Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

this week's Doc Cylon contribution is certainly interesting considering the ages of the participants.............it kind of reminds me of the drawings Dan did about Tommy spanking Miss Johnson :D . i agree that Doc has found some good source material this time. i also agree about the expressions.............especially the look of shock and dismay on the spankee's face :D . i can see that Mr. Kringle doesn't care if it's her birthday or not :lol: of course, since she's not really putting up much of a struggle, maybe she doesn't either ;) . i can just tell that the new version of Miss Gulick's birthday spanking with the CSR gang ready and willing to do the spanking is gonna be my favorite :D . i couldn't help but notice that our fearless leader is the first one in line :lol: . so Alfred spanks Catwoman :D...................... who said that good help was hard to find :lol: . it's too bad they didn't show the spanking but still the idea is there and at least we know she got it :D . i liked the supervillainess spanking. i agree with your observations about the spanking and would add that while the expression on the spanker's face is a bit sparse, she still appears to be mad. the spankee's expression is much better and she is obviously somewhat terrified at the whole process and in a great deal of distress :D . another good batch of updates. thanks for all of them and particular thanks for the altered "CSR" version of Miss Gulick's birthday spanking. if it wasn't for my grand kids running around here frequently, i might have used this for the wallpaper on my computer :D . phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Phil wrote:

this week's Doc Cylon contribution is certainly interesting considering the ages of the participants.............it kind of reminds me of the drawings Dan did about Tommy spanking Miss Johnson.

Thanks for remembering Tommy and Miss Johnson, Phil. When I began drawing cartoons of a young guy spanking a good-looking older teacher, I thought I must be the only person who could ever have such "perverted" thoughts. Boy, was I wrong!

Turns out, there is a thriving cottage industry in such toons. Dave Wolfe has given us some pics of a babysitter (nice-looking girl, natch) getting spanked by her young charge. Also, Nik Zula seems to specialize in that type of drawing.

It is utterly tantalizing to imagine oneself (if you're a guy) putting an older gal over your knee and whaling away. I did that, when I was a teenager, but of course the lady was only two years older than I. Still a big thrill.

Again, thanks for remembering.

Cheers,
Dan
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

I loved the Doc Cylon too. Can imagine it being a young man spanking his female boss at work. Or a college student spanking his female professor. Or maybe a "cougar" who picked up a young man at a bar is receiving a long-overdue spanking.Or the young man is spanking an older woman who lives in his apartment building and who has been coming on to him-and gets a surprise that she finds she enjoys, even though it may mean sitting on a pillow for awhile!
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

True, but it does seem a shame that the lady has no left leg.

Cheers,
Dan
Last edited by daneldorado on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Wolfe

Post by Dave Wolfe »

web-ed wrote: ...I think the evidence I've amassed is pretty conclusive. ;)
Well, sorry, Web-ed, but no, all that that really proves is that there were no spankings depicted in those particular comics.

People not obsessed with spanking-- and there are some, poor slobs!-- won't think about it one way or the other.

If it occurs to them to include it for humor, say, they might; if it doesn't, or they think it might be distasteful to their target audience, they won't put it in. Very simple.

There are lots of reasons for not featuring spankings that have absolutely nothing to do with Outside Powers. For instance, I've done a huge batch of WolfieToons without any actual spanking, because it was more erotic or funnier to evoke the reader's imagination in that instance.

But, never mind, I know that no one fond of any conspiracy theory can be dissuaded, so we'll agree to disagree here, and I'll comment on other stuff!

