Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!! It so good to see some of Bill Ward sexy spanking drawings again especially his early work 8-) If this is The School Of Hard Knocks me think the Dean should have use something more harder to spank his female student with other than that thin piece of paper :lol: the otk in this drawing is good but I don`t know why the Dean had to have such a high stool forcing the young woman to use a small stool to keep herself balance so that she won`t fall off his lap :twisted:also like her plump panty bottom and classy looks :D GREAT DRAWING! Can`t blame Comedy Riot for putting this Super hot spanking drawing from Ward on it cover 8-)too bad Cinderella wasn`t place firmly across her Fairy Godmother`s lap for this spanking :lol: seeing Cinderella being spanked on the bed by another woman kinder remind me of a old movie call Slaves of Bondage :twisted: anyway Cinderella is very curvy and Hot with big mellons size breasts and a big shapely rear that is made to be spanked :D The Godmother is also very curvy with huge torpedos size tits :lol: Ward is the King of drawing Glamorous women with fantastic bodies 8-) HOT HOT DRAWING! Glad to see the Halloween spanking drawings again :D can`t wait to see the new one next week!! speaking of Halloween just saw the scary classic Halloween starring Jamie Lee Curtis for the 100 times :lol: Mrs. Curtis did have a nice shapely bottom in that movie especially in those tight jeans :D it a shame she never got spanked in one of her movies would have love seeing her get it otk in A Fish Called Wanda :lol: THANKS!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

very nice additions to the Ward "school of hard knocks" drawing :D . it's just a bit awkward because of the height of the stool the dean is sitting on, but still a nice spanking drawing 8-) . good OTK position and a shapely, great looking spankee. like you, i like Ward's earlier depictions of women better so this suits me just fine :D . i think Ward did a good job on the expressions too............her look of total surprise and the dean's pleased expression. i'd be pleased to be looking at that too :lol: . it's nice that you were able to nail down the dates of the new scans. i did find it interesting that the editor put the "fairy godmother" drawing on the first page. i do have a question though.............in the 1965 version, the caption is obvious and mentions the fairy godmother. was the caption omitted in the 1958 version or is it just different? is that supposed to be it in the white rectangle talking about making your heart ache? in any case, it's another example of the lovely girls drawn by Ward in his earlier days.the spanker is obviously pleased with the spanking. the spankee looks to me as if she's wishing the man she was out past midnight with had spanked her before she got home...........or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part :lol: . i'm glad you were able to verify the first printing of this one..................you continue to make progress :D . thanks, phi
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

WOW! this week is terrific. Halloween is my second most favorite time of the year and I love the decorations! and Phil's and B00ms latest offerings! it doesn't get better than that! thanks web-ed, Phil and B00m! you guys are terrific!

sunflower
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:I put up the site's Halloween decorations this week so readers can see all their old favorites again. We'll have a small special next week with a spanking wolfman and a Bill Ward update with a non-Halloween theme. Also, everyone should be aware that both Phil (Overbarrel) and Hugob00m have been busy in their respective galleries, so be sure to go over there and see the latest installments of "A Custom Fit" and "O.T. Katie".
It's good to see your Halloween decorations again. I enjoy Halloween, and I think the holiday may still have some untapped potential for spankings.

AND thanks for the plug! Yes, I have a new O.T. Katie in progress, and I'd like everyone to see it ... and, of course, to give me comments.
web-ed wrote:Humorama Update: we found the first printing of Bill Ward's "School of Hard Knocks" spanking.
Humorama Update 2: Another first appearance of a Ward cartoon, Fairy Godmother Spanking.
I liked the way Bill Ward drew the women in his earlier cartoons. They seemed softer, and more lovable.

I think maybe both of these cartoons might have a place in the "missed opportunities" file. In the "School of Hard Knocks", the Dean should've just handed the girl her diploma and proceeded to spank her with his hand! And, in the "Fairy Godmother", I think maybe a sequel would've been in order. Maybe if each of the ladies had a boyfriend show up to interrupt the F/F spanking in progress, and they would decide that BOTH of the ladies need a spanking GIVEN BY A MAN"S HAND!

