Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: A Disciple

Post by web-ed »

jimc wrote:Funny that you mentioned a younger disciple to take over when you retire as that is what got you thinking about the database and other things as we were afraid that the old timers (ahem ) would lose their collections and all that spanko history would be lost. So I hope that you do start looking for that disciple that can code; fix our computer problems and of course be on the lookout for the other spanking finds that you have looked for and found to share with the rest of us grateful spankos.
Jim
Not only could a disciple take over for me when I retire, Jim, but more importantly, he could take over should something happen to me unexpectedly. It was only 4 years ago that I was trying to save the Artastic Forum (CSR newcomers can follow the link if they want to know the history) when, as I'm sure you remember, Jon became seriously ill and then passed away. Both the parent site, Underground-Animations.com, and the Artastic Forum were then on autopilot because Jon had no "disciple" or assistant, and because I could not crack his password, I ultimately had to give up on moving AF over here, where I have plenty of spare data bases (it still would have been a difficult conversion). Eventually, because no one was authorized to pay the bills (a friend of Jon's was willing to do so), the host took the site down and AF was lost forever.

Obviously we don't want to see the same thing happen to CSR. Fortunately, I'm in good health and don't seem likely to depart this mortal vale too suddenly. But when things settle down a little, I will probably throw an ad out here looking for a young person with a strong interest in spanking and at least average technical skills to become my disciple. One good thing is that CSR is not expensive to run - if it were, I couldn't do it! - but there is some time involved, and both this board and the two data bases I created, Comic Spankings and Humorama Spanking Cartoons, require some skill to update and maintain. The other pages on the main site are quite simple, and I could teach anyone how to code them. :geek:
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

September Search Report

Post by web-ed »

I usually just integrate the monthly search report into the post here accompanying the first update of the month, but I think it may be best to separate them into two posts due to length this time around. Here then is the September Report:

Pages searched: 1718
Total: 514916
Comic Spankings: 1

Only one scene, and it's a bad one: 1. Ernie #22 (Ace Magazines, September 1948) M/M Paddle bending over. Some kind of initiation – test of the brave. From the Orville strip.

There are some Golden Age romance comics I didn't get to, so let's keep our fingers crossed in October.

Meanwhile, the Humorama Search continues to progress despite great difficulties. There are now only about 40 digests left from the prime era of 1956-1960 and that's what I'm concentrating on. Of course we also need more information about Humorama's late and early periods, but the 1956-60 years are when the vast majority of Humorama's spanking cartoons first appeared. No new cartoons discovered this month, but I was finally able to settle the question of whether "Mr. Burbank's Home Remedy" was Humorama or not - it is ;) . Previously all we had was a photostat and it could have come from some other magazine. Here it is:

Originally published in the Sept. 1960 issue of Jest.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

the September search was indeed disappointing and i will be keeping my fingers crossed for October. thanks for the new information on "Mr. Burbanks Home Remedy". i'll also be keeping my fingers crossed, hoping you'll still run onto more Humorama spankers :D . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/02/2015

Post by web-ed »

It's the start of Homecoming Month here on CSR. Now, Homecoming appears to have originated among colleges, but it quickly spread to high schools as well, and the one we're going back to is Riverdale High, home of the Archie gang!

Homecoming Month is here :D ! All five October updates will feature the Archie gang, and before going any further I want to thank Robin, without whom this month would not be possible. Long-time readers may remember that it was Robin who supplied me with most of the comics for the actual published spankings involving the Archie gang, and he has come through again with numerous digests and some examples from the internet. I believe I may have found some of the Suzie stuff (I forgot to note everything but just put it in the Archie File), and I am responsible for the works by independent artists we'll be seeing, but basically, what you'll be seeing this month is due to him.