Like, thanks for digging up and presenting all the cartoons from the mens' digests!
Wolfie138

Post by Wolfie138 »

Your unknown OTK pencil art is from (yet another) artist called Wolf. he has a couple books out, and i've mentioned him to ed before
http://nakedjustice.com/Galleries/Hall- ... /i002.html

does lovely spanking/nudie superheroine stuff but far too much rape/misogynistic-feeling stuff and i kinds went off him.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Nice update! I especially liked the better scan of the Mr. Kringle one. I wasn't going to mention anything about the hair on the guys lining up for Miss Gulick's birthday spanking... but since Dan already spoke up to say that the character labeled with his name didn't have enough to accurately represent him, I might as well point out that I have more hair than the character you labled as "b00m", and most of it is white! Same goes for my brother. Hahahaha!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 06/01/2012

Post by web-ed »

On this week's Doc Cylon younger man/older woman spanking:
overbarrel49 wrote:this week's Doc Cylon contribution is certainly interesting considering the ages of the participants.............it kind of reminds me of the drawings Dan did about Tommy spanking Miss Johnson :D
Tanner wrote:Can imagine it being a young man spanking his female boss at work. Or a college student spanking his female professor. Or maybe a "cougar" who picked up a young man at a bar is receiving a long-overdue spanking.Or the young man is spanking an older woman who lives in his apartment building and who has been coming on to him-and gets a surprise that she finds she enjoys, even though it may mean sitting on a pillow for awhile!
daneldorado wrote:it does seem a shame that the lady has no left leg.... It is utterly tantalizing to imagine oneself (if you're a guy) putting an older gal over your knee and whaling away. I did that, when I was a teenager, but of course the lady was only two years older than I. Still a big thrill.
This one came in with the name "spank badmommy" but Tanner came up with plenty of fun and erotic scenarios that don't involve a son/mother scene, and I didn't want to emphasize that name because I thought it might turn some people off. Actually, my belief is that it would be far healthier psychologically for the son to spank the mother than the other way around, but of course that's not the way it generally occurs.

Phil reminds me that giving credit where credit is due, Dan is very probably the originator of this idea in a spanking cartoon with his Tommy and Miss Johnson. Good as they were, none of the Humorama artists ever thought of this (Bill Ward did a peculiar mother/son one that I'm not going to post). SP Anka along with Dave Wolfe and Nik Zula has done some interesting work along this line, but years after "Tommy and Miss Johnson". Dan is right, of course, about the spankee's left leg - I guess it was lost in the unusual solid black background.

We're also all in agreement about the thrill of what Dan calls "putting an older gal over your knee and whaling away". Alas, as I have observed before, I fear that for most of us who post on this board our days of being able to find any women older than ourselves may be pretty well behind us (so to speak), although come to think of it I did spank a woman earlier this year who probably had ten years on me! We may have to settle for spanking 20-something swimsuit models in the future :lol: .

On Miss Gulick's birthday spanking:
Dave Wolfe wrote:But, never mind, I know that no one fond of any conspiracy theory can be dissuaded, so we'll agree to disagree here, and I'll comment on other stuff! Like, thanks for digging up and presenting all the cartoons from the mens' digests!
Dave - it's cool. I love my conspiracy theories, and I always figured you for a member of the Knights Templar anyway! ;)
hugob00m wrote:Nice update! I especially liked the better scan of the Mr. Kringle one. I wasn't going to mention anything about the hair on the guys lining up for Miss Gulick's birthday spanking... but since Dan already spoke up to say that the character labeled with his name didn't have enough to accurately represent him, I might as well point out that I have more hair than the character you labled as "b00m", and most of it is white! Same goes for my brother. Hahahaha!
Everyone liked this one, too. By an interesting coincidence, while many of you were shortchanged in the hair department by my selection of the characters assigned to you, the character I assigned to myself has more hair than I do - not sure how that happened. ;)

On the unknown super-villainess spanking:
Wolfie138 wrote:Your unknown OTK pencil art is from (yet another) artist called Wolf. he has a couple books out, and i've mentioned him to ed before
Indeed you have Wolfie, and once again I'm in your debt. As a matter of fact, I did mentally note the resemblance to that earlier work of Catwoman spanking Batgirl but I wasn't sure, and I had that "Morpheus" notation in my records for some reason. The page has now been updated to reflect the information you provided. Thanks again. :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 06/08/2012

Post by web-ed »

I was a busy bee this week and have 7 updates which I hope you'll like. Super-Spanking Summer II is in full "swing" now, and my plan is to bring you one scene from the "Batman Family" of characters plus something else every week. This week the connection to Batman is somewhat obscure with Jenna's Bane/Scandal spanking, but we'll be seeing Batman, Batgirl, and the usual gang of suspects most of the time. Kirk Stiles' "Spanking Optometrist" begins a new mini-series of his work which will take us through July as part of the larger Humorama Series.

