Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/29/2016

Post by web-ed »

Lots of stuff to talk about as we have reached the last of our April updates.

First, I've been so busy I let our 12th anniversary pass without any particular notice. I haven't had time to do a lot of special features, but I did whip together a page with the Tony/Marla spanking on Dancing with the Stars that Dan recently alerted everybody to. I also did another installment of "Humorama Models We Should Have Seen More of" so we do have a couple of extras this week beyond the Rivals of Humorama series.

Second, although I haven't been happy to be reduced to one update per week, I must really thank our Resident Artists Dan, B00m, and Phil (Overbarrel) for taking up the slack with lots of great new spanking material :D ! And if you haven't been following what they've been up to recently, I have provided links on the main site since I'm limited to two links per post here on the forum. (Why? I don't know why - it's in the pre-packaged code somewhere. On the main site, I do the coding, and can put any number of hyperlinks in a page).

Third, I'm not going to make any long speeches about CSR's 12th Anniversary. I'm glad to be here, and I'm going to continue to stick around doing new pages as long as I can. My latest count shows 1326 pages on the main site, which could be a little low because Windows' search function is always somewhat suspect and it's only about 100 more pages than I had 2 years ago on the 10th Anniversary. Of course, I have done a lot of page updates, which doesn't increase the count since I'm only modifying existing pages instead of creating new ones, so perhaps 1326 pages is correct. In any case, it's a lot of pages (remember that these are Webpages, that is, individual HTML or PHP files, and do not correspond to traditional 8-1/2 X 11" pages - they can be "shorter" or "longer" than that in terms of how much material they can hold. Some of them, like the articles, are much longer than a typewritten page would be). So if you haven't toured all of CSR's pages, be sure to do so before you die :) - it's a lot cheaper than touring Europe! :lol:

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • From Resident Artist Dan Rivera: Spanking-good private eye Sam Swatt returns in "The Case of the Fumbled Falcon".
  • From Resident Artist Overbarrel: A really bratty college girl is going to get her comeuppance in Good Marks.
  • From Resident Artist Hugob00m: The always-popular O.T. Katie returns in Katie's Blue Box Adventure.
  • Special Feature: Another installment of Humorama Models We Should Have Seen More Of.
  • Video Extra: Tony spanks Marla on Dancing with the Stars!
  • Rivals of Humorama: our only cartoon from French Cartoons and Cuties is this one in which a pair of extendo-hands from the trick shop is employed to deliver a good whack!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I Don't know if you realize it or not but I have been enjoying, Sam Swatt, Captain Woodshed, Spanky Sal and O.T. Katie since 2002 :D . I first met both Dan and Boom at Arild's moviespanking that year and I've been enjoying all of their adventures ever since :D . Another poser artist, who went by the name of Angus Old turned me on to poser and I think it was the following year when I got a copy and started doing toons. My original purpose for doing them was just for me. I had figured out early on that I enjoyed spanking drawings much more than just photographs but I had trouble finding the kind of drawings that I liked the best.............mostly OTK, either hand spanking or small paddles. I was able to post a few things at Arilds before it closed up and then at some other groups that are mostly all gone now. In the process, I found that the comments from viewers and the discussions with them were just as much fun and just as satisfying as the toons themselves.

The point I'm heading towards is that CSR gives all 3 of us somewhere to post our toons where folks who appreciate them can see them. So, in addition to seeing all the weekly updates along with the information and history that goes with them, I also get to see Dan's colored toons and Booms new Katie's. Just as important to me, I have another place to post my toons where I can see comments from other spankos and discuss with them. Groups come and go with alarming frequency but CSR has been here for a dozen years providing a place for all of this to happen. Even though life often gets in the way of our fun, you have hung in there and continued to provide this for us, so If you're too busy to do as much as you would like, please know that we all understand and appreciate all your efforts :D

Now, for this week's update. This is another strange one but we keep getting closer to an actual spanking :lol: . The anonymous artist has provided us with a pretty good looking young lady :D . He also makes it plain that she is totally surprised to have these 2 hands swatting her bottom :lol: I thought he did a good job of indicating her surprise with the motion lines, hat popping off her head and her rather innocent, wide eyed look of surprise :D . I wonder if someone is operating those hands or perhaps they just know a spankable bottom when they see one :lol: . Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been a BIG FAN of Sam SWATT since the late 80`s early 90`s when it was feature in Spank Hard Magazine :D 8-) Kind of a great fantasy about what if those old Detective stories of the 40`s had spanking of beautiful women in them :twisted: 8-) :lol: I can see Sam Spade turning plenty of women who stepped into his office across his lap :lol: Please show more panel Mr. Rivera :D THANKS!! Bad dancer deserved a good spanking :lol: bet Marla stay in step now :lol: :lol: Good Video! love the pouty look on Monique Devereaux face should have been holding a hairbrush as she wait to be spanked :lol: Tana Louise would make a great spankee good body :D Extendo Hands drawing looks more like he grabbing her instead of spanking her :twisted: maybe if one hand came out an slapped her rear it would been better :lol: Good drawing shapely woman :D can`t wait to see an over the knee drawing soon 8-) THANKS!!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi Web-ed. First, I'd like to say thanks for the plug you gave me and the other two resident artists.
web-ed wrote:Rivals of Humorama: our only cartoon from French Cartoons and Cuties is this one in which a pair of extendo-hands from the trick shop is employed to deliver a good whack!
Like Butch, I wonder if those hands are swatting or grabbing... Either way, it's a fun picture and thanks for posting it.
web-ed wrote:Special Feature: Another installment of Humorama Models We Should Have Seen More Of.
Yeah!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/06/2016

