any pictures of the story itself... I hope you can.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 03/30/2018

Post by web-ed »

First, let's quickly run through this week's updates:
This week's offering is a little meager because the spanking takes place in a long-distance shot (the next two spankings from Dr. Bobbs are better), so I wanted to offer something more with a new Doctor Cylon offering, but last week's Dixie Dugan special just took too much time and energy from me. Here it is on Thursday night and I just haven't had time to prepare something from the good Doctor, although more Cylon is definitely coming to CSR (see the below-mentioned announcements).

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with Part 2 of a three-part mini-series on Doctor Bobbs. :)

I was going to make a couple of announcements here, but then I remembered that's what the "Announcements" topic is there for, so I'll post them there.
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

You're doing great work here with these comic strip spankings :D
Dr. Bobbs DETAIL January 27, 1949 Brooklyn Daily Eagle - As you said the composition of the panel placed the spanking in an strange position of secondary value compared to the showcasing of the four witnesses. Our spanker, the title character, looks to me oddly like a Russian Cossack and this is another example, like in Big Ben Bolt, of a spankings effectiveness being blunted by the female wearing a fur coat. On the other hand this seems to be a very thorough OTK punishment spanking given with very just cause. Here I have blown up the pertinent, to us, part of the panel. Keeping in mind that this panel was never intended to be shown this way we can see that certain details are muddled like the girl's feet and face. Is Dr. Bobbs saying, He earned the right to spank her more than anything else he had ever earned or that she was more deserving of a spanking than any of his patients had been deserving of his care :?: Works both ways doesn't it :?: :D
I image it's because of the large number of papers competing against each other in New York in the late '40s that this Brooklyn paper carried Dr. Bobb towards the end of it's run.
Dr. Bobbs DETAIL January 27,1949 Brooklyn Daily Eagle.jpg
Dr. Bobbs DETAIL January 27,1949 Brooklyn Daily Eagle.jpg (52.2 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

This week's spanking is certainly well deserved and, as you noted, she still wasn't spanked nearly enough :lol: . You've already covered the composition of the spanking panel and I agree with what you had to say. I think my main complaint is that fur coat, though. It's obviously still covering her rear end during the spanking :x . How is she supposed to feel the spanking through all that?!? Even if the spanking did take place at a distance, it would have been much better if our spanker had pulled it up, which the spankee certainly deserved. I'll be looking forward to seeing how it goes next week :D . Thanks, Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Was Dr Bobbs the inspiration for Dr Bob the dog doctor in The Muppet Show?
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!Love the spanking threat from Dixie Dugan 8-) 8-) also like the back shot of the soon to be spankee :lol: :lol: very nice shape :D :D :D Doctor Bobb really did spank a true spoil BRAT!!!! :D :D too bad we didn`t get a close up of the action :x Maybe it was the humiliation of being spanked that made her cry cause the spanking didn`t hurt too much due to her long fur coat :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good Spanking 8-)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:First, let's quickly run through this week's updates:

The Comic Strip Series continues as Dr. Bobbs spanks a real brat.
One item was left out of last week's Dixie Dugan extravaganza, so here's the omitted spanking threat.
Great lead-in to a spanking. Too bad he didn't bother to raise her fur coat. I don't think she felt it the way she should've.

Wouldn't it be great to continue the whole Cinderella thing, spanko-style? Maybe the Prince has a magic hairbrush that is a perfect fit for the bottom of his future bride? Maybe he has to scour the Kingdom spanking all the ladies until he finds the right one?
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 03/30/2018

Post by web-ed »

Sweetspot wrote:You're doing great work here with these comic strip spankings :D
Thanks for the encouraging words, Phil, and of course for all your hard work in digging these strips up for us. :) I'm doing my best to present this material in an attractive and engaging fashion.
willjohn wrote:Was Dr Bobbs the inspiration for Dr Bob the dog doctor in The Muppet Show?
The Muppet Wiki doesn't mention any connection, Willjohn, so I imagine the answer is no. It's always possible, but I wonder how many people really remembered Dr. Bobbs or were influenced by it. Perhaps some younger people will become curious about it after seeing it here at CSR ;) , but I don't believe the strips have ever been collected.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/06/2018

Post by web-ed »

• The Comic Strip Series continues as Dr. Bobbs spanks the same spoiled brat he did last week!
  • We're nowhere near finished with organizing all our new Dr. Cylon material, but we don't see any reason why CSR readers shouldn't enjoy seeing some of the many treats he did long ago that were somehow mislaid, including this additional animated version of I Dream of (Spanking) Jeannie.
I'm going to include the March spanking search report in a separate post. I've also begun a series of self-evaluations in which I look at CSR and talk about what I'd like to do with the site and what I'm actually likely to be able to get around to - two different things, of course. I would like to mention here one change I made on the Home Page last week which probably no one has noticed: I replaced the Google search with Bing search (this allows you to search all of CSR including this board and works better than the old search box here on the board, which caused a lot of data base problems). It's actually quite a nice tool and probably works faster than browsing the galleries if you want to know where all the McLintock material on the site might be found, for instance.

