Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Good Spanking in Big Ben Bolt #2 too bad we couldn`t see her bottom plus that fur coat shielded her rear from those stinging swats :x well the humiliation of her getting a spanking and her facial expression was satisfying :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: also the cramp car prevented him from putting her( ATL ) Across The Lap!! nice after spanking with poor Miss Haddon rubbing her sore rear :lol: :lol: :lol: don`t think it was that painful :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: THANKS!!!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.

First of all, my condolences for the loss of a friend.

I liked the Big Ben Bolt spanking (even though the panel didn't show the spankee's turned-up bottom). It was a fun story with a spoiled heiress (by her own admission) being punished for her mistreatment of her subordinates. Maybe what didn't show was that he raised her coat (at least) when he spanked her. The sound effect was a SMACK! instead of a dull thud, or no sound at all when his hand lands on that thick fur.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Web-ed.

First of all, my condolences for the loss of a friend.

I liked the Big Ben Bolt spanking (even though the panel didn't show the spankee's turned-up bottom). It was a fun story with a spoiled heiress (by her own admission) being punished for her mistreatment of her subordinates. Maybe what didn't show was that he raised her coat (at least) when he spanked her. The sound effect was a SMACK! instead of a dull thud, or no sound at all when his hand lands on that thick fur.
Thanks, B00m (and Phil).

I have to assume that Ben raised her fur coat out of the way - that's what we would have done, after all! :D
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 03/16/2018

Post by web-ed »

This week: the four spankings from Lena Pry. For links, please visit the Home Page (Main Site) linked to at the top of this page.

Next week: The Comic Strip Series continues with Dixie Dugan. The highlight will be a fine paddle-swat taken by Dixie herself, but we'll also cover a lot of other scenes that need to be documented, mostly also discoveries of Chief Strip Researcher Phil S. :ugeek: .
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:This week: the four spankings from Lena Pry. For links, please visit the Home Page (Main Site) linked to at the top of this page.
Well... it's still somewhat humorous seeing a middle-aged woman getting hit on the butt, even when she isn't particularly attractive (Which Lena certainly isn't!)
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! Lana might not be very pretty but she do have a nice little rear that seem to always get whack :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Like the Board and rug beater gag but the Hatchet look dangerous :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: the otk was Great but the story was :? :? :? like I was reading two different omic :? :twisted: :lol: :lol: GREAT!!! THANKS 8-)
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Lena's bum does not have much competition from any other part of her anatomy.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

You mentioned that Lena Pry wasn't very good so I'm going to speculate that it probably didn't last very long either. If that's true, it's probably because the lead character was so careless and accident prone that she managed to kill herself early on :lol: . I'm not fond of the slapstick swats shown in the first 3 but I will say that she certainly deserved those accidental swats :lol: . While the spankee is really not at all good looking, apparently on purpose, I did enjoy her spanking in the last one :D . The OTK position is good, the action is captured pretty well and it looked like a good, hard spanking which she certainly deserved after that snooty look she gave in in the opening panel :D . Also, her body doesn't look too bad which is surprising since her face looks like 6 miles of bad road. It sure makes me wonder if the artist just couldn't draw faces very well :lol: . I also enjoyed her after spanking dance in the next panel and the look of pain on her face 8-) . Of course, the results of the spanking are, at least, questionable considering that she's right back to that nasty expression in the next to last panel :lol: . This was a strange one but I actually kind of liked it. Good updates ;) . Thanks, Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

The Lena Pry OTK panel was as good as many of the other strip spankings posted over the last 12 months or so. Of interest to me is that in three of the four strips posted superstition plays a key role with references to such things as Friday the 13th, walking under a ladder and leaving a building by the same door you used to enter. I was not able to use an archive to pin down the dates of publication for these strips. That's probably because the Sunday paper lettering style for Lena Pry didn't lend itself well to digital scanning. Back in the day when Lena Pry was a regular character in the Jane Arden strip she certainly deserved a few spankings but I haven't come across any spankings in that strip.

