Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by hugob00m »

I really enjoyed the Lancelot strip. I used to read it a bit when it was being published in my hometown newspaper, but somehow, I missed the spanking.

I agree with you about Paul Coker's style not being erotic. His comics tend to convey an innocence that was out of place in the swingin' '70s. However, it's quite refreshing to see those samples of his work today!

The other thing I find refreshing is, after several paternal spankings, we get to see a newlywed couple engaged in spanking activities!

Thanks to Sweetspot for finding it and thanks to you for posting it.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I liked the Lancelot story you presented this week :D . First off, I think there's a universal theme in this story. I would say that any man in a relationship has probably had a situation where his girl wants to talk about something at an inappropriate time and just keeps after it regardless of anything he may already be doing :lol: . These cases are, of course, a bid for attention and in this case, he decided to give her that attention :lol: . As you noted, his characters aren't very erotic but I still like the spanking panel. He has his girl in the proper position, head down and bottom up so I can't have a problem with that 8-) . She has a very unhappy look on her face, presumably because she didn't get the exact kind of attention she wanted. I would personally have thought that a better expression would be one of surprise at this particular brand of attention. I'm not sure what she has to be unhappy about, though? After all, she wanted to take his mind off what he was doing and get his attention and she got it :lol: .

I don't have a lot to say about the Cheetah spanks WW toon. I agree with your comments. It is a superhero spanking but something about this one just doesn't appeal to me. Good updates this week :D . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 06/30/2017

Post by web-ed »

• The Comic Strip Series continues with A sort of quasi-spanking from The Jackson Twins plus a missed opportunity. More fruits of the labors of Sweetspot. I give the whole story behind this one on the page, so I don't think it's necessary to say anything more here except that we still have some hope of finding a birthday spanking or other OTK scene featuring the Twins.
  • Super-Spanking Summer continues as we end the Wonder Woman Series the way we began it, with Doctor Cylon spanking Wonder Woman Julius Zimmerman provided the base material here, and we'll have other Zimmerman/Cylon pairings in the future when I'm able to post some of the Good Doctor's non-superheroine, non-comic-strip material.
Next Week:
  • The Comic Strip Series continues with a most unusual two-part mini-series on Kerry Drake. What's so unusual about it, you ask? Kerry Drake himself doesn't even appear in any of the material we have to show you! If that sounds intriguing, be sure to stop by and see two more mysteries explained by Sweetspot's :ugeek: diligent research.
  • Super-Spanking Summer continues with a modification by CSR Resident Artist Dan Rivera as we begin a new Superman Series! :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I like the story in the Jackson Twins. As far as I am concerned girls who spread gossip with no facts to back them up certainly deserve a good spanking 8-) . Spreading or listening to unverified gossip is one of my pet peeves because I had a girl friend who used to jump to conclusions about me based on gossip told her by her friends who were also jumping to conclusions :x . Of course, I always spanked her for doing that but I had no control over the girls who repeatedly got her in trouble and they deserved a good spanking too. That one swat certainly doesn't qualify as a good spanking, especially since the swat is delivered with a rolled up newspaper. However, her father certainly does have the right idea, he just didn't take it far enough :lol: . Since there's no OTK position, we really don't get a good luck at Jan's bottom. I do think some of the expressions are good though. I like the surprised looks on Jan's face while she's busy jumping to conclusions. I also thought Brooks did a good job of the changing expressions on her father's face. Of course, in the spanking panel, Jill looks quite happy and satisfied that he sister is getting a swat :lol: . Of course, Jan looks almost as happy, which I consider to be proof she needed a more thorough spanking.

In the missed opportunity, I like the look on her face when she realizes just what kind of a switch the note refers to :lol: . Mom looks really dirty and really pissed and it has to be embarrassing for the girls to have their boy friends see their mom standing in the doorway with a switch and realize that their girls are going to get a real spanking 8-) . In some ways, I like this one better than the one with the swat in it.

