Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
jimc

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by jimc »

great finds and research as always web-ed. I think i would of thought it was Bevan as some of their styles are similar (big nosed men, pointed toes on the women but i did not think it was another artist. I see you posted the Popeye spanks a waitress one and the Roy Rogers one was also great.Great finds on the covers. ( i did have those books in my collection at one time....ahh memories!). I am glad you have found all these great spanking strips and tell us about them. I like knowing about the artists and your history does indeed make it s context better to understand. I do not know about the Phantom spanking (woman in leopard costume) being fan art as i saw it in a spanish paper i believe and i did read somewhere that Phantom is published in several countries and written with permission (like many of the star wars serials) so it was not drawn by Falk or his contract artists, but was a genuine Phantom story nonetheless. Have a great day and thanks for all your hard work and dedication to the spanko culture.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Thanks, Jim - I'm glad to know you like what I'm doing. I do prefer to give the history of a piece to provide a context where possible, although I'm sure some people wish I'd just shut up and post the pictures! Without people like you to appreciate the effort, I'm not sure it would be worth it.

Your comments on the Phantom spanks woman in leopard costume panel are interesting - I really wasn't sure that it was fan art, but I had to consider the possibility. I was probably leaning about 40%/60% fan art vs. actual strip. It seems from what you saw in that Spanish paper that is was part of the strip, although someone may have modified it slightly. There may in fact be an English-language original version that was later translated into Spanish, rather than an original Spanish version. The reason I think that is because in the early 70's, I found some Spanish-language versions of DC comics like Lois Lane and The Brave and the Bold in the Miami area, where of course there was (and still is) a large Cuban population. I recognized these titles as reprints of the original English-language comics, so perhaps they did the same thing with the Phantom, a very popular character who probably translates better (in the cultural sense) than a lot of other comics characters.

This is a little off-topic, but I know you'll be interested in the two new Homer pieces I've got. One of them is the best F/F piece I've seen him do, which I saw years ago in print but haven't seen on the Web, while the other is a very atypical M/F spanking that I had never seen before. The camera angle is from the rear with the spankee turning her head enough for us to see her face, and we get a fine view of her unusually round and full (for Homer) behind! I'm thinking that because I only have these two, I should try to post them as early in the year as possible, before getting into Ward and Stiles, who between them will take 6 months to cover (at 1 cartoon per week)!
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/17

Post by web-ed »

[For links please go to the Home Page].

A modest five updates this week as we prepare for the holidays and for next week's six spankings from Smilin' Jack.
  • A cute Christmas Pixie bends over and gets a swat from a rubber band in this holiday-season treat from Julius Zimmerman and Doctor Cylon.
  • More bending over leads to the similar swatting of a pretty girl on the cover of the old men's magazine Nymph.
  • Stage play spanking that isn't Kiss Me, Kate. Looks pretty strange.
  • Female ruler gets taken down a peg in the comic strip Scarth - not quite as good as The Phantom, but we never get tired of this type of spanking scene!
  • Unidentified strip spanking from Italy - two pretty girls having fun.
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

12/10 updates- that sure looks like a very old Roy Rogers strip. Of course is was making movies in the late 1930s so quite possible he made it to the comic strips around the same time. I remember the Roy Rogers TV show in the 50s and Dell comic books featuring Roy, Dale, Trigger, Bullet and all the gang. Don't recall any spankings though.
Nice to include the Popeye spankings for the sake of completeness, although the Popeye females can hardly be called physically attractive, something important in spanking art IMO.
Would like to see though the Sea Hag spanking, especially the after where she has pillows tied to her bottom. Thats such a post-spanking hoot!