Unrelated bonus image from the Philadelphia Inquirer August 25, 1945
PhiladelphiaInquirerAugust25,1945.jpg
PhiladelphiaInquirerAugust25,1945.jpg (76.83 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil S.
Sweetspot wrote:Unrelated bonus image from the Philadelphia Inquirer August 25, 1945
That's a fun little article! I like the line, "A jury of schoolboys might have rendered a different verdict..." I wonder if any of Mrs. Maxwell's students knew that she sometimes got spanked at home? If she was any better-looking than that cartoon illustration, they might've wished they could've watched her getting spanked! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If she was a pretty as Dan's "Miss Johnson" they might've wished that they could've spanked her themselves! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Regardless of what the judge in her divorce case might've thought... there seems to be a bit of poetic justice involved when an old-time teacher gets spanked "like a naughty pupil"!

What a great find! :D :D :D :D
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 03/23/2018

Post by web-ed »

I had some further comments to make on the preceding posts, but I'm falling asleep here and can barely get this week's updates done so I'll have to come back later.

First, there's a nice spanking threat made to Dixie Dugan by her father that I seem to have misplaced - I will hunt for it later because the site updates are done now: [later update: here is the link to the spanking threat]
  • The Comic Strip Series continues as Dixie Dugan gets paddled.
  • Some further discussion of Dixie Dugan and its spankings that won't appear here over on the forum.
  • Everyone should be following our Resident Artists, but just in case someone out there doesn't know where to find them, here is the latest O.T. Katie Adventure, "Burning the Costume", by Hugob00m. And be sure to check out her previous story to see just why she was ordered to burn it!
  • And speaking of burning, there's never a shortage of burning bottoms where Phil Overbarrel is concerned! He's in the middle of another opus "Growing Pains Episode 3".
As probably everyone knows by know, this board only supports two hyperlinks per post, so for the links to everything other than Dixie's paddling, simply go to the Home Page (link at top of this page).

Next week: The Comic Strip Series continues with Part 1 of a three-part mini-series on Doctor Bobbs. :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Lena Pry

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:This week: the four spankings from Lena Pry. For links, please visit the Home Page (Main Site) linked to at the top of this page.
Well... it's still somewhat humorous seeing a middle-aged woman getting hit on the butt, even when she isn't particularly attractive (Which Lena certainly isn't!)
You know, B00m, it's only yesterday that it occurred to me that Lena Pry might have been in the back of Al Capp's mind when he created the idea of "Lena the Hyena" in Li'l Abner. Fans of the strip will remember that Capp actually ran a contest for readers to draw Lena, with a prize going to the ugliest rendition (it was won by the master of far-out ugliness, Basil Wolverton, whose comic strip Powerhouse Pepper was later reprinted by Humorama in various magazines). Small world.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Sweetspot wrote:The Lena Pry OTK panel was as good as many of the other strip spankings posted over the last 12 months or so. Of interest to me is that in three of the four strips posted superstition plays a key role with references to such things as Friday the 13th, walking under a ladder and leaving a building by the same door you used to enter. I was not able to use an archive to pin down the dates of publication for these strips. That's probably because the Sunday paper lettering style for Lena Pry didn't lend itself well to digital scanning. Back in the day when Lena Pry was a regular character in the Jane Arden strip she certainly deserved a few spankings but I haven't come across any spankings in that strip.

Unrelated bonus image from the Philadelphia Inquirer August 25, 1945

Another good newspaper find, Phil - we'll have to put it in the Newspaper Section, once we create one.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB-ED CSR!!!!! Another GREAT newspaper find Phil 8-) don`t know why that judge Granted her a divorce that husband was doing his duty to keep her in line :x :lol: :lol: :lol: Dixie didn`t get a spanking she got paddle :twisted: :lol: :lol: wish the guy gave her two more whacks making it a paddling :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice comic! came across a Mexican comic called Revolver that feature a Sheriff in the old west spanking a very beautiful blonde Latino woman across his knee the look on her face is hot as he spanks her bare bottom saw it on E bay but the comic was sold out La Ley Del Revolver Mexican Comic # 771
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 03/23/2018

Post by web-ed »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote: came across a Mexican comic called Revolver that feature a Sheriff in the old west spanking a very beautiful blonde Latino woman across his knee the look on her face is hot as he spanks her bare bottom saw it on E bay but the comic was sold out La Ley Del Revolver Mexican Comic # 771
Thanks for the tip, Butch! :) I have an ebay search set up for comic spankings that I check every week, and it has turned up some interesting items, but this is the first I had heard La Ley Del Revolver #771. I have obtained a photo of the original art of the spanking cover, but I would like to get a copy of the book itself of course (there might be another depiction of the cover spanking - you never know ;) ). If a lot of time goes by and I simply can't find a copy of the comic, I'll present what I have.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