I'm very enthusiastic about doing Homecoming Month, but let me admit one thing at the outset: there isn't as much M/F material as I would like. It's the same problem we always have with Super-Spanking Summer - too many artists prefer F/F for some reason. So we have two "Betty Spanks Veronica," a Veronica self-spanking (sort of), and Katy Keene spanking some other girl in fencing class with her epee. But M/F fans should not despair: we'll also see Archie spanking Betty, Mr. Weatherbee spanking Betty, and finally from an actual comic book, Archie giving Veronica one whack (it's the old fly-swatting gag, but we'll take it, and so will Veronica - on her bikini, too! :lol: ). And we've got three special features which should be fun, beginning with this week's "Pratfalls".

For links please go to the Home Page, http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/ho ... _page.html
  • First, a bit of unpleasantness to get out of the way: while searching for good spankings, I chanced across a F/M scene featuring two of the Archie gang (independent art). I've decided I'm not generally even going to link to this stuff anymore, but I did put it out there for F/M fans - just go to the bottom of Comics Gallery 1 and you will see the linked thumbnail image there.
  • More interesting are these Pratfalls featuring Betty, Veronica, and Suzie - not actual spankings, alas, but some nice scenes nonetheless. They're posted here on the forum rather than the main site.
  • The normally-submissive Betty gives Veronica a paddling she won't soon forget!
Next Week: We revisit a classic Betty-spanking from an actual comic, now identified, and look at some new scans in full color! Plus: we come close to spankings with some examples of The Behind in Jeopardy featuring the female members of the Archie gang. You won't want to miss it! :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

the drawing of Betty paddling Veronica is an interesting one. it's a nice drawing of the 2 girls. the artist has given us 2 nice looking, well proportioned young ladies :D . Veronica's bottom looks nicely spanked too. Betty looks very happy about paddling her friend while Veronica looks pretty apprehensive about the whole thing............and considering the......ah......er......device Betty is wearing, perhaps she should be apprehensive :lol: . it's a shame we don't know who the artist is but whoever it is, he/she has a sense of humor as evidenced by the expressions of Archie and jughead who appear to be watching from the pictures hanging on the wall :lol: . all in all, a well drawn spanking scene with lots of nice details :D . after reading the synopsis of the upcoming events, i will be looking forward to the rest of Homecoming Month :D . i will reply to the pratfalls at the comic book and superhero spanking forum. good updates :D . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hi Web-ed: You wrote that there are not as many M/F spanking toons at large as we would like. Yes, I agree. That has always been the source of great frustration among those of us who grew up loving those great, OTK spanking scenes we have treasured from movies and comic strips, where a male character puts a deserving female over his knee and delivers a sound spanking.

There are many, MANY scenes of a female spanking another female (F/F), and while the spanking may be merited and the girls hot, these toons don't move me the way an M/F toon does. I have collected, literally, HUNDREDS of spanking pics (toons and photos), and I have only ONE F/F picture in my treasury: That is the beautiful painting of Wonder Woman being spanked by her mother, Queen Hippolyta. It is such a gorgeous picture, I think it transcends this little question of F/F, M/F or other categories. Apparently it was created by artist Andy Price as a realistic art project, and so it is. This painting is so beautiful that, in a sane world, it would occupy pride of place on the wall of a prestigious art gallery.

Cheers,
Dan
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Betty Cooper Paddle Veronica :lol: this is a Good drawing by An unknown artist both the females looks like Decarlo`s with pictures of Jughead And Archie on the wall to add to the feel! THUMBS UP!! but being this is more on kinky sex play than punishment it doesn`t move me as much ! anyway I like the bent over position Veronica in and her shock facial expression :lol: also her rear is a nice shade on red :lol: don`t like the paddle betty holding it should have been more bigger like the one Veronica use to spank her with :twisted: :lol: being this is a spoof of Betty And Veronica two of my favorite female characters I would have had them take turns spanking each other across the knee with hand hairbrush and paddle to see which one cry out first YOU CAN HAVE ARCHIE :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!! only this is sexual! GOOD Drawing!! Pratt Fall is nice And seeing beautiful women like Suzie Betty and Veronica falling on their plump rears is Hot! but nothing beats :lol: seeing them spanked or having sat on a cactus tack or swatted while bending over is a GREAT Turn on for me :D 8-) NICE FIND 8-) THANKS!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 10/02/2015