I pretty much enjoy everything Doc Cylon does and while I like Zimmerman's attitude about the positions he puts his girls in, the boob really are comical. You speculated about just what Zimmerman had in mind for this one and I thought her expression looked rather orgasmic. Of course, that could have been from a spanking but it also could have been from other sexual activities. Since we don't see what's happening at her business end, we can't really tell. Still, the good Doctor seems to know what it should have been :lol: . Good updates :D . I will indeed be looking forward to seeing the mysteries explained by Sweetspot :D . Thanks, Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Those trussed tits of Wonder Woman make her look like she could easily breastfeed quins!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:The Comic Strip Series continues with A sort of quasi-spanking from The Jackson Twins plus a missed opportunity. More fruits of the labors of Sweetspot. I give the whole story behind this one on the page, so I don't think it's necessary to say anything more here except that we still have some hope of finding a birthday spanking or other OTK scene featuring the Twins.
It's too bad the only "spankings" that you or Sweetspot have found are a single swat with a rolled-up newspaper from Daddy and an implied switching from Mother.

web-ed wrote:One example would be "identical" birthday spankings which would take place on the same day. And since twins have often succumbed to the temptation of taking each other's places, another plot would be to have them switch to fool their dates, who then find out about the deception and spank the girls thoroughly!
Now that would've been fun! Maybe combine the two: The boyfriends give the twins their birthday spanks and then trade, just to make sure they get the right one! ;) ;) ;) ;)
web-ed wrote:Super-Spanking Summer continues as we end the Wonder Woman Series the way we began it, with Doctor Cylon spanking Wonder Woman Julius Zimmerman provided the base material here, and we'll have other Zimmerman/Cylon pairings in the future when I'm able to post some of the Good Doctor's non-superheroine, non-comic-strip material.
I'm not usually into bondage, but perhaps the use of Wonder Woman's own rope would be the only way to hold her while she gets her spanking. (I wonder if the rope has one more magical quality that we didn't know about... makings her boobs grow when they're tied up?) A hand is my favorite implement... but a disembodied one? Well... at least it's a male hand! Maybe it's Invisible Boy just making his hand opaque? There's some things I don't exactly like, but I gotta say WW's butt is drawn nice and round... and very red! I sure like that!
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

I WEB-ED CSR!!!!! Looks like Doctor Cylon is getting in on the action of spanking Wonder Woman :twisted: :D 8-) Holy Super Size Breasts she have WEB-ED!! :lol: :lol: :lol: don`t know why she didn`t fell over while bending :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mr. Zimmerman love Giant Breasts :D anyway this is a Good hard spanking for WW and leave it to Doc Cylon to bring the pain to her big bottom with his might hand! :lol: :lol: Wonder Woman`s rear been taking a beating for the last two weeks no Wonder she crying like a baby :lol: :lol: Sizzling spanking drawing! never seen this Strip The Jackson Twins sound like Super hero :lol: :lol: I can see that Jan is the trouble maker of the two and Pop should have did more than swat her on the backside with his paper :lol: Nice though but a spanking would have been better! also wish we could see the switching they are about to get from mom :x that would be something 8-) Good comic Strip! Happy 4th OF July :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

If I had been hanging around CSR back in the day my vote in the Who Needs A Spanking Poll would have gone to the Jackson Twins. But as far as I'm able to tell neither one of them received a genuine spanking [Although a sighting of a discipline spanking disguised as a birthday spanking is still out there] :x . You can't have an action/comedy strip without a lot of misadventure on the part of the protagonists and The Jackson Twins had misadventure a plenty. Dick Brooks once said that if these girls led the actual lives of typical teen girls there wouldn't have been enough material to keep the strip going for very long. To add the needed flavor to keep his strip sustainable for nearly 30 years he placed the older teens in a series of circumstances that would have realistically landed them repeatedly, at worse, in juvenile detention, and at best in the principal's office and over dad's knee. Their parents, just as realistically speaking, would have needed years of psychotherapy to be restored to mental health. Their most oft repeated stunt was the Twin Switch. Over the years Jan and Jill clandestinely exchanged places babysitting, for classes, with their dates, in order for one to escape being grounded and general pranking. But the only time switching lands them in any kind of trouble is when Brooks can work it for an acceptable gag. As the Jackson Twins decades rolled into the '70s and Brooks had his own teenage daughter to use as a model for his twins, he attempted to make the strip more relevant but this was met with resistance by editors and readers alike.

