Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
Sweetspot

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by Sweetspot »

Great stuff all over Chicago Spanking Review - glad I can contribute! : :geek:
In addition to the continuity problem web ed discovered in the 1980 Ritzingham series from Captain Easy of the chair that suddenly loses its arms and Easy's magic neck tie, note [as I only did this very afternoon] that at the airport Sandra's bag, including shoulder straps, disappears, reappears and disappears again before finally reappearing one final time as the small group makes their exit from JFK. Probably also done to accommodate the OTK spanking scene.

A detail from the July 31, 1980 strip that I had overlooked before today :| but found while I was looking for the clip that follows this one.
CaptainEasyJuly31,1980DETAIL.jpg
CaptainEasyJuly31,1980DETAIL.jpg (71.82 KiB) Viewed 2033 times
After web-ed's comment concerning the expression on the face of Sandra Ritzingham's friend I just had to get a better look by finding a better clip. Fortunately since sending these Easy clips to the Web-Ed some months ago I started using a new newspaper archive that provided clearer scans. Sandra seems not amused by Easy's threat of a repeat spanking at she reaches back to give her behind a little rub. Perhaps she is all business, for the moment anyway. On the other hand, her friend looks as if she is ready to follow Cap up to his bedroom, take down her own slacks and toss herself across his lap :mrgreen:
CaptainEasyAugust5,1980DETAIL.jpg
CaptainEasyAugust5,1980DETAIL.jpg (63.64 KiB) Viewed 2033 times
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The old trousers hider! Miss Ritzenham really wants to be spanked again.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

This is a really great story all the way around :D . Of course, we would never have known what we do if not for the efforts of Phil S. In the July 21 strip, I really like the expressions in the last panel. Hers is a haughty, I can do anything I like expression and his look of total irritation :D . In the July 22 strip, they both have angry expressions, hers even though he has just grabbed her arm and spun her around as she tries to leave. That seems like a rookie mistake to me :lol: . Even as he starts to drag her off, she's still angry and her expression doesn't change until the middle panel of the July 23rd strip when she finally realizes he's about to give her a spanking and her looks changes to one of surprise and dread :lol: . The point of all this is that the artist has done a really great job in all aspects of this. He's in no hurry so he's showing us the whole scene unfolding. He's keying on the emotions of this scenario by making the facial expressions of the players plain. The OTK scenes are great, not only because of the good position, but also from the standpoint of the emotions in play. He does a pretty good job of capturing the action of the scene too, although he could have shown her legs kicking. He does show her arms waving around though. I have to think that the artist understands well the dynamic between a man and a woman when he's giving her a spanking. I will say that, if I had been doing this strip, this spanking would have resumed if the spankee had said to me, "OH, DO SHUT UP" as our spoiled spankee does in the middle panel of the July 24th strip :lol: . I do appreciate the extended strip that Phil S. gives us after the spanking :D . I also noticed that when they are watching the spanking on TV in the July 29 strip, our spankee does appear to be kicking more 8-) . In the August, 5 strip, I noticed that the spoiled girl is back to her haughty, defiant expression, which indicates that the first spanking didn't get the job done. I would have given her another spanking, even if I had to drop the towel to do it :lol: .......bare bottom this time and maybe her friend too 8-) :lol: . Great update :D . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/26/2018

Post by web-ed »

The Comic Strip Series continues with Part 2 of our Captain Easy mini-series:
Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with Part 3 of our Captain Easy mini-series, as this week's spanker, Lulu Belle, gets spanked herself - and you won't believe by whom! Plus, some new scans of the 5th spanking from this strip.

Falling asleep as I write this, but here's what's going on: I'm still getting the updates done, but I'm not doing as well with my mailbox, so hang in there if you've been trying to reach me. I'm working as hard as I can but I'm just overwhelmed.

Our Captain Easy mini-series is being well-received, and we've still got one week to go. I had actually forgotten that not only did Chief Strip Researcher Phil Sweetspot :ugeek: provide new scans and details of the Lulu Belle / Mrs. Brandywine spanking, he also discovered a new spanking that took place during the same episode. Yes, it's F/M, but as it's not of a child and it's integral to the episode it is being presented as part of the update.

