Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

Before I get to my comments about this week's drawing, let me just say that I particularly enjoyed your analysis :D . I guess if Jones had one outstanding quality, it's that he knew a good idea when he saw one :lol: . I also liked your comparison between Humorama and TV girls and gags :D . Jones gives us a nice looking spankee and a good OTK position. You commented that he couldn't match Wenzel for technique and I have to agree with you. One thing that struck me was the differences in the expressions of the spankees in the 2 drawings. Wenzel did a much better job of showing the surprise on his spankee's face. The other comment I have is about his use of the wrong hand by the spanker. In this case, I think it's just terrible :o . The spanking hand is so far out of position that it really doesn't even look like a spanking. It looks more like he is patting her back trying to dislodge something she is choking on :? . It seems to me that part of this problem comes from the fact that the spankee is positioned up so high that it would have been difficult for him to have even landed his hand on her bottom. I wonder if this isn't some sort of a problem with the proportions of the spanker and perhaps Boom or Dan can give us some insight into this. The way it is, her bottom is up almost to his nipples and that just can't be right. If you look at the Wenzel drawing, however, while the spankee's bottom is up nice and high, her whole body is lower and closer to his belt. If Wenzel had drawn this spanker using the wrong hand, it would still have been possible for him to have swatted her bottom. Anyway, this is a good update so thanks for all the information and analysis and thanks to Dan for originally posting it :D . Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! Glad to see The Halloween Art 8-) also Love that there some new one even though Larry Malone drawing is non spanking it still good and funny :twisted: don`t think the Witch doing the switching would switch place :? she have that Dom look :twisted: :lol: would been nice to see her panty :D GREAT FINE DAN RIVERA 8-) for this Secretary Spanking it might not be as good as Wenzel drawing but it still a GREAT SPANKING 8-) the otk is good too bad Mr. Jones didn`t do a good job on making the secretary`s bottom more rounder :x her facial expression is good she not liking this :lol: also the Boss is using the wrong hand! anyway like I said this is a GREAT DRAWING from Mr. Jones ! should have made her count off the birthday spanks :lol: :lol: :twisted:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi Web-Ed

It looks like you got in three new updates since the last time I commented.

Regarding the 10/07 one: I liked everything about that cartoon except the woman's badly-misshapen backside! What was the artist thinking? :? :? :? :? I love the look on his face and her face... It looks like he's having a great time, and she's questioning whether a spanking is REALLY supposed to be part of her treatment. My theory about the odd butt is that Mr. Troop wasn't really into spanking cartoons and the publisher requested one from him... I bet no one ever asked him to do another spanking cartoon again!

Regarding the 10/14 one: That's much better! The woman has the kind of butt that might even tempt a non-spanko! Like the one from the previous week, the shrink is clearly loving his job... and lo and behold! She seems to be enjoying her "treatment" almost as much as he enjoys "treating" her! Maybe she realizes that a good spanking was just what she needed all along! French Fun? Hmmm! I'm not so sure about the "French" part, but it sure looks like FUN! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regarding the 10/21 one: It's nice to see that one again! I remember when Dan posted it on the forum... and now, you've tracked down where it originally came from... AND demonstrated the cartoon's similarity to one by Bill Wenzel! That's great! I enjoy getting your historical perspective on these cartoons.

Maybe someday, I'll try doing a correction on this one so that he's using his right... uh... PROPER hand... (which, of course would be his left, considering which way the lady is facing!)