For links to the updates please visit the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other forum page.
  • Our favorite piece by Endart also caught Doctor Cylon's eye, and we'll see how he completely recolored and animated it.
  • Humorama update: New version of Dan DeCarlo's "Nurse Smiley spanked". Still don't have a really good scan, though.
  • Humorama Series #92 - An optometrist uses an unusual eye chart whose bottom line forces a female patient to bend far over in order to read it, and when she does - whacko! It's her bottom on the line! Brand-new scan from my collection of another cartoon that Dan Rivera recently posted on this Forum.
  • Super-Spanking Summer II continues with one of the best F/F scenes from an actual comic book in the past twenty years as Lady Death spanks Pariah to the point of apologetic tears! I've held this one back a couple of weeks now because I think I'm close to getting a copy of the original comic, but I finally decided not to hold it back again. Of course I'll update it when I do get that copy.

It's an excellent scene with its only drawback being that it's F/F. Dan mentioned recently that unless both Top and Bottom in a F/F scene were switches, he felt that the Top was usurping the male's role. I guess I've always felt the same way even though I've never put it like that, because every time I see a F/F spanking I want to spank the female "top" to make sure she understands the order of dominance and knows just who the "alpha" figure is! In this case, I really want Lady Death over my knee or bending over for my paddle :) I don't think Lady Death was ever spanked herself though, so this delightful idea will have to remain the stuff of fantasy - or commissions.

If anyone else (of the male sex) wants to chime in here, please do. How do you feel about F/F spankings?
  • More Super-Spanking Summer II: One super-villain spanks another in Jenna's Bane spanks Scandal.
  • Video Extra 1: This is another one that Robin pointed me towards. Jarrod threatens an unruly client with a spanking on The Big Valley. But the big fool wimps out, disappointing us all. :(
  • Video Extra 2: To ease our disappointment with Jarrod for not carrying out his threat, we also have an actual M/F bar paddling in which Melissa gets one good swat. :D
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Nice collection this week, Web-ed. You do an expert job in mixing the greatest pics with those are not so, er, great.

The panel attributed to endart is appealing enough in its own way. Doc Cylon has added a background by way of Layers in the Photoshop system, but in my oh so humble opinion the pic is better off without all that ornate nonsense on the back wall. Better yet is the unadorned pic of milady in the bent-over position, obediently taking her swats. Good coloring by the Doc.

The "Nurse Smiley" toon has been around forever, and Web-ed's primary purpose is bringing us the best, brightest, clearest scans of it. You've made great strides in this regard, just as you have for other Dan DeCarlo spanking toons. Here you post two of the best I've ever seen.

The Kirk Stiles toon with the eye chart is one of the most audacious spanking drawings ever, although it shows us no spanking at all. Surely the optometrist doesn't expect to "get away" with whacking his comely patient on her delicious rear end, even though she is reading the line that says: "S-P-A-N-K-M-E." But it sure looks as if he's going to try. I would be all for it, if not for the fact that when his swat lands, he is sure to push his patient's face into the wall, sustaining multiple contusions and probably landing him in hot water with the law. When it comes to unexpected and even unprovoked spankings, I much prefer the lady to be lying comfortably across the man's lap, so that even if he swats her bottom cheeks hard, there will be no lasting damage, and possibly even a ladylike "thank you" when it's over :D

And that brings us to the cream of the crop, this week: The excellent cartoon by Richard Ortiz showing Lady Death giving a superb OTK spanking to a pretty girl known, for some reason, as Pariah. The artistry in this pic is unexcelled, and drawn with real passion. I would love to see the original comic -- in its entirety -- but I guess that it isn't in your files. Anyway, Lady Death's long (VERY long) hair is styled perfectly, and her repentant captive is just as beautiful, though her long locks are not to be compared to her punisher's magificent crowning glory. The OTK pose is close to perfect, though I agree with you that Pariah's body should be an inch or two farther to her tormentor's left.