You say you want more M/F spanking? No problem - we'll see the tables turned on this week's spanker, Lulu Belle, as she becomes the spankee next time in a never-before-seen Captain Easy spanking scene. :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! The Wolf girl in Captain Easy is very curvy like her wide hips :D the over the knee is GREAT! wish that the short dress she have on was clingy so that we could see her shapely buttocks :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: the flash back of her being spanked by her papa was ok? only it would have been better if this was the first time she was ever spanked! Surprise Captain Easy didn`t spank her with a roll up newspaper :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GREAT Spanking in Comic 8-) Seeing Lulu Belle spank the headstrong Mrs. Brandywine is Exciting specially seeing her large rear being smack hard! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: also believe some mothers just like their children need a good spanking :lol: :lol: :lol: too bad this wasn`t otk :( VERY Exciting spanking in comic 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I enjoyed the Captain Easy strip, both the drawings and the story :D . It's sure nice to have the new scans so we can actually read the story. It appears that our hero tried talking to the naughty girl face to face and when that didn't work, he decided to try using his hand to explain the situation to her bottom :lol: . That is, of course, the proper procedure. Speaking from personal experience, I've noticed that sometimes the fastest way to get a point through to a girl's brain is to send the message through her bottom :lol: . I love her totally startled expression at finding herself OTK and I thought the flashback to her childhood was a nice touch :D . It just goes to show you that even strong, independent thinking girls, may have a submissive side ;) .

I didn't like the story line of the Lulu Belle strip nearly as well although, I do agree that sometimes the mother needs a spanking at least as much as the spoiled child :lol: . I'm also not big on the spanker holding the spankee under her arm. I have to wonder if the artist's intention was less to accurately depict the spanking scene and more to just give us the impression of a spanking taking place. Good updates :D . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 02/02/2018

Post by web-ed »

O.K., a big week as we start February: no Romantic Spanking Month this year, but the Comic Strip Series needs to retain center stage, and it continues this week with Part 3 of our Captain Easy mini-series:
  • New Sweetspot scans of Captain Easy #4, in which the Easy paddles the daylights out of bad girl Lola Fedora.
  • Last week's spanker Lulu Belle becomes the spankee in Captain Easy #6 - and you won't believe who the spanker is! I found this one at auction.
This was supposed to conclude our Captain Easy mini-series, but I forgot that I had an update for the Easy spanks Helga scene, and the dreaded deadline doom (self-imposed, to be sure) has caught up to me - I simply cannot get the coding done before midnight. Therefore, next week we will have Easy's spanking of Helga, plus I think we'll revisit the second spanking Chief Strip Researcher Phil S. :ugeek: discovered in Harold Teen.

Lots more to come, folks, and I'm saving two or three of Phil's best for the conclusion of the series, so please don't be discouraged when we come to my own rather lame Lena Pry spankings (I'll try to get them out of the way soon). Yes, it's most exciting to see brand-new strip spankings, but these follow-ups are important two, and with Phil's new scans (plus a few of my own) I think they're well worth revisiting. 8-)

O.K., now for the January Spanking Search Report:

Pages searched: 2203
Total: 575046
Comic Spankings: 1

It's not that we're short of material, but I really would like to get caught up a bit on the Golden Age Search. For one thing, it takes time to keep backing up the 30,000 or so pages I haven't had time to look through yet. I am making some progress, but with the mailbox overflowing and the weekly site updates, it's an uphill battle. This month, only one spanking showed up, and it's not a good one:

1. Wonder Comics #13 (August 1947,Pines) F/M, Mother/Son, OTK, paddle – spanked for fighting with neighbors in 2-panel strip “Ya Just Can’t Win”. Wrong hand. By Jules Steiner.

The use of a paddle in the OTK position is a little unusual, but otherwise, this is pretty ordinary and of course of very little interest. It will be added to the DB shortly and as usual anyone wanting to see it can contact me by PM or email.

The Humorama Search continues also, but slowly and painfully. There are only 8 digests known to exist from the classic 1955-60 period that remain to be searched (with some others in the less-important 1961-81 period). I did locate one digest, and to my surprise I found a new, never-before-seen spanking cartoon by an obscure artist in it :D ! Why it was never reprinted (for so it seems) is a mystery, but we'll get to see it eventually.

O.K., that's enough for now - see you all here next week :) !
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!! Lulu Belle spanked by a Gorilla :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: this is a very interesting X comic spanking :o Lulu Belle have a nice large round spankable bottom too bad it have to take a Gorilla with a big mighty hand to spank it :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good over the knee with large rear up high :D :D :D the ending is exciting with the gorilla sating on her 8-) should have giving her bottom a few more hard smacks! Captain Easy is a true gentleman being he never hurt a woman only spank her :D :lol: :lol: :lol: and what a spanking he give Lola Fedora OUCH!!!! :lol: :lol: that thin little dress she wearing is no match for this spanking :lol: :lol: :lol: Great otk and after with the naughty Lola rubbing her burning tail :lol: :lol: :lol: GREAT Spanking From Captain Easy comics 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

If the spanking is foreplay Lulu may be disappointed to find that a gorilla's dick is a lot smaller than a man's. :geek:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I haven't had a lot if spare time to log on lately, but I wanted to comment on the latest batch of Captain Easy spankings.