12/17 updates- had seen the Scarth spanking on the Yahoo group. Think your reproduction is better.
Would have been great if he had lifted that piece of cloth she was wearing behind and spanked what she had under on under it.
Find myself wondering about the rest of the story, what happened when the Queen got thoroughly discredited, if there were any references to what happened to her, or if she made another appearance perhaps sitting on a cushion.
Now THAT is one delicious thought! A Queen having to have a pillow on her throne to sit on because she has been giving a good sound spanking! Talk about a woman getting down a peg!
And what a great sight it would be!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates 12/24

Post by web-ed »

All galleries updated this week, with the primary focus on the excellent Smilin' Jack comic strip - I posted all six of my remaining spankings from it, with an index, and updated the commentary on the two that were already posted in Comics Gallery 1.
  • The ever-popular Druuna dons part of an elf costume, baring her shapely behind and providing Doctor Cylon with a target he just can't resist!
  • A F/F spanking from the 1950's, with some historical notes on Irving Klaw even though we don't think he produced this one.
  • That Which Rolls - this is a strange French movie/performance piece involving bicycles, which ordinarily wouldn't be of interest here except the author included a scene in which a bicycle wheel is used to construct a spanking machine!
  • The six remaining Smilin' Jack spankings - lots of good stuff here, with comments by this forum's own Dan Eldorado (in #6) and (of course) myself!
  • Speaking of Dan, he posted the last Spanky Sal he ever did - and in color! You won't want to miss this one!
  • The weather isn't exactly summer-like here in Chicago, and hugoB00m doesn't live near the beach anyhow, but he did provide us with this cartoon of O.T. Katie getting spanked in a one-piece swimsuit. On a cold winter's night this will make you feel as warm as Katie's seat did when that big lifeguard was through explaining that rules must be followed!
P.S. - The Comics Spanking Data Base just reached the 300 mark! Another milestone in comics spanking!
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Thanks for all the Smilin Jack' panels. Who knows, there may even be more. I am not familiar with the comic books but followed the strip years ago in the Sunday comics. Recall that he had female characters, girlfriends or whatever with names like Sable and Sizzles. "Sizzles"-thats a name that just makes you know she needs a spanking.
Especially loved #6, would have been interesting to see what led up to the spanking, and the aftermath. Sure she did some frantic rubbing after that spanking as that swimsuit couldnt have offered much protection.
Has occurred to me that with movie,TV, comics spankings of the 30s to 50s that the women were usually somewhat protected from the full effects of a spanking as it were. With a skirt or dress,she'd have on a petticoat or slip, quite possibly a girdle, and her panties, several layers.
With a swimsuit, only one layer of probably not great thickness, so the smacks would really sting. Be great to find one with a paddle being used on a woman wearing a swimsuit.
Have often thought its a shame spanking disappeared from film and comics with the change in fashion and women wearing wearing less and less. Would have made much more of an impression on say a 60s pot smoking "hippie chick" to get her mini-skirt flipped up and her panties warmed, or pulled down . (Thats assuming a "hipie chick would have even been wearing any).
The 50s F/F was interesting but agree that itwas not the best. Nothing like the great work of Bunny Yeager and Irving Klaw with Bettie Paige.
Bettie Paige. Thats someone the spanking and fetish communities owe a huge debt. She was a spanking model long before spanking models as we know them today ever existed. One thing that truly annoys me is to see her referred to on spanko sites and her name wrong, being called "Betty Page" or something.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I especially liked seeing the Smilin' Jack comics linked together with the background information you gave. The question of whether Zack Mosley was or wasn't a spanko has puzzled me too. On the one side of the argument is the way he drew the spankees: such nicely-rounded buttocks, and the way he draped the fabric of their skirts (well, the ones who were wearing skirts, at least) Whether spanko or not, he must've been a man who admired the feminine posterior.

On the other side of the argument is the awkward position he always seemed to put the spankers in! They are neither standing nor sitting... and the ladies appear to be levitating in front of them. One would think that if he had ever spanked a grown woman himself, or paid close attention when he saw someone else spank a grown woman, that he would have drawn the man sitting on something solid, with the naughty lady held firmly across his lap.

