Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Even though there no spanking in this week comic drawing :( I did enjoy seeing Super Hot Ginger Maguire Skygirl doing a lot of sexy bending over :D Alex Blum and Matt Baker did a great job on giving Skygirl one very curvy spankable bottom but no spanking :x anyway seeing Skygirl in some spanking position is nice :lol: too bad the artists didn`t add spanking :x GREAT COMIC ART FROM SKYGIRL!! THANKS !! Can`t wait to see some good Halloween Spanking drawings 8-)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:We did a special feature a few years ago on Skygirl, who had no special abilities other than some modest piloting skills and being able to bend over in almost any situation. Having finished our research on Jumbo Comics, where her strip appeared, we have eight more instances to share with you in which Skygirl handles some crisis or other by leaping into it fanny-first - good girl art at its finest!
I liked the newest additions to Skygirl, even though the writers and artists of that strip ripped the public off by not ever having her get spanked! In the realm of missed opportunities, I don't know who was worse: Skygirl or Lois Lane! Lois Lane displayed a lot of spank-worthy behavior that was never properly dealt with... (Yeah, yeah, she got spanked ONCE by a @#$% ROBOT... but that really doesn't count! She needed to be turned over a MAN"S knee, not a machine! If Superman didn't have it in him, Jimmy Olsen or Perry White should've done the job! Heaven knows she gave both of them plenty of provocation too!) Skygirl wasn't as bratty... (that I've seen) but how could any red-blooded man resist that target? At the very least, some guy needed to give her a flirtatious one-swatter, or maybe celebrate her birthday with a spanking! SOMETHING!

Well... anyway... thanks for showing us all those cute pictures of Skygirl's shapely (and unfortunately unspanked) posterior.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/17/2014

Post by web-ed »

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Humorama Update: I found the third printing of Bill Ward's "Bottoms Up" toast cartoon, which is one of his best, and I bring it to you now.
  • One of our many original discoveries of spankings in comics is this on in which Stuart Taylor spanks the Queen of the Amazons, but until recently only a microfiche version was available. Now we have a nice scan from paper to enjoy!
I've been ill the past few days which prevented me from being able to do any kind of special feature this week, although my regular work including searches continued unabated. Halloween decorations next week and the Hallowed Eve special itself will consume the next two weeks, but after that we will have something special (by which I mean Humorama models, missed opportunities, or a video) in November. And by that time, the last chapter of "The Whys of Spanking" will be ready, so stick with us! :)
-- Web-Ed
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

hi web-ed,

sorry you're not feeling well. hopefully you'll be back to your old self soon. thanks for this weeks offerings in spite of being under the weather! I do appreciate you! looking forward to the Halloween decorations as that is my second favorite holiday! and i'm looking forward to your last chapter on spanking too! thanks again for all you do!

sunflower
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i enjoyed revisiting Ward's "bottom's up" spanking again. i like the OTK position as well as her kicking legs and waving arms :D . Ward has drawn a nicely shaped spankee this time. like you, i don't care for the distorted shapes of his later work but this is nice. i also love the spankee's wide-eyed expression as she finds her self in a predicament :lol: i always like the way Ward depicts the spankee's clothing with the dress hanging nicely and the stretched tops of her stockings :D . i also enjoyed re-reading the historical information you presented on Ward in your original post of this drawing ;) . you think there is a 4th printing of this pic which we don't yet have but at least we have the first 3 and a scan of the original drawing :D . nice new scan and the collection is growing ;) . your new scan of the amazon queen spanking is much better than the first one you posted. good OTK position and i like the position of her arms which indicate her attempt to struggle :D . i do wish he had pulled her dress up though :lol: . again, i enjoyed re-reading the earlier information you had presented. i hope you get to feeling better very soon and i appreciate you providing us with an update even though you weren't feeling your best. thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Like Phil, I too enjoyed seeing the "Bottoms Up!" toon by Bill Ward. Thanks for reposting it.

If you can believe this, "Bottoms Up!" is my FAVORITE out of all of Bill Ward's spanking toons. His later work seems twisted, in a way, because he eventually went on to draw women with impossibly huge breasts. In his earlier career, Ward drew cute girls, such as the lady who is getting a spanking here, with a big smile on her face.