I thought the history of this week's offering was pretty interesting as well as the strip itself. I does kind of make me wonder just exactly how spankings of adult girls were thought of in those days. You said that they were considered humorous and I have no doubt that was true to a certain extent since spanking of children was considered good parenting and onlookers would probably have thought it funny to watch a grown woman getting spanked like a naughty child.....especially if she deserved it :D . Of course, no matter how you slice it, spanking of adult women has a sexual component to it and I can't help but wonder if anyone lucky to witness such a spanking might have also laughed to cover up their feelings of arousal 8-) . It seems likely to me that if a man happened on a scene where a husband was spanking his wife, the wife of the onlooker might have gotten an unexpected spanking when he got home :lol: . Anyway, I thought Dixie was looking pretty good and I would have liked to see her OTK for a proper spanking but I guess this will have to do ;) . Good update! Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:The Comic Strip Series continues as Dixie Dugan gets paddled.
Interesting strip! How hard did that roustabout have to swing his paddle for her to feel anything through the tent canvas and her overalls? I like that the "spankee" was pretty and her reaction was really cute.

I read Overbarrel's comments, and I too wonder if there was a (very covert) sexual element to the "spanking" that Dixie got. If there was, I'm sure the writer and artist had to be very careful not to alert the censors.
web-ed wrote:Everyone should be following our Resident Artists, but just in case someone out there doesn't know where to find them, here is the latest O.T. Katie Adventure, "Burning the Costume", by Hugob00m. And be sure to check out her previous story to see just why she was ordered to burn it!
Thanks for the plug! I hope Katie's fans will enjoy her latest "adventure".
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:Thanks for the tip, Butch! I have an ebay search set up for comic spankings that I check every week, and it has turned up some interesting items, but this is the first I had heard La Ley Del Revolver #771. I have obtained a photo of the original art of the spanking cover, but I would like to get a copy of the book itself of course (there might be another depiction of the cover spanking - you never know ). If a lot of time goes by and I simply can't find a copy of the comic, I'll present what I have.
I had never heard of La Ley Del Revolver before this, but I did a quick Google search and found the cover. It's nice. I couldn't find any pictures of the story itself... I hope you can.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 03/30/2018

Post by web-ed »

First, let's quickly run through this week's updates:
This week's offering is a little meager because the spanking takes place in a long-distance shot (the next two spankings from Dr. Bobbs are better), so I wanted to offer something more with a new Doctor Cylon offering, but last week's Dixie Dugan special just took too much time and energy from me. Here it is on Thursday night and I just haven't had time to prepare something from the good Doctor, although more Cylon is definitely coming to CSR (see the below-mentioned announcements).

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues with Part 2 of a three-part mini-series on Doctor Bobbs. :)

I was going to make a couple of announcements here, but then I remembered that's what the "Announcements" topic is there for, so I'll post them there.
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

You're doing great work here with these comic strip spankings :D
Dr. Bobbs DETAIL January 27, 1949 Brooklyn Daily Eagle - As you said the composition of the panel placed the spanking in an strange position of secondary value compared to the showcasing of the four witnesses. Our spanker, the title character, looks to me oddly like a Russian Cossack and this is another example, like in Big Ben Bolt, of a spankings effectiveness being blunted by the female wearing a fur coat. On the other hand this seems to be a very thorough OTK punishment spanking given with very just cause. Here I have blown up the pertinent, to us, part of the panel. Keeping in mind that this panel was never intended to be shown this way we can see that certain details are muddled like the girl's feet and face. Is Dr. Bobbs saying, He earned the right to spank her more than anything else he had ever earned or that she was more deserving of a spanking than any of his patients had been deserving of his care :?: Works both ways doesn't it :?: :D
I image it's because of the large number of papers competing against each other in New York in the late '40s that this Brooklyn paper carried Dr. Bobb towards the end of it's run.
Dr. Bobbs DETAIL January 27,1949 Brooklyn Daily Eagle.jpg
Dr. Bobbs DETAIL January 27,1949 Brooklyn Daily Eagle.jpg (52.2 KiB) Viewed 2100 times