Plot exposition for the strip often took place in Jan and Jill's bedroom with the young women in various stages of undress. I would think that reading The Jackson Twins might have been a not-so guilty pleasure for the teenage boys of the '50s. [April 15, 1954]
JacksonTwinsApril15,1954.jpg
JacksonTwinsApril15,1954.jpg (57.73 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
The twins would sometimes appear in the fashionable swim wear of the day either at the beach or sunbathing in the backyard. This one is for those who asked for a better look at their rears. [July 3, 1953]
JacksonTwinsJuly3,1953.jpg
JacksonTwinsJuly3,1953.jpg (44.48 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
Last edited by Sweetspot on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

As a result of one Twin Switch the girls are grounded for a couple of weeks. But obviously it wouldn't be reader worthy for the twins to spend two weeks worth of comic strip time reading books in their bedroom so Brooks has numerous classmates of Jan and Jill show up below their window - including the glee club and the marching band. The young ladies spend a few days grounded and that's that. It certainly would have been more effective if their father - who the girl's often referred to as "old stone face" (and he knew it) - had put them across his lap and applied the hairbrush where it would have done the most good. [August 31,1955]
JacksonTwinsAugust31,1955.jpg
JacksonTwinsAugust31,1955.jpg (43.39 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
It's clear that this time Jan and Jill are actually going to get a first-class over the knee spanking from their father as soon as he gets out of the garage or in the garage (hard to tell). If a young woman sprays my face with insecticide or fills my shoes with water in a misguided attempt at humor or for any reason :shock: It's spanking time. [December 13, 1964]
JacksonTwinsDec13,1964.jpg
JacksonTwinsDec13,1964.jpg (92.88 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
"But if that door breaks we'll end up as stand-up comedians...Jan!" ;)
jimc

Post by jimc »

i really enjoyed your take on the Jackson Twins. It is hard to believe way back when when web-ed made the 1st comic spanking survey and i nominated the Jackson Twins as spankable and did enjoy seeing ones that did show off their bottoms. I liked all the ones that were chosen, but it is a pity that none of the winners ever did get the spanking that we thought they should. My choices were ones that i had not seen spanked, but some of them esp. the winner (BRENDA STARR) did actually have her getting a spanking in one of her strips so i think that she did get her well-deserved prize even though it was not a current artist that did it. I only wish we could have seen the twins get a spanking for their prank. Thanks for sharing and have a great day.
Jim
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Web-Ed
Thanks for the load-down on the Jackson Twins. I was particularly interested on the short discussion on "twin spankings". You mention The Patty Duke Show but another William Asher show was Bewitched with Elizabeth Montgomery playing both Sam and her cousin Serena. Serena and Sam sometimes pulled off a witch-switch. Serena being the instigator of these "pranks" was a fine candidate for an actual switching. I would have liked to seen the twins in The Parent Trap [first movie 1961] as played by Hailey Mills get what they actually deserved. Of course as we moved into the '90s Lindsey Lohan should have been spanked both in The Parent Trap remake and in real life! The Parent Trap was based on the 1949 German novel Lottie and Lisa. If I had to pick real twins that I could spank with out repercussion it would be Gisele and Patricia Bundchen.

Pilar and Emilia Bayona of Spain went by the stage names of Pili and Mili. As soon as they turned 18 in 1965 they were cast in a spaghetti western titled Dos Pistolas Gemelas [Two Guns For The Twins]. They're both spanked in this movie by would be suitors. You can find a low-quality but pertinent clip on You Tube or in the old Chross movie data base.

Only slightly older than the Jackson Twins, 18 year old Mili and Pili look like blonde Jacksons talking things over in their bedroom just as Jill and Jan often did.
Pili&Mili1965.jpg
Pili&Mili1965.jpg (148.44 KiB) Viewed 1948 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 06/30/2017

Post by web-ed »

Thanks for posting the additional Jackson Twins material, Phil - I was going to do the "angry dad" one myself last week but forgot because I had it in the "Missed Opportunities" folder instead of the "Jackson Twins" folder. You have to think that was one time the Twins did not escape the spanking they'd earned :) .

There was a supposed spanking threat on Bewitched for Serena, but I had some trouble taking the clip off YouTube and now I don't remember even seeing it. Serena certainly deserved a spanking and it would have been fun to see her get one.

