Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

you have presented a lot of new information as well as verifying some of your original conclusions concerning the "My Secret Spanking" story :D . i'm always interested when you get facts concerning something that you have speculated about before and it seems to me that you are right much of the time ;) . your experience seems to stand you in good stead in these matters :D . again, i found it interesting that the story had been re printed in another publication or publications............fox, superior............star. i'm glad you are able to dig out this information for us because i find it all fascinating and i certainly don't have the knowledge or experience to do it myself :lol: . anyway, this is a pretty good story and we always love to see a spoiled rich girl getting taken down a peg :D . you commented on the post spanking panel where she is lying quietly thinking how much she hates him.........somehow her thoughts seem all wrong to me. i would have shown her rethinking her own thoughts. it makes me wonder if the writer known much about adult spanking. i noticed that on page 2 of the "Dream book of Romance #5" during the scene where they are dancing, Johnny and Julie are drawn in color while the rest of the scene is black and white..........or at least not fully colored. was this a standard practice? i wondered if they did that just to make sure the main action was emphasized........or perhaps just to save money?? i liked your analysis of the motivations for the reader to identify with the heroine. it certainly makes sense to me and i would agree that both the characters and the story were designed to do just that. the idea of having the man spank the girl with which the readers are identifying.........especially for such good reasons makes perfect sense. guaranteed to melt the hearts of young, female readers :D . thanks for all the information and speculation concerning Frank Bolle. it was all fascinating, including his job drawing Apartment 3-G. if i were a betting man, i'd be putting my money on your speculation about him being a spanko and writing some of these stories himself ;) . really in depth updates this week :D . thanks for your time to dig up and present all this for us. phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

I love the new scans . it is always great to see enhanced works of something you have seen before. Thank you web-ed for tracking down the originals and then getting them posted. I thank all the people that post and make this site better with every visit. Have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/20/2015

Post by web-ed »

butch wrote:On a cold night like this one can only think of SUPER SUMMER SPANKING DRAWINGS!! 8-)
A comforting thought on a cold winter's evening indeed, Butch! And we will have another Super-Spanking Summer this year, perhaps along with some more Humorama models in bikinis just to maintain the proper atmosphere!
daneldorado wrote:Wow, Web-ed... You've really spiked my curiosity. In a recent post, you said:

We also revisit what I have called "The most infamous comic-book spanking of all time" in Frontier Romances #1 with some nice new scans!

Okay, now that is stupendous news. But because of your hard work and the work of fellow spankos who run other spank sites, we have all had the opportunity to see -- and to download -- many spank pics we never knew existed. I tell you, the treasures that have been made available to us through all your labors are amazing! We love that stuff, but now you have promised an improved scan of what you call "the most infamous comic-book spanking of all time." Can't think what that one would be, though I assume it could be a nice scan of the Phantom spanking her imperial highness Queen Pera. :D

But no... you say it has something to do with Frontier Romances, so it can't be a queen-spanking in the jungle. Gotta go west.

The mind reels. "Infamous???" What could it be?
Although the Phantom/Queen Pera spanking may have been the finest ever to appear in a comic strip (a tough call), it was never particularly "infamous" (which is interesting in itself). No, I called the spanking in Frontier Romances #1 "the most infamous" because it was used in Seduction of the Innocent, Fredric Wertham's attempt to blame juvenile delinquency on comic books. Wertham specifically referred to depictions of spanking as "sexual flagellation upon the buttocks" (I've never forgotten that phrase since I first read it 35 years ago!) and implied they would turn kids into spankos. Here is the spanking panel again:
overbarrel49 wrote:you have presented a lot of new information as well as verifying some of your original conclusions concerning the "My Secret Spanking" story :D . i'm always interested when you get facts concerning something that you have speculated about before and it seems to me that you are right much of the time ;) . your experience seems to stand you in good stead in these matters :D .
Thanks much, Phil. I must admit I am indeed right much of the time :lol: the result of many years of studying comics and comic spankings that I might easily have wasted saving the world or something.
jimc wrote:I love the new scans . it is always great to see enhanced works of something you have seen before. Thank you web-ed for tracking down the originals and then getting them posted.
You're welcome, Jim! You'll be glad to know I have several other such updates, and we'll get to them eventually... :roll:
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I didn't get a chance to log on until now... (I was trying to hurry up and finish an O.T. Katie story I was working on in time to post it BEFORE the end of "Romantic Spanking Month")

