Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I liked your description of the new spankings you found as gory and I certainly agree :lol: . Kotsky gives us a very nicely drawn spankee in the apartment 3 G drawing :D . I thought the effect was further enhanced by her dress being shown as being made of flimsy, floaty and very feminine fabric. No doubt that she felt that swat even if it was over her dress and I thought he did a good job of depicting that 8-) . I was thinking that I too have given many such swats to young ladies over the years and these were often followed by a spanking later on, in a more private moment :D . Too bad Dallis didn't follow up with such a spanking. I also like the next strip where she does go get ready for bed, even after saying that she will not :lol: . And now she has to wait to see where he went and I personally like to think that she is secretly hoping that he will return and give her that follow up spanking I mentioned 8-) . He attitude certainly does indicate that these are her feelings. Thanks for your vote of confidence :D . Not only would I have found a way to get all of them spanked, I would also have had the girls talking about these spankings both before and after they happened :lol: . Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! GOOD FIND SweetSpot 8-) I think this somewhat counts as a spanking being it a hard slap to the buttocks :lol: wish Beth have rub the burning area after :lol: also wish Peter have return later and gave her a over the knee spanking in front of her friends :twisted: :lol: anyway this is a Good scene and a nice hard whack to a shapely bottom 8-) THANKS!!!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

From what I remember of that strip Peter was a recent immigrant from Greece who had a different idea from most Americans of how young women should live. It is a very old strip.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 09/15/2017

Post by web-ed »

This week's updates:

The Comic Strip Series continues with a return to one of "The Seven Spankings" - Boots and Her Buddies #7 - with some new scans of the comic book located by Web-Ed and the original newspaper strip printings discovered by Sweetspot :) !

As a side note, these Boots spankings have put the Comics Spanking Data Base over the 800 mark - just think, 800 spankings from the comics :o ! Check it out some time (link on Home Page).

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with Polly and Her Pals. :)
Last edited by web-ed on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add note regarding data base
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!! WOW!!! 800 Spankings from comics and who knows how many more are still out there :o :o 8-) :D Giddy received lots of spanking in Boots And Her Buddies :D :lol: :lol: but the one I like best is where she is spanked over Tip knee with a Book :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: the other two spanking in this panel is Good only it doesn`t high light her rear like the first spanking drawing :D :D BIG THUMBS UP WEB-ED SweetSpot 8-) 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I certainly agree with you that the first spanking pic is the best of the lot. The OTK position is pretty good although I would prefer it if he had been seated in a chair instead of on the couch. I also think it would have been better if his left leg was closer to the right one so she would have been bent a bit better. Still, the artist makes her look pretty appealing. At least the dress isn't black and we can see some definition of her rear end. I also like they way he's depicted the dress hanging down in the front which, in my mind, indicates it's made of thin material :D . I like her kicking legs and her expression, which compliment each other nicely. I don't know what others thought but it appeared to me that she is gritting her teeth, although I suppose her mouth could have just been open. She does appear to be pretty surprised :lol: . You are right......using a book to spank her with sucks! His hand would have been a much better weapon. I also thought the snickering servants watching the spanking was a nice touch 8-) . Thanks to Phil S. for the scans of the story line. It's always better when we know what's going on :D . Thanks, Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

You've made an excellent presentation of this Boots and Her Buddies material :D . We can now see why Tip Tucker returns to his effort of spanking Giddy Jones but this time uses a book as a spanking implement - it was handy after Giddy hurdled it at his head :o . I included the final panels from January 25, 1940 for no other reason than to show what Boots looks like from the rear [a girl to add to our 'if only' collection :roll: ] I've recently shown off Etta Kett, the Jackson girls and Emily Ateball in the same fashion - just my thing I guess :? . Thanks for tabulating the discoveries and the kind words :) . In addition to the M/F OTK material you have on hand, in your inbox you will find new spanking scenes from Superman, Twins Earths [appropriately enough I sent 'twin' emails :lol: :lol: by mistake] and from Dr. Bobbs.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Sweetspot wrote:Thanks for tabulating the discoveries and the kind words :) . In addition to the M/F OTK material you have on hand, in your inbox you will find new spanking scenes from Superman, Twins Earths [appropriately enough I sent 'twin' emails :lol: :lol: by mistake] and from Dr. Bobbs.
I'll check that inbox as soon as I can, Phil. I discovered a Dr. Bobbs spanking myself last year in a reprint book and it is slated for presentation in the current Comic Strip Series, but I wanted to get your discoveries out there first if possible. I wonder if it's the same spanking? I'll let you know. :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 09/22/2017

Post by web-ed »

The Comic Strip Series continues with the first of two spankings fromPolly and Her Pals - a rare example of a sister-in-law getting spanked!