And everyone: obviously Phil S. and I will continue to keep our eyes peeled for any spankings of Jan and/or Jill.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 07/07/2017

Post by web-ed »

We haven't done a spanking search report in a while, and it might not be that urgent considering the amount of comics material we're currently blessed with thanks to Phil S. and the fact I've had very little time to go through what is now more than 500 Golden Age comics I've got piled up, not to mention all the Condorito issues I managed to obtain from a source in Venezuela before things got really bad down there, but let's go ahead anyway:

May-June Report
Pages searched: 655
Total: 564962
Comic Spankings: 1

And that one spanking I found through one of my other, more difficult searches where I have to actually get a hold of the physical comic book. The ugly details will be posted in the Comics Spanking Data Base shortly. The sad thing is that this was a real missed opportunity from Archie #53: high-school principal Mr. Weatherbee gets out a paddle and starts whacking - but it's not Betty nor Veronica but rather Dilton Doiley :( . Concerned about procrastination, Weatherbee accepts Dilton’s recommendation that “Obey That Impulse” signs be put up around the school. When mayhem follows, Weatherbee uses a paddle on Dilton with “Obey That Impulse” lettered on it. Why couldn't Veronica have been the one to come up with the idea?

I found something more interesting in a Humorama digest from 1959: a new spanking we haven't seen before by George Morrice :D ! There really are only about 15 more digests from the classic period that are known to exist that I haven't seen, but they are hard to find. Once I get through them, we'll definitely have a return of the Humorama Series.

Now for this week's updates:
  • The Comic Strip Series continues with the first of a very strange two-part "Kerry Drake" mini-series in which we revisit what we used to call Kerry Drake Spanking #1 but now must rename Hollywood Johnnie since Sweetspot found the original strip the spanking panel came from.
  • Both that series and Super-Spanking Summer continue with the super-hero who can deliver a super-spanking better than anyone else, Superman, as we revisit Superman spanks Lil Danvers with a colorized version of the spanking panel by CSR Resident Artist Dan Rivera. :)
Next Week:
  • The Comic Strip Series continues with the second part of a two-part mini-series on Kerry Drake. Next time another mystery will be explained by Sweetspot's diligent research, and a brand-new spanking panel revealed!
  • Super-Spanking Summer continues with El Manto Negro's rendering of Marcy spanking Lois Lane as we continue the Superman Series! :)
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

I have very little to add concerning Hollywood Johnnie since you were kind enough to quote me pretty much verbatim though out your 7/7/17 post at the main site. Thanks for pointing out how the remark of the guest leaving the O'Dill's party makes sense when taken as a direct response to Harriett's blistering and profane "rebuttal" to Johnnie's publicity stunt. I later added this definition of Gherkin to my original post: 1-a small pickle and 2-A vine (Cucumis anguria) native to Africa and widely cultivated especially in the West Indies, having prickly fruit often harvested when immature for pickling. Small, prickly and immature is a good description of Harriett O'Dill. Certainly Harriett's spanking must have been somewhat effective as she left Wolfe's hand throbbing , seems to have one of her hands on her rump and invites Johnnie to have a seat while she herself remains standing a while longer. :D
I appreciate Dan's modifications to the Superman spanking scene - Nice work! Although to me that panel will remain most memorable because of Lil Danvers twisted features. :x I wish that first Johnnie Hollywood spanking panel could be enhanced to remove that blank streak running from top to bottom. :P While we're back on that subject did anyone notice perhaps the only difference between the two spanking panels? Well in panel 2 Mr. Wolfe has his smoke dangling from the other side of his mouth. ;)
Lil berates and even abuses Superman to the point of trying to kill him but shortly after the spanking proclaims that he's quite a man. Reminding me of a couple of other strip spankings in Gallery Two that have the immediate affect of a woman practically drooling over their spanker.

Queen Aleta berates her husband Prince Valiant for ah..working overtime :lol: but then nearly swoons as she too looks from a window and considers the prospect of future spankings.
PrinceVNovember22,1959.jpg
PrinceVNovember22,1959.jpg (162.79 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
Superman spanks Olivia Hill in public but it doesn't have the desired affect...evidently a super spanking really leaves the gals euphoric!
SupermanNov23,1947.jpg
SupermanNov23,1947.jpg (107.05 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
This spanking from Mark Trail is another CSR Gallery Two entry that has a most satisfying and similar conclusion. By the way, I can't add anything to this great find :o except to identify the year as being 1949 http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/co ... ing_2.html
Last edited by Sweetspot on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Web-Ed -
On the subject of Archie and paddles I feel for you my friend!