Why replace Google with Bing? I'd actually been fed up with Google as a company for some time, but didn't know how to code the Bing search even though I knew it had to be fairly easy. I'd also been growing more and more angry with YouTube, which removed two of my videos including the excellent Wagon Train scene with Robert Horton spanking Susan Oliver. Apparently some little social justice warrior complained that it was "violence against women" or some such rot and YT took it down despite my pointing out to them that it was pretty much standard TV fare of the day.

The plain fact is that Google/YouTube have been engaging in a pattern of viewpoint discrimination for a long time - political conservatives have been discriminated against, and even videos that weren't overtly political but that did challenge the multi-culti orthodoxy would get removed for no reason. Google was biasing their search engine to avoid conservative websites and YT was de-monetizing the videos of the people who had made them successful, which is no way to treat your business partners. Dennis Prager sued and others had been forced to get lawyers involved to get their videos re-posted (an option I didn't have as none of mine were monetized in keeping with my personal philosophy of providing spanking material for free).

As a side note, it was obvious that sooner or later someone with a few loose screws who took a financial hit because YouTube pulled his videos down was going to get angry and quite possibly resort to violence, and this week someone did when Nasim Aghdam, a nutcase several times over who suddenly found her income cut off, shot three people at their headquarters. I hope it's clear I'm not suggesting she was in any way justified; I'm only saying that when you mistreat a lot of people there are likely going to be consequences.

But the last straw for me had come a week earlier, when YouTube decided to wage war against the right of every American to keep and bear arms. Gun-oriented channels, many educational in nature, were already being discriminated against by their videos being de-monetized; now they were being pulled down completely for no good reason. Understand, these were not channels that somehow advocated gun violence; people who merely talked about the 2nd Amendment or showed you how to clean your AR-15 were being silenced by the smug California progressives who run Google/YouTube.

So enough is enough. I only visit YouTube now when I absolutely have to, and I no longer search with Google. I advise everyone to do likewise (try Bing or, if you don't want your personal data being kept, DuckDuckGo) until Google/YouTube lose their dominant positions. Monopolies have always been dangerous, and it's taken a long time for many of us to apply this understanding to the Information Age, but Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg will soon be squirming before a congressional committee, and it looks like some sort of overdue reckoning is going to take place. End of editorial.

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with Part 3 of a three-part mini-series on Doctor Bobbs. :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!! Very :D to see a Doctor Cylon Spanking drawing and what a beauty Jeanie Barbara Eden whose bottom he spanking :D :D :D 8-) can think of a few episodes of that show that she should have been turn across a knee :twisted: :twisted: also another show back then that should have had spanking Bewitched Oh how I wanted to see Samantha over Darrin knee being spanked soundly while her mother watch only I think she would have twitched her nose a escape :twisted: :lol: :lol: unlike Jeanie who have do what her Master told her not only he could have her over his knee he could made her blink him a hairbrush 8-) :lol: :lol: now that a great DREAM!! 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: Doctor Cylon Did a Excellence job spanking her plump bottom he is A True Master in the Art Of Spanking 8-) :D :D :D Love a little romance with spanking and Dr. Bobbs did that 8-) think that cold snow cooled her bottom off :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: good otk but I feel her frame is too thin! GREAT SPANKING FROM Comic 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

I had already seen the "Dr. Bobbs" comic strip that contains the two spankings of Emmy Blunt. Though I was very young at the time, I remember thinking: "Wow, this cartoonist must have a strong spanking fetish!" because I couldn't remember ever before seeing two nearly consecutive spankings in the funny papers.

Come to think of it now, I could have picked up on the twin spankings received by Sula and Margo, of "The Sky Band" fame, from The Phantom. To this day, I dunno which strip -- Return of the Sky Band or Dr. Bobbs -- was published first. But the two comic strips were published in the midyears of the 20th century, an era that I'm sure we all agree was very welcoming of spanking pictures -- in the comics, in the newspapers, and on screen.

I don't know how much more of the "Dr. Bobbs" strip your friend has recovered, but I recall that, a little later in the story, Emmy falls in love with her spanker and reports this to her father. Her dad is taken aback by this bit of news, and roars back:

"But I thought you hated him!"

Cheers,
Dan
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

If I remember rightly Jeanie had a look-alike who tried to get her into trouble with their fat arsed Djinn.
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Twice spanked in the same storyline is pretty rare for the comic strip...Merrie in Brenda Starr, Queen Pera in The Phantom and Cherrie in Smilin' Jack are also spanked more than once in a story. You could make a case that Giddy Jones was spanked twice by Tip in Boots and Her Buddies. More than one female spanked in the same story...Marshall twins, Smilin' Jack, Oaky Doaks, Thumply sisters in Big Ben Bolt, we can safely assume the Jackson Twins, Sky Band Leaders in Phantom, Polly and Her Pals [one was a juvenile].
Exactly correct Web-Ed! Some one tells me "There's a live shooting at You Tube headquarters." First words out of my mouth, "I'm only surprised it took this long." Later, of course, I was also surprised that it was a female shooter.
Last edited by Sweetspot on Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.