1. Little Audrey and Melvin #37 (Harvey, 1969) – this is now uncertain as I can't find any record of it anywhere. I'll leave it as "unconfirmed" for now. It wouldn't be of much interest in any case.
2. Feature Funnies #9 (June 1938) published by Comic Favorites (later Quality) – Joe Palooka (original Sunday strip date unknown). Joe spanks spoiled child star Nastica Gruntt, who actually isn't all that bratty, but is a little stuck-up.
3. Katy Keene #3 (1950 or 51, published by Archie) – looks like two more spankings of little sis. First is with hairbrush for asking Katy's boyfriends to bring her candy. Second is with a ukelele!
4. Sparkler #54 (April 1946) - published by United Feature. Katzenjammer Kids spank the Captain and another guy on cover (double spanking).
5. Startling Comics #42 (Nov. 1946) published by Standard. – Mama spanks son with hairbrush for gossiping on the telephone. Sister is walking away with pain starts indicating she got it first. Mama shown bending over 2 panels later, but no spanking for her, alas.
6 Feature Comics #93 (Nov. 1945) – more Big Top paddling as another clown paddles Butch. Hope this is the last one of these.
Most of this is either M/M or juvenile or both, which is why it won't be posted. Of some interest are the two additional Katy Keene / Little Sis spankings - this brings the known number of these to four, which is a lot! Early MLJ (Archie) comics have been insufficiently explored - there are still many basic questions scholars do not have answers for, such as indicia information that would give us precise publication dates, and based on the number of spankings I have found in the available issues I have always suspected there might well be more. Juvenile stuff such as Little Archie wouldn't be of much interest, nor Archie or Jughead getting spanked by their fathers, but an undiscovered early spanking of Betty or Veronica is a distinct possibility, and it would be great to have a second Suzy spanking or some other M/F scene!
By the way, the Data Base has now passed the 570 spankings mark
For links to this week's updates please visit the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
- Doctor Cylon update - he adds Roger Rabbit to the three existing variations on "Jessica After the Spanking".
- Humorama Series #99 - Secretary Spanking #28. This secretary is either crying before her spanking or is crying for more afterward - take a look and decide for yourselves. This rarity has never been seen before and would still be unknown but for a magazine we got a hold of thirty years ago!
- Humorama Extra: A comparison of Humorama's best spanking cartoonists, The Big Five Plus One, Part 1. No new spanking cartoons here, but there are some other cartoon/comics works as we examine and compare nine separate characteristics of these six men. Next week in Part 2 we'll try to see how they managed to live as professional cartoonists as we assemble the available biographical information.
- Lady Death Spanks Pariah - This one gave us loads of problems back in June when we posted it - we couldn't get a copy of the book, and then we forgot where some better Lady Death spankings were, etc. - and now that we've got the whole book it's time to fill in a few details, like what Pariah did to deserve her spanking. If nothing else, you'll discover that Lady Death tended to run around with her bare bottom exposed, which while somewhat chilly in the winter only serves to whet our appetites for more spanking during this, the second summer of super-spanking!
- Batman spanks Catwoman #6 by Tim - A long-delayed follow-up to the famous 1940 scene in which Batman threatened to spank Catwoman!
- We love the idea of seeing Mary Marvel taken OTK . It never happened in the comics, but it happens here as longtime Marvel Family villain Black Adam spanks Mary Marvel on the bare in this piece by humor cartoonist Joe Gravel.