Thanks for all of your time and diligence with these cartoons!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Here are some recent cartoons with some changes that I would call improvements... First, there's Troop's psychiatrist cartoon with a round bottom on the "patient"
troop 2.jpg
troop 2.jpg (210.86 KiB) Viewed 2701 times
And then there's Jones's birthday spanking with him using his... PROPER hand... and her dress is raised too.
jones 2.jpg
jones 2.jpg (151.61 KiB) Viewed 2701 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Here are some recent cartoons with some changes that I would call improvements... First, there's Troop's psychiatrist cartoon with a round bottom on the "patient"
Hi Boom,

I too would call your changes improvements :D . The young lady's bottom on the drawing by Troop was truly disturbing and your version is a relief from the original :D . The drawing by Jones really didn't look like a spanking to me because It didn't look like he could have landed his hand on her bottom. Not only have you solved that problem but you've also raised her dress which really increases the erotic appeal of what is now clearly a spanking 8-) . Great job on these! Thanks for taking time to do these for us :D . Phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks b00m, for your work on improving these toons. I am especially pleased with your iteration of the second toon, for you have redrawn it so that now, at last, the Harry Jones picture has the man spanking Birthday Girl with the correct hand.

Miss Cooley already had her skirt raised -- a bit -- but you have completed the necessary "lift" by raising it even higher, to expose her panties. Very nice job.

Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:Hi web-ed,

Before I get to my comments about this week's drawing, let me just say that I particularly enjoyed your analysis :D . I guess if Jones had one outstanding quality, it's that he knew a good idea when he saw one :lol: . I also liked your comparison between Humorama and TV girls and gags :D . ... Anyway, this is a good update so thanks for all the information and analysis and thanks to Dan for originally posting it :D . Phil
hugob00m wrote:...Regarding the 10/21 one: It's nice to see that one again! I remember when Dan posted it on the forum... and now, you've tracked down where it originally came from... AND demonstrated the cartoon's similarity to one by Bill Wenzel! That's great! I enjoy getting your historical perspective on these cartoons.

Maybe someday, I'll try doing a correction on this one so that he's using his right... uh... PROPER hand... (which, of course would be his left, considering which way the lady is facing!)

Thanks for all of your time and diligence with these cartoons!
You're most welcome, Phil and B00m, and I appreciate your kind comments. :D And B00m, thanks for the effort in making what I think all of us agree are definite improvements in the original cartoons. I will add them to the appropriate pages as soon as I can.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/28/2016

Post by web-ed »

We're in the home stretch now with Rivals of Humorama, so I've had to think about what to do after it concludes next week - probably an update to an existing page with some new scans. As for this week:

Rivals of Humorama continues with another secretary spanking cartoon, this one from Louis Priscilla.

Priscilla was a prolific contributor to a number of magazines going back at least to the 1940's if not earlier. As I note on the page, it is a mystery why he, like George Troop and Felix Andrews, never did any spanking cartoons for Humorama when they were contributing there and Abe Goodman obviously loved the genre but then drew spankings for other, presumably less enthusiastic, venues. I don't suppose we'll ever know, but at least we can rejoice when we find their "spankers" anywhere :) .

Next Week: Rivals of Humorama concludes with the earliest known secretary spanking! Unlike Dan's cartoon that we saw last week, but like the Priscilla one this week, it has never been seen before on the 'net and as far as I know I am its discoverer. Its position as the first Secretary Spanking, displacing Bill Wenzel's effort from July 1955, certainly makes it of some interest, as does its rather surprising authorship, so you won't want to miss it. See you then! :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I definitely like this week's drawing :D We've often complained about the OTK position in these spanking drawings but I certainly don't find any fault with this one. Her head is down and her bottom is up and right over his thigh, where it should be :D . I also like the position of her arms and legs, which indicate that she is startled to suddenly find herself in this position 8-) . Priscilla gives us a well drawn, nice looking spankee, in the proper position and with the spanker actually using the correct hand with which to spank his naughty secretary :D ..............then he proceeds to suck out every last bit of eroticism :o . The spanker's expression is one with no joy at getting to spank her.....just a matter of fact look that she needs to be spanked and it's just another mundane part of his job???? Her expression is one of irritation and shock and as you already mentioned, the gag is terrible. The drawing is so good and with just a few modifications could have been really erotic. As always, I really enjoyed all the information you have provided us along with this fine drawing. It's a great find for you and another CSR first :D . Thanks, Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