And Web-ed, I am quite pleased to see your panel from "Stuart Taylor" and the title character having a scene where he gives a girl a good, old-fashioned spanking. July 1940, you say? Mmm, that was the era of maximum public approval of grown-girls getting spanked. Later decades would find this public humiliation of females an outrage. But, as I have written here before, I can name the titles of SEVEN (7!) popular movies from 1941 that showed us a female being spanked over some man's knee. And all these flicks were box-office hits. Nowadays, we rarely find good spanking films in mainstream media. Thank God -- and Web-ed -- that we have the Chicago Spanking Review.

Also: You say that the spankee here is yet another "Queen of the Amazons." That's great. Another proud, arrogant, high-born femme being humbled like a naughty child. Mmm, that's delicious on so many levels!

Cheers,
Dan
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! IT`s GReat to see a proud woman being taken down a peg via a good over the knee spanking by a big strong man in a comic book :lol: Hooray for the CLASSIC :lol: now even though this is a fantastic spanking from a comic book I just wish the Amazon Queen out fit would have been a little skimpier :D but hey this was the 40`s :lol: anyway like the panels leading up toward the spanking! and the spanking what can I say OUTSTANDING 8-) This Queen was taught a very good lesson :lol: The spanking of Grown women back in the days seem to have been the norm especially when it was deserve too bad time have change :x It really good to see spanking in old classic comics something about that era made it better! maybe because those book or movies depict men as men who knew how to deal with head strong women! SUPER GREAT SPANKING IN A CLASSIC COMIC 8-) Think Ward`s Glamour girl are hot !! got to give to the sexy clothes they wear and how it shows their every curves :D the early Ward`s drawing was GREAT! and The Bottom Up Toast spanking drawing is HOT 8-) the otk is good with the woman plump panty cover rear nicely up high :D and her reaction on being spanked is also good !really love WARD work ! HOT DRAWING 8-) THANKS!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Ahhhhhh yes! I love it that both of your updates this week feature a woman turned over a man's knee!
web-ed wrote:Humorama Update: I found the third printing of Bill Ward's "Bottoms Up" toast cartoon, which is one of his best, and I bring it to you now.
I think I might agree with Dan about that one being Bill Ward's best drawing. The woman is nicely shaped... and she and the man are both smiling! It's so much better than Ward's later work, with grotesque women and hostle-looking men. Thank you for finding a new scan that gives us a more detailed look at Ward's fantastic technique with sexy women's clothes. I love it.
web-ed wrote:One of our many original discoveries of spankings in comics is this on in which Stuart Taylor spanks the Queen of the Amazons, but until recently only a microfiche version was available. Now we have a nice scan from paper to enjoy!
A lovely scan from an old comic book! Did the Amazons ever really exist? Some historians claim that there were women on the Russian steppes who rode horses and used bows to hunt and fight side-by-side with their men. And the Centaurs were probably based on the Huns, who trained their warriors that the horse and rider should move as one united being.

I hope you'll feel better soon, and thanks for giving us such a terrific update, even when you were under the weather.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 10/17/2014

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:If you can believe this, "Bottoms Up!" is my FAVORITE out of all of Bill Ward's spanking toons.
I believe it Dan, and that opinion has a lot to support it. It's certainly Ward at his best, and perhaps not coincidentally done very near the end of his days still working in regular comics (I would assume it was drawn during the first half of 1956). Everyone else seemed to like it, too.

And thanks, everyone, for all the good wishes. I should be well in another week, and this week's updates are already completed though not yet uploaded so there will be "no interruption of service". Don't you wish the government were run as well as CSR? :lol:
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/24/2014

Post by web-ed »

I put up the site's Halloween decorations this week so readers can see all their old favorites again. We'll have a small special next week with a spanking wolfman and a Bill Ward update with a non-Halloween theme. Also, everyone should be aware that both Phil (Overbarrel) and Hugob00m have been busy in their respective galleries, so be sure to go over there and see the latest installments of "A Custom Fit" and "O.T. Katie".