I guess we'll never know for sure, but it's a lot of fun to see the comics all posted on one site and linked together for easy viewing
jimc

Post by jimc »

hi tanner i never knew that Bettie Paige was the way it was spelled (i thought i saw on her obituary that it was spelled Betty Page), so thank you for clearing it up although if you check most sites dealing with her do spell it Betty Page; so this is one that i have to bow to your expertise on as my whole spanko life i have thought it was spelled the way that you say is wrong. Thanks for suggesting OT Katie get a swimsuit spanking i actually think that was the 1st one i saw as it had been animated on Jon's Underground Animations site and thank you boom for posting it. Great commentary on the Smilin' Jack series web-ed. I think Lee Falk and Roy Crane had to be spankos as they had so many strips that had spanking (Phantom; Mandrake by Falk) & (Captain Easy; Buzz Sawyer: Wash Tubbs and i think there was another by Crane that had spanking as well). Milton Caniff had several strips that i seem to remember and i think i read somewhere in CSR that Harold Foster was not a spanko, but did produce many spanking panels over the years of the strips of Prince Valiant. I look forward to seeing the Humorama spankings as the mainstream and pin-up mags were how i entered the spanking scene (as a collector alas but still an exciting time. Have a grand day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

12/24 Updates, Strip Spankos, and Bettie

Post by web-ed »

Boom - thanks, I'm glad you liked the index. One thing I can do here at CSR that no blog can accomplish is create my own indices (with links to other web pages whose content is controlled by me) like this one for Smilin' Jack and, in fact, all the gallery index pages, where I often try to group like items together for convenience. Thus, even though only a small percentage of the items I post are original and unique to this site (scans that no one else has, or commissions), everything is reasonably well-organized and easy to get to since it is centralized in this one location.

Jim - I need to be careful not to make it appear I know more than I really do when it comes to my opinions on whether a given person is or was a spanko. I know Hugh Hefner and Al Capp were not spankos; I merely suspect that to be the case with, for instance, Hal Foster. Milton Caniff did indeed have several spankings in his strips, and we'll be seeing three of them (1 in Terry and 2 in Steve Canyon) in the next couple of months. I think he wasn't a spanko, but I don't know for sure.

I'm inclined to agree with you about Lee Falk and Roy Crane, although we may never really be sure. Crane certainly had a number of spankings (again, we'll be seeing three from him in the weeks to come), while Falk had so many spankings (even two double spankings in The Phantom, and three if you count the time Queen Pera was spanked twice!) that Falk must have relished reddening the bottom of an arrogant female to take her down a peg as much as any of us here on this forum would, which would seem to make him as much of a spanko as we are.

Tanner - you're right, there may in fact be another spanking or two from Smilin' Jack - all I can say right now is that these are all that are known in our little spanko community at the present time.

On Bettie Page - I think that is how her name is spelled, although it may have been "Paige". I wouldn't call myself a Bettie expert, but I have seen reliable reports that she signed her modeling checks "Bettie". When she resurfaced in the 90's (about which more in a moment), I believe there was a reissue of her January 1955 Playmate centerfold pose in a limited edition of 100 that were signed by both her and Hugh Hefner! Now if only we had one of those collector's items, we would know for sure. I did find what I believe to be a genuine autograph of hers (along with Bunny Yeager's) on a print of the centerfold (which was taken by Yeager rather than a Playboy staff photographer), and it read "Bettie Page".