In all, Web-ed, a great bunch of pics to launch your Super-Spanking Summer II.

Cheers,
Dan
Last edited by daneldorado on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!! GLAD TO BE BACK FROM SOME TIME OFF!! :lol: First off what really make me mad is movies or tv and comic that builds up to be a spanking and all of a sudden the guy wimp out and do something else like in the video clip you have from The big Valley :x :x This could have been a great spanking scene but for some dumb reason the writer decided to let Jarrod chicken out after threating to give this pretty woman what she really needed and toss her in a troth full of water :x not only was this stupid the poor woman almost hit her head when toss in that thing :x i believe this scene would have been better if the woman was trying to escape her punishment and fell in the water soaking her tight jeans only to be pulled out by Jarrod who then turns her over his knees and spanks her wet bottom! :lol: Spanking threat are nice but they also frustrating :x remember an episode of Daniel Boone where a beautiful woman who was fighting to save her father`s land from a greedy buyer who turns out to be her husband not only threating to give her a spanking he put her over his shoulder carrying almost into the house to do what he said only to be stop by Daniel Boone :x This was indeed a shame! I rather see a spanking take place off scene than a threat anytime!!! The one swat of Melissa was nice :D wish her bottom was smack more! As always Doctor Cylon do a great job adding his magic touch to other people art 8-) This time Endart Detective spanking interrogation. Love the way the woman is bent over with her dress hike up and panties roll down :lol: this is also great being that she looks like a classy lady out of a 40s or 50s Detetive movie big hat and all :D What I do :lol: wish is that Doctor Cylon had used a paddle to get her to confess ! I bet she would have sung louder once that piece of wood landed on her pamper backside :lol: anyway nice color and great job :lol: Was this a real spanking in a comic Book? I`am speaking of the spanking of Pariaha in Lady Death :?: I do hope to see the whole panel leading up to the spanking some day! Anyway as much as I want to love this spanking i can`t get over how pose and stiff this drawing is :| The otk position is good wish the artist gave Pariaha a much rounder bottom push up high on Lady Death knees! Also I wish to have seen the spankee struggling and fighting her spanker for shaming and humiliating her like this plus it would have been nice to see some stars or line of flame coming from Pariaha`s tush :lol: EVEN the ending seem so weak with the spankee vowing for revenge it looks like she enjoyed the spanking being she didn`t but up much of a fight to stop it :oops: Love the gag from the Eye doctor who made the woman bend over to read the last line on the eye chart!Great humor from Kirk Stiles also a good drawing :lol: Like how the woman is wearing a long tight skirt showing off her plump bottom plus I love how the Eye Doctor can`t wait to smack her bottom :lol: I would to with such a large thing like that bent over a tempting :lol: Dan Decarlo`s Spanking of Nurse Smiley is good llike the old fashion nurse`s uniform she is wearing . Too bad nurses today don`t dress like this no more :( Good otk position and the spanker is spanking with the right hand :D Nurse Smiley don`t have to worry about the Doctor`s hand being cold for to long :lol: The drawing of Bane spanks Scandal is ok nice that he spanking her bare bottom but he is so big with small hands :lol: Wish to have seen him spank Batgirl instead! :lol: ;)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