Post by web-ed »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote: Pratt Fall is nice And seeing beautiful women like Suzie Betty and Veronica falling on their plump rears is Hot! but nothing beats :lol: seeing them spanked or having sat on a cactus tack or swatted while bending over is a GREAT Turn on for me :D 8-) NICE FIND 8-) THANKS!!
You'll be glad to know, Butch, that next week we'll feature "The Behind in Jeopardy" and we'll see Veronica sit on a pincushion while Suzie sits on a cactus and a toy boat - ouch! :)
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

Always enjoy the girls of Riverdale High getting spanked as there were actually only 3 alternate images had to be found. I have always wanted Veronica to get spanked and there was two or three that DSD did for Humorama that you tell that Veronica was indeed the model and did get spanked. Betty was great, but I really think that the only one of Betty getting spanked in the comic books was not really that great. As it was f/f I am sure most of the purists do not like it either. I really enjoyed the one of Miss Grundy having Betty otk and paddling her as I thought that was one of the best alternate images around. I would have loved to see all the girls of Riverdale spanked as there are quite a few that come to mind. Cheryl Blossom, Sabrina, the Pussycats esp. Melody, Pepper, Nancy, Midge, Maria and of course the big three Betty, Veronica and Josie. Although those three were spanked or at least 2 of them were although they all did have pratfalls (or pain stars around their bottoms many times like Dan said there were only seen spankings twice. So thanks for Homecoming at Riverdale High and may their numbers multiply as you find other Homecoming material. My idea would be to have a Sadie Hawkins Day where they are dressed in Daisy Mae shorts or well filled out potato sack dresses and there is mass spankings as there were hillbilly spankings in Humorama and other media as well. Have a great day.
Jim
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I have such mixed feelings about this newest post. As I've said so many times, I'm just not a fan of F/F spankings... and in this one, Betty is wearing a strap-on! (Ugh!)

On the other hand, the girls are drawn so well and look so pretty! And poor Veronica's bottom is getting so RED! Wow! I sure wish that same artist (whoever he or she is) would draw those two girls in an M/F situation! Wouldn't it be fun to see them spanked by members of the Riverdale High football team for pulling some kind of practical joke that ended up sabotaging the big game?

Thanks for finding this one... and for all your hard work on this site!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 10/02/2015

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:I have such mixed feelings about this newest post. As I've said so many times, I'm just not a fan of F/F spankings... and in this one, Betty is wearing a strap-on! (Ugh!)

On the other hand, the girls are drawn so well and look so pretty! And poor Veronica's bottom is getting so RED! Wow! I sure wish that same artist (whoever he or she is) would draw those two girls in an M/F situation! Wouldn't it be fun to see them spanked by members of the Riverdale High football team for pulling some kind of practical joke that ended up sabotaging the big game?

Thanks for finding this one... and for all your hard work on this site!
You're welcome, B00m! And you'll be glad to know that we'll have four M/F spankings to go along with three more F/F ones, the first of which will be next week as Archie spanks Betty! I couldn't fit one in last week as there will be 5 updates in October and I'm reserving two of them for the grand finale.

And for JimC: It turns out there was a fourth spanking for Veronica in the comics (counting the off-panel "Wah!" one), even though it's only the old "Swat the fly (behind)" gag - we'll take it! Archie's hand does whack Veronica's bottom, so it counts! Watch for it in three weeks. :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/09/2015

Post by web-ed »

There are some spankings from actual Archie comics that I won't be presenting, so I wanted to at least mention them and put them in the Data Base this week, but then I found I had some other things that had to be cleared away first. It's a motley assemblage, but here it is:

1. Hedy of Hollywood #43 (Red Circle, July 1951) – M/M man/boy hairbrush, unconfirmed.
2. JM & M (Rebirth Comics, 2011) – M/F, hand, bending over. Assistant/Model. Darwin Nunez a/k/a DarkerEve
3. Unknown – F/M, Hand, OTK. Alvin the bully spanked by some girl.
4. Blondie (King Features Syndicate, Feb 1949 exact date unknown) M/M, Dagwood/Boss, improvised paddle, bending over. Dagwood doesn’t recognize his boss as he bends over the filing cabinet, whacks him with rolled-up blueprints. Sunday color strip.