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Humorama Update: we found the first printing of Bill Ward's "School of Hard Knocks" spanking.
  • Humorama Update 2: Another first appearance of a Ward cartoon, Fairy Godmother Spanking.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!! It so good to see some of Bill Ward sexy spanking drawings again especially his early work 8-) If this is The School Of Hard Knocks me think the Dean should have use something more harder to spank his female student with other than that thin piece of paper :lol: the otk in this drawing is good but I don`t know why the Dean had to have such a high stool forcing the young woman to use a small stool to keep herself balance so that she won`t fall off his lap :twisted:also like her plump panty bottom and classy looks :D GREAT DRAWING! Can`t blame Comedy Riot for putting this Super hot spanking drawing from Ward on it cover 8-)too bad Cinderella wasn`t place firmly across her Fairy Godmother`s lap for this spanking :lol: seeing Cinderella being spanked on the bed by another woman kinder remind me of a old movie call Slaves of Bondage :twisted: anyway Cinderella is very curvy and Hot with big mellons size breasts and a big shapely rear that is made to be spanked :D The Godmother is also very curvy with huge torpedos size tits :lol: Ward is the King of drawing Glamorous women with fantastic bodies 8-) HOT HOT DRAWING! Glad to see the Halloween spanking drawings again :D can`t wait to see the new one next week!! speaking of Halloween just saw the scary classic Halloween starring Jamie Lee Curtis for the 100 times :lol: Mrs. Curtis did have a nice shapely bottom in that movie especially in those tight jeans :D it a shame she never got spanked in one of her movies would have love seeing her get it otk in A Fish Called Wanda :lol: THANKS!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

very nice additions to the Ward "school of hard knocks" drawing :D . it's just a bit awkward because of the height of the stool the dean is sitting on, but still a nice spanking drawing 8-) . good OTK position and a shapely, great looking spankee. like you, i like Ward's earlier depictions of women better so this suits me just fine :D . i think Ward did a good job on the expressions too............her look of total surprise and the dean's pleased expression. i'd be pleased to be looking at that too :lol: . it's nice that you were able to nail down the dates of the new scans. i did find it interesting that the editor put the "fairy godmother" drawing on the first page. i do have a question though.............in the 1965 version, the caption is obvious and mentions the fairy godmother. was the caption omitted in the 1958 version or is it just different? is that supposed to be it in the white rectangle talking about making your heart ache? in any case, it's another example of the lovely girls drawn by Ward in his earlier days.the spanker is obviously pleased with the spanking. the spankee looks to me as if she's wishing the man she was out past midnight with had spanked her before she got home...........or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part :lol: . i'm glad you were able to verify the first printing of this one..................you continue to make progress :D . thanks, phi
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

WOW! this week is terrific. Halloween is my second most favorite time of the year and I love the decorations! and Phil's and B00ms latest offerings! it doesn't get better than that! thanks web-ed, Phil and B00m! you guys are terrific!

sunflower
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:I put up the site's Halloween decorations this week so readers can see all their old favorites again. We'll have a small special next week with a spanking wolfman and a Bill Ward update with a non-Halloween theme. Also, everyone should be aware that both Phil (Overbarrel) and Hugob00m have been busy in their respective galleries, so be sure to go over there and see the latest installments of "A Custom Fit" and "O.T. Katie".
It's good to see your Halloween decorations again. I enjoy Halloween, and I think the holiday may still have some untapped potential for spankings.

AND thanks for the plug! Yes, I have a new O.T. Katie in progress, and I'd like everyone to see it ... and, of course, to give me comments.
web-ed wrote:Humorama Update: we found the first printing of Bill Ward's "School of Hard Knocks" spanking.
Humorama Update 2: Another first appearance of a Ward cartoon, Fairy Godmother Spanking.
I liked the way Bill Ward drew the women in his earlier cartoons. They seemed softer, and more lovable.

I think maybe both of these cartoons might have a place in the "missed opportunities" file. In the "School of Hard Knocks", the Dean should've just handed the girl her diploma and proceeded to spank her with his hand! And, in the "Fairy Godmother", I think maybe a sequel would've been in order. Maybe if each of the ladies had a boyfriend show up to interrupt the F/F spanking in progress, and they would decide that BOTH of the ladies need a spanking GIVEN BY A MAN"S HAND!