nice drawing by Endart as usual. not only do i like the position but also the spankee's expression..........complete with a tear :D . Doc Cylon has a good eye for a spankable bottom as always. he does a nice job coloring her bottom but i didn't think it was "as good" as some of his other works. many of the Doc Cylon colored pics you have posted recently seemed to me to have just the right coloring to indicate that her bottom is stinging and sizzling. this one just seemed less so to me. anyone else have a comment about that? nice, clear copy of the nurse smiley cartoon :D . i'm with you all the way about her panties, garter belt and hose. it just gives the drawing a classier, sexier look ;) . i think you've hit the nail right on the head about a nurse spanking being a great fantasy too :D . i thought your line of reasoning about the captions was interesting too. it would be really interesting to see what the original caption was and i hope we run across it someday. i never did understand why someone would use a cartoon done by someone else and remove his signature from it...............sigh. i like the Stiles optometrist spanking too although i would have liked it better if she had been wearing a short skirt that would have ridden up in the back exposing the seat of her panties. i guess this drawing is too old for skirts to be that short though. that's one of the reasons i miss the late 60s and early 70s :lol: . i liked the Lady Death spanks Pariah drawing. even though it is F/F, i think it is well done over all. i have to agree with Butch that it would have been nice if Pariah had been struggling more but still, the otk position is good. i thought the tears were a nice touch too. i liked the follow up pic too and i'd have to agree that such pics are pretty scarce in comics. good find. i certainly have to agree with you that Bane is big enough to give Scandal a spanking. he'd have to be careful though in order to avoid breaking her in half :lol: . i've seen quite a few stories on tv that had a big build up to what should have been a spanking and then................nothing. it's a pisser :x . Melissa did indeed take her swat gracefully and with a big smile afterward as she rubbed her spank spot :D i have to wonder just how long that smile would have lasted if there had been 20 swats instead :lol: . another great batch of updates :D . thanks, phil
Wolfie138

Post by Wolfie138 »

Re last week's mystery other Wolf artist : i'm pretty sure "morpheus" was a psuedonym at some point, or a project he was attached to. i can't honestly recall, but the two names are linked for me too.

lady death is indeed from a one-off issue called The Wicked. it's garbage, compared to the early LD comics that came from Chaos, smacking of a lame attempt to try and titillate readers. LD used to be a girl who would ruthlessly destroy any enemy and now she give a lame (panties still up?!) spanking that barely raises a glow.
if you particularly want to read it, a few of the download/share sites have it, or ebay will probably have copies. other than that, when it comes to LD and spanking, i'll stick w/ this aspect
:-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 06/08/2012

Post by web-ed »

A nice flurry of comments from all of you as Butch returns to the scene!

On the two videos:
Butch wrote:First off what really make me mad is movies or tv and comic that builds up to be a spanking and all of a sudden the guy wimp out and do something else like in the video clip you have from The big Valley :x :x This could have been a great spanking scene but for some dumb reason the writer decided to let Jarrod chicken out after threatening to give this pretty woman what she really needed
Yes, this was a huge disappointment to all of us, including (I'm sure) Robin, who put me wise to it in the first place. I've done some of these before, including that one from The Man from UNCLE, which would have been excellent if David McCallum had not been interrupted, and at least in that one, he didn't wimp out like Jarrod did - if not for that call on his communicator, he'd have gone ahead with the spanking. Maybe I shouldn't do these non-spankings any more - good spanking scenes from television (and even real life videos) are hard to find, but worth seeing; more disappointments in life are probably the last thing any of us needs now.

A word on format: I continue to edit any videos I decide to post, removing what I see as extraneous material (and plastering "Chicago Spanking Review" all over them, of course). I also change them from whatever format they're in (typically FLV, or "flash") into WMV (Windows Media). It's not that I'm a Microsoft partisan (in fact, this format doesn't work with my own preferred browser, Firefox), but I know that this format will work for the 60% or so of CSR readers who browse with Internet Explorer, and that all Windows users can download the videos to their home computers and play them there. I use WMV because RealPlayer is on the way out, I dislike MP4 and QuickTime (and not everyone has the QuickTime player installed) AVI is too large, FLV itself requires that you have your own flash player which not everyone does, and MPEG-2 is difficult to convert to (from FLV), although it would allow any standard DVD Player installed on your computer to play it. I've also had Codec (encode/decode) problems when trying to convert to AVI, which everyone could play (but it's too large, and it makes little sense to go from a compressed format into the full-sized AVI).

