Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 02/23/2018

Post by web-ed »

This week: Aventures of Patsy #2 - Rosetta gets her fanny tanned for the second time in one memorable day as this time it's a handsome co-star who turns her OTK!

O.K. I'm still very much under the gun here, but I'm already working on next week's update which will be some new scans from Chief Strip Researcher Phil S. :ugeek: of the first spanking from Big Ben Bolt. Meanwhile, I hope everyone likes this week's update, in which Phil was joined by Andre and Robin in providing me with Adventures of Patsy #2 - it's not a paternal spanking but has the same good OTK positioning as last week's, so there's really nothing to inhibit anyone's enjoyment of a fine spanking scene and a very significant find.

Next, please don't forget to check out Resident Artists Hugob00m and Phil Overbarrel, who are each in the middle of two exciting spanking adventures, B00m's O.T. Katie Goes to See a Movie and Phil's Growing Pains. I can't provide links because of this board's limitations, but simply head on over to their respective galleries and you'll find them. These are great spanking features, people, offered absolutely free of charge by these artists on CSR, so do be sure to take advantage of their availability. A few comments would also be appreciated, I'm sure. :)

Dr. Cylon continues to supply us with further riches. It will be some time before this process is concluded, but I will try to work in some updates to his gallery at least monthly. We may see an example next week if we're lucky. ;)

I added the RTA (Restricted to Adults) banner and code to the Home Page and the Index Page this week. This was just to defend against any possible future allegation that we're encouraging children to visit the site, although much of it is perfectly suitable for any age group. You may not even have noticed it.

By the way, has anyone heard from Dan? I thought he had posted something in his gallery shortly before Christmas, yet when I went back looking for whatever it was later, it was gone. I've checked my mailbox (yes, I'm still way behind) and he hasn't reported any login issues.

O.K., that's all I've got for now. See you in March :) !
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by willjohn »

After Daddy and Wilbur finished with Rosetta's sitter she would be looking for an ice pack and the softest chair in the studio.

Well done!
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Poor Rosetta Blaine Two well deserved hard spanking :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe she need to change her name to Rosetta Blaze being that how her bottom is feeling :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good over the knee nice hard spanking to a very glamorous you woman! GREAT SPANKING IN COMIC 8-) THANKS!!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Rare Rump Rosie could be another alias. :twisted:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:Next, please don't forget to check out Resident Artists Hugob00m and Phil Overbarrel, who are each in the middle of two exciting spanking adventures, B00m's O.T. Katie Goes to See a Movie and Phil's Growing Pains. I can't provide links because of this board's limitations, but simply head on over to their respective galleries and you'll find them. These are great spanking features, people, offered absolutely free of charge by these artists on CSR, so do be sure to take advantage of their availability. A few comments would also be appreciated, I'm sure.
Thanks for the plug.
web-ed wrote:This week: Aventures of Patsy #2 - Rosetta gets her fanny tanned for the second time in one memorable day as this time it's a handsome co-star who turns her OTK!
I like that! It was certainly fun seeing Rosetta get a spanking from someone other than her father... (although the father was right, if a little late, to chastise his daughter) Does anyone know whether "Jed"/Wilbur and Rosetta developed a romantic relationship later in the story? And... Heh heh! ...Were the cameras rolling while Rosetta was getting spanked? That might just send Mr. Blaine's TV ratings through the roof!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 02/23/2018

Post by web-ed »

web-ed wrote:This week: Aventures of Patsy #2 - Rosetta gets her fanny tanned for the second time in one memorable day as this time it's a handsome co-star who turns her OTK!
hugob00m wrote:I like that! It was certainly fun seeing Rosetta get a spanking from someone other than her father... (although the father was right, if a little late, to chastise his daughter) Does anyone know whether "Jed"/Wilbur and Rosetta developed a romantic relationship later in the story? And... Heh heh! ...Were the cameras rolling while Rosetta was getting spanked? That might just send Mr. Blaine's TV ratings through the roof!
That's a good thought, B00m. I believe the cameras were not on at the time, but what a sight it would have been for the viewers if they were, and how embarrassing for Rosetta! :D That would remind us of the Captain Easy / Sandra Ritzingham spanking we revisited a few weeks ago, where her friend even comments on the humiliation of being spanked on TV!

