Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
willjohn

Re: Brenda Starr and Merrie's Earlier Spankings

Post by willjohn »

Sweetspot wrote:http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/co ... ing_3.html
JS666 has explained what's going on here in this series from May 1954. We can't be sure of Merrie's age in this sequence but I'm sharing these because I suspect the comments of JS666 and the reference to this scene in Brenda Starr #3 has left several of the CSR faithful curious about this interesting week of repent punishment. May 22, 1954
BrendaStarrMay22,1954Detail.jpg
Merrie doesn't want her dad to get interested in Brenda romantically. She tries everything she can to break up a relationship that actually doesn't exist. Merrie's dad, Hitch Rider, is one of Brenda's employers. May 24, 1954
BrendaStarrMay24,1954DETAIL.jpg
May 25, 1954
A teen tantrum results in another spanking. A talking cat that predate You Tube by decades.
BrendaStarrMay25,1954DETAIL#1.jpg
I remember the old comic trip in the now defunct Sydney afternoon paper The Sun. In 1959 Merrie was 16 and just home from school, in 1954 she would have been 11. Mitch Rider was a hitch hiker Brenda picked up before the earlier sketch. One of Messick's plays on words.
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

I've been really busy and haven't logged in for a while.

This week's entry was a father/daughter spanking, and I don't really have much interest in that.

However, last week, I really liked the spanking that Daphne got! "And a good time was had by all..." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: As you point out, it might not've been such a good time for Daphne, but everyone else seems to be enjoying the show!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I thought that Dale Messick did a really good job of capturing the action in the spanking panel. Our spankee is kicking, crying and her arms are flailing. Regardless of her comment after the spanking that he didn't hit very hard, it seems clear that he did indeed administer a good, sound spanking. I too thought the OTK position was good and I was very pleased so see that Messick drew the spankee with light colored shorts instead of using black so we could see some details of her upturned bottom. Perhaps she felt that the spankee's upturned bottom was very important and should be the focus of a spanking scene. It seemed more difficult to pick up the details of their facial expressions but I have to wonder if that isn't a function of the original printing rather than the artist's drawing? Even at that, we can tell that our spankee is crying. You made the comment, "In all three examples, Messick shows great ability at portraying the "just desserts" kind of spanking. This doesn't mean that she was a spanko, but it does indicate she considered the spanking of a woman by a man acceptable under certain circumstances." I certainly agree with this comment and I would add that the realistic way the spanking scene is depicted makes me think that she had a certain amount of real life experience with such spankings and perhaps realized how important they were in her own life 8-) . Thanks and a tip of the hat to Phil S. for filling us in on this great story line. Good update :D . Thanks, Phil O.
jimc

Post by jimc »

The spankings in Brenda Starr were indeed great. This one i had seen somewhere attributed to Mark Trail and i was glad to get the right info. I did enjoy this spanking scene as i did find her position, facial expressions and costume to be great. Although i always wondered about who this charactor was based on as with his pipe he looked like Steve Roper or early Kerry Drake also. I also enjoys Phils finds and explaining about the spankings (why it happened, what happened after the spanking and when it was published). The spankee last week was indeed a fine piece of spanking as it did show several great things and an otk position that did show her bottom the best and i would say it was one of the finer drawings i had seen in the times, but that just may be my personal preference. Thanks for a great series . In our orginal poll of Spanked newspaper comics women that we would like to see spanked Brenda was the winner and although she has been spanked i thought this one and last weeks were better spankings so i look forward to another spanking that i may not have seen. While i was not able to comment about the Popeye spankings (Olive has not been my favorite spankee i did find these to be okay and i prefer the waitress getting spanked as a very great one. Although i do think you missed the one of Popeye spanking the Sea Hag or Spanking of Alice the goon i also do not think they were that great spankings myself, but spankings in Popeye nonetheless. I have commented before that almost every charactor in Popeye has been spanked and while CSR rightfully has only shown the M/f i only mention it as a passing note about spankings in comics. Have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

More (the) Merrie(er) Spankings

Post by web-ed »

Wow - more very interesting stuff, Phil! :o I suppose I should add these to the existing page rather than calling them Brenda Starr #5, which would be confusing. Into the files with them... :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/15/2017

Post by web-ed »

This week, it's the cataclysmic conclusion of our Brenda Starr mini-series, and we've got two very nice treats for our readers:
Plus, there's been a lot going on here in the forum the past week - I'm going to try to catch up myself! :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Looks like being the editor's niece did not help Daphne escape her spanking nor her gaol time.

From memory Brenda's main rival among journalists was a girl named " Libby Lipps" or something similar.

