Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/06/2018

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:I had already seen the "Dr. Bobbs" comic strip that contains the two spankings of Emmy Blunt. Though I was very young at the time, I remember thinking: "Wow, this cartoonist must have a strong spanking fetish!" because I couldn't remember ever before seeing two nearly consecutive spankings in the funny papers.

Come to think of it now, I could have picked up on the twin spankings received by Sula and Margo, of "The Sky Band" fame, from The Phantom. To this day, I dunno which strip -- Return of the Sky Band or Dr. Bobbs -- was published first. But the two comic strips were published in the midyears of the 20th century, an era that I'm sure we all agree was very welcoming of spanking pictures -- in the comics, in the newspapers, and on screen.

I don't know how much more of the "Dr. Bobbs" strip your friend has recovered, but I recall that, a little later in the story, Emmy falls in love with her spanker and reports this to her father. Her dad is taken aback by this bit of news, and roars back:

"But I thought you hated him!"

Cheers,
Dan

It's amazing that you remember these spankings from Dr. Bobbs, Dan, since they occurred 69 years ago in Jan. and Feb. of 1949 :o . (Sala and Margo got their twin spankings from The Phantom eight years earlier on Nov. 30, 1941 - this information may be found in The Comics Spanking Data Base). Our third spanking in Dr. Bobbs, which we'll see next week, was actually the first chronologically occurring in 1943.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

The Dr. Bobbs spanking #2 has a really good story line and I think it's great that he spanked her twice :D . I agree with your comments about the art work. The composition is much better but it is certainly lacking details......especially since our spankee looks pretty flat and there's no definition of her bottom at all. It's still a good find though with the continuing story and all the details of what's happened :D .

I have to say that Julius Zimmerman sure knows how to draw a shapely bottom. On the other hand, the breasts he draws are ridiculously large :lol: Doc Cylon knows how to enhance these drawings to make it appear as if those shapely bottom cheeks have been well spanked :D . Good updates :D . Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:The Comic Strip Series continues as Dr. Bobbs spanks the same spoiled brat he did last week!
Oh yeah! This is just the kind of storyline I love to see! The spoiled pretty heiress eggs the young man on until he spanks her... and then they realize (or admit for the first time) that they've been attracted to each other all along. Well... Ms. Blunt may have been a little slow to catch on, since it took a second spanking and a facefull of snow! Does the romance continue? I had never heard of Dr. Bobbs before, so I know nothing about the strip except for what is in the panels that you posted this week and last week.
web-ed wrote:We're nowhere near finished with organizing all our new Dr. Cylon material, but we don't see any reason why CSR readers shouldn't enjoy seeing some of the many treats he did long ago that were somehow mislaid, including this additional animated version of I Dream of (Spanking) Jeannie.
I sometimes have the same problem with Dr. Cylon and Julius Zimmerman that I have with Bill Ward. Up to a point, big boobs are sexy, but past that point, they can become grotesque. But still... the thought of Jeannie getting spanked... :D :D :D :D Mmmmmm!

On the other matter: I try not to get too political on this forum, but, I'll say this. I myself don't currently own a gun. but I totally support the Second Amendment of the Constitution. Any American citizen who is not a criminal of a mental patient should have the option of being armed if he or she so chooses.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:The Comic Strip Series continues as Dr. Bobbs spanks the same spoiled brat he did last week!
Oh yeah! This is just the kind of storyline I love to see! The spoiled pretty heiress eggs the young man on until he spanks her... and then they realize (or admit for the first time) that they've been attracted to each other all along. Well... Ms. Blunt may have been a little slow to catch on, since it took a second spanking and a facefull of snow! Does the romance continue? I had never heard of Dr. Bobbs before, so I know nothing about the strip except for what is in the panels that you posted this week and last week.
web-ed wrote:We're nowhere near finished with organizing all our new Dr. Cylon material, but we don't see any reason why CSR readers shouldn't enjoy seeing some of the many treats he did long ago that were somehow mislaid, including this additional animated version of I Dream of (Spanking) Jeannie.
I sometimes have the same problem with Dr. Cylon and Julius Zimmerman that I have with Bill Ward. Up to a point, big boobs are sexy, but past that point, they can become grotesque. But still... the thought of Jeannie getting spanked... :D :D :D :D Mmmmmm!