This is Mr. Lodge in the boat. Now wouldn't it have made more sense for him to go fishing with his own daughter and her blonde bff than with Archie and Jughead a couple of buffoons he can barely tolerate to be around.
ArchieMay24,1971.jpg
ArchieMay24,1971.jpg (55.42 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Mr Lodge probably needed a couple of boys to row the boat. Also, teenage girls usually are averse to scaling and gutting fish.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Hi WEB-ED CSR!!!! If only that was Betty and Veronica bending over on that boat about to be paddle! :lol: :lol: :twisted: Thanks Sweetspot for letting us know it was Johnnie Hollywood that was doing the spanking and not Kerry Drake :o It`s still a Great Spanking in comic :D :D 8-) Superman Should have turn Lil Danvers over his knee for the spanking or one knee :lol: :lol: bet those spanks hurts like hell :lol: :lol: :twisted: don`t know why he was in a hurry to leave :?: on the plus side Lil` Danvers wasn`t mad at the spanking making this a romance spanking :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fantastic job Dan Rivera on the Color version of this drawing giving it that retro Superman cartoon look 8-) 8-) THANKS!!!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 07/07/2017

Post by web-ed »

Butch - glad you liked this week's offerings :D

Phil - I was happy to use your narrative and will attempt to continue to do so when presenting your other discoveries. I actually did intend to present the additional information and scans you dug up of the Superman / Olivia Hill spanking this week as well, but ultimately I just couldn't manage it and still do justice to Hollywood Johnnie, so I'll have to re-schedule it. It's an obvious natural while Super-Spanking Summer is still going on.

I did notice the cigarette moving from one side of Johnnie's mouth to the other - I believe the artist was trying to make it less obvious that he was using the same panel twice!

Your Mr. Lodge paddling the boys strip is exactly like the Weatherbee / Doily scene - why couldn't it have been Betty and Veronica in that boat? :lol: Of course, as Willjohn points out, fishing is more of a guy thing, usually.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:The Comic Strip Series continues with the first of a very strange two-part "Kerry Drake" mini-series in which we revisit what we used to call Kerry Drake Spanking #1 but now must rename Hollywood Johnnie since Sweetspot found the original strip the spanking panel came from.
It's good to have the correct, updated information on that comic strip spanking. I especially like that there are some panels that show what lead up to the spanking and what happened immediately after.

Seeing Johnny with a sore hand makes me think about what I had in my O.T. Katie story. Maybe Harriet O'Dill was wearing a girdle too! He should've raised her skirt, and if there was one, made her take it off!
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Look out now, Web-ed, but I think someone is trying to sabotage your Chicago Spanking Forum!

Just yesterday (July 6), someone posted two cartoons on your website, under "Weekly Updates," and the poster's motives are majorly suspect. The first of these toons shows us that babe-a-licious Aleta from Prince Valiant, and she is moaning to herself as hubby Prince Valiant leaves on a new mission:

"Oh, you magnificent beast! Only come back safely to me once more, and you can spank me as much as you wish!"

Lovely words, and they conjure up some lovely images as we imagine Prince Val putting the beautiful Aleta over his knee once again, or even more than once. But...! WHERE is the goddam picture of the spanking itself? We know it exists. We've seen it. WHY did this poster choose to eliminate it from this post?

The second toon shows us another beauty (Olivia Hill?) grabbing Superman and planting a warm and grateful kiss on the Man of Steel's lips. Your caption reads:

Superman spanks Olivia Hill in public but it doesn't have the desired affect...evidently a super spanking really leaves the gals euphoric!

Euphoric, huh? Yeah, okay. But again, WHERE is the picture of the spanking itself? It should have been posted here, alongside the picture of Olivia delivering her grateful kiss.

Yes, I know: The rules forbid posting more than two (2) pictures to each message. But that's no impediment. The poster could have posted TWO messages, each containing the spanking pic plus the ancillary panel. But he (I'm assuming it's a he) chose not to do that. Dammit, WHERE are the two missing pics, one of Aleta and one of Olivia, each getting her pretty bottom spanked? It's the sort of thing we come here for, after all.

That's not all. In his next message, our mystery poster adds a toon from the comic strip "Archie." No girls in this one, but it shows old Mr. Lodge, out on his fishing boat, along with Archie and Jughead. They've accidentally dropped his fishing flies into the drink, and as they bend over the edge of the boat, Mr. L prepares to smack their rear ends with a large oar.

Now I ask you. Is this poster one of us, or is he a closet X/M spanko? Earlier this year, this pervert had the nerve to post a cartoon of a woman spanking a man on these pages. You, Web-ed, did not comment on that, and I don't know why not; but watch out. This guy is back, and he's trying to introduce a whole new perspective to your website. Are you going to do anything about it, or are you prepared to lose every one of your M/F fans?

Dan