Post by web-ed »

First, the April Monthly Spanking Search Report:

Pages searched: 979
Total: 532442
Comic Spankings: 4

The good news is that despite searching only about 1000 Golden Age pages from digital scans (I don't keep count of the pages I search in other ways, but they're important as we'll see below), I found 3 spankings, one of which is excellent: Suzie (of Archie Comics) gets an on-panel, OTK spanking from her father - hooray :D ! Bishop Berkley found this one at almost the same time as I did, so thanks to him from dropping me a line to let me know. I'm hoping to keep this one under wraps until just after Labor Day, when we'll have a CSR Homecoming Week and once again feature any Archie-stuff I have handy, including of course Suzie getting her bottom warmed!

The bad news is that I had been hunting another GA comics spanking I was sure existed the hard way - by getting an actual copy of the book since no scans were available. That comic, Willie #19 (Willie was Atlas's answer to Archie) did have a spanking all right - but it was of a 6-year-old genius - yuck :x ! I had really been hoping for another spanking of an 18 or 19-year-old young woman like Suzie. I also found another spanking in Suzie, but it was her niece.

Here are the details of the 3 not-so-good spankings, which will be duly logged into the Comics Spanking Data Base later today. None will be posted, so contact me by email or PM if you want to see any of them.

1. Suzie #63 (June 1948 Archie) – M/F, Ferdie/Angela, OTK, Hand. Angela’s antics to avoid seeing the dentist cause Ferdie much pain, so he takes Angela over his knee. Susie points it this won’t solve the problem. Spanking isn’t really consummated, but the drawing it's ambiguous enough to count it.
2. Willie #19 (May 1949, Timely/Atlas/Marvel) – M/M, Willie Watson/Squareroot, OTK, Hand. Willie doesn’t realize the mathematician he’s looking for is 6 years old and gets tormented by the brat, finally spanking him. A second spanking panel is seen after the kid bites Dean Gumwiddle – this time Willie complains that his hands are getting tired, but the Dean tells him to keep spanking!
3. Justice Traps the Guilty #12 (Nov. 1949, Prize Comics) – F/F, bending over, belt, Ma Bogash/Babe Bogash. Harsh scene with a Ma Barker-type criminal mother Ma Bogash taking the belt to her daughter Babe.

As I've mentioned in the past, Archie Comics are likely to be a rich source of undiscovered spankings. The problem is that because much of this material is still copyrighted, no digital scans of the copyrighted portion are available. Luckily, Suzie and Katy Keene can be scanned, and more of these are becoming available. One difficulty is that these two characters turned up in a lot of places besides their own books, which is good and bad: good because there are more opportunities for spankings, bad because I don't know all the places to look! (I found an off-screen spanking of Suzie in an issue of Jughead, of all places! - remember that Suzie was published by Archie but was not part of the Archie gang - and yes, we'll be seeing that one in September).

And speanking of Archie imitators, Archie Comics themselves published one called Wilbur, and it's slowly becoming available to me. It has its own cast of characters similar to the Archie gang but in a different "universe," that is, they don't live in Riverdale, etc. While searching it for spankings (so far only Wilbur himself has gotten spanked - ugh :x !) I chanced upon this interesting page which demonstrates just how obviously the strip was an imitation of Archie:

From Wilbur #11, Winter 1946. Pencils by Bill Vigoda; the writer is unknown.

Wilbur realizes he's late for his date with his girlfriend Linda Moore, but when he arrives at her house he calls her father "Mr. Cooper" and asks if Betty is there - whoops :oops: ! Obviously the writer forgot this was Wilbur, not Archie, and so used Archie's girlfriend Betty Cooper's name instead of Linda's. Wilbur could get himself in a lot of trouble asking for Betty - with Linda, and with Archie if he finds out Wilbur is trying to beat his time :lol: ! I wonder if a lot of readers noticed the mistake and wrote to the editor?