I'm hoping MAC users are managing somehow, but if anyone is having real trouble with the WMV format, I'd be happy to listen to alternatives. As long as you're using Windows IE, the embedded player should work if you have ActiveX controls enabled, which you can control yourself (ActiveX controls are used by IE for players and some other embedded objects).

On the Endart/Cylon "Nice Interrogation, Detective":
Butch wrote:Love the way the woman is bent over with her dress hike up and panties roll down :lol: this is also great being that she looks like a classy lady out of a 40s or 50s Detetive movie big hat and all :D
daneldorado wrote:Doc Cylon has added a background by way of Layers in the Photoshop system, but in my oh so humble opinion the pic is better off without all that ornate nonsense on the back wall. Better yet is the unadorned pic of milady in the bent-over position, obediently taking her swats. Good coloring by the Doc.
overbarrel49 wrote:many of the Doc Cylon colored pics you have posted recently seemed to me to have just the right coloring to indicate that her bottom is stinging and sizzling. this one just seemed less so to me.
All of you made valid observations, especially considering you didn't see the original version (normally if I have it, I post it, but in this case I held it back). This was indeed supposed to represent a classy lady out of a 40s or 50s Detective movie, taken down a peg with some bare-bottom chastisement. Dan covered the technique used, while Phil opined that he didn't think the bottom-coloring was quite as good as some of Doc Cylon's other efforts. As a matter of fact, Doc usually colors black & white material, but this time, since Endart did the piece in color (his usual format), Doc had the more difficult task of re-coloring it completely, and I think that's the difference here.

Finally, we come to Lady Death spanks Pariah, which caused widely differing reactions among you:
overbarrel49 wrote:i liked the Lady Death spanks Pariah drawing. even though it is F/F, i think it is well done over all.
butch wrote:Was this a real spanking in a comic Book? I`am speaking of the spanking of Pariaha in Lady Death :?: I do hope to see the whole panel leading up to the spanking some day! Anyway as much as I want to love this spanking i can`t get over how pose and stiff this drawing is :|
daneldorado wrote:I would love to see the original comic -- in its entirety -- but I guess that it isn't in your files.
wolfie138 wrote:lady death is indeed from a one-off issue called The Wicked. it's garbage, compared to the early LD comics that came from Chaos, smacking of a lame attempt to try and titillate readers. LD used to be a girl who would ruthlessly destroy any enemy and now she give a lame (panties still up?!) spanking that barely raises a glow.
I try to create new pages for CSR in a smooth, efficient manner, at least to the extent possible given that I'm often forced to work on them with very little sleep. I have occasional trouble, but rarely have things gone so far awry as they did with Lady Death / Pariah. The main problem was that my background research took a long time. I don't mind spending time on these things - that's one of the things that sets CSR apart, when you come down to it - but I ended up being kind of rushed this time. My own fault, of course - no one's forcing me to do this many updates per week, and it would be better to cut down on the number than compromise the quality - but I really thought I could pull this one off and decided not to delay it for what would have been the third time. Being short on time then led to other problems:

1. I was able to locate a copy of the book, as Wolfie suggested, in a comics shop and ordered it. But it didn't arrive in time for the update, and I'm still waiting for it...
2. Without a copy, I couldn't give more context for the spanking. (I wanted to show more and will once I finally get the book, and yes, Butch, this was from an actual comic book. Remember, though, I can't bring it to you in its entirety because it is still under copyright, unlike, say, those old romance comic spankings).
3. In the back of my mind, I thought I remembered that Wolfie had done some Lady Death spankings, but looked for them in the wrong place and couldn't include links to them on the page, when they were here on this Forum all along (see "More Super-Spanking Notions" on the Comic Book forum) - yeesh! Sorry about that, Wolfie. Here now are where you can find them:
Lady Death Spanked #1 by Wolfie
Lady Death Spanked #2 by Wolfie