I'm not a fan of workplace spanking fiction print or picture but this illustration (Secretary spanking A4) is outstanding anyway you look at it. But the caption is more of a statement than a punchline. Makes one wonder if this publication had any discerning editing- probably not. Off the top of my head it could have been "Mr. Carp when I said you'll never let this company hit bottom it wasn't a challenge." "Mr. Carp, getting your wife her birthday gift from you is one thing but getting her birthday spanking from you is quite another." "Perhaps we could look into a different way of testing the strength of our new line of panties." "Having an hour glass figure didn't help Miss Timbers get to work on time ."
Anyway I was wondering what the caption is for the girl in the rain drawing below the drawing in question? Just wondering if he was capable of coming up with a funny line.
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR 8-) SUPER!" DRAWING from Louis Priscilla 8-) :D :D :D think the gag is Nice :twisted: being this pretty young woman don`t know that some men like spanking women and will use any excuse to get them over their knees :lol: sure he can fire her but what fun is that :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: anyway the otk position is excellence 8-) notice how her top half is low while he`s arching her bottom up high with his leg :D 8-) also like her facial expression and shapely legs she not liking this plus this boss has a very stern fatherly look on his face not sleazy like in other drawing! and he spanking her on the seat of her dress ! maybe because she a very young woman! question did this artist Louis Priscilla once work for Marvel X-men?? thought I seen his name :?:
jimc

Post by jimc »

I really also enjoy this spanking scene. I really can do without the caption, but I really do think it is an excellent spanking for all the reasons that butch says and more. In many ways I cannot imagine that it was drawn to be in a men's magazine unless it was supposed to be part of some story as she is fully clothed and most men's cartoons would show undressed to a degree and it was really well drawn like a commission other than something that could be drawn quickly> I have no art experience, but their proportions seem different than that of a normal Humorama pose and that also makes it seem like a spanking was called for quickly other than firing her (whatever the reason I loved their expressions and positioning. Thanks for posting these great finds. Have a great day.
Jim
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, web-ed.

I liked your latest update. Louis Priscilla seems to represent a more "innocent" outlook on office spankings. The man isn't leering, and the woman's dress has not been raised.

However, the fact that the woman is quite attractive, and her dress seems to be made of a lightweight material gives the spanking a subtle erotic appeal for those of us who are into that kind of thing!

I remember looking up Louis Priscilla and not finding any other spankings he ever drew... but here is one that... sort of... hints at the possibility that the man might've gotten interrupted in the middle of spanking the young lady... Or is that just my imagination?
priscilla 2a.jpg
priscilla 2a.jpg (97.07 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
Does anyone else interpret the placement of her hands and the smug look on her face the way I do?
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Does anyone else interpret the placement of her hands and the smug look on her face the way I do?
Hi Boom,

It's certainly a possibility :D . From the look on her face, I would conclude that she has a secret of some sort 8-) .......and the placement of her hands does suggest that secret might just be behind her :lol: . It's a nice drawing in any case. Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 10/28/2016

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, web-ed.

I liked your latest update. Louis Priscilla seems to represent a more "innocent" outlook on office spankings. The man isn't leering, and the woman's dress has not been raised.

However, the fact that the woman is quite attractive, and her dress seems to be made of a lightweight material gives the spanking a subtle erotic appeal for those of us who are into that kind of thing!

I remember looking up Louis Priscilla and not finding any other spankings he ever drew... but here is one that... sort of... hints at the possibility that the man might've gotten interrupted in the middle of spanking the young lady... Or is that just my imagination?

