Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
willjohn

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by willjohn »

Stainless Steel as I remember. I was very young when that strip was about.

There was another,"The Masked Avenger", written and drawn by Leonard Lawson, a commercial artist later convicted of rape and attempted murder. He died in prison a few years ago. Low act that man.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/09/2016

Post by web-ed »

First, the November Spanking Search Report:

Pages searched: 1814
Total: 552994
Comic Spankings: 3

All three spankings came from the same comic book, Coo-coo Comics #11 (May 1944). None will be posted, but I'll put them in the DB later on. Some of my sketchier-than-usual notes: Wolf/ Two Bear Cubs paddle bending over, Grandpa/Bad boys cane OTK, Ghost/Mortimer hand OTK. So they were all M/M and therefore of no interest. :(

However, I can paint a much brighter picture with the slow-but-still-progressing Humorama Search: I discovered three new spanking cartoons and have them safely scanned :D ! One of them is by George Morrice and probably dates from 1956 (I found a reprint but still don't know when it first appeared), while the other two are by Bill Wenzel and date from 1972-73. We now have 11 Humorama spankings cartoons in the files that have never been seen, and I'll have to do some serious thinking about whether to present them in the near future or wait until I've finally seen all the digests from 1955-60.

Three weeks ago I was pleased to feature the return of Doctor Cylon, but while I presented his story "The Paddling of Penelope Pitstop," I neglected to include his two new colorizations of that particular subject. Therefore, it's time we introduced Paddling Penelope Pitstop #3.

As you can guess from the "#3," there were two earlier spankings of Penelope, and you'll find the links to them in the new page. Nor is this all the good Doctor has to say on the subject of Miss Pitstop: next week we will revisit her spanking #1 with some new versions.

Lastly, I put up the old "Christmas Decorations" on the Home Page. No new ones this year, but Phil has already got one over in his gallery and has promised some more, so don't fail to check them out. (See Christmas 2016). :D
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I was just looking at that after pic at the top and all I can say is............WHEEW 8-) ! Now THAT'S a beautifully drawn young lady :D . I know I would certainly love to have a girl who looks like this one over my lap for a good spanking :D :D . Of course, Doc Cylon has added a nice story and very appealing, tasteful coloring to go with it. :D

The collage is interesting too and nicely done. All the drawings look familiar to me but I knew I had the main one in my collection somewhere so I looked around and found it. Apparently, someone else thought this one should be colored as well as Doc Cylon and they added a couple of tears and colored the top portion of the pants to look like panties. Unfortunately, there is no signature of either the artist or who colored it :( . In any case, here it is for comparison. Good updates this week. Thanks, Phil
A%20Wifes%20Spanking.jpg
A%20Wifes%20Spanking.jpg (36.76 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

Hi WEB-ED CSR!! Tis The SEASON For All Naughty Women To Get Their Comeuppance! Via Over The Knee Spankings :D :D 8-) Panel number 4 in your Christmas Spanking Drawing is my favorite looks like Santa is enjoying himself as he spanks that woman`s behind :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) those buttcheeks on Penelope Pitstop is a nice Cheery RED :lol: job well done Doc Cylon 8-) :lol: :lol: also like the color in the over the knee drawing and the spanking! too bad the hanna barbera`s Penelope pitstop never got a spanking in her cartoon :x she make a good spankee in her tight racing outfit :lol: everything over the knee :D
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/16/2016

Post by web-ed »

This week: We revisit the very first time Doctor Cylon paddled Penelope, and with four new versions of this classic drawing. She won't be sitting too easily in the driver's seat of her car, the Compact Pussycat, for a while :D !

This finally takes us to the end of our new Doctor Cylon-Penelope Pitstop material, but fear not: there will be a lot more Doc Cylon in CSR's future :D . The good Doctor is still sending me new works, which now number approximately 230 in my files :!: I haven't gone through all of them yet, so some may be duplicates of material already posted, but there's certainly lots of new things there and we will definitely be seeing them in the months and years to come. How rapidly we can do that is something I'll discuss in January when we talk about the new year, which is going to be an exciting one here at CSR - wait 'til you see :o !

Next Week: We revisit a George Morrice Humorama spanking cartoon we posted back in 2010 when all we had was a photostatic copy. We'll see all four known versions of what turned out to be the last spanking cartoon Humorama ever printed.

As I mentioned once before, I prefer to gather up all the reprinted versions of a particular Humorama cartoon before updating and revisiting the original page. I presume CSR readers, however much they may love Humorama, do not need to revisit a particular cartoon three or even four times (a few cartoons appear to have had five printings!) as I gradually discover its various printings. Of course at some point I might have to give in and post the available reprints, but for now I'm going to hold out. I don't know how many cartoons I've got all the printings of, but it will increase as time goes on. (Of course there are some cases in which I already posted two or three versions, but I'd still like to revisit them once only with the missing one or two versions). The material in my files is at least well-organized by cartoonist, but in each case I have to check how many versions are already posted, which takes time.