This is a mainly-humorous spanking that is of some interest because the whole idea of spanking is being discussed, with Sam demonstrating that it's better to be the spanker than the spankee!

The Sweetspot Spanking Count
New Spankings: 27 (As of Polly spanking #1)
Identified Spankings: 2

Polly and Her Pals was an excellent strip and is discussed in some detail on its own page in Comics Gallery 2. Both known spankings are of Sam's sister-in-law Carrie. It's hard for me to imagine, though, that it ran for 46 years without Polly herself getting spanked at least once - let's hope there's still something out there that Chief Strip Researcher Phil S. :ugeek: can find for us sooner or later.

Next Week:

The Comic Strip Series continues with the second known spanking from Polly and Her Pals. :)

I'm trying hard to get caught up to the point I can offer a few extras during the weekly updates. I've got lots from Doctor Cylon - we really need to devote one week to Li'l Abner - and D. M. Sherwood recently sent me some fiction. I'll do my best. This week the only extra I have is Freckles and His Friends. :)
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Using my new resources I thought it would be a good idea to provide CSR with a better scan of Polly and Her Pals #1.
PollyandHerPalsMay14,1944Panel12.jpg
PollyandHerPalsMay14,1944Panel12.jpg (45.93 KiB) Viewed 2331 times
Not a bad image for a strictly humor strip. No matter how they're framed a spanking in a strip like this or say Popeye will always lack the realism, and therefore the impact, of a spanking from say Jeff Cobb or even Captain Easy. By the way, I've never coded "hurts me more than it does you" into a scan so that's going to make for an interesting search...I hope ;).
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Thanks for a more clearer scan of the spanking in Polly And Her Pals 8-) The over the knee is Good but I like the way he was holding her as he turn her over his knee :D :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice of Kitty to hold her legs down while she was being spanked! Do you think that when spankers say it hurt me more than it does you is because their hand hurts more than the spankee bottom :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: GREAT Spanking in Comic 8-) :D :D :D To bad he Didn`t spank his daughter in the first script that would have been Great :x
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Polly and Her Pals

Post by web-ed »

Thanks, Phil - this one is much better! :) I'll try to replace the current spanking panel on the page with this one before the day is out.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

You were comparing the drawings of Sterrett to Popeye and to me, looking at Polly sitting on the couch, telling Pa that Pete wasn't a musician, reminded me of Blondie. I like this strip for most of the same reasons you did. As you mentioned, there isn't much eroticism here because of the cartoony style but the idea is certainly a valid one and the spanking is well deserved :D. I too liked the more truthful version of the old saying, "this will hurt you more than it does me" :D . I too noticed that Polly is drawn in a much more realistic style than the other characters and that seems to have been a trend among cartoonists for their main character. Too bad Polly wasn't the one getting spanked. Thanks to Phil S. for the vastly improved scan of the spanking scene. Good update! Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

Lately, I haven't had much time to log on, but I wanted to comment about this latest find.

I pretty much agree with the rest of the guys that the way Carrie is drawn doesn't come across as erotic in any way... but for humor, it works!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 09/22/2017

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Web-ed.

Lately, I haven't had much time to log on, but I wanted to comment about this latest find.

I pretty much agree with the rest of the guys that the way Carrie is drawn doesn't come across as erotic in any way... but for humor, it works!
We understand about the time, B00m - no problem as long as you're still with us :D !

Glad you liked the first spanking from Polly. Number Two has just been posted, and I think we'll continue to focus on early humor strips for a while.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 09/29/2017

Post by web-ed »

Last update in September already - good grief! I'm barely keeping up, but so far, so good, I think - I never want to be just "phoning it in," and I've managed to keep up the research and preparation demanded by the quality of Chief Strip Researcher Phil S.'s :ugeek: finds on top of the coding. At the same time, I'd like to be able to do more every now and then, and this week I was able to code some fiction recently provided me by DM Sherwood (among other things, the paragraphing has to be done by hand since I refuse to rely on ugly, machine-generated HTML code). We haven't had any fiction since Doctor Cylon's "The Paddling of Penelope Pitstop" a year ago, so we were about due for some more. I was reminded that I had some other fiction still in the files (and even more not yet in digitized format), so I'll see what I can do about adding fiction on a more frequent basis than yearly :roll: .