Does anyone else interpret the placement of her hands and the smug look on her face the way I do?
This is an excellent find, b00m! As to her just having been spanked, it's a great fantasy, but I think probably not Priscilla's intention. I suspect she's putting on her "Little Miss Innocent" look because the boss's missus has discovered there's some (probably minor) hanky-panky going on. In my experience, a good spanking tends to wipe any smug expression off the spankee's face rather than putting one on :lol: , although a non-smug expression of deep satisfaction might certainly appear there (see the "Prince Valiant Spanks Aleta" scene for a prime example). If you removed the missus from this cartoon, then I would take her expression for satisfaction and think this was an after-the-spanking scene.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/04/2016

Post by web-ed »

This week: Rivals of Humorama reaches its cataclysmic conclusion with the first known secretary spanking cartoon!

I was quite surprised when I discovered this two or three years ago. I had grown accustomed to the idea of Bill Wenzel's cartoon in the July 1955 Comedy as being the first Secretary Spanking (it's still Humorama's first OTK M/F spanking), and finding a slightly earlier one in a non-Humorama publication was rather unexpected. Obviously I continue to search the 1953-1955 period when I can to see if anything else turns up. Materials before that time are much scarcer for some reason, possibly because the digests were becoming more popular by 1953 and so more copies have survived. So far, it seems like cartoonists were moving closer to actual spanking (like the two "fresh fish" quasi-spanking cartoons we've seen) but that no one took the actual plunge and showed a secretary in her proper place OTK until the magic year of 1955 :lol: .

Next Week: We'll see some new versions of a Humorama cartoon and talk about what we're going to do for the rest of the year - if we've managed to figure it out by then! :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

I see that Harley drew in a less erotic, more cartoony style than did many of the Humorama artists and he wasn't big on details. Still, this is a good spanking drawing and certainly adequate to get the idea across to the readers :D . Good OTK position, spanker using the correct hand, dress raised and the seat of our spankee's sticking up 8-) . I also like the startled expression on her face, which goes nicely with her body position. Even if his style wasn't as advanced as some of the Humorama artists, I think he certainly shows more understand of giving a good looking young lady a spanking than many of them........right up to the happy expression on the spanker's face :D I have to wonder if he didn't enjoy spanking a female bottom from time to time 8-) . This is a great find and another web-ed first for CSR :D :D . Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! GREAT FIND!!!'''' THE FIRST KNOWN SECRETARY SPANKING CARTOON 8-) 8-) :D :D the gag shows that the boss is a spanko and found the perfect excuse to get this pretty young woman over his knee :twisted: :lol: :lol: no wonder why he have that excited look on his face :lol: :lol: also like the shock look on the secretary`s face :lol: the otk is GOOD with the spankee`s bottom just right :D BIG THUMBS UP 8-) 8-) GREAT DRAWING !! love to read stories from real secretaries from back in the day talk and spanking they got from their bosses :!: :!: :!: :!: THANKS!
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

I love the new cartoon with "Miss Nolan" being spanked for showing up for work "ten minutes late!"

True, it's only a modest line drawing with no color and no shading. Also, the girl's legs are much too short. But wow, what audacity! What a great attitude! And the artist (Harley?) knows just how to draw an OTK spanking. Her fanny is positioned directly over the spanker's right leg, as it should be; her back is arched and her butt slightly elevated, ready to receive those swats; and the girl's facial expression shows us that Miss Nolan is shocked and surprised at her sudden and unexpected dilemma... what else do you really need, in a good OTK toon?

Yes, her legs are too short as drawn here. But with all these other assets going for it, this toon is wicked and wonderful!

Cheers,
Dan
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Wow! You really dug deep to find that one! The earliest known secretary spanking in a mens' humor magazine!

And... not only is it historically significant... it's also a very nice drawing! Yes, it's cartoony, and yes, as Dan pointed out, the woman's legs are too short for the rest of her.. but I still like it! I like the startled look on her face, the amused look on his face, and most of all, I like that the artist made the lady's backside round and appealing! He even added a few little scribbly lines to indicate lace trim on her panties!

I admire your perseverance in searching for these cartoons. Gems like this aren't as easy to find anymore... but it's nice to see that sometimes they're still there!