On the other matter: I try not to get too political on this forum, but, I'll say this. I myself don't currently own a gun. but I totally support the Second Amendment of the Constitution. Any American citizen who is not a criminal of a mental patient should have the option of being armed if he or she so chooses.
Glad you liked our Dr. Bobbs spankings, b00m! Quite honestly, I don't think you're going to like the third spanking quite as much because it's paternal, but I can promise you it's well deserved and a true brat gets her just desserts!

I agree that the absurdly-large boobs drawn by Julius Zimmerman did detract from the sexiness of his female figures. At his best, they're comical and make you laugh, but at worst they distract the eye and detract from the eroticism. Zimmerman had some other "preoccupations" shall we say as well that sometimes made Dr. Cylon's job nearly impossible. Near the end of Zimmerman's life, the good Doctor was being driven to despair, and there are many Zimmerman/Cylon collaborations that will never be posted on CSR because they contain graphic, raunchy (though sometimes hilarious) sexual acts.

I have tried to be apolitical with CSR. I have written many political essays, but they are published on political sites (under a different name, of course) which is where they belong. I want CSR to be about spanking, not my political views. Unfortunately, we live in an age in which a major political party now operates largely outside of government as well as inside it, bullying people, threatening them, and trying to get them fired from their jobs if they don't hold the "correct" political views. Brendan Eich, the CEO of Mozilla, was forced out because years ago he supported a California proposition to declare that marriage was between one man and one woman. We recently saw David Hogg trying to intimidate Laura Ingraham's sponsors - evidently anyone who doesn't agree with him about banning guns is to be silenced and forced off the air. Just this week, a nurse was tracked down by some Leftists who managed to get her fired from her job not because of anything she had done as a nurse but because they didn't like her political views as expressed on social media. So much for reasoned debate and discussion.

It didn't used to be like this, and videos (including the harmless and delightful Wagon Train spanking I posted) didn't used to get pulled off YouTube just because someone didn't like them. But now that it's happening, I feel I owe CSR's readers some explanation of why I don't post spanking videos on YouTube any more, and why the Google-powered search box had to go. But I promise to say no more than necessary about political matters. :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/13/2018

Post by web-ed »

The Comic Strip Series continues as Mr. Royale spanks his spoiled daughter Diana in the conclusion of our three-part Dr. Bobbs mini-series!

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with an update to the spanking from Miki we posted some time ago - new scans from Sweetspot. Actually, these have already been posted on the Forum, so we'll work in something else as well if we can.

We haven't run out of new material, but I'm concerned about falling behind this week so I decided to take it relatively easy and renovate an existing page (which had to be done anyway). If I've got time to do a second update of some kind, I will.

So stick with us - we've got more good stuff coming soon! :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

There seems to be a common thread to all of these spankings and that is that the rich, spoiled brat gets a well deserved spanking, regardless of who is administering it :D .....just the way we like it :lol: . Again, the story is a good one even if the art work leaves a bit to be desired. I will say that the spanking panel does show a hint of definition of the spankee's bottom. I also liked the expression of surprise and distress on her face :D . She obviously was taken by surprise by this turn of events :lol: . Good update. Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB -ED CSR!!!! Another Spoil brat gets it in a Dr. Bobb comic 8-) :D don`t know why Dianna`s father waited so long to spank her ? maybe he thought she grow out of being a mean brat who kill goldfish :twisted: :o anyway no woman is too old for over the knee correction :D :D :D :D the spanking is hard and her facial expression and cries for help tells that it painful :lol: :lol: :lol: GREAT Spanking 8-) 8-)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Wonder if she put the bowl on the stove and boiled the fish to death?
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

I'm in the midst of having my medication for BPH [Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia] switched over to a different drug that hopefully will ultimately improve my quality of life. I evidently have what the urologist called 'prostate Chicago' which is choking off the bladder's ability to urinate efficiently. Without going into a lot of blah..blah...blah detail it's been an interesting experience. One that has sapped me of a lot of my energy and drive. But I do want to contribute here and I'm seeing some improvement after six weeks of dealing with this.