It's apparent that the Comic Strip Series will continue into 2018, but I haven't had time to compute how many more weeks to expect. Probably once we get to Thanksgiving I'll focus on updating existing pages with new information/scans until the new year.

This week we're featuring the second of two delightful spankings from Polly and Her Pals, and I think we'll probably continue with comics from the early period for a while. And as a bonus we have DM Sherwood's aforementioned fiction, "Memoirs of an Assistant Principal". It will probably surprise no one to hear that this particular A.P. finds it necessary to administer corporal punishment to the pupils at a girl's reform school :lol: - and what a reform school it is, taking in bad girls from around the galaxy!

Next Week: the Comic Strip Series continues as we focus on Out Our Way, one of many strips that portrayed daily life in early 20th-century America . I had actually been collecting some material from the strip for a couple of years before Phil S. found an actual, on-screen paddling, and I'll try to present it all in one week if possible. See you then! :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Elmer seems quite at ease spanking shapeless women twice his size.

I wonder what the inter galactic girls in the assistant headmaster's story would look like? Would any have more than two butt cheeks? :?
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!! Really Like David DM Sherwood`s Super exciting Sci Fi spanking story Memoirs Of An Assistant Principal :twisted: 8-) 8-) 8-) Wish the assistant principal had made those girls soldiers form a long line and spanked each one over his knee :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: instead of spanking each other :twisted: hope to read the whole story some day 8-) 8-) :D Excellence Story!!!! GREAT SPANKING in this week Polly And Her Pals 8-) like how Aunt Susie is blocking the door so no one could stop Carrie`s spanking :twisted: 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: this is a Comic Spanking Funny :lol: :lol: the otk is nice also notice that one of Carrie`s hand is trap between the spanker`s legs :lol: :lol: nice move! love the shock look on Carrie`s face :lol: :lol: :lol:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I thought the sample of DM's fiction was intriguing. The idea that there is a galaxy of naughty females of many species is certainly an interesting one 8-) . I'm surprised in this day of space exploration that no one thought of this before :lol: . I couldn't help but notice that there is a certain amount of justice in this weeks Polly and her pals spanking :D . The drawings, as you already noted, "emphasizes humor at the expense of eroticism". I certainly agree with that and also with your comment about the expression on her face. She does indeed look shocked :lol: . by the same token, he looks both determined and downright pissed off.......just as it should be :D . You mentioned that Ma is watching with apparent satisfaction and I couldn't help but wonder if Ma wasn't hoping the "new" Elmer might just be thinking that all the female bottoms in the house need a good spanking and that she might be next 8-) . Good updates! Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/06/2017

Post by web-ed »

There isn't much to report for September as far as ongoing searches, although I still have 600 or so comics piled up waiting to be gone through (the fact that I'm burning the midnight oil to write this explains why), so let's forget about my Golden Age search for now and remember to post Sweetspot's current counts:

Sweetspot’s Counts
New Spankings: 29 (as of Out Our Way this week)
Identified Spankings: 2

This week's update: I wanted to focus on Out Our Way, a strip I've searched for several years as scans of it became available. But while I found some missed opportunities, I didn't have anything that would meet the standards necessary for inclusion in the Comics Spanking Data Base until Phil S. :ugeek: managed to locate a scene very similar to some of the failed attempts of the past. For that reason, I've included the missed opportunities on the main page rather than posting them here on the board. It will also help give the feel of the strip to modern-day readers who are unlikely to be too familiar with it. It's a brother/sister scene, something I have a strange fondness for ;) with only one paddle-swat being given, although it's a good one! Congratulations to Phil S. for finding another one - and we're not done yet by a long shot.

Next week it looks like we'll have the second spanking from Somebody's Stenog, and I'd like to stick with early comics for a while after that although Phil S. and I do have some more modern ones to present as well. Once we get to Thanksgiving I may present updates to existing pages rather than new spankings because I don't want CSR readers to miss anything really new and exciting while they're busy with the holidays. And then there are some strip-inspired efforts from Tim and Dr. Cylon that we need to see as well.

If you like spankings from the comic strips, you'll want to visit CSR every week :lol: !
-- Web-Ed