Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I like the "Aquaman spanks Mera" drawing. It's certainly a good idea for Aquaman to spank his wife and to take that thesis a step further, I think it's a good idea for any man to spank his wife once in a while 8-) . This has all the basic elements, OTK, panties down and a good, sound, bare bottom spanking :D . I like the full, nicely rounded bottom on our spankee but it does look just a bit off somehow and I think maybe it has to do with the shadows. I also like the drawing you chose to accompany this one. After looking at the spanking pic, I find it easy to imagine that, as they embrace, her panties are still down with her throbbing, red bottom exposed 8-) .

I also like the "Joker spanks Batgirl" drawing even though, as you mentioned, the standing position isn't my favorite. Come to think of it, I have actually used that position on occasion when other positions weren't an option. Even though, as you mentioned, this sketch isn't fleshed out, Loose Wires presents us with a Batgirl with a highly spankable bottom :D . I also like her facial expression, which is that of a naughty girl who is very sorry she's getting a spanking :lol: . The Joker, of course, has that evil grin as he enjoys spanking her plump bottom......just as we would expect 8-) . Good updates this week :D . I'll be looking forward to the grand finale of super spanking summer next week. Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!! The Aquaman spank Mera drawing is Great the otk is fantastic love her very shapely round bottom :D wonder how he turn her rear red underwater talk about SUPER POWER :twisted: :lol: the underwater setting is good wish there was fishes or other sea creatures watching :lol: GREAT GREAT drawing! The Joker have a real evil grin on his face as he smacking Batgirl`s bottom :D can`t blame him she very HOT 8-) wish her facial expression was more of pain but the pouty look is nice :D also like that this is sketch 8-) SUPER HOT DRAWING! Well the Summer is almost over :( Can`t wait to see the last Super Spanking Drawing :D
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 09/02/2016

Post by web-ed »

It's the end of Super-Spanking Summer, alas, but first, the August Spanking Search Report:

Pages searched: 2006
Total: 550481
Comic Spankings: 3

One of these is a good one, and we would probably have missed it had it not been for Bishop Berkley. Something went wrong with our procedure for downloading new Golden Age comics two weeks ago - we missed like two out of dozens - and it was one of those two issues that had the spanking! Luckily ol' B.B. dropped us a line to ask us if we'd seen it yet. A spoiled brat gets taken in hand by her flight instructor, and she admits "I was paddled…until I wept with humiliation”! We'll see it next February along with three other new goodies as Romantic Spanking Month returns! :)

As for the other two, they're standard stuff and will go into the Data Base later today. The details:

1. Thrilling Comics #30 (Oct. 1942, Nedor) M/M, Sgt. Quinn / Lucky Lawrence, bending over, paddle - Lucky Lawrence Leatherneck strip 1st appearance. More bad paddling.
2. Jetta #7 (April 1953, Standard) M/M, Dean Foible / Arky, OTK, hand – teen-ager Arky is Jetta’s boyfriend. He uses Gizmo’s youth ray on Dean Foible, causing mayhem, so Foible turns the ray on Arky to make him a kid and spanks him.

It's a pity about Jetta, which was like a teen-age comedy version of The Jetsons - that is, a future-era knock-off of Archie. Set in the future, the girls all wore short skirts, perfect for spanking them. There are still a few issues to be checked, so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Now on to this week's updates. For links, please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this page.
  • Fun and games at JLA Headquarters, where the heroines were foolish enough to play strip poker with the male Leaguers! O.K., it's not a spanking, but it's good clean fun and we get to see some superheroines in a state of dishabille!
  • Our two-part Aquaman Series concludes with Aquaman Spanks Namorita - the kind of DC/Marvel crossover we like best!
  • After running all summer the Batman Family Series Concludes as Robin learns how to perform one of Batman's primary duties - spanking Catwoman!
Next Week is Homecoming Week: and we like to have a "back to school" feel to it with a special on the Archie gang. This year, the focus is on Suzie, and how! We've got pratfalls, some "behind in jeopardy" stuff, several new bending-over poses, eight new examples of after-spanking panels, and one brand new, honest-to-goodness, OTK spanking of Suzie from her own comic book! You don't want to miss it! :)

-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I was pleased to hear that your monthly search turned up a good spanking this time and I'll be looking forward to seeing this one :D .