I liked the Lola Fedora spanking the best... and what she says afterwards. while rubbing her bottom: "He geef me the spank. Oo how I scream! Oo how he spank!"

I liked the Sandra Ritzingham spanking too... especially with the surrounding panels. Now I know what led to the spanking, and what happened afterwards. Great story! I only wish the artist had drawn Ms. Ritzingham with a little plumper butt.

The Wolf Girl had a nicely-curved bottom... and a cute startled expression on her face when she found herself over the Captain's knee.

Lulu Belle was not drawn to be pretty, which takes away from the appeal of seeing her get spanked...(even though she does have some roundness to her punished bottom in the OTK panel!

Thanks to you, and to Sweetspot for finding these newspaper treasures!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I enjoyed the Captain Easy #4 spanking :D . First off, it's a good story line and our spankee had definitely been a naughty girl who deserved a good spanking, which is just the kind I like to see :D . I thought Crane did a pretty good job of showing us the spanking scene and the events leading up to it. I think he could have enhanced it if he had shown her face so we could see her facial expressions when she first realizes she's going to get a spanking and also during the spanking. I really like the OTK position but I thought this panel could have been further enhanced if she was kicking her legs. It's a pretty good panel showing the spanking but he failed to capture the action as well as he could have. I also liked the panel of her rubbing her bottom with a rather pensive expression on her face :lol: .

I was less impressed with Captain Easy #6. Again, the OTK position is really good with her rear end up high and the spanker holding her head way down. There is all kinds of action in this strip but again, there really isn't much in the spanking panel and again, we can't see the spankee's face during the spanking? I'm not big on non human spankers either. Still, both these are good finds and I enjoyed reading them :D . Thanks, Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

I've already pointed out in this Forum the similarities between the spanking in Amazing Mystery Funnies #24 [1940] and the one in the Wash Tubbs strip of October 31, 1932. Unfortunately I can't find my own post so I'll more succinctly place this information here since the subject on the main site is Captain Easy [Wash Tubbs eventually became Captain Easy as Cap's popularity surpassed Tubbs]. Evidently Lt. Lank writer/artist Paul J. Lauretta was one of the many admirers' of Roy Crane because it seems pretty obvious that he borrows somewhat freely from Crane's work on Wash Tubbs for his spanking scene. In Crane's strip Lola Fedora yells "Madre De Dios!" he's going to kill me. So she has beseeched the Mother of God to save her from being killed by Captain Easy whom she has betrayed. Easy agrees that Lola needs a mother's attention and instead of killing her he spanks her. :D
"You're a woman I'm going to be a mother to you" Lt. Lank likewise tells Queen Ursala eight years later. Like Crane, Lauretta uses the rather unusual word PLOP to describe the sound of hand hitting shapely female bottom. :)
WashTubbsOctober31,1932DETAIL.jpg
WashTubbsOctober31,1932DETAIL.jpg (54.2 KiB) Viewed 1918 times
What you need to know about Lt. Lank is here
:arrow: http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/co ... nking.html
While we're looking at this particular Web-Ed comic book find please note that when Queen Ursala cries out for help mid-spanking she appears to be appropriately crying "ASSistance! ASSASSin! :lol: That could just be wishful thinking ;)
amazing_mystery_funnies_no_24_lank_p5.jpg
amazing_mystery_funnies_no_24_lank_p5.jpg (414.1 KiB) Viewed 1918 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 02/09/2018

Post by web-ed »

The Comic Strip Series continues with:
  • Part 4 of our Captain Easy mini-series: Captain Easy #5, in which Easy spanks bad spy Helga.
  • Extra bonus feature: Sweetspot scans of Harold Teen #2 - Harold spanks the police chief's daughter!
O.K., this winds up the Captain Easy mini-series, so next week we can go on to other things. I'm still so overworked that I don't even know what to present next week, but it will definitely be something new (the Harold Teen spanking this week was already presented in this forum by Phil S. :ugeek: ).