I'm really happy that your most recent two finds feature M/F OTK spankings! Te stories are corny to be sure... but sometimes corny is fun! In My Secret Romance we get the full story and a much better scan of a comic book spanking that's been posted before... and then... an all-new comic book spanking! (Well, at least new to the internet audience) Heh heh! It may have been a "holiday heart-throb" as the title suggests... but just maybe something else was throbbing by the time he finished spanking her! :D :D :D :D And.... the he takes her in his arms and she knows that it was all for LOVE! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Great updates!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 02/27/2015

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Great updates!
Thanks b00m! I'll be looking for that new O. T. Katie strip as soon as I've finished the weekly board maintenance here. I appreciate you scrambling to try to finish it in time for Romantic Spanking Month.

Romantic Spanking Month concludes with the last of our newly-discovered romance comics spankings. We also revisit what I have called "The most infamous comic-book spanking of all time" in Frontier Romances #1 with some nice new scans!
For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Comics Update: We revisit "the most infamous comic-book spanking of all time," Frontier Romances #1, which was condemned in Seduction of the Innocent as a graphic depiction of "sexual flagellation upon the buttocks"! A less-hysterical description would be, "Young man spanks the young woman he loves while she's wearing a swimsuit." We have replaced the spanking panel with a better scan, and presented the complete 7-page story.
  • New Romance Comic Spanking: The ol' Web-Ed does it again, finding another spanking no one even suspected existed in the title that spawned the romance comic genre, Young Romance. Our heroine is a complete hellion beneath her sweet exterior until her boyfriend tames her with a good spanking!
Next Week: I announced my plans here on the forum some time ago, but as I've just barely kept up the pace this month, I might have to do a quick fill-in issue with some updates to existing pages instead. Either way, we'll have something worth seeing and I hope to get a little caught up. :)
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks again, Web-ed, for posting those improved scans. The principal kindness you perform for us is to find these hidden treasures wherever they lurk. That's number one. But oh, it is so much more wonderful when you locate and post an IMPROVED image of the same picture. That tells me a lot. It says that you are a refined researcher, bent on providing the very best quality there is.

Along these lines, I again want to thank you for the great research you did in providing the like-new scan of that "mystery" panel early this month, of the "Della" bent-over spanking where she tells the guy, "Harder! I deserve it!" Yessiree, Nick. That one is like finding the Holy Grail... though, of course, I don't mean to blaspheme.

And now, this week you have contributed another good pic to the spanking commonweal, from something called "Young Romance No. 39." Although most of the stuff that you and others post here is artwork we've seen before, this "Young Romance" pic is one I have never ever seen before... and I've seen a LOT! And if I may say so, this picture looks to me as if the artist had his whole heart into the drawing of it. :lol: He has given this normally attractive girl -- "Kitty?" -- a ghastly fright mask in the panel where she is being spanked.

Carry on, my friend. I will continue to keep my eyes open to any new spank pics that you haven't discovered yet.