I had to chuckle at the JLA drawing you posted this time :D . I like the expressions on the faces of Batman, Superman and Flash. Not only do they look happy but they all also are taking a bit of evil pleasure from this :lol: . No doubt, so would I 8-) . There are no female bottoms showing in this one but it's good if you're a fan of titties :lol: . I also like the expressions on the faces of our naked girls and, at the risk of offending any female members, the irritated, disgusted looks on their faces are typical female expressions :lol: . They seem like sore losers. Of course, we would all have liked to have seen their bottoms sore to go along with it :lol: .

I like the Aquaman spanking Namorita drawing. As you noted, there are some problems with it but overall, I think it gets the point across. I do like our spankee's curvy figure. I don't know what they were fighting about but both of them look pissed off right now. I have to feel like her expression is going to change shortly considering that our boy Aquaman has her with her panties down and her bare bottom up :lol: . I agree with you about the OTK position, although her bottom is in a good position for him to spank. I can't put my finger on it but it seems to me that somehow, Vulcanspock has managed to capture the intensity of this spanking. As I look at it, I can almost hear the swats landing on her bare bottom. Sure, the expressions would give you that impression but there's something else? If I just concentrate on her bottom, without looking at their faces, it just has the feel of a really good spanking to me.

When I first looked at the Robin spanking Catwoman drawing, I thought, "this is odd" :lol: . However, it does have some good qualities. For one thing, Catwoman has a nice, plump, spankable bottom :D . I do like the idea behind this one and the dialog......even if he did misspell piece :D . Batman appears terrified that he isn't going to get a turn :lol: . Good updates again. I'll be looking forward to Homecoming week :D . Thanks, Phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hi, Web-ed... the picture of Aquaman spanking Namorita is one of those drawings I usually call "nice try!"

At a glance, we can see that the artist is trying to create a nice OTK scene; but the man's torso is WAY too long, and the girl over his knee looks just about ready to slide off his lap. Her bottom should have been positioned solidly over his left leg. Instead, she will soon be on the floor... maybe even before his first swat has found its target. :)

This isn't "professional jealousy," honest. I just wish this adorable setting were rendered more capably.

Cheers,
Dan
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Why didn`t the guys at JLA made the stake high by making it losers get spanked :twisted: :lol: could just see Wonder Woman and Hawk Girl bending over bare bottom getting whack with a paddle :D anyway good humor drawing 8-) unlike last week Aquaman spanking drawing we do get to see the spankee`s face only this time the back ground is dull the otk is Great with Namorita curvy bottom up high 8-) like the angry look on her face showing she not liking this :lol: only flaw is this should been taking place under the sea or on a rock near the beach Aquaman proves he knows how to deal with bad women by spanking them HARD :lol: 8-) GREAT DRAWING bland back ground a chair :?: this Robin Spanks Catwoman draing is very exciting like the cartoony feel! also like that the only color in this drawing is of Catwoman`s red bottom :lol: Robin living out any young spanko`s dream spanking a grown woman :D :D :D :D 8-) and he doing a GREAT job 8-) No Batman you had your chance :lol: didn`t think the Dick Grayson Robin would do something like this :twisted: I could see Nightwing meaning he more like Batman! SUPER HOT HOT DRAWING!! CAN`T for next week DRAWING :D :D :D :D
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:Hi, Web-ed... the picture of Aquaman spanking Namorita is one of those drawings I usually call "nice try!"