I do not know if Libby was ever spanked in the comic strip but it would be a shame if she was not.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Hi WEB-ED CSR!!! Love all the spankings in Brenda Starr :D :D :D wonder was there any spanking in the later series? instead of firing her Daphne`s uncle should have did the spanking :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well Mr. Livwright did a good job :D :lol: :lol: notice why does Daphne`s long tight skirt keep changing from black to white :? the otk is GOOD!! don`t know why Atwell decided to sat side way on his chair :lol: :lol: also love there a witness watching Daphne`s painful comeuppance 8-) Great Spanking in a long tight skirt in comic!!!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

It looks like Tom has decided that Brenda needs a really good paddling :D . He has her over his lap, head and panties down and her bare bottom up, leg locked and he's holding her arm while he blisters her bare bottom with the hairbrush 8-) . I'm not sure just what she did but I will say this is exactly what I've done a time or 2 to a girl friend who lied to me so perhaps that's it :D . I thought Brenda looked pretty cute rubbing her bottom and I got a kick from her smile and her explanation that she's a sub :lol: . It seems to me that everything is exactly as it should be :lol: .
[Phil here is referring to Tim's Brenda Starr pastiche - Web-Ed]

In the actual Brenda Starr strip, it's certainly obvious that Daphne deserves to have her bottom blistered and it sounds like it's already been way too long :lol: . It's a good story. It's too bad the artist didn't do a better job of showing us the spanker's lap which would have cleared up the spanking panel. Your explanation of a problem with the perspective making her position look odd is probably correct although it could be that she's just twisting and squirming because the spanking hurts :lol: . Good updates. Thanks, Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

The younger man in the background with the checked coat is Pesky Miller, described as a " cub reporter and smart kid who thinks he knows everything."

From memory he never did Brenda or her chain smoking gal pal Hank O'Hair a bad turn.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:The younger man in the background with the checked coat is Pesky Miller, described as a " cub reporter and smart kid who thinks he knows everything."

From memory he never did Brenda or her chain smoking gal pal Hank O'Hair a bad turn.
Thanks for the info, Willjohn - I'll try hard to remember to add it to the page this week. :)

[Done as of 12/22]
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB-ED CSR!! Didn`t Know Brenda Starr was a sub :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Love Pastiche Brenda Starr bare bottom spanking OUCH!!!! think she a little too far over his knee but I like how her bare rear is sticking up high! also like the add pleasure of knowing she had to drive home sating on a hard wooden plank :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: GOOD Drawing 8-) MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!! WEB-ED CSR :D :D :D :D :D
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/22/2017

Post by web-ed »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:Hi WEB-ED CSR!! Didn`t Know Brenda Starr was a sub :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Love Pastiche Brenda Starr bare bottom spanking OUCH!!!! think she a little too far over his knee but I like how her bare rear is sticking up high! also like the add pleasure of knowing she had to drive home sating on a hard wooden plank :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: GOOD Drawing 8-) MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!! WEB-ED CSR :D :D :D :D :D
Glad you liked it, Butch! As a matter of fact, though, those are last week's updates as I've been unusually slow in getting this week's updates posted, but they're out there now.

Because we're so close to Christmas, I don't want to reveal any more of Phil S.'s :ugeek: new discoveries until January when I can be sure everyone will see them right away and not have to look back over several weeks to see what was posted. Therefore, for at least this week and next, and possibly the first week in January, we'll be featuring his discoveries that relate to already-known spankings. I'm also going to try to work in some of Dr. Cylon's comic strip related work.

However, I want to stress that we still have a lot of previously-unseen spankings to cover in the comic strip series, which will continue well into 2018. I'll try to provide more details with some numbers in early January when we discuss my plans for 2018. I simply haven't had enough time to count up how much more strip-related material we've got. As for Doctor Cylon, I have been very pleasantly surprised by how much new material he recently provided. Currently, I have more than 500 items in the "Doctor Cylon file" :o , although due to legal reasons some of these cannot be posted on CSR. Obviously, regular postings in the Doc Cylon gallery are highly desirable, and will be a goal for 2018.

This week's updates:
  • The indefatigable Doctor Cylon provides us with no fewer than eight new variations on Brandy spanked!
  • The Comic Strip Series continues with another look at Steve Canyon Spanking #2 - new scans from Sweetspot!

Merry Christmas, everyone! :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

From the handle on the implement on the Steve Canyon strip it is obviously a walking stick. His dream is obviously a wet one.