As usual, thanks for all your hard work in updating your site every week. I always look forward to seeing what you can cume up with.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/31/2014

Post by web-ed »

Happy Halloween, everybody! We've got a couple of updates this week you can enjoy while munching on some of that leftover Halloween candy :) . For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Humorama Update: we found the first and second printings of Bill Ward's "Don't Spare the Fishing Rod".
  • Halloween Special Feature: Most wolfmen cause a lot of trouble when the full moon arrives, but this one's a nice guy who just goes on a spanking spree.
Next week: We'll have the October search report, another update of a Bill Ward Humorama cartoon, two spankings from the TV series The Saint, and the long-awaited conclusion of our Whys of Spanking series!
-- Web-Ed
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

Happy Halloween!!

web-ed, thanks for this weeks updates and can't wait for your final chapter next week. hope you are fully recovered and are feeling a lot better!

sunflower
butch46163@yahoo.com

HAPPY HALLOWEEN WEB-ED CSR :D Now that`s a good spanking! in Bill Ward`s Don`t Spare The Fishing Rod 8-) even though I think the fish rod is a bad choice for and over the knee spanking :lol: anyway the women in this drawing doesn`t look as glamourous as in other Ward`s drawings I saw! The spankee who seem to be a Teenager is very well build with a nice sexy bottom just ripe for spanking :D the otk is good and the girl`s facial expression shows the spanking hurts :lol: Mama teaching this spoil brat a good lesson 8-) Outstanding drawing from Ward!! The full Moon really brought out the beast in this guy as he goes on a spanking spree :twisted: And who can blame him with all those naughty ladies out on Halloween in their sexy costumes :D The lady over Wolfee lap is hot too bad he didn`t give those plump buns of her a real spanking HOWL!! GOOD DRAWING!! THANKS!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The Wolfman spanking/tickling cartoon reminds me of an old gag (from a time when women were easily offended by bad language) where a man in a bar mumbles to a woman "Tickle my arse with a feather" . Offended she says "I beg your pardon?" He then says "Particularly nasty weather."

His inebriated friend tries the same routine but yells "Tickle my arse with a feather!" When the woman reacts he gets confused & says "Shit it's a c##t of a day."
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i see your original estimate of the first printing of Ward's "don't spare the fishing rod" spanking was right on the money :D . i'm glad you were able to verify these first 2 printings. of course, i like Ward's usual lovely ladies. i see he has drawn his normal panties for the spankee too and i never really liked them very well but apparently Ward did :lol: . good OTK position and i love the expressions too..........the absolutely happy look on the spanker's face and the startled look on the spankee's face 8-) . these are good finds for sure :D . in the Wolfman spanking, the spankee does indeed look to be tickled about the whole thing.............and our spanker seems to be enjoying himself too :lol: . i love the way fantasy play has drawn her feet.............the one being tickled is all curled up and the other one has her toes spread. she must be having some great sensations :D . i can see why the Wolfman is enjoying this so much. not only is he getting to spank that lovely bottom but just look where his other hand is :o . that's a most unique way to hold the spankee down :lol: . very good, timely toon and a good addition to our Halloween collection :D . good updates again. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/07/2014

Post by web-ed »

• Humorama Update: we identified the second, third, and fourth printings of Bill Ward's "Forget-Me-Not Spanking".
  • Article Special Feature: The long-awaited, cataclysmic conclusion to our "Whys of Spanking" Series: Practical Applications of the Theory.
  • Video Extra: Before he was the movies' third James Bond, Roger Moore was The Saint on television. Of course, we probably wouldn't even mention it except for the fact that there were two spankings on the show, the first an extended OTK session with Erica Rogers, the second a single whack on the butt with Justine Lord. We've packaged them together as Saint Spankings.
Next week: We'll start presenting one new item and one update of an existing page each week to get us through the end of the year. Our reasoning was that as much as we'd like to resume the Humorama Series or perhaps hold off on that while presenting some non-Humorama cartoons we've been hoarding for years now, the holidays are too close to get either of these series in. Rather than have any CSR readers miss something, or present either series in a stop-start fashion, we'll hold off until the New Year is underway and everyone's settled down and ready for another major series.
-- Web-Ed