Some info on "Abbie 'n Slats"

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
daneldorado

Some info on "Abbie 'n Slats"

Post by daneldorado »

First off, Web-Ed, let me thank you for flagging some of your new posts as F/M. I didn't open any of them, since I avoid F/M like the plague. M/F is the way it should always be, except for some rare F/F pics.

But you also show a toon labeled "Mystery Movie Star Spanking." And you say you haven't been able to find any backstory for it. Well, I don't have the toon in my collection, but I do remember it well.

It's from Abbie 'n Slats, a famous comic that ran from 1937 to 1971. It was started by Al Capp, of Lil' Abner fame, but he grew disinterested -- although the strip was a hit -- and turned it over to Raeburn Van Buren in, about, 1945.

Slats, you will remember, was a Lil' Abner type of rural yokel, strong and tall and handsome, but without big-city sophistication. The character of "Abbie" was his elderly cousin -- or aunt, or something. Slats' love is Becky, the beautiful brunette he intends to marry someday.

In the strip in question, the bald, corpulent fellow with eyeglasses is actually a successful novelist, John Smith. He has written a bestselling book that has brought him fame. The blonde lady over his knee is a gold digger, not so pure and not so simple. She and her publicity agents inveigle Mr. Smith into actually marrying the blonde floozy... for the publicity, natch. But he thinks her love is sincere.

When he discovers their marriage was a sham, he puts his new bride over his knee and spanks her soundly. That's when Becky bursts in, along with the bride's PR people, who claim she has "grounds for a lawsuit -- harsh and inhuman treatment."

The phony bride gets a good spanking all right, but then John Smith stands up to face the PR guys. He tells them that, despite his tame physical appearance, he is an expert on boxing. Then he proceeds to knock them both out. And guess what? The paddled princess realizes she has learned a good lesson, and decides to stay married to the big lug.

I may have a few small details wrong, but that is the way I remember this comic strip.

Incidentally, Raeburn Van Buren may have been a spanko. We already have two spankings from "Abbie 'n Slats," and I hope and pray that before I die, I get to see once again the greatest comic strip spanking ever: The scene where Slats puts a spoiled heiress over his knee and spanks the daylights out of her because she offers to kiss him, and he says: "I'd wanna kiss you if you was Becky, but you ain't Becky." With that, she slaps him -- hard. In two seconds, she is over his lap, getting the spanking of her life.

But that strip has never been posted to this or any other spanko board, to my knowledge. I hope I get to see it again, someday.

Anyway, the background to your "Mystery Movie Star Spanking" is now revealed.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Some info on "Abbie 'n Slats"

Post by web-ed »

Wow - I just got the thing out there, and already you've got all this information for me! That's what I call service, Dan - many thanks. I will update the page shortly with the back story you have provided.

So it's the third spanking from Abbie 'n Slats - and you say there's a fourth with Slats spanking a spoiled heiress! Maybe Raeburn Van Buren was a spanko, at that. I will of course add this fourth spanking to my search list, and maybe we'll turn it up one of these days.

And for the benefit of anyone who hasn't seen the first two spankings from Abbie 'n Slats Dan referred to, you can find them here:

Abbie 'n Slats Spanking #1
Abbie 'n Slats Spanking #2
-- Web-Ed