Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!! This is a much much better Bill Ward spanking drawing than last week`s :twisted: especially the spankee who has a very large round bottom :D she seem to not mind this spanking in fact the look on her face show of pleasure :D the otk is good with spankee rear up high! the spanker needs to spank harder if she want to get to the seat of the trouble :lol: GREAT DRAWING FROM WARD!! The Female Spank Female drawing is good I remember seeing this in Spanked Magazine back in maybe 80' 90' anyway the over the knee is good plus the spankee is bare bottom 8-) only flaw the spanker is using the wrong side of the hairbrush :twisted: :lol: GOOD DRAWING FROM ALAZAR!!! Can`t wait for next week drawings!! 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

wow! what you have to go through to get these pages done sounds more and more complicated all the time :? . in the Ward seat of the trouble drawing, the spankee does indeed look very contented. perhaps she's in subspace or at least it is feeling really good 8-) . i'm glad you were able to pinpoint the first printing of this one. you mentioned the typical clothes Ward dresses his girls in and i'll add that i like the way he has the spankee's dress pulled up to her waist with the front hanging down :D . i like the drawing by Alazar too. i like the nicely shaped bare bottom of the spankee. i think you are probably right about something other than pure discipline going on her too despite the expressions of the 2 girls 8-) . perhaps a little role playing. in any case, it's a good F/F drawing. good updates. i'll be looking forward to the Christmas special :D . thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Merry Christmas! WEB-ED CSR!! Hope your day was :D ! The first drawing of Krampus spanks by Derek Tall is GOOD! the otk is nice and that Birch Rod he using to spank with look very painful OUCH :lol: the look on the spankee face shows that she done something naughty and is going to pay :lol: the color is kinda dark and Krampus looks real scary also this drawing looks like a movie poster :twisted: GOOD DRAWING!! Unlike The first drawing of Krampus by Derek Tall El Manto Negro drawing looks cartoony eventhough the color on his is dark also! like the over the knee in this one with spankee bottom position right 8-) is those birch rods he using? anyway they seem to be working judging how the pretty spankee is crying :lol: GREAT DRAWING!! saw Krampus On The Cartoon Network last Night too bad he didn`t spank the Girls Dancing!! THANKS WEB ED THE HARDEST WORKING MAN 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 12/26/2014

Post by web-ed »

butch wrote:THANKS WEB ED THE HARDEST WORKING MAN 8-)
You're welcome, Butch! I see I didn't post the updates here, although I thought I did(?). I'm a little suspicious because we had an outage exactly two years ago on Christmas Eve that sure looked like a hacking attack, but perhaps the date is only a coincidence. Anyway, here is the announcement of this week's updates that should have been posted yesterday:
  • Everyone's extremely busy at this time of the year, so we'll keep this short: it's our Christmas Special as Krampus pays a visit to two bad girls, with predictable results! Derektall and El Manto Negro provide the art and the girls provide the red bottoms.
  • Merry Christmas everyone, and we'll see each other in the New Year!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i thought the spankee in Derek Tall drawing looked a little peculiar and not just the expression, which you already mentioned. almost as if her bottom is deformed some how. anyway, nice OTK position although Krampus is spanking with the wrong hand. you'd think an experienced spanker would know better :lol: . i like the view on the El Manto Negro drawing :D . i also like her expression and the fact that Krampus is having to hold her arm out of the way..............almost as if those birch rods are hurting her bottom :lol: . thanks for the Merry Christmas updates and i'll be looking forward to see what 2015 holds :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/02/2015

Post by web-ed »

Happy New Year, everyone :!: Let's get the December Search Report out of the way:

Pages searched: 3724
Total: 488450
Comic Spankings: 0

Considering that I went over almost 4000 pages, including quite a few Romance Comics, this is a somewhat disappointing result. Part of the problem is that I was fishing much of the time in the "dead zone" of 1956-1965, which according to my theories is almost devoid of non-parental spankings due to the comics code. One positive note: I was able to find for sale a comic from the 50's that I believe has a spanking in it, and it's on the way to me (this is one of those many cases where I have to get the actual book) so let's keep our fingers crossed. Sometimes these things don't turn out very well, as the time when I was sure a teen-age humor book with a female leading character had a spanking but when I finally got ahold of it, it was the girl's mother spanking her little brother :x ! So we'll see.