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

ok, first the Frontier Romances #1. thanks for presenting the entire story of this spanking. it's really great to know the entire story behind any spanking drawing but i know it must have taken you a long time to get all this lined out for us :D . i took this opportunity to start from the beginning and look at everything you've written since your first post in June of 2010. as always, i found all the history on this to be really fascinating. as i think i mentioned last week, i always love it when your speculation is proved to be right ;) . anyway, it was an interesting journey from the first post with the poor scan, through all the updates as more evidence presented itself, to the final scans of the entire story. as a spanko, i really thought there should have been a second spanking at the end. i guess we're never satisfied :lol: . this one has to be a really great victory for you personally since you've been wondering about this one for 40 years or so 8-) . thanks for all the hard work to present this to us :D . now for Young Romance #39..........another great find for you :D . i like this story and also the way Kirby captured the "action" in this one. that's just the kind of spanking scene i like..........regardless of any complaints about the way the spankee is drawn as you discussed :D . of course, i again would have liked to see another spanking scene........this time more publicly in the bowling alley :lol: . again, i liked all the information you presented with this one and especially your observations about how many references to spanking there are in this one. my favorite of the bunch was when Kitty admits that she probably deserves another spanking 8-) . hmmmmm, kind of makes me wonder just what emotions were awakened in her by the spanking ;) . great end to romantic spanking month :D :D . thanks for all your hard work to present this to us. phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!! Excellent job this week 8-) I think Laurie in Frontier Romance should have got another spanking from Rick for nearly getting them blown up :lol: Glad to see the whole panel leading up toward the spanking!It would have been better if Rick was sitting on that rock with Laurie sprawl across his lap kicking and screaming! :D anyway this is a great spanking 8-) like how Laurie`s bathing suit bottom is up high as Rick spanks her soundly :lol: GREAT SPANKING!!! Happy times back then when The Judge OK SPANKING 8-) unlike Laurie in Frontier Romance Frank should have use a hairbrush on Kitty more than once :lol: Kitty have that Joan Crawford TUDE :lol: the otk in this drawing is good with Frank holding down this wildcat as he slam her bottom real hard 8-) her facial expressing says it all OUCH!! :lol: Wonder how something like that would playout in this day and time :twisted: maybe it would be worth a stint in jail dealing with women of today like that! SUPER GREAT SPANKING IN COMIC! GOOD FIND WEB-ED THANKS! 8-)
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/27/2015

Post by hugob00m »

Wow! This has to be one of your all-time best updates!
web-ed wrote:Comics Update: We revisit "the most infamous comic-book spanking of all time," Frontier Romances #1, which was condemned in Seduction of the Innocent as a graphic depiction of "sexual flagellation upon the buttocks"! A less-hysterical description would be, "Young man spanks the young woman he loves while she's wearing a swimsuit." We have replaced the spanking panel with a better scan, and presented the complete 7-page story.
This is a comic book spanking I've known about the existence of for a long time. I read Seduction of the Innocent sometime in the '80s. Now, thanks to you, we have the whole story, so that we can see the spanking in its context, and a much better scan than I've ever seen of the spanking panel itself! Now we can see that the hero had just saved the girl from drowning. First he was in a panic, and then, when he had her safely on shore, his fear for her life subsided and was replaced with anger that she had taken such a stupid chance! (A good reason for a spanking, as well as a fairly traditional one!) AND... since they've just emerged from the lake... we can see that she's being spanked on the seat of a WET swimsuit! :D :D :D :D
web-ed wrote:New Romance Comic Spanking: The ol' Web-Ed does it again, finding another spanking no one even suspected existed in the title that spawned the romance comic genre, Young Romance. Our heroine is a complete hellion beneath her sweet exterior until her boyfriend tames her with a good spanking!
And then, we get a previously unknown comic book spanking panel... along with enough of the story to see why the spanking was needed... AND that the girl's father and kid brother agreed wholeheartedly with the young suitor's decision to spank the young lady! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A great conclusion to a great Eomantic Spanking Month!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/27/2015

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:.
Thanks again, Web-ed, for posting those improved scans. The principal kindness you perform for us is to find these hidden treasures wherever they lurk. That's number one. But oh, it is so much more wonderful when you locate and post an IMPROVED image of the same picture. That tells me a lot. It says that you are a refined researcher, bent on providing the very best quality there is.

Along these lines, I again want to thank you for the great research you did in providing the like-new scan of that "mystery" panel early this month, of the "Della" bent-over spanking where she tells the guy, "Harder! I deserve it!" Yessiree, Nick. That one is like finding the Holy Grail... though, of course, I don't mean to blaspheme.

And now, this week you have contributed another good pic to the spanking commonweal, from something called "Young Romance No. 39." Although most of the stuff that you and others post here is artwork we've seen before, this "Young Romance" pic is one I have never ever seen before... and I've seen a LOT! And if I may say so, this picture looks to me as if the artist had his whole heart into the drawing of it. :lol: He has given this normally attractive girl -- "Kitty?" -- a ghastly fright mask in the panel where she is being spanked.