I don't know if there was a Jed/Rosetta romance as a result of her tanning. Perhaps Phil S. :ugeek: can check his archive and see what happened next.
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

March 9, 1950 The good citizens of Alhombre have gathered at the local 'watering hole' to watch The Jed Nevada Show which is emanating from a studio not far from their location. Rosetta Blaine, heiress and celebrity chaser, walks into the bar offering cash to whoever will head down to her dad's TV studio and rid Alhombre of the phony 'cowboy' from NEW JERSEY! Little wonder that Miss Blaine is making her proposition standing up because we recall with glee that Rosetta's rear is rosy red having just been twice spanked first by her long-put-upon daddy and also by Wilbur -Ned Nevada - Peachtree. Ned is singing his own composition - I'd Rather Be Lonely Than Love That Gal From Alhombre. At this point it looks more promising that Rosetta Blaine will be spanked again rather than romance will bloom in the desert.
AdventuresOfPatsyMarch9,1950.jpg
AdventuresOfPatsyMarch9,1950.jpg (58.85 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
March 13, 1950. Being from New Jersey [get a rope!] is evidently offensive enough to be made to dance accompanied by the hum and ping of bullets and to be called a 'sissy dude' - :roll: Of course the unscripted battle that results in Wilbur knocking his opponents senseless, will cause the show to be a huge hit :o The brawl also causes the TV equipment to be destroyed and the show to be knocked off the air. As if that weren't enough Mr. Blaine is notified that he has gone bankrupt. 'Fickle' Rosetta has once again fallen for Jed now that she has seen that he is, in reality, a real bada... :oops: You would have thought her second spanking would have been proof of that. Anyway, speaking of spankings - Rosetta being twice spanked in the same storyline is pretty rare for the comic strip...Merrie in Brenda Starr, Queen Pera in The Phantom and Cherrie in Smilin' Jack are also spanked more than once in a story. You could make a case that Giddy Jones was spanked twice by Tip in Boots and Her Buddies. As a tease of things to come at CSR we will also see that a certain good doctor spanks a woman twice in the same story :?:
AdventuresOfPatsyMarch13,1950.jpg
AdventuresOfPatsyMarch13,1950.jpg (49.16 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
March 24, 1950 Ned's song is a big hit and it looks like in the end he prefers to love the gal from Alhombre to being lonely afterall. Could be plenty of smacking in their future as Jed and Rosetta hit the happy trail together 8-)
AdventuresOfPatsyMarch24,1950.jpg
AdventuresOfPatsyMarch24,1950.jpg (35.22 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
Last edited by Sweetspot on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
web-ed
Site Admin

The Further Adventures of Patsy

Post by web-ed »

Wild stuff, Phil - thanks! Rosetta certainly needed a third spanking, perhaps with a good leather implement since they're in the west. :D
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 03/02/2018

Post by web-ed »

Odd personal schedule this week, so I'm doing the updates well ahead of time. This week, we revisit the boxing strip Big Ben Bolt to find out more about the first spanking we posted some years ago - new scans from Phil S. :ugeek: !

Next week, we'll take another look at the second spanking from the strip.

Lots of other stuff going on, but I'm too tired to talk about any of it. It's March already, and probably in April I'll get into where CSR is today and where we'd like it to be. :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

So now we have left the cowgirl set and gone to revisit Ben's Big Bolt, where we find the victim of the assault was not Bolt but some poor old duffer who hired him to teach his daughter to defend herself only for her to turn mean and need a smacked arse.
web-ed
Site Admin

Dan is Back!

Post by web-ed »

Last week I asked about Dan, and eventually I found a note from him buried in my in-basket, which looks like Fibber McGee's closet: turns out he got a new computer and had a few problems with it. But he seems to be cruising with it now and I'm sure he's catching up on the last two months of activity on the board.

Welcome back, Dan! :D
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi Web-ed.

I seem to be running about a week behind here at CSR. We were out of state for several days due to the death of an old and very dear friend.....sigh. I'm just going to make a couple of quick comments about this update and last weeks so I can get caught up. I liked the second Patsy spanking because I thought it captured the action of the spanking so much better than the first one.....arms flailing, legs kicking etc. Too bad the artist made her bottom so angular. In this week's update, I really couldn't read the story but I was happy to see that both girls got their bottoms spanked :lol: . Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Hi WEB-ED CSR!!!! even though both girls got their fanny spanked :D :D :D :D too bad we didn`t see the brunette get it only the blonde sister :lol: :lol: :lol: the otk is Great and the spanking looks painful :D :D Pop was right this was the right time to spank their bottoms 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: Great Spanking from comic 8-) 8-) Big THUMBS UP Sweetspot 8-) WEB-ED 8-)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Phil S. Thanks for the information on Ned and Rosetta. It looks like they did have a romantic ending to their story.
web-ed wrote:Odd personal schedule this week, so I'm doing the updates well ahead of time. This week, we revisit the boxing strip Big Ben Bolt to find out more about the first spanking we posted some years ago - new scans from Phil S. !

Next week, we'll take another look at the second spanking from the strip.
Ben Bolt Hmmm! I never saw that one in my local newspaper when I was a kid. Interesting though!
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

It ran at the same time as Joe Palooka in rival papers.