Only #2 is M/F, and I decided that I didn't like the scene too much: a photographer's assistant whacks a model. This does seem to have been published - whether in print on on the internet I can't say - but the positioning isn't very appealing. Anyone who wants to see it can send me a PM.

For links to this week's updates, please see the Home Page: http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/ho ... st_updates
  • Homecoming Month featuring the Archie gang continues: we revisit a spirit-possessed Betty getting spanked by her spirit-mother having now identified the source. New color scans!
  • Special Features here on the CSR Forum. This week: Behind in Jeopardy!
Next Week: A new Archie spanks Betty drawing, plus we come close to spankings with some examples of the near-misses we call Missed Opportunities. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

well, i enjoyed seeing Betty spanked by her mother :D ............even if it wasn't actually Betty and her mother :lol: . who am i to turn down a drawing of a spankable girl getting an OTK spanking 8-) . i might add that this looked like a damn good spanking from her highly irate mother :D . i also liked the after spanking pic of a confused Betty rubbing her sore bottom :lol: . i'm glad you were able to finally get the details on this one too. that always makes it more interesting. now i'm going to check out the "behinds in jeopardy" :D . thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Now that how you drive out an evil spirit mainly a beautiful young female one :twisted: :lol: too bad that young spirit didn`t jump out of Betty durning the spanking rubbing her behind :twisted: :lol: :lol: comics in the Silver age was weird :twisted: :shock: The otk was SUPER!!!! GREAT SPANKING FROM ARCHIE COMIC 8-) BIG THUMBS UP for a cactus stuck to pretty woman`s bottom if only she was over a knee having them pull out :lol: although not a spanking seeing a very shapely Veronica sat on a bunch of needles and later rubbing her cute rear is a thing of beauty :D !!!!!! HOT! HOT! HOT! THANKS 8-) !!
jimc

Post by jimc »

I do remember the fly one, but I did not think it was as good as the actual spanking ones so I still stick with there only being 2 in my Archie memories and although I love the Veronica WAH one it had a lot to do with the panel before where Archie grabs the running boy and demands to know who was getting spanked and when he said Veronica it just was very exciting as when I saw this one it was the second Veronica spanking reference that I saw. I did not see the actual spanking one until later and I had done many of the composite drawings with Betty and Veronica on tracing paper by then and was glad that there was an actual Veronica spanking that now existed. I think that there were many pratfalls as I do remember quite a few of the pain stars around their bottoms and thought it would be so much better if they had been otk. I was also looking at Dan's earlier post about his files of m/f spankings and was remembering my collecting days and it seemed that there were more f/f ones (Betty Page; Irving Klaw; Corporal; Janus, Nu-West and there did seem to be some Parliment books that just had f/f) and while m/f was my preference the stores that I went to seemed to have more of that f/f rather than m/f and I took what I could get my hands on. When web-ed and I were 1st discussing the spanking in comics he was not aware of some of them and now the data base holds quite a trove of forgotten spankings so it might help to show more of your m/f files as I am sure that we would enjoy them. Thanks and have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/16/2015

Post by web-ed »

Homecoming Month featuring the Archie gang continues!