Carry on, my friend. I will continue to keep my eyes open to any new spank pics that you haven't discovered yet.
I will indeed carry on, Dan - and thank you for your interest and continued support! :D The Young Romance #39 was an original discovery of mine last year, so I knew no one in the spanking world had ever seen it - only a few Golden Age collectors.
I'm still searching through more romance comics as they become available, so we may hope for a few more undiscovered treasures if we're lucky.
overbarrel49 wrote:ok, first the Frontier Romances #1. thanks for presenting the entire story of this spanking. it's really great to know the entire story behind any spanking drawing but i know it must have taken you a long time to get all this lined out for us :D . i took this opportunity to start from the beginning and look at everything you've written since your first post in June of 2010. as always, i found all the history on this to be really fascinating. as i think i mentioned last week, i always love it when your speculation is proved to be right ;) ... now for Young Romance #39..........another great find for you :D . i like this story and also the way Kirby captured the "action" in this one. that's just the kind of spanking scene i like..........regardless of any complaints about the way the spankee is drawn as you discussed :D . of course, i again would have liked to see another spanking scene........this time more publicly in the bowling alley :lol: . again, i liked all the information you presented with this one and especially your observations about how many references to spanking there are in this one. my favorite of the bunch was when Kitty admits that she probably deserves another spanking 8-) . hmmmmm, kind of makes me wonder just what emotions were awakened in her by the spanking ;) . great end to romantic spanking month :D :D . thanks for all your hard work to present this to us. phil
You're most welcome, Phil, and I'm glad you enjoyed the updates. :D
butch wrote:Frank should have use a hairbrush on Kitty more than once :lol: Kitty have that Joan Crawford TUDE :lol: the otk in this drawing is good with Frank holding down this wildcat as he slam her bottom real hard 8-) her facial expressing says it all OUCH!! :lol: Wonder how something like that would playout in this day and time :twisted: maybe it would be worth a stint in jail dealing with women of today like that! SUPER GREAT SPANKING IN COMIC! GOOD FIND WEB-ED THANKS! 8-)
You do have to be careful about spanking women today, Butch - I certainly wouldn't try it at the office unless it was clear the spankee was absolutely o.k. with it, which by the way is how I think most office spankings have occurred (that is, consensually). That is how it was when I spanked a female clerk at the office many years ago :lol: ! But with rebellious girl friends, I say go for it! Notice that Kitty, bad as she was, later admitted she deserved the spanking 8-) .
hugob00m wrote:Wow! This has to be one of your all-time best updates!
I'm glad you felt that way about it, b00m! I was certainly happy with it, too. :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 03/06/2015

Post by web-ed »

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.

Lots of ground to cover today, but first let me remind CSR readers not to forget about our Resident Artists Dan, Phil, and b00m. There is a lot of great stuff in their galleries right here on this forum. Just recently, Phil has started a new series called Family Tradition, while b00m kindly did a special episode of O. T. Katie on how Katie met Bullmoose at the end of February for Romantic Spanking Month. If you're into spanking, you won't want to miss either of these two series, and I know some of you are out there searching for Spanky Sal, Sam Swatt, or some of Dan's other characters. (I can't provide a direct link to Dan's gallery because there's a two-link limit imposed by this board's software, but just go the Resident Artists Forum and you will be able to get to any of the subforums without any difficulty.)

Next, the February search report: I didn't find a thing! :( Actually, I didn't search that many pages - I think around 1500 - but there were about 20 romance comics in there so of course that built up my hopes a little. One must be realistic, though - despite the sheer number of romance comics spankings, they weren't all that common. It's just that so many of these comics were published - often with three or four stories per issue - that the infrequent spanking scenes did finally add up. And there are still more of these from the Golden Age to be searched, even though I've been at it for years, so we may still hope to find something more.

Now for this week's updates:
  • Humorama Series: At last - the series returns with 11 never-before-seen Humorama spanking cartoons! Let's begin where we left off - with a Kirk Stiles Secretary Spanking cartoon! A secretary thinks she's lucky to work for a boss who doesn't spank her all the time. But when she bends over his desk to give him a hug, his wife enters the room and draws her hand back to apply the swat! Well, that's life in Humorama-land.
  • Humorama Missed Opportunities: This is an ongoing series right here on the bulletin board. This time our theme is "In a Pinch!". Unfortunately I can't provide the link here because of that darned two-link limit again, but you can find it on the Home Page or else simply go over to the Spanking in Media Forum and find it under the broad "Humorama" topic.