First I want to note with congratulations to Web-Ed that the Forum had a historical high 46 users on-site Friday morning March 30! :D I don't know if that's half 'robots' or what but it seems impressive.

Popular Comics #117 captures the tail-end of the Diana Royale storyline - about the last week and a half of the original comic strip run. Thanks to a brief summary of events provided by Caplin and McArdle we can be quickly brought up to date on what has transpired before the comic book picks up the story.
Dr. Bobbs September 21, 1942 Sandusky Register
Dr.Bobbs21September1942Sandusky[OH]Register#1.jpg
Dr.Bobbs21September1942Sandusky[OH]Register#1.jpg (67.18 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
Dr. Bobbs September 21, 1942 Sandusky [OH] Register
Dr.Bobbs21September1942Sandusky[OH]Register#2.jpg
Dr.Bobbs21September1942Sandusky[OH]Register#2.jpg (65.38 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
Dr. Bobbs November 21, 1942 The News-Herald Franklin, PA
Dr.Bobbs21November1942TheNews-HeraldFranklin,PADETAIL#1.jpg
Dr.Bobbs21November1942TheNews-HeraldFranklin,PADETAIL#1.jpg (55.29 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Dr. Bobbs November 21, 1942 The News-Herald Franklin PA DETAIL
Dr.Bobbs21November1942TheNews-HeraldFranklin,PADETAIL#2.jpg
Dr.Bobbs21November1942TheNews-HeraldFranklin,PADETAIL#2.jpg (58.55 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
Justin Haggerty was a successful newspaper sports writer before he became infatuated with Diana Royale who insisted his real calling was playwright. But his play, Calcutta Climax is horrible and no one will produce it. Diana dumps Justin because he is a flop. Justin becomes a hot, homeless, jobless mess. Dr. Bobbs looks over his script and recommends changes to make it more accessible to his audience giving him the old 'write what you know about' speech. Mr. Royale secretly finances the play now titled Brooklyn Climax - it's a hit! Diana Royale dislikes Justin to the point that she wants him to continue to flop so first she steals the script - that doesn't work out - but it does send Justin back among the bums in despair. When the script is found and the play is produced Diana sends her lackey out to hire bums to break up the opening. Unfortunately for her the stooge hires some bums including Justin to break up the opening of his own play :o. The rest of this you can read in the comic book CliffsNotes version.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Dr. Bobbs Strip

Post by web-ed »

First, Phil, we're all glad to have you back. It seems like one of our gang is always missing these days, pulled away by problems of one sort or another. Prostate problems are inevitable, I'm afraid, among all men who live long enough. :( The prostate doesn't always press against the front of the bladder, but when it does it will squeeze the urethra. I'm not a doctor (where's Dr. Bobbs when we need him?) but I have a good grasp of human anatomy so I know what happens. I hope your new medicine brings you some better relief than the old one did.

Thanks for alerting me to our record activity on the board. Given the timing, I'd assume a lot of people are getting in the habit of checking out the new stuff every Friday morning since I'm pretty good at getting it out by then.

And of course thanks for looking up the original Dr. Bobbs strips - I hoped you'd be able to turn them up but didn't think it would be this fast. I will add them to the page this week. :D
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi. Web-ed
web-ed wrote:he Comic Strip Series continues as Mr. Royale spanks his spoiled daughter Diana in the conclusion of our three-part Dr. Bobbs mini-series!
Even though I'm not as fond of parental spankings as i am of romantic ones, clearly Diana deserved what she got! And the OTK positioning was nicely drawn.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/20/2018

Post by web-ed »

This week we revisit Miki with new scans by Sweetspot :ugeek: .

Next week: The Comic Strip Series continues as we begin a new three-part series on Ella Cinders with new scans from Sweetspot. :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!!! This week Spanking from the comic Miki is Nice :D :D plus it had a happy ending. spanking does wonders in comics and movies :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: the atl position is good too bad the spankee doesn't have much of a shape being she a older woman :x even though I seen women in their 50`s 60`s with very curvy builds that needs a good spanking :twisted: :lol: :lol: Good spanking from comic 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