Now some more about Bettie for those reading this who are younger (sob!) than we are and may not know who she was. Bettie was a model who had two parallel careers during the 1950's, one doing "straight" cheesecake pictures, and a second doing bondage and spanking work for Irving Klaw (for a Klaw spanking pic sans Bettie, see the upcoming Irving Klaw Spanking to be posted later this week; note that the link will not work before then). Bettie's appeal, I think, was that while she was quite attractive, she still had a "girl next door" sort of look. It is interesting to note that a lot of Playboy's early playmates had this quality; later on, both Playboy and other sources changed over to featuring women who came off as the "out of your league" untouchable type because their looks seemed too good to be true (in a sense, they really weren't true, but that's another subject).
Bettie from a 60's(?) postcard, showing an attractive, wholesome, girl-next-door quality.
Bettie from a 60's(?) postcard, showing an attractive, wholesome, girl-next-door quality.
bettie_page_postcard.jpg (56.52 KiB) Viewed 9713 times
She did a lot of swimsuit poses for photographers like Bunny Yeager, but to supplement her income she also posed nude for amateur camera clubs (as they were known), whose arrangements (multiple photographers standing in a semicircle) were not exactly conducive to fine art photography. Irving Klaw was another steady source of income, and it is for the bondage and spanking photos she did with him that she is best remembered today. During those years, her name was often spelled as "Betty" by her employers, whether by accident or by design is unknown.
Bettie's best-selling bondage pic with Irving Klaw.
Bettie's best-selling bondage pic with Irving Klaw.
bettie_page_bondage_bestseller.jpg (44.41 KiB) Viewed 9713 times
In late '56 or early '57, Bettie quit modeling, apparently because she was tired of the scene and because, in her middle thirties, she knew her modeling days were numbered. Greg Theakston, who made it his business to track her down in the late 80's and early 90's, tells an interesting story in The Betty Pages #7 (1992 - note the spelling): a witness related that Minsky himself had offered Bettie a job as a stripper in one of his New Jersey clubs, which would lead to her going to Las Vegas. Presumably, this would have meant considerable money for her, but the job didn't work out for some reason. Still, there may be some old guys around who caught her act during that short period and would still remember it today.

Bettie then studied acting, and there are reliable reports of an appearance on The Steve Allen Show and a role in summer stock theater, but her acting career never got off the ground and after a brief return to cheesecake photography she left New York for good. Apparently, she valued her privacy, for she kept a low profile until late in 1992 despite the growing interest in her pin-up work that was fueled partly by a general wave of 50's nostalgia, partly by the desire of men no longer young to recapture some of their youthful thrills, and partly by guys like me who were always on the lookout for more spanking material, whatever the source.

I don't know how many of Bettie's spanking photos will eventually be posted on CSR; as I've indicated elsewhere, my interest in this type of material is limited. This was no fault of Bettie's, it's just that Klaw wasn't a spanko and he didn't really have a feel for this kind of material. Also, he had to be careful about revealing too much if he wanted to avoid obscenity charges, so while it would have been great to have seen Bettie bending over for the paddle in sheer panties, it just wasn't going to happen. But for those who wish to see them, there are quite a few pics of Bettie spanking or being spanked by other girls out there.

As we said earlier, during the period that Bettie had disappeared without a trace, many remained interested in, and even fascinated by, her career. Artists often drew her in bondage or spanking poses. Here is an example drawn by Melinda Gebbie, probably around 1990.
Bad girl Bettie must accept her spanking.  Art by Melinda Gebbie.
Bad girl Bettie must accept her spanking. Art by Melinda Gebbie.
bettie_page_spanked_melinda_gebbie.jpg (48.81 KiB) Viewed 9713 times
Last edited by web-ed on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Minor punctuation change.
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Certainly there's no consistency in the spelling of her name. I've seen articles that use two different spellings in the same article.
"Bettie Page" does seem to be the most common. There are Yahoo groups devoted to her that use that, and also the movie "The Notorious Bettie Page"
Wikipedia says she was born Betty Mae Page. For whatever reason she or someone started subsituting "ie" for "y" in her first name and sometimes adding an i to her last name, during some point in her career. Whether or not she ever legally changed the spelling is perhaps unknown.
There are lots of spanking pictures with her and who knows one day a picture of her "bending for the paddle in sheer panties" just may surface, something that they might have wanted to do in the 50s.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/31

Post by web-ed »

Had to postpone a couple of updates due to holiday pressures and some unexpected difficulties with the first in the new Humorama series. I decided to create a little decorative border made up of old Humorama titles, and between cutting and sizing the individual pics and figuring out how to code the page so the border would surround the text, it took about three hours! Still, I do have six updates including that one:
  • Annie twice animated - or at least Doctor Cylon animated the hand that spanks her twice!
  • More F/F spanking from the 50's - last week's vintage piece put me in the mood, I guess. This will probably be the last of this kind of material we'll see on CSR for a while, as lots of Irving Klaw's stuff is available elsewhere if you want to find it.
  • Humorama series begins - I'm really excited about this year-long celebration of Humorama's old spanking cartoons, although this may not seem an auspicious beginning. It's really just a cover with some spanking verse on it, but as I explain on the page itself, I wanted to introduce Humorama to younger readers who may know very little about what it was.
  • Unknown comic strip - I always hate it when I can't identify something from a comic book or strip, and this item is one of several I've had in the files for some time while I tried to track them down. Maybe someone will recognize it - it's a fine scene.
  • Firehair fires some poor saloon girl's butt with her whip - it's just one tiny nip, really. Another Golden Age spanking from Fiction House, although I can't help wishing it was Firehair's own fanny getting flamed!
  • Skygirl assumes the position - I actually put this one up in October, but there was no link to it from Comics Gallery 2, which I've finally added. I also added one more panel that Riley found somewhere.
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