Next Week: The series continues with a cartoon that bears a striking resemblance to one of CSR Resident Artist Dan Rivera's, and we revisit Kirk Stiles' Double Jeopardy Spanking.

We'll have one new Humorama spanking cartoon each week plus something else: an update to an existing Humorama page or a special feature like Tim's Humorama Pastiches or this week's "Missed Opportunities" (that is, for spankings). You won't want to miss a bit of the spanking fun :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

your February searches sound pretty disappointing..............sigh. i'm glad that you never give up though and i personally have confidence that you will be discovering more comic spankings :D . i can see that Mrs, Berkshire does NOT approve of the secretary hugging her husband :lol: . you mentioned that she was winding up to deliver a tremendous swat............and now the air was shattered by the force of Casey's blow :lol: . very nicely drawn, attractive spankee as you noted 8-) . i like the goofy look on Mr. Berkshire's face as he receives the hug and the "uh-oh' look on the face of the man watching from the doorway :lol: . i also liked your comments about the secretary expecting to be spanked a lot and pleasantly surprised that it wasn't happening. we know that spanking was more generally accepted then than it is now so i have to wonder just where this idea of spanking female employees came from? did it actually happen a lot?........or perhaps the word just got around from a few instances that actually did happen?..........or perhaps it's all just a fantasy that may have been more common in those days? thanks for updating this one for us :D . i will go to the "Spanking in Media' forum to comment on the pinching pics you've posted. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 03/06/2015

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:i also liked your comments about the secretary expecting to be spanked a lot and pleasantly surprised that it wasn't happening. we know that spanking was more generally accepted then than it is now so i have to wonder just where this idea of spanking female employees came from? did it actually happen a lot?........or perhaps the word just got around from a few instances that actually did happen?..........or perhaps it's all just a fantasy that may have been more common in those days?
As far as where the idea came from for the first office spanking cartoon (and the earliest yet known to me, which we haven't seen yet and which was not from Humorama, dates from a few months before Bill Wenzel's first secretary spanking for Humorama in July 1955), we may never know, although I'm inclined to believe it was simply dreamed up by a cartoonist rather than based on a true event he heard about, and that other cartoonists just adapted it for their own purposes. This is the 43rd time we've seen a secretary spanked in Humorama cartoons, so the basic idea proved to be an adaptable and useful one :lol: . There were also occasional secretary spankings in the comics (Somebody's Stenog and Venus come to mind), so it had to be the kind of thing that seemed at least like it might possibly happen.

I am convinced that actual office spankings could and did take place, and not simply because I administered one myself (in a private area) back in the 1980's ;) . Separating wheat from chaff isn't always easy, and when someone tells a "true story" about office spankings you can never know for sure if it's true or just this guy's personal fantasy. But I remember a story about an office spanking in the 30's that somehow rang true, and I read one in a men's magazine from the 60's (I think it was Mr.) that also had that feeling of genuineness to it, and in fact I'm going to share that one with CSR readers eventually.

There are of course no figures telling us how common this activity may once have been, and we should suppose it's almost entirely extinct these days because of the obvious liability (the last one I heard of, where a woman was spanked with a "For Sale" sign for poor sales, cost the company involved a good deal of money!). I doubt it happened too frequently, and I also think it was consensual in the sense I doubt anyone was spanked if she vigorously objected. (That odd situation came up in another cartoon we haven't seen yet, one by Louis Priscilla.) I see it as happening this way: boss informs secretary or clerk that she's going to be spanked for screwing up, and the employee, feeling guilty and also believing that it's right for her to get spanked, meekly submits to being turned OTK. As we have noted elsewhere, women have a high capacity for guilt and will occasionally take a spanking if they feel guilty about doing something wrong even if they're not into the scene. And of course it still could happen that way... :D
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Well! After the exceptional update last week, I was prepared to be disappointed this week. But instead, I was pleasantly surprised!
web-ed wrote:Humorama Series: At last - the series returns with 11 never-before-seen Humorama spanking cartoons! Let's begin where we left off - with a Kirk Stiles Secretary Spanking cartoon! A secretary thinks she's lucky to work for a boss who doesn't spank her all the time. But when she bends over his desk to give him a hug, his wife enters the room and draws her hand back to apply the swat! Well, that's life in Humorama-land.
Even though I'd rather see an M/F OTK spanking... this one was cute! The girl bending over the desk seems blissfully unaware of the target she's presenting... and unaware as well that the boss's wife is standing behind her with hand drawn back! It makes me wonder if the boss is into F/F spankings and instead of giving the young lady a swat himself, he's cleverly arranged circumstances so that she just happened to be bent over the desk giving him a hug at the moment his wife walked through the door?