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Comics Update 1: Alley Oop Spanking. Oxken extracts the spanking from the background so we can examine it without distractions.
  • Comics Update 2: Oaky Doaks Spanking - a big brute spanks Judy (new color version reprinted 6 years after the original publication).
Next Week: I have a nice scan from paper of a comic-book spanking that was one of my many original discoveries, and which up until now we've only had a microfiche version of, and of course I'll go on at some length about plans for the year. :)
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Web-ed, you sure know how to kick off the New Year right!

I love your new captures, the Alley Oop and the Oaky Doaks comic spankings. I already had the Alley Oop toon, though in a severely degraded copy. Natch, I have now replaced it with your sharp new CSR copy. :D

Your research continues to amaze. You may recall my mentioning that, back in the 1980s and early nineties, I too carried off a long search from old magazine and book shops, not looking for spanking pics, but for photos of cheesecake: you know, girls lifting their skirts to show off their legs. My hunt ended up costing me a lot of money, though I have never felt sorry for spending it. And now, you are researching early media for spanking pics... gotta love that!

Thanks again, for coming through for us. I wish you and yours a very happy new year!

Cheer,
Dan
butch46163@yahoo.com

HAPPY NEW YEAR WEB-ED CSR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-) Oxken did a great job on upgrading King Wur spanking his daughter in Alley OOP 8-) only wish he kept the Whack Whack Whack !! :lol: Also Love The color version of the Admiral spanking Judy in Oaky Doak 8-) the otk is great!! Too bad Oaky had to stop the spanking :x Hope The NewYear bring new Spanking discoverings from comics!! THANKS!!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i can see why searching 4000 pages and finding nothing could be a bit disappointing, although, from what you've told us, it wasn't that big a surprise. fyi, I've also done some searching for spankings in mainstream publications with disappointing results. it's a pisser when you buy something thinking there is going to be a spanking in it and then it's not what you thought or there's nothing at all. it's interesting how they show a spanking on the front but there isn't one in the reading :evil: . anyway, i'm glad you keep hanging in there. i like Oxken's modification of the spanking from Alley Oop. it really gives us a good, clear view of the spanking :D . great OTK position. apparently Wur really knows how to give a spanking ;) . i liked it that the spankings from Oaky Doaks were so nice and clear and also in color although it would have been nice if they had included all the panel from the original. thanks for the history on all this too and the reminder that this was the way comic books started. i thought it was interesting that this was reprinted 6 years after it was first published. do you know if the artists got royalties from these? good updates to start the new year :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 01/02/2015

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:Thanks again, for coming through for us. I wish you and yours a very happy new year!
You're welcome, Dan, and the same to you :) !
Butch wrote:Hope The NewYear bring new Spanking discoveries from comics!!
It's brought one so far, Butch - that 1950's comic (which turned out to be a full-sized humor magazine) did indeed have an interesting M/F spanking, and we'll see it (as usual) at some time in the distant future when I can finally get around to it :lol: !
overbarrel49 wrote:i liked it that the spankings from Oaky Doaks were so nice and clear and also in color although it would have been nice if they had included all the panel from the original. thanks for the history on all this too and the reminder that this was the way comic books started. i thought it was interesting that this was reprinted 6 years after it was first published. do you know if the artists got royalties from these?

That's an interesting question, Phil - it depended on the precise terms of the artist's agreement with the newspaper syndicate. In some cases, the creators had no rights at all, Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster with Superman being the classic example (I'm referring specifically to the strip here, which in this case came after the character's debut in Action Comics #1). Thus had the Superman strip been reprinted in comic book form, say during the 1950's, they would have received nothing. (I believe by the time DC/Warner got around to reprinting the strip in softcover both men were deceased). Milton Caniff had no rights to Terry and the Pirates, which is why he moved on to Steve Canyon instead. Thus Caniff probably didn't receive anything for the Terry reprints but he must have for those of Steve Canyon (both strips were reprinted in comic books). And you can bet Al Capp was paid for any Li'l Abner reprints.

In general, newspaper strips paid much better and offered more creator rights than comic books did.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/09/2015

Post by web-ed »

We're getting back in the swing of things for the new year: I've got a nice scan from paper of a comic-book spanking that was one of my many original discoveries, and which up until now we've only had a microfiche version of, and over on the Forum another bunch of Humorama models to make us think about warmer weather! I also updated the Links Page, something I completely forgot about last year! Finally, I discuss the year in review and next year's plans over on this topic here on the bulletin board.