It must be said that both of these spankings are far more imaginative in their composition than the one in the comic, and they have the additional advantage of having Lady Death on the receiving end - and with her panties down! The one you attached to your post is excellent too, Wolfie - I loved the contrast of Lady Death's white complexion and her glowing buttocks! :)

Wolfie and Butch are more critical of this work than Dan and I, but I'm not going to wade any deeper into that question because Lady Death seems to be bad luck for me! I will, however, update the page with more excerpts when I finally get my hands on them.
-- Web-Ed
Wolfie138

Post by Wolfie138 »

bud, i wasn't intending to dis your efforts at all, if it came out that way. my comments on LD were taken as a past fan of about 15 years : i'm coloured by the fall of a character i liked by an artist i hold as one of the best ever (Steven Hughes) to one who's a lame parody of herself using the crassest "sex sells" attempts to boost sales.
i can see a non-fan would be taken by an OTK shot in a modern comic for the novelty factor, even though it's very badly done (panties still up? no action to the pose at all to suggest struggling or kicking that would warrant the "hold still" comment? what's LD's hand doing way up there?!). to me, it's just a lame attempt to titillate, as w/ their "crotch in your face" covers and the like. it's totally out of character for LD, where as it would be totally fitting for Purgatori (you might've noticed her distinct Bettie-Page look, eg, and the fact her favoured weapon is a whip).

anyhow, thanks for the comments on my own efforts (and signing the guest book!). i'm certainly not knocking the site or your work, i'm just speaking as an angry fan. if you ever flick through some of the earlier Chaos! Comics LD stuff like The Crucible etc you might realise why this avatar version annoys me. and that's not even going into all the back history of how she ended up there, either....
BTW, there's a few more of those tanned LD pics on Spanking Panels
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Lady Death

Post by web-ed »

No problem, Wolfie - I didn't think you were criticizing my efforts at all. I was sort of criticizing myself for not having done a more thorough job on this one, but it was really more a case of a series of mishaps and an approaching deadline than editorial negligence on my part. I finally got a copy of The Wicked today, by the way, and after reading the whole thing, I have to agree with you - it is garbage! You have obviously followed Lady Death more closely and more seriously than any of the rest of us here (I barely knew who she was and I'll bet many others had never even heard of her), so I welcome your interest, enthusiasm, knowledge, and disapproval of how Avatar has handled the character. I may take a look at a few of the earlier Chaos Comics issues sometime.

As to the spanking itself, I was so taken by actually having a scene like this in a recent comic, and with pretty good OTK positioning, that I overlooked its shortcomings, including LD not taking Eva's (Pariah's) panties down, which she certainly should have. Considering that she runs around bare-bottomed herself throughout this issue, there was certainly no reason for her (or Avatar) to be concerned about Eva's modesty! If you don't know anything about the characters and only have the spanking panel to go by, I think it does look pretty good.

And now that I have the complete issue, we'll see a few more panels that preceded the spanking in a few weeks when I hope to get around to updating the page.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 06/15/2012

Post by web-ed »

For links to the updates please visit the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other forum page.
  • Ariel experiences school corporal punishment thanks to Superintendant Doctor Cylon.
  • Humorama update: New version of "Hef Spanks" by Kirk Stiles. I've nailed the date of this one down too.
  • Humorama Series #93 - The Kirk Stiles mini-series continues with "Don't Spare the Rod" as a husband learns this is good advice when dealing with his wife.
  • Super-Spanking Summer II continues with Batman spanks Catwoman by Adam Hughes, and
  • Two Endart Xena spankings: one in which she gives, and yes, one in which she receives the spanking! I had slated this one for Comics Gallery 1 when I realized it should probably go in the Picture Gallery instead, causing me to do some last-second recoding a few minutes ago. The Home Page link does seem to work, I'm glad to say, since I can barely keep my eyes open as I write this and I'm in no mood to troubleshoot HTML just now. Whatever gallery it goes in, I'm really glad to see Xena finally get the hairbrush!
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The woman in the Endart sketch that you identified as Pamela Lee bore a resemblance to Endart's well spanked heroine Pamalee Henderson, who in turn had been modeled on "actress" Pamela Anderson.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