Also, the fact that she's so grateful that Mr. Berkshire doesn't spank her all the time, makes me think that maybe one or more of her previous employers used to spank her on a fairly regular basis. Now, THAT would've been fun to see!

(And thanks for the plug for my O.T. Katie strip!)
web-ed wrote:Humorama Missed Opportunities: This is an ongoing series right here on the bulletin board. This time our theme is "In a Pinch!". Unfortunately I can't provide the link here because of that darned two-link limit again, but you can find it on the Home Page or else simply go over to the Spanking in Media Forum and find it under the broad "Humorama" topic.
Pinching seems to be another manifestation of the male fascination with the female buttocks. So then... the guys that like to pinch women and watch women getting pinched... are they called pinchos? Was Bronson Pinchot a pincho?

I noticed that, in cartoon form... a lady who's just been pinched looks a lot like one who's just been spanked, with those lines radiating from her backside! In fact, I think maybe some of those pinch cartoons could be easily changed into spank cartoons with just a different caption! (I might have to see if I can do that.)
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Maybe her Boss doesn`t spanks his secretary but his wife sure do :lol: Really like Kirk Stiles humor along with his fantastic drawing of the female form small waist big hips plump rear nice breasts :D anyway eventhough this is not otk the secretary is going to get one hard smack on the bottom from her Bosses wife OUCH :twisted: ! wonder the guy peeking in was trying to warn the Boss his wife was here or just there to witness the action :lol: GREAT DRAWING FROM KIRK STILES 8-) I remember in Jr High and High school that I smacked a few girls bottom but never pinched any :lol: all thought of old men doing that :lol: seeing these drawing of women holding their smarting bottom after being pinch is hot but I wish they was reacting after a good spanking! HOT DRAWINGS!! 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 03/13/2015

Post by web-ed »

I've finally settled on a pattern for the weekly updates from now until May 15: we'll have one brand-new Humorama cartoon as The Humorama Series continues, plus a special feature that will alternate weeks. I have some more of Tim's Humorama Pastiches that I've been holding on to since I had to bring the series to a close back in August 2013, but unfortunately not enough to run one each week. Therefore, we'll either have one of Tim's pieces (starting next week) or else a Humorama Special Feature, Missed Opportunities or Models to See More of, over on the Forum. This week we'll have a third feature as well, an update of an existing page. :)

• Humorama Series #158: Several times we've seen a psychiatrist spank his female patient (sound therapy, if you ask us). This time, the male patient spanks his female doctor! And if this sounds familiar, we'll show you why!
  • Humorama Update: The double jeopardy defense fails to work for this secretary spanked by her boss after his partner already turned her OTK! All we had on this one before was an unidentified photostatic copy; now we have documented three of this cartoon's four appearances with new scans.
  • Humorama Special: Although Humorama existed sort of at the margins of popular culture, we did find a reference to it in a comic book of all places - Palookaville #5. Read all about it in Humorama External References, a new topic we put over on the Spanking in Media Forum.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