Finally, here's this week's update:

Rivals of Humorama: In another cartoon that reminds me of one from Humorama, a driver signals a left turn as a ruse to spank a pretty pedestrian!

Next Week: A young bride, unhappy with her spouse, goes home to mother - and gets a good spanking that convinces her to go back to her husband!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

It sounds like you had some good luck in the April search :D . I'll be looking forward to the Suzie spanking 8-) . I thought the Wilbur strip was interesting and I agree with your conclusion that it's obviously an imitation of Archie :lol: . I loved the glaring error in the names and it makes you wonder if no one was proof reading these :lol: The drawing by Ken Richards is interesting and there's no doubt about what the driver's intentions are.............just ask his wife :lol: . I do have to wonder if he ever got to deliver that sway with his wife watching though. I like her expression and I agree that it was a nice touch to show his expression in the mirror...........an expression that leaves no doubt what his intention is also :lol: . I revisited the Bill Powers drawing and even though it was somewhat awkward, I do like the way he drew the spankee so it's obvious she felt the swat and we can see up her skirt a bit 8-) . I also enjoyed the info that you presented along with the drawing. good updates. Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed
web-ed wrote:The good news is that despite searching only about 1000 Golden Age pages from digital scans (I don't keep count of the pages I search in other ways, but they're important as we'll see below), I found 3 spankings, one of which is excellent: Suzie (of Archie Comics) gets an on-panel, OTK spanking from her father - hooray ! Bishop Berkley found this one at almost the same time as I did, so thanks to him from dropping me a line to let me know. I'm hoping to keep this one under wraps until just after Labor Day, when we'll have a CSR Homecoming Week and once again feature any Archie-stuff I have handy, including of course Suzie getting her bottom warmed!
I look forward to seeing that one.
web-ed wrote:Rivals of Humorama: In another cartoon that reminds me of one from Humorama, a driver signals a left turn as a ruse to spank a pretty pedestrian!
Yeah. I've had to use hand signals when a blinker light wasn't working, but never had a pretty girl to my left that I could swat with my outstretched hand. I suppose if he was in the left lane of a one way street, he'd have a pedestrian to his left.

Interesting Wilbur page you found. Maybe the father should've answered, "How? She's in a whole different comic!" Perhaps the writer submitted works to both publishers and he originally wrote this one as an
Archie story.
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Wonder how many women in real life got their fannies smack by guys using hand signals :twisted: :lol: :lol: this is a good gag only I think the artist should have drawn backgrounds is she walking in the street or side walk :twisted: love her rear view :D although it would have been better if she was bending over fixing her stocking or something :lol: the woman in the car got that don`t you dare look on her face Love it! :lol: GOOD Drawing 8-) !!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/13/2016

Post by web-ed »

Rivals of Humorama: A young bride, unhappy with her spouse, goes home to mother - and gets a good spanking that convinces her to go back to her husband!

Next Week: School's almost out at this time of year, so there's just time for one more scene of school spanking!

OTK fans will be happy that next week's update finally does feature a M/F spanking with actual OTK positioning! :D And so will the rest of the Rivals of Humorama series, when it resumes in the fall. Why the interruption? Because in two weeks, Super-Spanking Summer begins! :D (Assuming I can find the time to finish coding it :lol: ).
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Her mother probably decided that 20 odd years of cooking, washing and picking up for her daughter was long enough and from now on she could learn to live with a man to look after.

If she's real smart she'll give her son in law a good solid hairbrush so he can take over keeping Flossie in line.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

Although I'm not a fan of F/F spankings or parental spankings (and this one is both!), this cartoon does have a certain appeal. The young bride looks really cute holding the phone receiver in one hand and rubbing her sore bottom with the other! And she has those lines radiating from her backside that indicate that she's still feeling the sting of Mom's hairbrush.

AND I completely agree with WillJohn that Mom should pass the hairbrush to her son-in-law.
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! GREAT 8-) !! Drawing GREAT gag 8-) but I think I saw this some years back in a Spanking magazine maybe Nugget :? is there a color scan of this drawing :?: anyway love how the young bride is rubbing her burning rear! as her mother sit holding the hairbrush :lol: the pain line show the spanking hurts! wait!!! there was a drawing something like this maybe a comic where the wife was holding her stinging bottom and begging her husband to take her back on the phone while her mother stood by smiling hold a hairbrush :lol: ! GOOD artwork by Reamer Keller! GREAT find WED-ED 8-) THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I thought the info you presented with this week's update was interesting and I have to agree with you about Keller's style. It's adequate but doesn't have the erotic appeal of many of the humorama artists. Of course, if you're goal is to crank out as many drawings as possible to make a living, this would certainly be a time saver. I like the idea behind this one and of course, I'm always up for seeing a freshly spanked young lady rubbing her bottom :lol: . Drawings style aside, I still got a chuckle from the obvious look of satisfaction on mom's face :lol: . I liked it :D . Good update! Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 05/13/2016