As usual, thanks for all your hard work in updating your site every week. I always look forward to seeing what you can cume up with.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/31/2014

Post by web-ed »

Happy Halloween, everybody! We've got a couple of updates this week you can enjoy while munching on some of that leftover Halloween candy :) . For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Humorama Update: we found the first and second printings of Bill Ward's "Don't Spare the Fishing Rod".
  • Halloween Special Feature: Most wolfmen cause a lot of trouble when the full moon arrives, but this one's a nice guy who just goes on a spanking spree.
Next week: We'll have the October search report, another update of a Bill Ward Humorama cartoon, two spankings from the TV series The Saint, and the long-awaited conclusion of our Whys of Spanking series!
-- Web-Ed
sunflower309

Post by sunflower309 »

Happy Halloween!!

web-ed, thanks for this weeks updates and can't wait for your final chapter next week. hope you are fully recovered and are feeling a lot better!

sunflower
butch46163@yahoo.com

HAPPY HALLOWEEN WEB-ED CSR :D Now that`s a good spanking! in Bill Ward`s Don`t Spare The Fishing Rod 8-) even though I think the fish rod is a bad choice for and over the knee spanking :lol: anyway the women in this drawing doesn`t look as glamourous as in other Ward`s drawings I saw! The spankee who seem to be a Teenager is very well build with a nice sexy bottom just ripe for spanking :D the otk is good and the girl`s facial expression shows the spanking hurts :lol: Mama teaching this spoil brat a good lesson 8-) Outstanding drawing from Ward!! The full Moon really brought out the beast in this guy as he goes on a spanking spree :twisted: And who can blame him with all those naughty ladies out on Halloween in their sexy costumes :D The lady over Wolfee lap is hot too bad he didn`t give those plump buns of her a real spanking HOWL!! GOOD DRAWING!! THANKS!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The Wolfman spanking/tickling cartoon reminds me of an old gag (from a time when women were easily offended by bad language) where a man in a bar mumbles to a woman "Tickle my arse with a feather" . Offended she says "I beg your pardon?" He then says "Particularly nasty weather."

His inebriated friend tries the same routine but yells "Tickle my arse with a feather!" When the woman reacts he gets confused & says "Shit it's a c##t of a day."
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i see your original estimate of the first printing of Ward's "don't spare the fishing rod" spanking was right on the money :D . i'm glad you were able to verify these first 2 printings. of course, i like Ward's usual lovely ladies. i see he has drawn his normal panties for the spankee too and i never really liked them very well but apparently Ward did :lol: . good OTK position and i love the expressions too..........the absolutely happy look on the spanker's face and the startled look on the spankee's face 8-) . these are good finds for sure :D . in the Wolfman spanking, the spankee does indeed look to be tickled about the whole thing.............and our spanker seems to be enjoying himself too :lol: . i love the way fantasy play has drawn her feet.............the one being tickled is all curled up and the other one has her toes spread. she must be having some great sensations :D . i can see why the Wolfman is enjoying this so much. not only is he getting to spank that lovely bottom but just look where his other hand is :o . that's a most unique way to hold the spankee down :lol: . very good, timely toon and a good addition to our Halloween collection :D . good updates again. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/07/2014

Post by web-ed »