At a glance, we can see that the artist is trying to create a nice OTK scene; but the man's torso is WAY too long, and the girl over his knee looks just about ready to slide off his lap. Her bottom should have been positioned solidly over his left leg. Instead, she will soon be on the floor... maybe even before his first swat has found its target. :)

This isn't "professional jealousy," honest. I just wish this adorable setting were rendered more capably.
No problem, Dan - the whole point of having this topic, "CSR Feedback," is to give everyone a chance to talk about the weekly updates, and that includes honest criticism like yours. As a matter of fact, even though I post only a fraction of most of the types of spanking material I come across (the Humorama spanking cartoons are an exception as I'm planning to post them all), trying to put out there only items I think are worthy, most of them are bound to be flawed - that's life. Even most of the spankings from actual comics, of which we've had very few this summer, are usually below the level of, say, Phantom spanks Queen Pera, and the independent art spankings like Aquaman/Namorita are generally more variable in quality, although also more numerous.

As it happens, I agree with the main thrust of your observations. I judged this one to be interesting enough to make the cut (Aquaman spankings are incredibly rare, which is one consideration, and Namorita was drawn attractively), but that doesn't mean I couldn't see its shortcomings. {b]Vulcanspock[/b] has been an interesting young artist, but definitely needs some further development, and it is a pity that she seems to have disappeared, at least as far as creating new spanking art goes.
Butch wrote:Why didn`t the guys at JLA made the stake high by making it losers get spanked :twisted: :lol: could just see Wonder Woman and Hawk Girl bending over bare bottom getting whack with a paddle :D anyway good humor drawing
If I ever win the lottery, Butch (unlikely of course, and I'm too mathematically literate to waste much money playing it anyway) you can bet I'll put the money to good use - like commissioning all the superheroine spanking drawings I can think of :lol: . No doubt a follow-up to this JLA episode in which Wonder Woman and Hawgirl bend over to receive swats from the male Leaguers would be among them ;) . Ah well, we can all dream, can't we?
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

I look forward to the homecoming specials as I really did enjoy Suzie getting spanked or at the very least having her bottom always having pain stars around it. I love Aquaman and all the spankings he has given to underwater sirens like Mera and Namora. Spanking in comics SPK Comics at Tumblr) does seem to have faltered and has not had any new in awhile it had most that Web-ed could not publish and many that Web-ed would not publish (m/m; f/m, etc.) so it is always great to return to CSR and see such great spankings every week. I have had computer issues again and could not respond, but I hope to be back and start commenting again. Great job Web-ed. Have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

jimc wrote:I look forward to the homecoming specials as I really did enjoy Suzie getting spanked or at the very least having her bottom always having pain stars around it. I love Aquaman and all the spankings he has given to underwater sirens like Mera and Namora. Spanking in comics SPK Comics at Tumblr) does seem to have faltered and has not had any new in awhile it had most that Web-ed could not publish and many that Web-ed would not publish (m/m; f/m, etc.) so it is always great to return to CSR and see such great spankings every week. I have had computer issues again and could not respond, but I hope to be back and start commenting again. Great job Web-ed. Have a great day.
Jim
Glad to hear that your computer problems appear to be coming to an end, Jim, as we always welcome your comments :) . And if you like seeing Suzie's bottom surrounded by pain stars, you'd better keep your calculator handy because I think there must be a hundred such stars in this week's features! Poor Suzie's behind really takes quite a lot of punishment.

As to SPK Comics, I've been too busy even to double-check over there those items I don't have. I heard from the guy running it, but we haven't kept up communications and Doctor Cylon has sent me so much new material it's all I can do to open some of my mail! Anyway, I'm sure to get back over to SPK eventually and download all the usable material. As you said, I'm not going to be posting Reggie paddling Archie from way back when as there's really no one at CSR who'd be interested in seeing it or other M/M stuff. As to F/M, I actually did post one during Super-Spanking Summer, and I will eventually post a small number of others, but without any fanfare. The interest in these is rather limited, and I hope the one remaining Super-Tot spanking in my files is the last one I ever find :roll: .
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 09/09/2016

Post by web-ed »

So much preparatory work had to be done ahead of time for this week's updates that I'm getting the last of them posted today, well ahead of schedule. I think they'll be quite well-received, and I have a little more to say about Suzie below. Once again I thank Bishop Berkley for his invaluable assistance in the research department (which means he discovered some of these things). Robin may have discovered some of these panels also as he has so many in the past with the Archie characters - I ended up swamped with so much Suzie material I may not have annotated it all properly.