O.K., I've been working for several hours straight on this stuff and I've a lot of ground to cover, but I'll try not to forget anything. First, I've updated the Comics Spanking Data Base with five Archie spankings I won't be posting. They are:

1. Jughead spanks girl (details unknown) – M/F, OTK, Hand, Jughead/Girl. Betty & Veronica protest “Don’t you know anything about child psychology?” Discovered by Robin
2. Laugh Comics Digest #37 (November 1981, Archie) – M/F, OTK, Hand, Father / Lil Jinx. May have been reprinted from 1 of 3 issues of PEP (q.v., #64 is not possible). Father is saying “Be my guest, Lil Jinx” in the spanking panel. Discovered by Robin.
3. PEP #148 (August 1966, Archie) - M/M, OTK, Hand, Archie / Leroy. Leroy plays record of music for practical jokes. Archie gets fed up, spanks Leroy to “Music to Spank by” as Veronica watches.
4. Suzie #57 (June 1947 Archie) – F/F, OTK, Hand, Suzie/Angela. Spanking of her niece Angela is aborted as psychology book says children shouldn’t be spanked. 1st of 2 this issue (q.v.).
5. Suzie #57 (June 1947 Archie) – M/F, OTK, Book, Man / Angela. Author of psychology book has had enough of Angela’s practical jokes and spanks her. 2nd of 2 this issue (q.v.)

The PEP #48 was a disappointment as I had concluded there was a spanking in it, but when I finally located a hard copy, it was Archie spanking Leroy! :x I was very disappointed it wasn’t one of Archie’s girls.

The Li'l Jinx spanking was certainly a reprint, but while I documented four of these previously(!) I could only locate the actual panel from one of them, so I don't know if it was one of the other three or perhaps there was a fifth one from the old days. It's not of great importance, but I will update the DB when I have more information.

Two at least were M/F, but in both cases the girl was a juvenile. Angela was spanked on at least one other occasion in Suzie comics, and I have some hope that I will eventually find another spanking of Suzie herself. We'll be seeing an after-spanking panel of Ginger, Suzie's backup feature, next week. One thing is clear: spanking was common in the Golden Age Archie line, and it's well worth further research.

I put up the Halloween decorations on the Home Page, including a brand-new one Wolfie just sent me today!

For this week's updates, please go to the Home Page: http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/ho ... _page.html
  • Homecoming Month featuring the Archie gang continues: first, Archie spanks Betty.
  • The third of four special features here on the CSR Forum (since they don't actually show any spankings). This week: Missed Opportunities.
Next Week: A new Archie spanks Veronica drawing, and Veronica gets it a second time in the girls' locker room from Betty - an animated version of classic Julius Zimmerman work! Plus we have some more of those Missed Opportunities we presented this week. Finally, we get into the Halloween spirit with Endart's Frankenstein Spanks! You won't want to miss any of it :) !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i enjoyed reading your recap of spanking in golden age Archie comic books. it does indeed sound like spanking was a consistent theme and hopefully we have just not yet found what we're looking for. it also sounds like the spanking of children was still well accepted during this time but maybe spanking wives and girlfriends was already being thought of as unacceptable. all of this reminds me of my high school girlfriend from 2 different angles.....remembering that we graduated from high school in 1967. 1) she was well spanked by her father starting in childhood and continuing until she was married. this is something we discussed a couple of times briefly and she even admitted to getting paddled with a hairbrush by her dad when she was 17. she viewed it as a normal part of growing up and something to be avoided whenever possible although, she would deliberately do something that she knew would get her a parental spanking if she felt the reward was great enough.

2) although we never actually discussed this part of it, it was obvious to me that she also felt that getting a spanking from me for naughty behavior was a normal part of a romantic relationship. also, while playful spankings for foreplay were fun for both of us, if it went too long between more serious spankings, she would deliberately misbehave in order to get me to give her a real spanking for naughty behavior. she verbally protested these spankings but always submitted and never offered any physical resistance. her reaction to these spankings was, of course, completely different and she would be very submissive and very loving after such a spanking.

anyway, i too originally figured that every man in a romantic relationship spanked his woman as a routine part of the relationship. however, when i tried making general comments to anyone about spanking their girlfriend i got a mixture of responses that told me i was wrong about spanking being generally accepted. when i talked to a close friend and told him that i had spanked this girl, while he did laugh a bit, it was obvious that he was totally shocked and spanking his girl had never even occurred to him. i quickly learned that it was best to just avoid such spanking references. it seems like this time period was a time of change in the attitudes of the general public and probably the decline in the depiction of men spanking women in comic books, movies and books was probably a reflection of this too.