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Humorama Update: we identified the second, third, and fourth printings of Bill Ward's "Forget-Me-Not Spanking".
  • Article Special Feature: The long-awaited, cataclysmic conclusion to our "Whys of Spanking" Series: Practical Applications of the Theory.
  • Video Extra: Before he was the movies' third James Bond, Roger Moore was The Saint on television. Of course, we probably wouldn't even mention it except for the fact that there were two spankings on the show, the first an extended OTK session with Erica Rogers, the second a single whack on the butt with Justine Lord. We've packaged them together as Saint Spankings.
Next week: We'll start presenting one new item and one update of an existing page each week to get us through the end of the year. Our reasoning was that as much as we'd like to resume the Humorama Series or perhaps hold off on that while presenting some non-Humorama cartoons we've been hoarding for years now, the holidays are too close to get either of these series in. Rather than have any CSR readers miss something, or present either series in a stop-start fashion, we'll hold off until the New Year is underway and everyone's settled down and ready for another major series.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! Interesting topics On The Whys Of Spanking especially on why some spankos don`t discipline their kids! read something like that many years ago in Spank Hard where a Lady Michelle said the reason she never spanked her children is because she felt that if she did it she was doing it for herself :twisted: meaning is she spanking them for punishment or for her personal pleasure! this is a very touchee subject.on the other topic I don`t think a person should give up on spanking just because their spouse is not into it! spanking is my life sure sex is Great but I was into spanking way before sex :lol: and to give it up? GREAT TOPICS!!!! The woman In Bill Ward`s Forget Me Not Spanking should have been flat across her husband`s knees :D she have a nice big rear :D also like her Hugh breasts ! GREAT DRAWING FROM WARD!! 8-) There was A almost Spanking in tv The Saint the was stop when the woman started crying :x the one Erica Roger got was OUT STANDING!! Also remember him slapping the plump tush of a Nurse :D If only Bond would have spanked some bad Women :lol: THANKS!!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

good job on identifying the various printings of the Ward "forget me not" spanking. you have already covered the odd OTK position and she does indeed seem to be resting only on some very large boobs. i wonder if that's "previews of coming attractions" as far as Ward's later works go? it's as if someone attached a tire pump to her nipples and pumped them up :lol: . i enjoyed your discussion of the various printings and the decline of Humorama more than i did the pic in this particular case ;) . in Chapter 7 of "The Whys of Spanking" you comment that you might try explaining to your spouse that spanking is just another way to express dominance and submission. another way might be to let your spouse know that spanking isn't just something you're interested in, it's something actually need.............and an opportunity for him/her to meet one of your needs.............which goes right along with #2 and the drawing done by Jay Em. i love the drawing btw....it definitely says a thousand words :D . i really liked your comment, "women want to submit, but at the same time they want to feel as though they have no choice but to submit). " i think this really sums up the feelings that many women have. i also liked the paragraph that follows that comment and i think it accurately describes many of today's women. i also think there are a large proportion of women who would agree with you if the truth were known ;) . this whole chapter was very interesting and a great ending for you article :D . i enjoyed the spanking clips from the Saint :D . we all love seeing a rich, spoiled girl get her bottom warmed and this girl certainly qualified :D . i loved the wood cutter clapping along and our hero's grin at the end almost as her briefly rubbing her bottom and looking back to see if he was following :lol: . he wasn't but that's ok as it will give her some time to consider just what has happened to her :D . really good updates this week! thanks for sharing. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

butch wrote:There was A almost Spanking in tv The Saint the was stop when the woman started crying :x the one Erica Roger got was OUT STANDING!! Also remember him slapping the plump tush of a Nurse :D
Yes, and they were from the color episodes also, Butch! (At least I think the nurse one was - I have the episode numbers written down in my files and I may present the scenes eventually if I can get ahold of them. I'm a little concerned about presenting more aborted spankings than I already have (Man from UNCLE, etc.).
overbarrel49 wrote: i really liked your comment, "women want to submit, but at the same time they want to feel as though they have no choice but to submit). " i think this really sums up the feelings that many women have. i also liked the paragraph that follows that comment and i think it accurately describes many of today's women. i also think there are a large proportion of women who would agree with you if the truth were known ;) . this whole chapter was very interesting and a great ending for you article :D
Thanks, Phil. I was simply too tired last week to say more about the concluding chapter of "The Whys of Spanking". Objectively speaking, this was probably the most important series I have ever published on CSR. Not the most enjoyable, of course - that would be your stuff and that of your fellow Resident Artists Dan and B00m, and the comic-book/strip and cartoon spankings that I have unearthed or that have been sent in to me - but the most important in that there has never been a satisfactory explanation of the psychology of adult spanking until now, nor was there anyone else (to speak frankly) in the contemporary spanking scene with his own blog or website who was really up to the task or who would have agreed to undertake it. I would urge anyone interested in understanding why he's into spanking or how spankos are created to read "The Whys of Spanking" from beginning to end - it's long and the ideas presented are not simple, but basically the answers to all the questions anyone might have about what people get from adult spanking will be found there.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/14/2014