I'm trying very hard to get to the mail, but I'm just overwhelmed. Doctor Cylon has been sending me new stuff and I'm a month behind just on downloading that! It appears the good Doctor has been more prolific over the years than any of us probably suspected - it looks like his works number in excess of 2000! The problem for me is that I have to download them, then check the files to see if they've already been posted, then rename them so similar items stay together, then file them in appropriate sub-folders. But it's worth it to see his unique approach to spanking material! :D And we will be seeing him regularly in CSR once again.

Anyway, I'll continue to soldier on, and perhaps I'll express a few of my concerns in April, our anniversary month. For now, please keep checking back every week because we do have a lot of strip spankings to cover! :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Captain Easy :lol: there`s nothing easy when it come to spanking the ladies :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: and this week drawing is HOT!!!! :D that little skimpy outfit our naughty female spy is wearing gives no protection from Captain Easy hard spanks Ouch :lol: :lol: :lol: the over the knee is great with her bottom sticking up high 8-) 8-) 8-) also like the after spanking with her rubbing her sore burning rear :D :D yes he is a Great Spanker :lol: :lol: :lol: Super Good Spanking in COMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG THUMBS UP to SweetSpot for this Exciting spanking from Harold Teen 8-) 8-) 8-) WOW!! the police Chief daughter is very curvy :D :D and have a nice big bottom just ripe for Harold`s firm hand :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wish I could see the build up leading toward the spanking. Anyway this is A GREAT Spanking from comic THANKS 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I see you saved the best for last on the Captain easy strip :D . I liked the well developed story and the fact that our spankee really earned her spanking :D . You already mentioned the good OTK position and I also thought that Crane captured the action of the spanking really well......kicking legs and flailing arms 8-) . Too bad we couldn't see her face. I also like the pensive look on our spankee's face as she ruefully rubs her sore bottom after the spanking :lol: . I also liked the fact that she runs after our hero, having fallen in love with the man who soundly spanked her bottom 8-) . In my opinion, the story unfolded just as it should have, from beginning to end :D .

Phil's new scan of the Harold Teen spanking is a welcome addition to the story :D . I like the way the spankee is kicking up a storm :lol: . Good updates. Thanks, Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Nice to see a grown woman Rosetta punished summarily for what in my time as a Cop was the felony of "Malicious Damage to Property." Even the child she was standing in for knew she had it coming. 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/16/2018

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Nice to see a grown woman Rosetta punished summarily for what in my time as a Cop was the felony of "Malicious Damage to Property." Even the child she was standing in for knew she had it coming. 8-)
Thanks, Willjohn! And sorry about not getting to the post here before you got to the updates - of course, it's 11 hours earlier (I think) where you are! :lol:

At least I got the DB updated. Still overwhelmed, but we press ever onward with the Comic Strip Series.

And for everyone else, here is the link to this week's update:

Adventures of Patsy #1

And next week, we'll have Adventures of Patsy #2, which interestingly took place only minutes after #1! Yes, Rosetta gets a second spanking over her shorts, this time by a handsome young man. You don't want to miss this one - new scans from Phil S. :ugeek: , Andre, and Robin!
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! Really like this week spanking from comic The Adventure Of Patsy 8-) and even though I have not seen Patsy get a spanking yet I`m happy to see a spoil grown daughter get taken in hand :D :D :D :D the over the knee in this comic is great as daddy soundly spanked his very beautiful daughter Rosetta hard what with the weird spanking sound :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: think Rosetta need a hair brush on her cute round bottom next time :lol: :lol: :lol: GREAT GREAT Spanking in comic!!!!
willjohn

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/16/2018

Post by willjohn »

web-ed wrote:
willjohn wrote:Nice to see a grown woman Rosetta punished summarily for what in my time as a Cop was the felony of "Malicious Damage to Property." Even the child she was standing in for knew she had it coming. 8-)
Thanks, Willjohn! And sorry about not getting to the post here before you got to the updates - of course, it's 11 hours earlier (I think) where you are! :lol:

Where I am (Sydney, NSW, Australia) it is 7.49am, Eastern Summer Time.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

Rosetta certainly deserved a good spanking for her tantrum and that makes this just the kind of spanking we like to see :D . I too liked the OTK position and especially the startled expression on her face. As spoiled as she obviously is, there's little doubt that she would have been startled indeed at this turn of events :lol: I also liked the irritated expression on his face, even if the cigar appears to be sticking out of his nose :lol: . Overall, I think this is a good depiction of the start of Rosetta's spanking although I found myself wishing for more definition in the way her bottom was drawn. Good update :D . Thanks, Phil