Nice artwork by Dr Cyclon on Brandy's shapely arse. Well may her little friend drop his ice cream. She would probably like it if he rubbed it on the offended area. :twisted:
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

The Steve Canyon sequence is improved by the new scans. At least Poteet no longer looks like she has smallpox scars.
Libby Lipps is indeed the name of the woman who was one of Brenda Starr's biggest rivals. She starts out as a reporter for The Comet, a rival newspaper of The Flash. Even though she makes a name for herself by stealing a story from Brenda, editor Livwright inexplicably brings her on board The Flash where she and Brenda obviously continue to clash. In fact, with the exception of her stout cousin Abretha Breeze and odd looking friend Hank O'Hair, Brenda is often in conflict with many of the women in the strip. Besides Libby there's Daphne, Lazy Gregson, Zeela Lee [who marries Hitch Rider], Liz Cleaver and Gilda Lilly to name a few - all fine candidates for a spanking at one time or another.
But speaking of Steve Canyon let's follow up on Steve Canyon #1 -
http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/co ... ing_1.html
by revealing how the same spanking is represented in the following day's strip Monday February 23, 1981:
SteveCanyonFebruary23,1981.jpg
SteveCanyonFebruary23,1981.jpg (39.98 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 12/23/2017

Post by web-ed »

Thanks for the new scan, Phil - I'll have to add it to the page.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I enjoyed seeing all the new variations with which Doc Cylon presented us :D . It's obvious that the good doctor has a very active fantasy life :lol: . Steve Canyon has some strange dreams. I'm not a fan of caning and especially if it's applied to the spankee's back instead of her bottom end. I did like the fact that Phil found some better scans and got us some more information about the spanking. MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL :D . Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/29/2017

Post by web-ed »

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and here we are with the last update in 2017:

The Comic Strip Series continues with the three early spankings of Merrie in Brenda Starr - more scans from Sweetspot!

Yes, everyone who follows this board has already seen them, but they're a significant find by any measure and need to be on the main site. All of Phil S.'s :ugeek: important discoveries, including updates to existing known spankings, are going to be covered as part of The Comic Strip Series. That doesn't mean we don't have anything new - far from it! - as I mentioned last time. I'm not sure yet exactly how to distribute them over the coming weeks, but we'll see.

Thanks for your support this past year, Happy New Year to everyone, and we'll see you next year when we present a special on Li'l Abner - we have something from Phil Sweetspot (both Daisy Mae and Moonbeam McSwine receive swift kicks to their behinds), Larry Malone contributes a couple of pieces, and we'll revisit Doctor Cylon's all-time favorite drawing - with a bunch of new variations on it! :D
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

i enjoyed your speculation about Dale Messick's interest in spanking. You asked the question, "Was she spanked, or was being turned over a man's knee and spanked into submission merely a fantasy that she was never able to experience in real life?" That's a damn good question and I'll add that it could have been a combination of both. Perhaps she was spanked at least once as a child and that became one of those trans formative events you've already written about. It could be that after that, she had a really hard time getting another such spanking even though she tried really hard. It's been my experience that once a woman sets her mind to something, she'll go to extremes to make it happen if need be and that includes getting a spanking. As you said, "we may never know."......but it's fun to think about :D . I liked the story line in this and I'll speculate that we all enjoy seeing a headstrong girl spanked to submission 8-) . I can't say much for the spanking panels as they were mostly too small to make out any details. I do think all the folks either watching or listening to her spankings are what make them more interesting. The after spanking panels though, with her tears flowing and her bottom stinging, did bring a smile to my face :D . I also got a laugh out of the panel with the cat thinking that was a lot of commotion considering there was only one in the litter :lol: . This kind of reminds me of Dave Wolfe who often includes animals with thoughts of their own about the spanking activities that are the main focus of his drawings 8-) . One viewer actually told Dave that she really enjoyed the "scruffy" looking animals in his toons. Dave seized on this and now just calls them all Scruffies :lol: Thanks to Phil S. for finding all these. Good updates, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI-WEB-ED CSR!!! It Great to see my all time favorite spanker Doctor Cylon making a last call before the New Year :twisted: 8-) 8-) 8-) WOW!!! this was a Birther Spanking :o :lol: :lol: :lol: no wonder the guy with a close up view to Brandy`s burning hot Bottom ice cream melted :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: nice shade of red her bare bottom is :D :D and the look on her face fantastic :D if this is a Birthday spanking she doesn`t want to see a punishment spanking from the Good Doctor :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: GREAT!! GREAT!! Doctor Cylon on a Frank Cho drawing! Poteet being cane in Steve Canyon isn`t a very good spanking being her back not her buttocks are being hit :x also the guy is using a walking stick instead of a thin rattan cane which would have been good to see striking her rear :D :D The Queen Snowflake spanking her daughter over the knee is Super 8-) 8-) BIG THUMBS UP Sweetspot 8-) 8-) 8-) Merrie from Brenda Starr is one very headstrong young woman that needs lot of spanking!! HAPPY NEW YEAR WEB- ED CSR :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D