Post by web-ed »

I was so tired last week I forgot to present the October Search Report. There's so little to report it's scarcely worth bothering, but here it is:

Pages searched: 2146
Total: 483468
Comic Spankings: 0

That isn't even the worst of it: in addition to the 2146 pages of Golden Age comics, I also searched the entire run of Wonder Woman's daily newspaper strips, and incredibly found not one spanking! These are all from 1943-44, and it occurred to me to wonder if any of them were written not by William Moulton Marston but by his assistant, Joye Hummel. I'm not sure we'll ever know, although some of Hummel's material may now be in the Smithsonian Institution. Even I'm not going to go through the Smithsonian's archives to discover who scripted comics that didn't have a spanking! Zero spankings was certainly a disappointment considering how many there were in early WW comic books. At any rate, my various searches will continue.

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Humorama Update: we identified the first appearance of Secretary Spanking #23, Bill Ward's combination of two old gags: "bend over the files" and "bend over, get a swat!"
  • From an early spanking magazine, Corporal, back in 1970: A nice, simple, OTK photo.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i can certainly see why you were disappointed with the October Search Report and i really appreciate that you continue on with your searches, especially when you get results like this. you can still take pride and satisfaction from all the spankings you have been able to present to us as a result of your searches :D . i was unable to get the link to the Ward "secretary spanking #23 to work so i went to the humor gallery and opened it there. it is a strange position and a peculiar looking secretary, as you noted. i'm glad that you were able to find the original appearance of this one :D . i do think it's interesting that he didn't sign this one. perhaps we will find out why someday. i really liked the spanking pic from Corporal magazine :D . for one thing, i just love getting a peek under her dress with her wearing the hose, garter belt and panties :D :D . i'm an old guy so i like seeing a good looking girl dressed this way............even the seam up the back of her hose is enjoyable to me :lol: ;). too bad girls don't routinely dress like this these days. i think whoever posed this photo, did a great job of depicting a struggling spankee which i also love :D :D . the spankee certainly has an apprehensive, worried look on her face, which i also find pleasing 8-) . the only thing i didn't care much for was the position of the spanker's arm which looked a bit awkward to me. overall, even though i like spanking drawings better than photos, i think this was a great find :D . good updates again ;) . thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR Good Spanking Photo from the old Corporal Magazine the girl is hot love her sheer panty :D the otk is nice but I think she too close to that table :twisted: the guy is giving her a good hard spanking ! Corporal Magazine was Great early on but then they change showing more f\M spanking and domanation :evil: Anyway Good Spanking 8-) Seeing a beautiful secretary in a tight skirt getting her plump rear slap hard while bending over would be Hot but this is a Ward spanking drawing :lol: :lol: glamorous! Super HOT DRAWING
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks again, Web-ed, for searching to find more spanking pictures! You have already produced a gusher of new (ie., previously unseen) pics, and we all appreciate your hard work in this most noble of crusades. Even if you were to end your searches right now, your name would live on, as Super Searcher Number One! But I hope you do not end the search at this time, for we -- and you -- are having too good a time!

This week you have posted a cartoon from Bill Ward, the one with the secretary ("Miss Howard") being urged by her boss to bend over to reach the bottom-most file drawer. The old goat can hardly wait to get the lovely lady down into position so he can slap her butt. You know, I've seen this one before, plus others that are similar, and as much as I like good spanking pictures, this type of scene always bothers me a little. It is so very sexist. Even before the dawn of Political Correctness, this type of scene would have seemed awkward to me. Plus, of course, as you pointed out, Ward was wrong to show the lady with her knees bent. For this type of scene to really work, the legs should be straight.