It's Homecoming Week! Our focus this year is on the Archie Comics character Suzie. For links, please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this page.
  • First we take a look at some pratfalls and low-level humor of the "Behind in Jeopardy" type.
  • Next we revisit our Suzie, Like Skygirl special feature from a few years ago, newly updated with four new bending-over poses in which Suzie and her back-up feature Taffy display their assets!
  • Next we have a brand-new special feature whose name is self-explanatory: Suzie After Spanking!
  • Finally, as the pièce de re´sistance, we have a brand-new actual spanking of Suzie from her own comic!
Now some further information and thoughts on Suzie. She did have her own book, taking over another title in which she'd been starring anyway, and it ran through issue #100. I have searched through 99 issues, leaving only #80 about which very little is known for some reason. There is a cover scan but no one has ever indexed the contents. All Golden Age Archie comics are relatively scarce (and therefore costly, alas), but whether there might have been a distribution problem with this one issue or whether it's simply that no one has volunteered a copy for scanning I can't say. Our best hope is that Soothsayr manages to scan #80 as he has so many other issues. When he does, I'll pounce on it for sure :lol: !

Of course it's unlikely for there to be another Suzie spanking in that one issue - two spankings in four issues is too much to hope for. But it's likely that not all of Suzie's appearances have been documented yet: her first spanking was in PEP #58, and had I not stumbled onto Jughead #8 we'd all still be wondering where that after-spanking panel of Suzie in the white shorts had come from. The fact is that Golden Age Archie/MLJ books are quite likely to have more Suzie appearances in them and more spankings (perhaps not of Suzie) as well, but they're going to hard to find as many of them are not in the public domain, which means you can't legally scan them and post the issues in their entirety. (That's why I had to find a physical copy of Jughead #8, and why I could not have, for example, presented the contents of the entire book).

So all I can do is promise to keep looking. If I live long enough, I will eventually find every Archie/MLJ spanking there is :D . Indeed, I tracked down another just this week, but it's Reggie trying to spank some kid named Souphead! (I'll save the grisly details for the September Spanking Search Report next month).

Next Week: Due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e. I just plain forgot to post one spanking last week that I had prepared!), Super-Spanking Summer will return for one week only as we see the third (and last known) spanking from The Spirit. It's actually just a butt-slap, but at least it's M/F.

Then in two weeks Rivals of Humorama will return with a M/F OTK spanking cartoon by Jack Flynn!
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

I really did enjoy Suzie being otk and getting her spanking. I enjoy all of her spankable poses and all of the pain stars around her bottom. It would be great if many of those were received while otk with her father. Great finds. Thanks for sharing them. Have a great day.
Jim
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I'm sorry I haven't comment lately. It seems like every time I try to log on to C.S.R. I get interrupted! (I still have a full-time job in a retail store, AND I'm spending quite a bit of my "free" time trying to remodel a house to move into it.)