what with Halloween drawing near, i am going to comment on the new Halloween decoration that Wolfie provided us with. i heartily approve of this one :D . i thought it was highly appropriate that the spankee is bending over a jack-o-lantern and also that the jack-o-lantern has a very evil grin on his face :lol: . the jack-o-lantern onlookers look very pleased to be witnessing this too 8-) . the spankee has a nicely spankable bottom and i love the cute panties with the skulls on them as well has her hose :D you mentioned the stripes on her bottom and think they go nicely with her shocked and distressed expression and the stretched position of her fingers 8-) . i too thought that having her arms and legs tide to the brooms was a nice touch and i think this young witch is going to just have to lie there until her spanker decides it's time to stop :D . she might want to keep the struggling to a minimum too as one of her boobs is about to fall out :lol: . i thought your question about whether the switcher and the switchee ever switch to be an intriguing one and i would certainly be willing to check out a drawing depicting such an event if you find one :lol:

the Archie spanks Betty drawing is certainly an interesting idea even if the OTK position is somewhere between odd and impossible :lol: . Mason has given Betty a cute little bottom which is getting red and i like the expression on her face as Archie, having lowered her bikini bottom to her ankles, happily views all of her secrets. :D our girl, Betty, is indeed very submissive as you mentioned.............not only submitting to a spanking but also to being totally exposed to Archie :D . i liked the idea of Betty asking for sunburn lotion for her burning bottom :lol: ...........i do think that do to the sexual nature of this scene, she may be asking for something else along the way too 8-) . good updates this time :D . thanks, phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

I love the Betty Spankings. Jon (UASKETCHER) did have both of these in his Underground Animation site and indeed the Betty one in the awkward position was because he was lowering her panties and then spanking her and it was quite a presentation. I love both Wolfie artists and thank you for including them. I am glad you found the Fastner and Lawson ones as well as those are some great bottoms. Hey Phil I was spanking my girlfriend in 1967 as well, but I was just a freshman then and had just found some of the Humorama ones during a beach trip and was excited to try them out. She did not object at first to being spanked, but later wanted to stop and that is one of the reasons we broke up. It does seem that my girl friends would try spanking, but did not share my passion for it ( my wife has tolerated it, but is really not into it so I get my chance every few years and I enjoy it while she does not so I am faced with two conflicting emotions and enjoy the moment but suffer later.) I love the Halloween series. Have a great day.
Jim
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB ED CSR!!!!! The Archie Spanks Betty drawing is nice but the angle of her over his lap is way off ! the lowering of her panties is hot and Betty do have a really good plump rear :D if only she was position right :twisted: NICE DRAWING! They could be call Missed opportunities but I believe the script where Veronica is taken home by the policeman for writing on the wall resulted to a spanking by her father :lol: too bad there wasn`t a panel showing it :x maybe there could have been a later panel showing her cleaning the wall with a sore bottom :lol: :lol: !! maybe if this was writing in the 50`s there would have been a spanking instead of the mid 60`s when spanking was slowly fading :( specially for women and teenage girls! anyway Betty father panel could be called a spanking threat being he was going to show her what would happen if she went out dressed like that :lol: love the Archie being a man drawing now this is a MISSED OPPORTUNI
TY 8-) NICE FIND WEB-ED!! AS ALWAY The Halloween Drawings Is excellence :D :D 8-) love seeing naughty witches and nurses getting it otk!! 8-)

ty
Wolfie138

Post by Wolfie138 »

thanks for the kind words about the drawings :-)

and yes, Cordy and Torment do switch, though not always consentually :-D You'll know from the Spooks pic that their Hallowe'ens can often result in a nice tan, here's the incident that provoked the Witch revenge.
http://delightful-discipline.com/apples.html

and the full witch story
http://delightful-discipline.com/witch%20switch.htm

cheers :-)