The new scans of this are certainly much more clear than the first one we had. Also, I'm glad to see that we now have the complete story. Of course, this story turned out exactly as it should have and even Henry's wife knew she had been a naughty girl and deserved a good spanking :D . I dated a girl back in my younger days who enjoyed being a brat but wasn't into spanking at all. We worked at the same store and while at work, I saw her leaving her area just as customers were wanting help. I told her if she didn't come back and take care of them, I would give her a spanking that evening during our date. She just laughed at me and kept on going so I had to take care of her customers instead of doing my own work. That evening, I made good on my promise. She went calmly over my lap without putting up any resistance. I pulled her jeans down and her panties. I lectured her as I played with her bottom and told her she deserved this spanking. She just looked back at me and said that she knew I HAD to spank her since I had promised to do so and admitted that she deserved it. I was reminded of this event when I read your comment, " And this reminds us of the interesting fact that even some women not into spanking, meaning they don't find the idea very exciting, will accept a spanking under the right circumstances". Your analysis of this phenomenon is right on the money ;) . Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed
web-ed wrote:This week we revisit Miki with new scans by Sweetspot.
I love this one! Even though Sarah isn't depicted as being particularly sexy, she's still the love of Henry's life... and I think he must feel some of the attraction that brought them together in the first place. He mouths the words about it hurting him more than it hurts her, but there's a big smile on his face! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for finding some of the surrounding panels to give us "The Rest of the Story", as Paul Harvey was so fond of saying. I especially like the last part, where Sarah admits that she deserved to be spanked and asks for Henry's forgiveness. All in all, it's a sweet little story. Hopefully there was a happy ending with the job he quit too. Maybe his boss hired him back with a raise, or a competing company hired him and drove his old boss out of business?
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/27/2018

Post by web-ed »

The Comic Strip Series continues with the first entry in a three-part series on Ella Cinders: Spoiled Cathy gets spanked by her dad - an old story but one we never get tired of!

Now another word about Dr. Bobbs: when I presented spanking #2 three weeks ago I neglected to include Phil S.'s :ugeek: comments, a lapse which I have now corrected. I suppose no one really cares how this mistake came to pass, but perhaps I should mention the prep work that goes into the current Comic Strip Series so everyone will understand why I'm not getting more material posted.

Yes, the basic material is already safe in my folders although I do generally rename it. But to present it, I have to research what other spankings we might already have seen in the strip, and if it's one we haven't seen before I have to do some basic research on it. I begin coding the page, laying out the visual elements first and then slowly writing the explanatory text, dates, other notes, and copyrights. At this point, I'm supposed to check to see if I have any of Phil's comments in the files (sometimes I have them and sometimes he has said little about his find) and then code them into place on the page as well. This was the step that got left out in the rush (and I am always rushed these days). Sorry about that, Phil - I value your comments and I'm sure CSR's readers do as well! :)

Lest I sound completely disorganized, I change the text color on any comments of Phil's I've utilized - that is in fact what helped me realize this week I'd missed something with Bobbs.

Speaking of Dr. Bobbs, this week's update certainly resembles spanking #3 from that strip (posted two weeks ago) in that a spoiled adult brat gets a good spanking from her father :) . I think this one was first discovered by Andre, but my notes are incomplete on that point and Phil S. may have discovered it independently. If that's the case, Phil, just let me know and I'll see you get the co-credit in the DB.

Next two weeks: We have two more spankings from Ella Cinders, both enjoyable, non-paternal scenes, and these two were indeed discovered by Phil. :D

That will take us well into May, by which time I hope I've figured out where we're going from there as well as prepared for another Super-Spanking Summer :o !
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! Outstanding!! Spanking from Ella Cinders 8-) 8-) And Cathy really got it good from her father :D :D :D the over the knee is Great as we get a very good view of Cathy`s well figure bottom :D too bad there wasn`t no pain stars :x like that there was a couple of witnesses watching :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: THANKS 8-) 8-)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Cathy's clumsy attempt to break up Patches and Ella only gained her a well smacked arse with the promise of more to come.

What an unpleasant girl. Looks like everybody is awake to her mendacity now.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/26/2018

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Cathy's clumsy attempt to break up Patches and Ella only gained her a well smacked arse with the promise of more to come.

What an unpleasant girl. Looks like everybody is awake to her mendacity now.
Looks like it, Willjohn. She's a truly deserving spankee!
-- Web-Ed