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Comics Update 1: Dickie Dean Spanking. See Rosalita Spano become Rosalita spanko!
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!!!!!! Roslita can surely use this cold wheather we`ll having to cool her burning buttocks! :lol: What a GREAT! Comic book spanking 8-) if only Zippy was setting on a chair or stool ! Also glad to see a much clearer scan 8-) Like how Roslita is laying flat across Zippy legs as he slaps her pert bottom silly! with lots of legs kicking from Roslita and pain stars this shows the spanking is hard! :D the artist of this comic Bart Tumey did a fantatic job 8-) only wish Zippy had kept his promise to treat all women like this :lol: SUPER GREAT SPANKING FROM COMIC!!!! is there a top ten good spanking from comics? THANKS!!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

wow! the new scan of the Dickie Dean spanking is a really big improvement over the old one :D . i agree with Butch that i would have enjoyed it better if he had been seated on something besides the floor. also, i would have preferred if it Rosita's bottom had been fuller and rounder..........typical spanker i guess :lol: . still, it's a nice spanking pic and i see our boy Zippy is highly irritated with her and is reflecting that in the intensity of the spanking he's giving her :D . i like the way she has been drawn kicking up a storm 8-) . it's nice to have a new, clear scan of another CSR first :D . good update. thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I haven't had much time to log on recently (except to add a Christmas Eve episode of O.T. Katie) but, of course, I have to comment on your latest update, and the one just before. Yay! Two weeks of exclusive M/F spankings from old comics!
web-ed wrote:Comics Update 1: Dickie Dean Spanking. See Rosalita Spano become Rosalita spanko!
web-ed wrote:Comics Update 1: Alley Oop Spanking. Oxken extracts the spanking from the background so we can examine it without distractions.
Comics Update 2: Oaky Doaks Spanking - a big brute spanks Judy (new color version reprinted 6 years after the original publication).
Oh yeah! A pretty woman turned over a man's knee... and in the past two weeks, we've had three of 'em! As the Big Bopper said, "Oh baby, that's what I like!" :D :D :D :D

Thanks for all your hard work finding and documenting stuff like this!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/16/2015

Post by web-ed »

• Comics Update: Dixie Dugan Spanking. New scan of the complete strip from Sept. 25, 1935.
  • Fan-favorite model Bettie Page is still inspiring artists to this day. Let's take a look at Bad Bettie Spanking Good Angel fully painted by Olivia.
Next Week: We don't have a new comic-book spanking, but we do have our discovery that one was reprinted. Also, Oxken tries his hand at modifying a very recent spanking drawing that began as part of an art trade.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

that's a very nice new scan of the spanking in Dixie Dugan. one thing i like about this is that it is more evidence to support my theory that naughty girls are never too old to be spanked :lol: . i think i'm a little confused about why there would be 2 different versions of the spanking panel published a few days apart?? in your original 2010 post of this, the spanking panel is clearly different than the ones you posted later yet the panel following the spanking is the same?? why would they redraw the spanking panel.............especially if it had already been published?? perhaps someone could clear this up for me. in any case, it's a good spanking for a good reason.......just the way i like it :D . i like the "good angel" spanking :D . for one, our angel has a very spankable bottom...........a very heavenly aspect to be sure 8-) . i also like the way her struggles have been depicted. she seems to be panicking and thrashing all around with Bettie having to hold her arm out of the way as she calmly goes about her business. from her expression and her struggles, you'd think that hairbrush was stinging her bottom :lol: . i also like out angel's stockings and garter belt :D . it's a nice spanking scene all the way around and i think Olivia did a great job on it :D . good find............and good updates ;) . thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!! Bad Bettie Spanking Good Angel is SUPER HOT 8-) what is she setting on a cloud :lol: the OTK is OutSTANDING with the Good Angel struggling to escape a good old fashion hairbrush spanking 8-) Love the way Bettie is using her tail to keep This beautiful Angel from kicking along with pinning her arm :lol: don`t know why she is being punish ? anyway this is a Fantastic drawing from Olivia with a straight out of the 50`s pin up style 8-) always`s remember Bettie Page as the spankee :twisted: BIG THUMBS UP !! to Richard Windsor for finding this second spanking drawing from Dixie Dugan. it seem spanking was the norm back in the days and no matter who are how old a female was she could still get a good spanking otk 8-) not only should Steve spanked his sister he also should have spanked his nephew Gerald because he was the one who stared all this :lol: don't know why the comic strip didn`t show both angles :? Steve really giving his sister a very hard spanking :lol: like the look on Gerald face and Dixie`s :lol: this is a Great spanking drawing 8-) THANKS!! Saw something in the comic page yesterday from a comic called Speed Bump that feature a female snow person telling a male snowman I told you what will happen if you ever tried that again! showing the snowman stick arm have broken after slapping the snowwoman`s bottom :twisted: it is a nice scene if only it was a real m\f butt slap instead snow people!
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed... Beautiful job here, of piecing together the fragments of the "Dixie Dugan" comic. But I wonder, along with Butch, if you could not do the same with the first spanking panel which begins with an elderly woman coming upon the scene and saying: "Here -- Here! What's going on?"