Yes Annie Fanny lived up to her name. and the good doctor did a great job of giving the heroine her coloring. The unknown strip does appear to be Aquaman spanking some pretty criminal we would imagine. I remember that cover, but i did not think there was any spanking in that issue of Snappy, but it has been a long time since i have seen it. Since i am more of a fan of otk than any other realms of the fetish scene the 50's spanking that you posted i am glad you shared it, but as you said there are other sites that do have more of them. I did forget to wish everyone a happy new year. And thanks again web-ed for starting the year off right with a spank (not a bang) as that is much easier on the eyes as well as the ears. Have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/07

Post by web-ed »

• Updated the Events and Links Pages.
  • Updated the recent Vintage Sleaze Spanking from the 50's with more information from Jim Linderman.
  • Doctor Cylon retouches two photographs for a change.
  • Spanked Before Bed - one woman bends over before bed so another can spank her. Some might call it strange, but it's o.k. with us.
  • Humorama Series - Shrink spanks patient in this cartoon from Stanley Rayon.
  • Golden Age Comic-Book Spankings - we had a poll that decided this odd scene from Hawk was indeed a spanking. A F/F panel from the GA, during which this orientation was seldom seen.
  • Modern Comic-Book Spankings - we stretched a point to include this example of sexual harassment from MAD magazine. There were no spankings from MAD in its actual 4-color comic days, but next week we'll have a color spanking from the MAD fold-in on the inside back cover!
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/14

Post by web-ed »

• Updated two Doctor Cylon pages with information about Bud Root, and also added Doc's explanation of how his "spank bomb" actually worked.
  • More of Doc Cylon as he and Julius Zimmerman see to it that a Bad Pixie gets what's coming to her.
  • The year-long Humorama series continues with Secretary Spanking #16 (and there will be more secretaries turned OTK during the year). I think it's a good thing the secretaries of the world don't know where to find me...!
  • Secretaries get a break for a moment as Teacher Gets a Spanking by the famed bondage artist Alazar.
  • Comic Strip Spankings - an Indian lass gets her canoe paddled by Laughing Wolf (we'd probably be laughing if we were in his place). Old joke, but good treatment.
  • Modern Comic Book Spankings - another selection from MAD, this time a fold-in spanking given by a clown!
  • Golden Age Comic Book Spankings - Winnie the Waitress gets paddled by her sorority sisters. Not a particularly good scene since the artist didn't know how to do a proper paddling. Of some interest is that Winnie was an unlikely back-up feature for The Green Hornet, which had another, better spanking we'll be seeing two weeks from now.
  • In response to a specific request from a CSR reader, Dan Rivera posted another episode from his private-eye series Sam Swatt. If you haven't been around lately, be sure to check out all the cartoons posted by Dan and HugoB00m (O.T. Katie) in the Comic Book and Superhero Spanking Forum.
-- Web-Ed
Wolfie138

Post by Wolfie138 »

FYI re the Alazar, not sure if it appeared elsewhere originally but i've got it in a comic called "big top bondage", there's a "spankorama" centre spread w/ a montage of his pics. googling it shows a few d/l site, also a gallery here http://g.e-hentai.org/g/315894/3a2074759f/
Last edited by web-ed on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: correct typo
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Alazar and Big Top

Post by web-ed »

Thanks Wolfie - I remember when Big Top came out, but I never had a copy and didn't know the drawing I'd found came from there.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/21