Post by web-ed »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:HI WEB-ED CSR!!! GREAT 8-) !! Drawing GREAT gag 8-) but I think I saw this some years back in a Spanking magazine maybe Nugget :? is there a color scan of this drawing :?:

I don't have a color scan of this drawing, Butch, and from its appearance (and Keller's methods) it was almost certainly black & white from the beginning. Of course, someone could have colored it along the way (in the files I have a few colored versions of some Humorama cartoons we'll be seeing some day), and if I ever spot such a version, I'll be sure to post it on the page.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/20/2016

Post by web-ed »

Rivals of Humorama: School's almost out at this time of year, so there's just time for one more school spanking!

Next Week: Super-Spanking Summer begins, as Zatanna spanks Raven and Robin spanks Batgirl! As for Rivals of Humorama, fear not! It will return in the fall.

O.K., just a few more words about both these series. Rivals of Humorama features this week the first true M/F OTK spanking of the series so far, but I have 7 more in the files, and all of them are also M/F OTK. We will resume the series in the fall after Super-Spanking Summer and Homecoming Week, and it will conclude with the earliest known secretary spanking! :D

As for Super-Spanking Summer, this has become an annual feature at CSR (I think this is its 6th year) and I believe most readers are on board with the idea of super-heroines and super-villainesses getting spanked with perhaps one caveat: we're always plagued by a superabundance of F/F works and not enough M/F drawings. As I've explained in the past, this is largely due to the proclivities of the artists involved, who seem to prefer this orientation. Not much I can do about that except commission some new M/F spankings, which despite having almost no money I managed to do! I ordered two commissions, one of which we'll see next week: Robin Spanks Batgirl, by Zani - just to get us off to a good start :D .
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

This is actually a pretty good looking spanking drawing. We have a nice looking spankee with a spankable bottom and a surprised look on her face :D As you noted, the OTK position is a bit off since she seems to be on his lap at a strange angle but this is still the best we've seen from the "Rivals of Humorama" series. I'm assuming that the spankee is wearing a skirt and if that's the case, Kimbrell could have done a better job of showing her raised skirt.......although I suppose no one's looking at that anyway :lol: . I enjoyed the info about Kimbrell and also your speculation as to just where this might have come from. I thought someone did a nice job on the animation as there is lots of motion, including her bottom :D . I'll be looking forward to Super Spanking Summer as well as returning to this series later on :D . Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed. Great update this week!
web-ed wrote:Rivals of Humorama: School's almost out at this time of year, so there's just time for one more school spanking!
There's a lot to like about this one, especially that it's M/F and OTK! :D :D :D :D The girl is attractive. She looks young but not underage... like maybe a high school senior or a college student. Overbarrel already commented on the skirt she's (sort of) wearing. I think that's supposed to be a very short very tight miniskirt pulled up... and then her panties are pulled down to a little below mid-thigh, to expose a nicely-rounded backside! The artist didn't draw any reddening... so I guess that means the spanking has just started.

The teacher looks a bit young himself. Maybe it's his first year teaching, and maybe he was a bit of a nerd when he was a student... and most likely, he wouldn't have had a chance with one of the popular girls when he was a student... so then, it might just be that he's taking out a little frustration on this girl.
butch46163@yahoo.com

YES!! FINALLY a over the knee spanking drawing :D :D :D :D :D the otk is Great with spankee panty pulled down to her thighs :lol: she looks to be a High School Cheerleader judging by her short skirt and sweater :lol: she is very pretty with a nice plump rear and big breasts! her facial expression seem to be more shock than pain :lol: even though the professor is spanking hard! also like the legs kicking action! the animated version is GREAT 8-) the professor looks like Shaggy from Scooby Doo Hot! Hot! Hot! Drawing 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/27/2016

Post by web-ed »

Hot weather is hitting Chicago, and that means it's time for Super-Spanking Summer! I've been too busy to work much ahead, but I believe I have enough examples of Superheroines and Super-villainesses getting spanked to take us through Labor Day at two updates per week :) .

This week we begin two mini-series with Next Week: Super-Spanking Summer continues, as Raven spanks Zatanna and Batgirl spanks Lois Griffin, of all people.
We'll also have the monthly Spanking Search Report and perhaps I'll have had enough sleep to write coherently about what we'll be seeing the rest of the summer. :)

P.S. Dan's been having more troubles getting on to the board, which is why we haven't heard from him in a while. I'm working on it now.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

All I can say looking at Batgirl's well spanked derriere' is "Boy! Is that ever red?!"