Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Thanks for a more clearer scan of the spanking in Polly And Her Pals 8-) The over the knee is Good but I like the way he was holding her as he turn her over his knee :D :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice of Kitty to hold her legs down while she was being spanked! Do you think that when spankers say it hurt me more than it does you is because their hand hurts more than the spankee bottom :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: GREAT Spanking in Comic 8-) :D :D :D To bad he Didn`t spank his daughter in the first script that would have been Great :x
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Polly and Her Pals

Post by web-ed »

Thanks, Phil - this one is much better! :) I'll try to replace the current spanking panel on the page with this one before the day is out.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

You were comparing the drawings of Sterrett to Popeye and to me, looking at Polly sitting on the couch, telling Pa that Pete wasn't a musician, reminded me of Blondie. I like this strip for most of the same reasons you did. As you mentioned, there isn't much eroticism here because of the cartoony style but the idea is certainly a valid one and the spanking is well deserved :D. I too liked the more truthful version of the old saying, "this will hurt you more than it does me" :D . I too noticed that Polly is drawn in a much more realistic style than the other characters and that seems to have been a trend among cartoonists for their main character. Too bad Polly wasn't the one getting spanked. Thanks to Phil S. for the vastly improved scan of the spanking scene. Good update! Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

Lately, I haven't had much time to log on, but I wanted to comment about this latest find.

I pretty much agree with the rest of the guys that the way Carrie is drawn doesn't come across as erotic in any way... but for humor, it works!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 09/22/2017

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Web-ed.

Lately, I haven't had much time to log on, but I wanted to comment about this latest find.

I pretty much agree with the rest of the guys that the way Carrie is drawn doesn't come across as erotic in any way... but for humor, it works!
We understand about the time, B00m - no problem as long as you're still with us :D !

Glad you liked the first spanking from Polly. Number Two has just been posted, and I think we'll continue to focus on early humor strips for a while.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 09/29/2017

Post by web-ed »

Last update in September already - good grief! I'm barely keeping up, but so far, so good, I think - I never want to be just "phoning it in," and I've managed to keep up the research and preparation demanded by the quality of Chief Strip Researcher Phil S.'s :ugeek: finds on top of the coding. At the same time, I'd like to be able to do more every now and then, and this week I was able to code some fiction recently provided me by DM Sherwood (among other things, the paragraphing has to be done by hand since I refuse to rely on ugly, machine-generated HTML code). We haven't had any fiction since Doctor Cylon's "The Paddling of Penelope Pitstop" a year ago, so we were about due for some more. I was reminded that I had some other fiction still in the files (and even more not yet in digitized format), so I'll see what I can do about adding fiction on a more frequent basis than yearly :roll: .

It's apparent that the Comic Strip Series will continue into 2018, but I haven't had time to compute how many more weeks to expect. Probably once we get to Thanksgiving I'll focus on updating existing pages with new information/scans until the new year.

This week we're featuring the second of two delightful spankings from Polly and Her Pals, and I think we'll probably continue with comics from the early period for a while. And as a bonus we have DM Sherwood's aforementioned fiction, "Memoirs of an Assistant Principal". It will probably surprise no one to hear that this particular A.P. finds it necessary to administer corporal punishment to the pupils at a girl's reform school :lol: - and what a reform school it is, taking in bad girls from around the galaxy!

Next Week: the Comic Strip Series continues as we focus on Out Our Way, one of many strips that portrayed daily life in early 20th-century America . I had actually been collecting some material from the strip for a couple of years before Phil S. found an actual, on-screen paddling, and I'll try to present it all in one week if possible. See you then! :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Elmer seems quite at ease spanking shapeless women twice his size.

