Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/21/2017

Post by web-ed »

As usual, I'm running late on everything due to outside pressures, but I'm glad to say this week's updates are ready anyway! Now let's see if I can next week's done on time...
  • CSR Anniversary Special: we present Part 2 of our three-part examination of Birthday Spankings - this week a Nik Zula cartoon, another photo from Richard Windsor, an old-time birthday paddling we can't identify, and a modern video of three birthday bar paddlings!
  • The Comic Strip Series continues as we present part three of a four-part presentation, the Oaky Doaks spanking storyline!
Next Week: The cataclysmic conclusion of CSR's month-long 13th-Anniversary celebration as The Comic Strip Series continues with the last of four installments featuring the Oaky Doaks spanking storyline and we conclude another series with "A Tribute to Birthday Spankings - Part 3" in which we focus on a very special sub-category of birthday spankings - don't miss it! :)
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by Sweetspot »

To Whom It May Concern:
ellis1.jpg
ellis1.jpg (42.73 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
Joe E. Brown gives Patricia Ellis a birthday spanking on the set of Bright Lights in 1935.
- Research by Richard Windsor(posted photo) me (identified Joe E Brown..."Well, nobody's perfect :lol: .) and Chross (identifying movie).

Phil S.
Chief of Strip Research
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

TVStoreOnLine.com interviews actress Hope Holiday and I quote directly from her.
HOLIDAY:  A lot! I'm tell you why.  Every time that I slapped him--I really gave it all my energy.  I never meant to hurt him.   But after it was over--his face was all red, and he went back to his dressing room to sulk.  He was really upset with me.    There's a photograph of Jerry and myself from the shooting of the scene in THE LADIES' MAN where he had a paddle that reads "The Not Listening Stick".  He hit me on the fanny with that and he hit me hard.  I think he did it to get back at me.  He was annoyed with me.   Afterward, he pulled me aside and said, "Do you not like me?"  I said, "Jerry, of course I do. I'm acting. I'm not trying to hurt you."  While we were shooting the scene--the second time we did it, I hit him so hard that when I slapped him I swung myself around.
jerry_lewis___hope_holiday_1961__the_ladies_man__by_slr1238-d7sk3hs.jpg
jerry_lewis___hope_holiday_1961__the_ladies_man__by_slr1238-d7sk3hs.jpg (40.04 KiB) Viewed 2144 times
Phil S.
Chief of Strip Research

Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Oaky Doaks Bonus Material #3 - :o

The Saturday October 16th 1943 Oaky Doaks strip from a better scan.
OakyDoaksOctober16,1943.png
OakyDoaksOctober16,1943.png (52.24 KiB) Viewed 2142 times
I grabbed my first scan of this particular strip from a paper that used the Saturday strip on the following Sunday [the next day]. But seven months later I noticed that the panels actually printed on Saturday the 16th were much better as a group.

When a male, Oaky Doaks, took Merlin's famous hate potion he responded by spanking every woman he came across. Keeping that in mind we ponder this strip from a year later. What does a female do when a potion causes her to hate all males? Rolling pin, sock in the eye, withholds her...ah favors? :?:
OakydoaksSeptember26,1944.png
OakydoaksSeptember26,1944.png (41.72 KiB) Viewed 2142 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/21/2017

Post by web-ed »

Wow, Phil, I don't know what to say :o . I don't know how you manage to pull these things off. Now I'll have to stay up after midnight to add the Ellis photo to the page before the weekend crowd sees it, but it's worth it to have the explanation. With the Oaky new scans I'm trying to add the relevant ones to the page as quickly as I can. All I can say is thanks once again for your tireless efforts and I'll do my best to keep up with you :) .
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/21/2017

Post by web-ed »

I was too tired to address The Ladies Man last night, so let's get to it now. I don't remember the film and didn't know Jerry Lewis kept a paddle around - my respect for him has just increased :lol: ! So Hope Holiday got a good swat with that paddle? I'm glad to hear it :lol: ! Of course this picture's basic relevance here in this topic is its resemblance to the Joe E. Brown/Patricia Ellis birthday paddling in the "Birthday Spankings" article that was updated this week and in which Phil S. identified Brown, who looked a little like Hume Cronyn to me!