Palooka was another fictional white World Heavyweight Champion.
web-ed
Site Admin

February Search Report

Post by web-ed »

I've decided to split out these reports to make the posts shorter. February was a mixed bag with one pleasant surprise.

Pages searched: 1945
Total: 576991
Comic Spankings: 1

This one was just plain weird: Giggle Comics #48 (December 1947, ACG ) F/M, Petunia/Katt, OTK, hand – very strange scene with stereotypical black maid Petunia spanking the cat, Katt, for making friends with a mouse.

This one goes into the DB but obviously isn't going to be posted.

Now I want to make something clear: these numbers involve only my digital search of Golden Age archives. I still do other searches, but of course under horrific time constraints. I did discover another spanking the hard way - by purchasing an actual GA book that was on my radar - but it was awful and I don't even have the heart to describe it now. That's one reason I lost track of how many comic-book spankings I've discovered - too many different sources to effectively keep track of.

Another ongoing search bore more fruit: I found another Humorama spanking from its classic era (1955-60). This was a definite surprise, as with so few books from that period still outstanding and with so many cartoons first appearances as yet unaccounted for, I did not expect to find something like this. It's by an artist we're not familiar with and seems never to have been reprinted, although of course that may turn out to be incorrect. That reminds me - I must update the Humorama Tote Board.

And then there's the Sweetspot record: I hope I've been keeping up with this.

New X/F Spankings: 41 (as of Adventures of Patsy #2)
Identified Spankings: 3

Despite working as fast as I can, I still have almost 600 GA comics piled up waiting to be searched! A good many of these are romance comics, so we can hope one or more spankings will indeed turn up. One problem for me is that they take up 24 GB on my hard drive, lengthening the time my back-ups take, but they're simply too valuable to take any chances with: if I lost them, I'd never be able to recreate the list from memory.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

How was she expected to feel a spanking through a fur coat?
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 03/09/2018

Post by web-ed »

The Comic Strip Series continues with Big Ben Bolt #2 - new info and scans from Sweetspot!

More good research here as Phil S. discovered the exact date of this scene which had been unknown. And of course thanks again to TipTopper who provided us with the strip from his personal collection back in 2011. Knowing it was there gave Phil something to look in the archives for.

Next Week: The Comic Strip Series continues as we take a look at the rather lame Lena Pry. We'll see one OTK spanking and a couple of butt-whackings from this pretty obscure strip that turned up during my search of Golden Age reprint comics. A word of explanation is in order as to this abandonment (for one week only) of Phil Sweetspot's spectacular string of strip discoveries. Quite simply, I have to go out of town to attend some memorial services :( and don't want to short-change Dixie Dugan, which is going to take some effort. For not only do we have the centerpiece - Dixie herself taking a good hard paddle-swat (yes!) - there are a lot of other scenes that need to be documented, mostly also discoveries of Phil S.'s, and I see no reason to put that off to another week when we've moved on to another strip. So it's Lena next week if I can get all four scenes together and Dixie the week after that, or in three weeks if I have to do Lena over two weeks.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

Well, we don't get much of a look at this spanking because of the setting but I do think it was a satisfying story :D . I like the progression from spoiled, headstrong brat to getting a spanking that, by her own admission, hurts, to to threats leveled at her spanker, to being contrite, submissive and asking forgiveness.......it's all just as it should be :D . Good update. Thanks to Phil S. for the improved scans :D . Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Sometimes when you [Web-Ed] report back to the troops about your comic book activities - in the name of research - I wonder if a scene from your early years might have looked something like this: :lol:
DennisFebruary22,1954.jpg
DennisFebruary22,1954.jpg (52.01 KiB) Viewed 1632 times
It was good to hear that Dan's absence was due to nothing more than computer issues. I had begun to wonder about him about a week or two before you raised the question of his status.

I've checked through a couple of data bases and indexes and as I said I eyeballed a copy of the Adventures of Jim Bowie myself on You Tube but what happened to the spanking sequence in season one episode two is still a mystery. :?: According to how they are dressed for the publicity photo and the manner in which events unfold would indicate that the spanking fit into the opening scene. But that scene, duck hunting in a swamp and she steals his duck, flows rather seamlessly without any hint of a spanking or the log that Jim/Scott was sitting on when they both took a tumble during the second take.

Trish Haddon owns her brattiness even before the spanking. ;) March 30, 1958. Good point that wearing a fur coat must have dulled the effect of the spanking but keep in mind that Ben Bolt is the heavyweight boxing champion of the world so I'm sure he made a worthy impression on Trish's tush.
BigBenBoltMarch30,1958DETAILBrat.jpg
BigBenBoltMarch30,1958DETAILBrat.jpg (34.15 KiB) Viewed 1632 times
Web-Ed
My condolences to you and all concerned as you attend those memorial services in the upcoming days.
Last edited by Sweetspot on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.