the drawing of the patient spanking the therapist is a good find and i certainly like the idea :D . i do hope that we'll be able to find out just who the artist is at some point even though you seem to have some doubts that it will ever happen. Dan's drawing with the same theme is quite superior in all respects to this one and i actually think the one by J Falks looks very crude by comparison. one thing both drawings have in common is the rather evil look on the spanker's face :lol: . i was happy to see that we now have 3 of the 4 printings of the Stiles secretary spanking. what the young lady doesn't understand here is that to a spanker, double jeopardy means spanking both cheeks :lol: you seemed to like the depiction of the leg lock but i personally thought it looked a bit odd. for one thing, her legs appear to be too short from the knees down and also seem to be going off at a right angle??? however, i didn't let that bother me too much and our spanker certainly is in control of this spanking 8-) . i thought your comic with the reference to Humorama was interesting. good updates :D . thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Ah! Another great week of updates! I always like it when you find a new Humorama cartoon, or a better copy of one that's been around for a while!
web-ed wrote:Humorama Series #158: Several times we've seen a psychiatrist spank his female patient (sound therapy, if you ask us). This time, the male patient spanks his female doctor! And if this sounds familiar, we'll show you why!
Did Dan copy the idea from J. Falks, or did he just come up with the same idea on his own? He can answer that one... but I don't suppose it really matters much anyway. There are only so many variations of the standard spanking gags to go around, There's bound to be some repetition from time to time. I agree with you and phil, that Dan's version is better drawn... AND there's the subtle pun he used in naming his psychiatrist! In the '70s, an attractive woman was referred to as a "fox", and Dan's shrink has a diploma on her wall that says her name is Fox!

I notice that both psychiatrists are wearing stockings and garters for their sessions. One might think they were trying to provoke that kind of reaction from their patients! (that is, IF the patient's compulsions are sexually-motivated!) And both of the psychiatrists are continuing to take notes while being spanked. Does that mean they are so used to being spanked that the impact doesn't phase them, or are the patients just not spanking them very hard?
web-ed wrote:Humorama Update: The double jeopardy defense fails to work for this secretary spanked by her boss after his partner already turned her OTK! All we had on this one before was an unidentified photostatic copy; now we have documented three of this cartoon's four appearances with new scans.
It's nice to see a better scan of this Kirk Stiles cartoon! It isn't exactly his best work, but the joke is funny and the lady is pretty, and now we can see better.
web-ed wrote:Humorama Special: Although Humorama existed sort of at the margins of popular culture, we did find a reference to it in a comic book of all places - Palookaville #5. Read all about it in Humorama External References, a new topic we put over on the Spanking in Media Forum.
That wasn an interesting find, even though it didn't have any spanking references in it. I suppose if one of us had written the story, there would've been... especially since the artists mentioned were Bill Ward, Bill Wenzel, and Dan Decarlo, who all did the occasional spanking cartoon!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 03/13/2015

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Did Dan copy the idea from J. Falks, or did he just come up with the same idea on his own? He can answer that one... but I don't suppose it really matters much anyway. There are only so many variations of the standard spanking gags to go around, There's bound to be some repetition from time to time. I agree with you and phil, that Dan's version is better drawn... AND there's the subtle pun he used in naming his psychiatrist! In the '70s, an attractive woman was referred to as a "fox", and Dan's shrink has a diploma on her wall that says her name is Fox!

I notice that both psychiatrists are wearing stockings and garters for their sessions. One might think they were trying to provoke that kind of reaction from their patients! (that is, IF the patient's compulsions are sexually-motivated!) And both of the psychiatrists are continuing to take notes while being spanked. Does that mean they are so used to being spanked that the impact doesn't phase them, or are the patients just not spanking them very hard?
Taking your last question first, b00m, I think the two women continuing to take notes while being spanked is part of the gag - they're performing two roles at the same time, psychiatrist and spankee. I like to think they're trying to ignore the sting but really do feel it :D . As to J Falks (if that's his name) having done this basic gag before Dan, my firm belief is that Dan came up with the same idea on his own probably at least 30 years later - the one by Falks is simply too obscure, having remained completely unknown to all of us who hoarded Humorama spanking cartoons over the years until I ran across it only last year. If Dan had it in his collection, he probably would have shared it with us by now. But we'll let Dan comment on this if he wishes.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Many thanks, to the folks that compared the two PP spankings and decided that mine was better. (Note: PP stands for Psychiatrist/Patient. Or the reverse. :D )

As I mentioned in my note to Web-ed, I thought up this gag on my own, about 25 years ago. I drew it, then it was published in the old magazine Spank Hard. I had never seen or even heard of an M/F PP spanking toon, so to my mind the idea seemed fresh.

Glad to see that someone named J. Falks thought enough about this fantasy to revive it for his readers.

Cheers,
Dan