Jerry Lewis is still with us at the age of 91, having outlived his former partner Dean Martin by 20 years now. The "Not Listening Stick" raises the interesting question of whether Lewis was at all into spanking or whether he simply thought of it as a good gag (think how many "gag" paddles have been manufactured over the years - actually, I've got a future special on them planned but we need to focus on comic strips right now). Given the dearth of any spanking stories involving Lewis, I'm inclined to the latter view. One unusual mention of Lewis and spanking does exist, and I posted it a few years ago over on the main site. Here it is, for any CSR readers who have forgotten or perhaps never seen it: Jerry Lewis spanks Vampirella by the Israeli artist Yatz - cool idea! 8-)
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:The Comic Strip Series continues as we present part three of a four-part presentation, the Oaky Doaks spanking storyline!
I'm enjoying this one! Until seeing another Oaky Doaks strip that you posted earlier, I was not aware of the character.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!! The Oaky Doaks Spanking Story Line is unreal 8-) :D I`m enjoying every panel :D :D :lol: this artist have to be a TRUE SPANKO to make up a story like this :twisted: and the present it in a Mainstream comic strip WOW 8-) 8-) :!: wish a artist writer today would do a remake with the hero spanking naughty modern day women we know who they are :lol: :twisted: GREATEST COMIC STRIP Series EVERY 8-) 8-) 8-) :!: Love the vintage Birthday spanking Photos the one with the girl otk is Hot! what a large paddle he have :twisted: :lol: :lol: Also the Gag in Nik Zula drawing is funny love to see the look on the girl`s face when she sees that paddle she will be the one singing :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: THANKS!
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

The sign says something like "Don't sit on the rock!" it definitely includes DON'T or DO NOT SIT ROCK so I'm assuming the on the part. Or it could be Don't sit, sacred or holy rock! But it's the non-practicing Jewish guy Jerry Lewis who is sitting on the rock. So is that the gag, the fact that Vampirella is being spanked but it's Jerry who's breaking the law? Did Vampirella sit on the rock forcing Jerry to take action. Perhaps Vampirella is being spanked for inappropriate dress [use the woman standing nearby for comparison] but for that matter where's Jerry's yamika because this location is the, sacred to three major faith groups, Dome of the Rock.

Just how many different kinds of "gag" paddles could be found backstage in old Hollywood? I didn't explain why I selected this moment to display the Jerry Lewis spanking story but yes it was because of the Hollywood and paddle connection. The photo I had seen at Erica Scott's site, her family had a working connection to Jerry Lewis and she has more than one Lewis story [that's not revealing anything she hasn't already made known and posted about], but the background information provided by Hope Holiday I don't believe has ever landed on a spanking site until now.
Phil S.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/28/2017

Post by web-ed »

The cataclysmic conclusion of CSR's month-long 13th-Anniversary celebration! :D (For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review Home Page" at the top of this page.)
  • CSR Anniversary Special: we present Part 3 of our three-part examination of Birthday Spankings - this week we focus on son/mother birthday spankings with a Uasketcher cartoon and three real-life videos of such spankings taking place!
  • Remembering that some of the material Doctor Cylon sent us recently when he came out of retirement was birthday-themed, we updated his Burn! from 2011 with four new fanny-warming versions of Frank Cho's Brandy.
  • The Comic Strip Series continues as we present part four of a four-part presentation, the Oaky Doaks spanking storyline!
It's the last update in April, and I think it's a good one: the Doctor Cylon update and the conclusion of the Oaky Doaks spanking storyline pretty well speak for themselves; I was happy to find some birthday-themed material from Doc Cylon and, just as I imagine the rest of you are, overjoyed at seeing what must be regarded as the most spanking-centered storyline of all times in a comic strip. Chief of Strip Research Phil Sweetspot did a great job at locating this in the newpaper archives, and of course there will be more to follow. I finally got around to making a few analytical comments, so let us all know what you think.

Perhaps the Son-Spanks-Mother theme of Part 3 of our special on Birthday Spankings is more problematical and some readers might be turned off by the prospect, or perhaps not like birthday spankings at all. However, I think the sheer innocence of the four examples I've assembled should go a long way toward making them acceptable - there's really very little that I can see anyone objecting to. As I mention on the page, I do have some more of this type of material from Jon (UAsketcher) and it will be posted some day.

And again, a reminder on the videos: if you do not have Microsoft Internet Explorer as your browser you will not even see the embedded players. Simply download the appropriate versions of the three new videos. The links are labeled to help you choose the right one. The MPG (MPEG-2) versions are intended primarily for you to use if you want to burn them to DVD; they are already in the correct format.