Post by web-ed »

[For links please go to the Home Page]
  • Dan posted better-quality scans of two DeCarlo spanking cartoon classics on the Comic-Book Forum.
  • Doctor Cylon shows us the aftermath of a no-nonsense hairbrush spanking.
  • Keffy spanks Wolfie (not our Wolfie here, obviously) - those are their names, and I don't know the characters, but this is a fairly cute boy-spanks-girl cartoon from the U.K.
  • One of the cartoons Dan posted that I mentioned above was a famous cop-spanks-speeder one - by coincidence, I also have a very little-known, and perhaps never before seen on the web, cartoon by Jack O'Brien where the cop is spanking a jaywalker instead.
  • Steve Canyon spanking #1 (two more to follow) - from Milton Caniff's great strip, a Princess gets spanked - by the Queen!
  • Another Steve, Steve Roper, nips some bad behavior in the bud. This is an example of a spanking which looks like it really will do the spankee some good and help her get her life back on track.
  • Housewives at Play - just like Desperate Housewives, except this bunch is interesting...
A couple of late items that should probably go under "New Finds":
  • While sorting through two old issues of Cartoon Parade, I found a Kirk Stiles post-spanking secretary cartoon I'd completely forgotten about. We don't actually get to see her OTK, but it's still worthwhile (never before seen) and will be added to the ongoing Humorama series. This ties Stiles with Bill Ward at 14 apiece for the series...
  • I've gotten ahold of some more information on Phantom Spanking #5, plus another artist's homage to the Phantom/Queen Pera spanking, plus another color comics version of Jorge spanking Pera which I've had in the files for a while, plus two more Swedish-language comics of Pera getting spanked by Phantom and Jorge (will she ever be able to sit again?), plus another Swedish-language Phantom spanks some spoiled heiress I can't identify! I think I'll have to have a Phantom-spanking special event as soon as the current Comic Strip Spankings series concludes.
Last edited by web-ed on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add late items.
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

As always, a great series of new material from our valiant web-ed.
Will be very interested in the Steve Canyon. I remember this week's quite well. It was a surprise because by 1981 spankings had virtually disappeared from the comics.
Wonder if we will see Canyon actually spanking anyone. Do remember a couple interrupted or offpanel spankings in the strip.
One I recall was from sometime in the 60s. Steve's cousin Poteet had caused a lot of trouble. She is shown apologizing and saying she doesnt know what do. Steve rolls up his sleeves and says "I do."
In the last panel Steve is shown with another female Air Force officer. Poteet is accompanying them on a trip. He says will be leaving "as soon as my cousin Poteet gets back with an air cushion for her to sit on."
So we know what happened. Poteet got her bottom thouroughly spanked. And oh yes, the other officer had a very bewildered expression on her face when he said that!
web-ed
Site Admin

Steve Canyon Spankings

Post by web-ed »

The two remaining scenes don't include Canyon himself doing any spanking, unfortunately, although we have another close call in #3 when Poteet turns herself over his lap and asks him to spank her!

I wish I had those other scenes you remember. I'm sure everyone would love to see them. But maybe they'll turn up someday - Steve Canyon has been reprinted somewhere, I just don't have the editions and can't obtain them anytime soon.
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

yes, i seem to remember another one in the either the 60's or 70's about a soviet spy and Canyon flying together and there were some young radicals (a young man and a young woman that were going to hijack a plane). There was a scene in which they were working together to subdue the hijackers and somehow the soviet spy got the woman over his knee and said if she continued to struggle that she was in such a position that he could easily spank her, (and i seem to remember him also saying it is what you deserve after all) but he did not . I do remember the same one that Tanner mentioned and thought i would of liked to see that one as well. Although to be honest back then i was only looking for the strips that actually had spanking in them. Most of these were the kid spanking and that is not what you are looking for in this forum. You have done a great job web-ed of finding most of them and i hope some lost ones surface in your search. Also Tanner your recollection is far better than mine about the strips and thank you for sharing some of your memories as it does bring fond recollections back to me as well. have a great day.
Jim