I wonder what the inter galactic girls in the assistant headmaster's story would look like? Would any have more than two butt cheeks? :?
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!! Really Like David DM Sherwood`s Super exciting Sci Fi spanking story Memoirs Of An Assistant Principal :twisted: 8-) 8-) 8-) Wish the assistant principal had made those girls soldiers form a long line and spanked each one over his knee :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: instead of spanking each other :twisted: hope to read the whole story some day 8-) 8-) :D Excellence Story!!!! GREAT SPANKING in this week Polly And Her Pals 8-) like how Aunt Susie is blocking the door so no one could stop Carrie`s spanking :twisted: 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: this is a Comic Spanking Funny :lol: :lol: the otk is nice also notice that one of Carrie`s hand is trap between the spanker`s legs :lol: :lol: nice move! love the shock look on Carrie`s face :lol: :lol: :lol:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I thought the sample of DM's fiction was intriguing. The idea that there is a galaxy of naughty females of many species is certainly an interesting one 8-) . I'm surprised in this day of space exploration that no one thought of this before :lol: . I couldn't help but notice that there is a certain amount of justice in this weeks Polly and her pals spanking :D . The drawings, as you already noted, "emphasizes humor at the expense of eroticism". I certainly agree with that and also with your comment about the expression on her face. She does indeed look shocked :lol: . by the same token, he looks both determined and downright pissed off.......just as it should be :D . You mentioned that Ma is watching with apparent satisfaction and I couldn't help but wonder if Ma wasn't hoping the "new" Elmer might just be thinking that all the female bottoms in the house need a good spanking and that she might be next 8-) . Good updates! Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/06/2017

Post by web-ed »

There isn't much to report for September as far as ongoing searches, although I still have 600 or so comics piled up waiting to be gone through (the fact that I'm burning the midnight oil to write this explains why), so let's forget about my Golden Age search for now and remember to post Sweetspot's current counts:

Sweetspot’s Counts
New Spankings: 29 (as of Out Our Way this week)
Identified Spankings: 2

This week's update: I wanted to focus on Out Our Way, a strip I've searched for several years as scans of it became available. But while I found some missed opportunities, I didn't have anything that would meet the standards necessary for inclusion in the Comics Spanking Data Base until Phil S. :ugeek: managed to locate a scene very similar to some of the failed attempts of the past. For that reason, I've included the missed opportunities on the main page rather than posting them here on the board. It will also help give the feel of the strip to modern-day readers who are unlikely to be too familiar with it. It's a brother/sister scene, something I have a strange fondness for ;) with only one paddle-swat being given, although it's a good one! Congratulations to Phil S. for finding another one - and we're not done yet by a long shot.

Next week it looks like we'll have the second spanking from Somebody's Stenog, and I'd like to stick with early comics for a while after that although Phil S. and I do have some more modern ones to present as well. Once we get to Thanksgiving I may present updates to existing pages rather than new spankings because I don't want CSR readers to miss anything really new and exciting while they're busy with the holidays. And then there are some strip-inspired efforts from Tim and Dr. Cylon that we need to see as well.

If you like spankings from the comic strips, you'll want to visit CSR every week :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

Considering that you spent several years and went through a number of missed opportunities before Phil S. finally came up with an actual swat in this strip, I would have to say that this week's update really points up just how much effort and frustration goes along with actually finding these comic spankings. My hat's off to you and Phil both for the time and effort you put into finding these. I also enjoyed reading all the info you presented about the strip and the time period when it started :D . Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

BIG THUMBS UP WEB-ED AND PHIL 8-) 8-) :D :D :D for finding and researching comic spanking 8-) 8-) looks like the brother and sister in this comic like whacking each other on the bottom :twisted: :twisted: also the young man have a very hard hand :lol: :lol: :lol: the artist always seem to have the big sister position to be whack :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: wonder was this base on the writer`s own life growing up :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: Good comic 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/13/2017

Post by web-ed »

So tired right now at 5:30 A.M. I can't remember if there was anything else I wanted to say, so here is this week's update:

The Comic Strip Series continues with the second spanking from Somebody's Stenog.

This is a surprising paternal spanking for Cam. The strip tended to focus on her office life, so another spanking from her boss to go with the one I discovered several years ago seemed more probable, but we'll take it gladly. This is another of Phil S.'s :ugeek: many discoveries.

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with another early American comic spanking from the first strip to really focus on teen-agers - Harold Teen. :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Regarding "Who do you think you are, Queen Elizabeth"