I should have made some comments about where CSR is today during this month since it's our anniversary but I simply could not get to it. We'll try for next week. Hugob00m and Phil Overbarrel have been rather preoccupied with outside matters also, so the figurative CSR offices have been pretty empty lately. (I'm not sure how busy Dan is lately, but he did contribute a new cartoon recently in his own gallery, while nothing seems to slow Phil Sweetspot down). Even as I write this I'm so tired I'm having trouble staying awake and focusing on the text box. And yet we're all hanging it there and we will continue to bring you the best in spanking on whatever schedules we can manage.

Next Week: After running the incredible spanking storyline from Oaky Doaks all April, you might think we'd be done with the strip - but no! The Comic Strip Series continues with another spanking from Oaky Doaks that took place some years later. I had this one in the files for several years trying to get more details which Phil Sweetspot was recently able to fill in. Don't miss it! :)
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Was Ralph "R.B." Fuller a spanking enthusiast?
Oaky Doaks was launched on June 17, 1935, many months before the start of the more famous Prince Valiant. It's almost as if, right down to the hair style of the lead characters, that Doaks was a parody of Valiant even before Valiant came along. For two years, Fuller and Bill McCleery collaborated (with no credit given to McCleery as scripter and originator). Fuller eventually took over the writing as well as the art, along with other writing by M. J. Wing.
If Fuller was a spanko why did he saddle Oaky Doaks with a need to follow a self-imposed code of chivalry?
"On paper", so to speak, this code forbade Oaky from striking a woman! But Oaky was known to break the code if it was appropriate for the good of the gag. He recommended spanking for Princesses Pomona on several occasions. Even though he wasn't under the influence of a magic potion, he does, on one occasion, spank an adult female. Anyway, keep in mind that Oaky's circumstances were imposed upon him by the strip's creator and initial writer McCleery.
Did Fuller standout in his use of adult spanking in the strip?
Fuller seemed to have an unabated enthusiasm for spanking scenarios. Although it doesn't pop up every year in the strip it seems to be mentioned or takes place about as often as would be acceptable. Of all the actions Oaky could have taken against women as a result of consuming a hate potion Fuller selects spanking to show his anger. Of course this is carried out in a comical manner that suits the mood of the strip well.
Did Fuller demonstrate an enthusiasm for smacking women?
Fuller has Oaky Doaks come upon a scene wherein a man is slapping his girlfriend. When he tries to intervene she gives him a black eye and says, in effect, that slapping is just a part of their courting ritual. So Fuller was familiar with alternate styles of relationships. In the Camelot/Sissi story Doaks comes across numerous women who enjoy being spanked and finds that almost all the men are enthusiastic to have the women spanked.
I conclude that Fuller might of had a spanking fetish.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/28/2017

Post by web-ed »

Well, I'm awake enough now to look the board over again. I see that Phil S. has weighed in on the subject of whether R. B. Fuller was a spanko; other opinions are of course welcome to both of us.

And speaking of other comments: we all understand how busy things can get, but if at all possible please do go check out B00m's latest O.T. Katie strip, Cosplay. In fact, without more comments, Katie will escape without another spanking - horrors :shock: ! Please don't let that happen! Follow the link and let B00m know how you feel about Katie's latest adventure - we know you're out there, lurkers! Don't be shy :oops: .
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

Of all the birthday spankings presented, I think my favorite is the snapshot taken in 1949.......I was less than one month old at the time :lol: . Anyway, Iike the idea of doing it on the porch as I have done that myself :D and of course, it's OTK too. The son giving mom her birthday spanking is a bit of an odd idea in my mind but I have to admit that I'm glad you presented this for us since it's a little unusual. Personally, I would have preferred seeing dad spank her OTK while the son watched.

Doc Cylon is great as usual :D . He definitely knows how to pick a drawing to modify for our enjoyment! I particularly like the animation as it give the impression that her well spanked bottom is throbbing 8-) . I really didn't even care if it was a birthday spanking or not :lol: .