the Guernica drawing that is the subject Doc Cylon chose this time is certainly a fun concept :D . as you noted, the otk position is somewhere between peculiar and impossible. i do love her expression of dismay and disbelief though...............as you mentioned, she didn't have a clue what was about to happen :D . the couple in the "Hef spanks" drawing do indeed look relaxed and comfortable. i agree that his crossed leg position would probably have been uncomfortable but it certainly helps convey the relaxed atmosphere of this drawing and i have a hunch it was probably drawn this way intentionally just for that purpose. this one just makes you feel that a good time will be had by all :D . thanks for getting us the date on this one as well as the Hef history. the Stiles, "spare the rod" cartoon is very interesting and i thought pretty arousing too. you mentioned that her arm being pinned behind her back indicated the struggle and it seemed to me that her hair was flying around a little bit too and i was wondering of the bra straps might not be an indication of this too. he might have intensified this effect by having her legs kicking although the way he has drawn it does show the outline of her bottom pretty well. he seems to be well satisfied with the whole proceeding. her expression seems less clear to me. perhaps she is gritting her teeth? anyway, i find both the idea of this one and the drawing to be pretty exciting :D . i like the camera angle of the Hughes Catwoman spanking. the curves of her bottom outlined by the contrast with the background make this really suggestive although i would have preferred more meat on the aforementioned bottom :lol: . again, i am not sure about the expression on her face but along with the fact that she has done this before, makes me wonder if she's not having a strong sexual reaction to this spanking ;) . i've always enjoyed drawings by Endart. in the first one you have posted i think your analysis is right on the money. the only thing i would add is that i love Gabrielle's expression................not only does it hurt but also that look of dread makes it clear that she knows it's gonna hurt even more :D . i love the change in the expression on Xena's face as her role changes from spanker to spankee :lol: . more great updates :D . thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed:

Nifty toon with Ariel, as a human and with very human legs, gets spanked in a classroom by... well, you don't really say. Is it her teacher, is it her principal, or is it just a horny guy who works around the school? From the casual clothes he wears, I'd venture to say he's not a school official. But really... does it matter? Not one whit. A girl as pretty as Ariel is always fair game for a good, OTK spanking!

The "Hef Spanks" toon is just delicious. Though I've seen it before, I never realized that the artist was trying to simulate the "real" Hugh Hefner. But I guess it's obvious. As you say, the spanker's crossed legs are atypical of this pose, but both spanker and spankee seem very confident in what they are doing, and if anything, I'd say the girl wants "MORE!"

The Kirk Stiles "don't spare the rod" cartoon is new to me. Here, the OTK positioning is perfect, and the lady seems to be enjoying her "ordeal." You say the spankee's arm is being pinned behind her back to indicate her struggles... but WHAT struggles? This is the OTK drawing of my fantasies. A pretty girl is put over the knee of a handsome man, gets spanked soundly, and doesn't seem to mind one bit. I always loved this scenario in real life. Here, she has lost one bra strap and is in the process of losing the other... but that's just Kirk Stiles, dealing with bosoms in his own way. A winner, to be sure.

Not so the following toon, showing Batman spanking Catwoman. Here, the artist (Adam Hughes?) could have used a more standard OTK positioning, but instead chose to display the "spanking" with CW's face in the foreground, and only a suggestion of what comes next. WHERE, for example, are her FEET? You suggest this artwork could have been done by commission, and if so, I sure hope the buyer liked it.

As for the wrapup drawings in your excellent new update, I stand second to none in my admiration for endart and his artwork. But the two "Xena" spankings are both F/F, so they are automatically disqualified as downloads for my files. Good art, though. I already have several of endart's M/F drawings, so I can't complain too much.

Neat updates, Web-ed.

Cheers,
Dan