As to your second update, the photo of an OTK spanking from the old Corporal mag, 1969-70, I heartily approve... especially since the spankee looks so much like Hanoi Jane. Always felt that she should have taken a good, old-fashioned over the knee spanking from a solid American lad.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 11/14/2014

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote: i was unable to get the link to the Ward "secretary spanking #23 to work so i went to the humor gallery and opened it there.
Ooops! I don't know that one got past me. Hyperlinks have to be perfect to work - any typo, even a space where an underscore should be, causes the link to fail. Such typos are common, so right after I upload the weekly updates I test them to make sure everything's working (some things can be tested ahead of time and some things can't). In this case, I must have tested the link from "This Week's Sneak Peek" which was correct, but then forgot about the other link to the same page :oops: That link has been fixed now so anyone who tries it now will have no problems.

Anyway, good for you for taking the initiative to find it from the Humor Index (Gallery) page, and glad you enjoyed it. Everyone liked the Corporal spanking also.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/21/2014

Post by web-ed »

Last week I forgot to mention the 5th anniversary of this board, so let's make up for that now. All we had before that was a Letters Page in which I would print occasional correspondence from CSR readers. (It's still out there if anyone's curious, but I removed the link from the main site. The link is somewhere on this forum - look for a topic called "Letters Page" or something like that.) A Letters Page was in keeping with my view of CSR as a magazine-type entity, but it was terribly limited compared to the dynamism a discussion forum made possible. So at the urging of JimC and a few others (as I remember it now) I created the first data base for CSR we had ever needed and installed the software for this board. Although we don't have the traffic Chross's board does, over the years we've put out a lot of material here. Most of the 1600 attachments are due to Resident Artists Overbarrel and B00m, while Daneldorado and I have linked quite a few images (I don't have a count for them). Let's hope that phpBB keeps fixing the software when necessary, because I wouldn't have the time to keep modifying it myself (I do install new versions when they become available from phpBB, and that's quite enough effort, believe me).

• Humorama Update: the putative second appearance of Bill Ward's Spanked for Buying the Wrong Hat!
  • From Janus Spanking Special #2: Another nice, simple, OTK photo.
I've completed my plans for the remainder of this year. Basically, we'll continue on as we have been with two updates per week (if possible). Everyone's pretty busy at this time of the year, and if you're going to miss any CSR updates (which you shouldn't!) I don't want it to be anything really startling (but see the description of 12/12 below). The Christmas Special will be 12/26, although I'll get the "decorations" up on 12/05, and we'll see Dick Van Dyke give Mary Tyler Moore two or three nice whacks with a rolled-up magazine on 12/12, which I chose because it's very close to the 50th anniversary of the date on which that episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show first appeared on television. Probably every spanko who remembers the show wanted to see MTM spanked :) , and it sort of did happen, but alas with no OTK position.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB -ED CSR!! can`t wait to see the Christmas spanking drawing 8-) I know Santa really going to be busy this year spanking all those naughty female behinds out there! From Miley to Kim K :lol: Iam A big Fan of Bill Ward also of Eric Stanton and Eng ! Anyway Love this week drawing of a woman being spanked for buying the wrong hat :lol: the otk is good with the spankee big bottom up high! also like how her dress cling to her bottom 8-) Ward Also did a great job of giving the spankee thick shaply thighs and nice mellon size breasts :D the spanker has great legs to :) the look on the spankee `s Face shows the spanking is hard OUCH!! GREAT GREAT DRAWING!! Remember buying plenty of Janus magazines back in the 80`s 90`s along with Febru both was kinda expensive maybe because they was from London! the drawing from Paula was great along with the stories mostly canings was excellent! so it no Wonder this Simple over the knee spanking photo is Great 8-) Nice spankable bottom she have :D