The Oaky Doaks spanking story is truly wonderful with all the spankings and after spanking panels :D . I also like the discussion you and Phil S have had about all this and I too believe the writer and the artist had to be into spanking. That seems especially apparent not only by the number of spankings but also because the artist seems to know just what the spankings should look like and really doesn't make any of the common mistakes made by many artists. I'm thoroughly enjoying this :D . Good updates ;) . Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR AND PHIL 8-) The Son Spanks Mother drawing is very :twisted: specially with his friend watch :lol: odd theme but it could make for a Good storyline of a boy wanting to spank his mother for the same he gets spanked for like lying or smoking :twisted: :lol: :lol: the videos are nice with the two boys giving their mothers birthday spankings with the dads watching :oops: :twisted: think the spanking should have been over the knee and hard! bet those women would remember that for a long time :lol: :lol: :lol: Love the tittle of Doctor Cylon`s drawing Burn! 8-) :D and that what he did to beautiful Brandy`s bottom :lol: :lol: Doc Cylon is a Master of turning a well shape fanny a nice shade of RED! thought she would use that ice cream to cool her burning bottom :twisted: :lol: :lol: GREAT Drawing! All Good Things Must Come To An End :( Speaking about Oaky Doaks Spanking storyline :( The GREATEST SPANKING STORY OF ALL TIMES !! 8-) to me the spanking of the two Queens was my favorite 8-) something about humbling a woman of power is a great turn on :twisted: :D :D right about having them lose their Crowns while being spanked was a statement of being taking down a peg! nice to see King Henpeck wanting to take over the spanking duty from Oaky :twisted: 8-) :lol: BIG THUMBS UP to Bill McCleery And Ralph Fuller for a Fantastic Spanking Story 8-) 8-) :D :D THANKS!
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Thanks Web-ed for the fun selection of birthday spanking images this April! :D I'm primarily a newspaper "reporter" so here's a few items I found in the papers but I'm saving a few for the future.
This photo will be familiar to readers of CSR because it shows up in both the humor and photo sections. But this is the image as it first appeared to the public on August 1,1956 in the newspapers within two weeks of Natalie Wood's 18th birthday. She's spanked by actor Tab Hunter with whom she co-starred in two movies in the hope of igniting long-term Wayne/O'Hara style screen chemistry but that never materialized. At the time she was just starting to date husband #1 and #3 Robert Wagner with whom she had spent her actual 18th birthday on July 20th. So here we're looking at this famed photo as a birthday spanking instead of merely a publicity stunt.
Nat's18thAugust1,1956.png
Nat's18thAugust1,1956.png (166.4 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
Here's a comic strip that raises an interesting question for us - so is it a "birthday spanking" just because it takes place on a woman's birthday :?:
KerryDrakeNov3,1947.png
KerryDrakeNov3,1947.png (57.65 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
Doesn't really look like Julep is doing a very good job of keeping D.D.T. in line...might as well go ahead and spank her :lol:

Finally, a birthday spanking reported under the heading of local events of note.
BirthdayspankingDecember27,1954.png
BirthdayspankingDecember27,1954.png (89.56 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

I've been enjoying the Oaky Doaks series. I agree with Sweetspot that Mr. Fuller, along with his scriptmen, must've been spankos.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/28/2017

Post by web-ed »

Sweetspot wrote: This photo will be familiar to readers of CSR because it shows up in both the humor and photo sections. But this is the image as it first appeared to the public on August 1,1956 in the newspapers within two weeks of Natalie Wood's 18th birthday. She's spanked by actor Tab Hunter with whom she co-starred in two movies in the hope of igniting long-term Wayne/O'Hara style screen chemistry but that never materialized. At the time she was just starting to date husband #1 and #3 Robert Wagner with whom she had spent her actual 18th birthday on July 20th. So here we're looking at this famed photo as a birthday spanking instead of merely a publicity stunt.
Nat's18thAugust1,1956.png

Here's a comic strip that raises an interesting question for us - so is it a "birthday spanking" just because it takes place on a woman's birthday :?:

Doesn't really look like Julep is doing a very good job of keeping D.D.T. in line...might as well go ahead and spank her :lol:
Phil - thanks for the additional info regarding the famous Tab Hunter/Natalie Wood spanking photo. Richard Windsor has pointed out that there is good reason to suspect Wood was into the scene, although Robert Wagner has never said anything about it and he's probably the last remaining person who would know for sure one way or the other.

More interesting stuff from Kerry Drake - I'd have to say that it's not a birthday spanking just because it's the spankee's birthday. If she's been a bad girl, it should be disciplinary all the way. :) Only if it's truly for her birthday and not just on her birthday is it a birthday spanking - and even if it is, make sure it stings :D !
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Taking Stock on CSR's Anniversary - Today

Post by web-ed »

Didn't have time to get to a couple of things during April, the anniversary month, so I'd like to mention them here. I'll make separate posts in an attempt to keep each one brief (although almost everything I write for CSR seems to turn into Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire somehow :lol: .