Could her father be referring to Queen Elizabeth of Belgium who made a popular visit to the USA in 1919 with her husband, King Albert?
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I thought the idea behind this week's comic strip was a good one. Pop obviously has no plans to permit Cam to be a lazy, spoiled girl :D I really liked the lead up to the spanking panel too. It seemed to me that Cam was starting to get apprehensive in panel 2 when she realized pop was home and I figured she must have known he wasn't about to put up with this. I get the distinct impression that she would have just gotten up and gone to the kitchen for breakfast if she had known he was still home :lol: . In the third panel, she definitely knew exactly what was about to happen, most likely from previous experience :lol: .Not only is her expression one of apprehension and dread but she's also trying to hold on to the covers hoping to put off the inevitable :lol: . You mentioned that the OTK position was decent but I thought it was hard to tell since Cam apparently has no back bone, which was obvious from this pic and the one in the strip above where she's running. Perhaps she needed to be spanked at an earlier age for slouching too much :lol: . Good update :D . Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Really love the story lines leading to the spanking in Some Body Stenog :lol: 8-) 8-) Pops certainly don`t want no spoil lazy daughter :lol: :lol: :lol: the spanking in this comic is fine only I wish the artist has made Cam more spankable !! meaning even though she very skinny which I don`t have a problem with :lol: I would still get excited watching Angelina Jolie getting a good over the knee spanking just the same as seeing Kim K getting it 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: it all about position. Cam small bottom should have been arch up she doesn`t have a back bone :twisted: anyway a very nice spanking drawing! Great Find SweetSpot 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Regarding "Who do you think you are, Queen Elizabeth"

Could her father be referring to Queen Elizabeth of Belgium who made a popular visit to the USA in 1919 with her husband, King Albert?
That's an interesting suggestion, Willjohn. The Queen's visit would still have been fresh in everyone's memory in 1921, so it is possible.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/20/2017

Post by web-ed »

This week: The Comic Strip Series continues with the only known spanking from Harold Teen.

Weary Web-Ed here with the story behind this week's updates, which I just finished coding and uploading. I hate doing these things at the last minute - I used to code 1-2 weeks ahead of time, but the Comic Strip Series demands a great deal of time and that's one thing I just haven't got any more. Anyway, I had two episodes of Harold Teen in the files, but one of them was in the wrong location and didn't even have Chief Strip Researcher Phil S.'s :ugeek: name on it (I generally rename Phil's discoveries to have "swtspt" in them, as you may have noticed when downloading them, just to make sure I don't mix them up with anyone else's). I'm going to blame a Windows error for this, as File Explorer sometimes moves to the wrong folder. (In pre-Windows days, we could only move files with a typed command that had to specify the receiving directory, which was a lot of typing but eliminated any ambiguity as to where the file would end up. In fact, you can still move your files that way today, but almost no one would bother.).

At length I found the second file and figured from internal evidence it must be Phil's, so both of them (one spanking threat and one actual spanking) are included in the update. By the way, lest anyone doubt my passion (some might say "obsession") for good organization, know that all new material slated for eventual inclusion on CSR (some 6700 files, though not 6700 different spankings, alas) is carefully sub-divided into 360 separate folders :geek: !.

As to the spanking itself, I think it's a good one. With teen-age girls, much as we may enjoy seeing them spanked by their fathers, I think we enjoy watching them get turned over a boyfriend's knee even more. (I'm sure B00m has commented on this point somewhere). So please enjoy Phil's discovery of Harold spanking his flapper girlfriend Lillums Lovewell :lol: .

I'm also struggling very hard to catch up on the mail. Yes, I've said that before, and it's been true before, but I actually got to downloading something like 100 new pictures from Doctor Cylon just this week. I'm itching to share them with you, and will do the best I can to return to the good old days of a weekly or near-weekly update of the Doctor Cylon Gallery. For everyone else who's written to me and hasn't received a response, please hang on - I'll get back to you soon. I hate neglecting the mail, but for months it's been a question of reading the mail or keeping CSR's lights on (and the updates getting posted). :x

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with a spanking from The Katzenjammer Kids - and no, it's not the kids getting spanked, which happened often enough, goodness knows, but a tribal chieftain's daughter. See you then! :)
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hi Web-ed:

I have been pretty miffed lately, since you have never responded to my mail. But now you have written:

For everyone else who's written to me and hasn't received a response, please hang on - I'll get back to you soon. I hate neglecting the mail, but for months it's been a question of reading the mail or keeping CSR's lights on (and the updates getting posted).

Have you read my two messages, that I sent you on September 14 and again on September 17, asking for help on my "Boots and her Buddies" question?

Cheers,
Dan
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed...
Boots and her Buds.jpg
Boots and her Buds.jpg (6.98 MiB) Viewed 2047 times

Get back to me as soon as you can, yeah? I've been witing a good long time.

Cheers,
Dan