This week, I was delighted to see your features with Suzie. I haven't been very familiar with that character until recently... other than the single panel that has been floating around the internet for several years.
web-ed wrote:First we take a look at some pratfalls and low-level humor of the "Behind in Jeopardy" type.
I'm not usually a fan of pratfalls, kicks, and bee stings... but, in this case, they put the pretty woman's derriere at the center of attention... and we see her rubbing afterwards.
web-ed wrote:Next we revisit our Suzie, Like Skygirl special feature from a few years ago, newly updated with four new bending-over poses in which Suzie and her back-up feature Taffy display their assets!
Thea artists who drew Suzie sure seemed to like putting her in a bent-over pose! Too bad someone like you wasn't around with a paddle!
web-ed wrote:Next we have a brand-new special feature whose name is self-explanatory: Suzie After Spanking!
Yes! One thing I like almost as much as a good spanking panel in an old comic book is a pretty girl rubbing her behind with stars floating all around it!
web-ed wrote:Finally, as the pièce de re´sistance, we have a brand-new actual spanking of Suzie from her own comic!
Wow! (I would've preferred a romantic spanking from a man closer to her own age, instead of a paternal spanking... but we can't have everything, and... Oh Goody! we see Suzie in an OTK position!

And on some previous weeks: I liked the Larry Malone drawing. It reminded me of a cross between a couple of Humorama artists and a frame from an old Tex Avery animated cartoon!

And the treat from Larry Lance to Dinah Drake... Ooooh! I wish she had pushed him just a little bit further so that he'd have to follow through!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

Thanks for all the information you gave us about Suzie. It explains a lot of things and also makes me appreciate more of the difficulties involved in finding all of these spankings.

Looking at the "Suzie, like Skygirl" page, it again seems obvious that the folks who were doing these are just as enthusiastic about the female bottom as we are here at CSR :lol: . I have a hard time believing that they didn't, at least, want to do spankings 8-) . There were 2 panels on this page that I found particularly appealing. One of those is where Suzie is bending over to reach the control panel and the other is the secretary bending over her desk that you posted for this update. :D . These both seem more erotic than any of the other poses to me, with the dresses just long enough to cover everything but just short enough we have no trouble imagining everything that's just out of sight 8-) .

I enjoyed all the Suzie after spankings and also Ginger. If we can't see the actual spanking, it's always nice to see the end results and in each case, the girls certainly deserved a spanking :D . Of course, some of them turned out to just be a kick instead of a spanking but they still deserved a spanking and that would have been better 8-) .

I totally enjoyed the panel of Suzie getting spanked after looking at so much material where she almost gets it or the spanking isn't actually shown :D .
You mentioned some minor problems with this drawing but I still enjoyed it. Of course, I'm sure everyone agrees that it would have been nicer if he had at least pulled her dress up before starting the spanking :lol: .

You've presented a ton of material here. This has to be the most comprehensive compilation about Suzie anywhere :D . This was a great update! Thanks for taking the time to present all this artwork and all the information. Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Looking at all the Suzie`s panels one must think who was this comic target for :twisted: not teenage girls :twisted: :lol: don`t understand why some one would boot such a shapely bottom instead of spanking it! :x :x :x :x comic censors :x the behinds in jeopardy panels Is HOT 8-) too bad Suzie wasn`t spanked sneaking into the train compartment :lol: she should have been over his knee not sitting on it :twisted: also that plank should have whacked bottom not her face! the after spanking is out standing specially the Ginger spanking like how the added shame of having her strap a pillow to her rear in public :lol: talk about humiliation 8-) the spanking of Suzie by her father is Great too bad they didn`t showoff more of her bottom while over his lap :lol: LOVE SUZIE COMICS !!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 08/09/2016

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:You've presented a ton of material here. This has to be the most comprehensive compilation about Suzie anywhere :D . This was a great update! Thanks for taking the time to present all this artwork and all the information. Phil
You're most welcome, Phil! It was indeed a lot of time and effort to put Homecoming Week together, and under pressing circumstances also, but the positive reception it received from you, Butch, B00m, Jim C., and probably a lot of lurkers made it all worthwhile. :D
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 09/16/2016

Post by web-ed »

Web-Ed here, worn out from last week's Suzie Spectacular and writing once again from my secret location on vacation 8-) . As it is still warm and summer-y here, it seems appropriate to bring back Super-Spanking Summer for one more week. I'd like to pretend I had it planned this way all along since I knew I needed some more rest after Labor Day, but the truth is that with all the preparation for Suzie going on prior to the 9/02 update, I simply forgot to add this week's Spirit Spanking #3 to what was supposed to be the finale of SSS :lol: .