CSR today stands at very close to 1400 separate webpages (based on my test version, and I don't consider Windows' search function, which is what I use to make the count, to be all that reliable). Somehow it seems it should be even more than that by now, but for the moment we'll assume that's close. That makes us a very large website not including this forum, which has almost 9500 posts and 2300 attachments (with an unknown number of external linked images)! Something to be proud of, and my thanks to everyone who has contributed over the years to making CSR what it is today, in terms of both quantity and quality.

There's also the longevity question: very few spanking sites seem to last. Richard Windsor recently celebrated his tenth anniversary, joining the small, select group of us who have been around 10 years or longer. Why that should be is a subject for another day - if ever - and as a matter of fact I think we've discussed it before. But here we are, now entering our 14th year, and we're not going anywhere - at least if I've remembered to renew our domain, one of the many tasks involved in keeping the lights on. And that leads us to our next post...
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Taking Stock on CSR's Anniversary - Tomorrow

Post by web-ed »

So what about tomorrow? First and foremost, I'm not planning on going anywhere, so CSR should be around for awhile. I am under an enormous strain, however, and not particularly because of all the "keeping the lights on" tasks of running the site. It's because of outside factors such as trying to make a living during what is still a rotten economy, family concerns, etc. I can't do much for CSR when I have to perform repairs on my house or car because I can't afford to pay anyone else to do these things, or when I have to take care of elderly relatives, etc. There are only so many hours in the day and I am being squeezed relentlessly.

Now I'm not looking for sympathy,and I only mention this again as I have once or twice before recently for one reason: I don't want anyone to think I'm less dedicated to the ideal of CSR than I was before, or that I have less enthusiasm for the project just because I can't do 3 or 4 updates per week any more and because I'm falling behind on my searches (more on this another time). Resident Artists Dan, Phil O. and Hugob00m have been beset by personal concerns lately also, and I think everyone understands the situation. We will all continue to bring CSR readers the best in spanking on whatever schedule we can manage, and I will do my best to ensure we've got at least one update per week on the main site (and two during Super-Spanking Summer).

O.K. - so what have we got in the CSR Vault? Well for starters, Phil S. and Doctor Cylon have recently contributed something on the order of 300 and 200 picture files respectively, which together is about 1/12 of the total. Yes, I have 6000 picture files in the "New Material" folder :o ! Now of course (and unfortunately) that does not mean I have 6000 new spankings to share - if I did that would last us 120 years at the rate of one per week! - because some of it is background material, other pages of comic books that have a spanking panel (I keep the entire book until I know for certain which pages I'm using), and so forth. And some of it isn't completely new but rather new versions of existing drawings, for example of the Humorama cartoons. Then there are the "missed opportunities" of which Phil and I have both located many. But buried in this tremendous pile are more than a few new spanking items.

Once again, I've gone on far too long so I won't express my regrets here for all the stuff I haven't been able to post. Maybe we'll talk about that after we get through The Year of the Comic Strip - and the good news about that is Phil S. added so much material to what I already had stockpiled that I don't even know yet when that will be :!: It will certainly continue through Super-Spanking Summer into the fall :D , so stay tuned!
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/05/2017

Post by web-ed »

First, the spanking search report: I have found nothing knew the past two months in my Golden Age comics search. This is mainly because I haven't had much time to pursue it and have probably only reviewed about 2000 pages. Nothing has been missed, but I've got something like 400 comics piled up to go through, plus a big bunch of Condorito I managed to get out of Venezuela before things got critical down there (I'm hoping to find that one spanking cover we all know about plus any other spankings there might have been in the title). The comics are pouring in more slowly than they used to, so I have some hope of catching up over the next few months.

On the Humorama side, I continue to slowly fill in the gaps, but it's mostly reprints these days. We probably won't have any Humorama features until next year.

Now for the weekly updates: After running the incredible spanking storyline from Oaky Doaks all April, you might think we'd be done with the strip - but no! The Comic Strip Series continues with another spanking from Oaky Doaks that took place some years later, Oaky Spanks Mimi. I had this one in the files for several years after Alan sent it to me trying to get more details which Phil Sweetspot was recently able to fill in.

Next Week: Phil S. made yet another discovery about Oaky Doaks, and we'll see that one of the unidentified spankings we posted back in 2010 actually came from this great strip. Be here as we finally wind up our Oaky mini-series! :)
-- Web-Ed