Placed side by side, those two panels serve to depict a really sound, energetic spanking. I really don't know why Dixie Dugan is standing there, saying "STEVE! Please don't!" Maybe there's an inner voice telling Dixie: No, Dix, he's defending your honor... let him continue the spanking!

When you go into the newspaper annals, you are bound to find a story line that is continued across two or more panels. Maybe you could "clean up" the old toon from microfiche and place it next to the new, superior panel you found. There is at least one blemish that mars the older panel: A dark spot on the spankee's right forearm. It would be no trouble to remove it from the woman's arm.

All in all, Web-ed, another remarkable find by you. Thanks from all the far-flung CSR family.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 01/16/2015

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:hi web-ed,

that's a very nice new scan of the spanking in Dixie Dugan. one thing i like about this is that it is more evidence to support my theory that naughty girls are never too old to be spanked :lol: . i think i'm a little confused about why there would be 2 different versions of the spanking panel published a few days apart?? in your original 2010 post of this, the spanking panel is clearly different than the ones you posted later yet the panel following the spanking is the same?? why would they redraw the spanking panel.............especially if it had already been published?? perhaps someone could clear this up for me. in any case, it's a good spanking for a good reason.......just the way i like it :D .
Because story lines were continued over days or weeks (one of The Phantom's spanking story lines lasted for months!), it was sometimes necessary to recap what had gone before because the creators could not assume that every reader had seen all the previous strips in that particular storyline. It appears that something like that is the explanation here: in the 9-27 strip (which isn't complete - top of the web page), if Gerald's mother were just standing around complaining about her wounded pride, readers might wonder what was going on. Of course, if McEvoy and Streibel had shown her rubbing her sore bottom, probably everyone would have figured out she'd just gotten spanked. Another possibility is the sheer drama and excitement of a spanking panel, making it worth repetition.

The truth is, we can't be sure because we seem to be missing something, namely the 9-26 strip, which if the year were 1935, should have been produced. Maybe it was 1937, when 9-26 fell on a Sunday - we just don't know at this point. Obviously this mystery is one I hope to clear up some day.
daneldorado wrote:When you go into the newspaper annals, you are bound to find a story line that is continued across two or more panels. Maybe you could "clean up" the old toon from microfiche and place it next to the new, superior panel you found. There is at least one blemish that mars the older panel: A dark spot on the spankee's right forearm. It would be no trouble to remove it from the woman's arm.
I certainly hope to find a better version of this strip some day, Dan, and to answer the question of what year it was and determine whether there was a 9-26 strip we need to see, as well as perhaps see what happened in the last panels of the 9-27 strip. Generally, searching through comic strips is more difficult and more expensive for me than searching through Golden Age comic books, but I do what I can manage, and there are quite a few strips in Comics Gallery 2 I'd like to have better versions of.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/23/2015

Post by web-ed »

• Comics Update: Roy Lance Spanking. We discovered this story was reprinted 15 years later, which gives us a nice new scan plus quite a few questions that we take a stab at answering.
  • A most unusual item involving three different artists: Bridgette gets Spanked.
I haven't prepared next week's updates yet, but it looks like we'll have another of Oxken's modifications, plus a new scan of Captain Easy Spanking #4.
-- Web-Ed