The truth is that it's only a butt-slap, but it's from The Spirit and it's M/F so let's enjoy it. :)

As a matter of fact, there were a few other items I really wanted to get to for SSS but simply couldn't. Hope I didn't forget something I promised to do! I know I've got something from Doctor Cylon that needs to be scheduled soon, so I better check on what it was...

I'm joking around a bit, but in case anyone gets the wrong impression I really am pretty organized. I have structured files and lots of notes, and yet so much depends on memory that I'm bound to forget something sooner or later. Anyway, SSS will certainly return for another summer next year as long as I do :lol: , so maybe I can get everything in that I want.

Next Week: Rivals of Humorama returns with a M/F OTK spanking cartoon by Jack Flynn! And don't worry about me being on vacation - I've already got it coded and ready to go! If I get the time in between recreational activities and some serious work (I only take working vacations), I may even finish coding Rivals #14! See you all then! :)
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

I think this was the finest post I've seen in a long time (9/9 update). Just terrific work on your part. I place a firm OTK paternal spanking on equal footing with a nice romantic M/F spanking. A charming collection of historical value. Phil (that's right I'm another Phil)
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Concerning the 9/16 update. It seems to me by following the clearly defined arc of the drinking man's hand that the woman is smacked on the "small" of her back. Probably not his intention but one should never attempt to mix spanking and alcohol. Phil :geek:
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Sweetspot wrote:

Concerning the 9/16 update. It seems to me by following the clearly defined arc of the drinking man's hand that the woman is smacked on the "small" of her back. Probably not his intention but one should never attempt to mix spanking and alcohol.

Hi Sweetspot... Not sure I can agree with you here. Your theory would certainly be true, if the woman did not change positions during the episode. But as we can clearly see by the artist's "motion lines," she has moved from her previous position, maybe a centimeter or two. The man's hand has already cleared the area of her derriere and is far ahead of it.

I think he probably "made contact" during his swing, then followed through.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Sweetspot wrote:I think this was the finest post I've seen in a long time (9/9 update). Just terrific work on your part. I place a firm OTK paternal spanking on equal footing with a nice romantic M/F spanking. A charming collection of historical value. Phil (that's right I'm another Phil)
Thanks very kindly, Phil. It won't surprise you, who have made your own contributions to the spanko community, to know that I had some help with aggregating the Suzie material, but of course I'd been watching like a hawk for any new indications of Suzie spankings on my own and did discover this one independently at the same time Bishop Berkley did.

For CSR readers: Phil is rather new to the CSR Forums because a certain administrator (who shall remain nameless :oops:) forgot to activate his membership for several months! He has made some significant contributions to the task of unearthing comic strip spankings, and we'll be seeing some of the results of his scholarship over on the main site within the coming year.
Sweetspot wrote:Concerning the 9/16 update. It seems to me by following the clearly defined arc of the drinking man's hand that the woman is smacked on the "small" of her back. Probably not his intention but one should never attempt to mix spanking and alcohol
Hmm. Let's take another quick look at the panel:

I must admit that when I first saw this, there was something that bothered me about it beyond the fact that an opportunity for the OTK position had been squandered. And yet something - probably what Dan pointed out about the woman's motion (for it appears her hips have moved forwards) - convinced me the slap landed on her derriere (always the most likely target).

I should probably just stand on what Dan said rather than confusing things with more verbiage, but taking a strictly geometric view, if we draw a line perpendicular to a line tangent to the woman's buttocks, it seems to me that line will intersect the lower arc depicting the motion of the man's hand, which suggest the point of impact was indeed the derriere. Or to put it perhaps more clearly, while Eisner's "stinging effect" lines are centered above the buttocks, the motion lines for the man's hand are not.

It is certainly true, though, that spanking and alcohol do not mix.
-- Web-Ed