Anyway, although it's a very busy time of year, please join us next week for Morrice's "Multiple Listings Spanking" :) which was as I mentioned the very last spanking cartoon :( ever to appear in a Humorama publication.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

After this treatment Penelope will feel like the Anthill Mob have moved into her panties.
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! CLASSIC DOCTOR CYLON sure knows how to warm up a pretty Woman`s bottom :lol: OUCH!! that ruler breaking on her rear means he a very hard spanker!would think that Penelope being a Southern Bell he would use a Switch on her soft bottom :lol: :lol: 8-) Check out the Krampus Spanking on You Tube very good and funny ! Lots of pretty naughty girls getting their bottom spanked GOOD :!: :!: :lol: 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

Once again, Doc Cylon has chosen a beautifully drawn girl on which to work his magic :D . This is such a shapely young lady that I think your statement that she has an exceptionally spankable bottom is almost an understatement 8-) . I can see why doc decided to do so many different versions of this one. I think my favorite is the one that says Susan Storm on it. The coloring is brilliant and it appears as if her freshly spanked bottom is just sizzling :D . I also like the animation above it as it makes it look as if her bottom is throbbing 8-) . Good updates :D . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 12/15/2016

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:After this treatment Penelope will feel like the Anthill Mob have moved into her panties.
Good one, Willjohn! :D CSR readers who are unfamiliar with the Anthill Mob should look at any old episode of Wacky Races or The Perils of Penelope Pitstop.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/23/2016

Post by web-ed »

This Week: We revisit George Morrice's Real Estate Spanking, first posted back in 2010 when all we had was a photostatic copy. We'll see all four known versions of what turned out to be the last spanking cartoon Humorama ever printed :(.

And if you like seasonal spankings, be sure to check out Phil's (Overbarrel's) Christmas 2016 if you haven't already done so. It seems the mischievous Hiney sisters - the naughtiest elves ever - each earned a trip over Santa's knee again this year. If you like bright red bottoms - and Santa could give Rudolph the night off and guide his sleigh with the red glow from the Hiney sisters' hindquarters - you'll like these new cartoons :lol: !

Next Week: Our last update of 2016 features a Hugob00m colorization and a New Year's wife spanking cartoon!

I'll also try to get the annual "Year in Review & Next Year's Plans" post up. While I haven't yet coded any of the January updates, new member Sweetspot and I have discussed how and when to present some of the terrific new material he's dug up. I pretty much know what I want to do for the first 9 months of 2017, although actually getting it all posted will take some doing. And I need to upgrade this board again a.s.a.p... :(

Without giving away too much at this time, I think I can say if you like to see largely or completely new and unknown spankings from comic books and strips (and who doesn't?), you'll want to be watching CSR very closely next year. Not to mention all that new material from Doctor Cylon :) .
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Real Estate agencies in Sydney (back when you could buy a good suburban house for less than $20,000) used to have a cartoon picture of an old man with a very long beard & words "This is the young man who waited for the cost of real estate to come down."

Wonder if his beard would have reached the floor before the young spankee in Morrice's cartoon's panties. :roll:
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

There are a number of things to like about this drawing, although the hovering position of the spankee isn't one of them. Her position is actually quite good and would have been really good if she had actually been on his lap :lol: . I'm not sure just what the expression on his face is supposed to be but I thought her expression of surprise and embarrassment was just perfect for this drawing :D . Morrice gives us a nicely drawn spankee, dress raised and panties showing as well as garters and hose............all things I enjoy :D . I appreciate all the information you've given us about this one, including the fact that this was the last Humorama spanker :D . All the information and history you post along with these drawings just makes your updates all the more enjoyable. Thanks, Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

MERRY CHRISTMAS WEB-ED CSR!!!!!! Real Estate Agent spanked :twisted: :lol: :lol: Like the Idea :D the otk is good although she hovering over his lap :twisted: :lol: George Morrice is a Great artist and this is a GREAT DRAWING!! THANKS!! Got to cut it Short getting ready for A Christmas party :D
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/30/2016

Post by web-ed »

It's the special New Year's edition of this week's updates (for links please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review Home Page" at the top of this page) :!:
  • We revisit the spanking ad for The Thin Man Goes Home to see CSR Resident Artist Hugob00m's colored version.
  • A man spanks his wife in what looks like another old German postcard celebrating the New Year.
As with Thanksgiving Day, spanking cartoons having a New Year's Day theme are uncommon but we stumbled over one recently and so decided to present it. It's a little odd but better than nothing.

Hugob00m's coloring of the Thin Man ad spanking was posted on this bulletin board a while back, so it isn't new to veteran CSR readers. I wanted to present it on the main site because I already had the original there and because it's a very fine colorization. As to why I chose to do it now, I suppose it's because many years ago we had a local TV station (this was before cable/satellite became common) that used to run old movies on New Year's Eve, which was nice for those of us who didn't really want to run around to big parties. They were mostly Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers musicals like The Gay Divorcee, so I guess the only tie-in here is that they had the elegance and style of a bygone era (William Powell couldn't dance like Astaire, but he had suavity and like Astaire looked elegant in evening clothes). As you'll see, b00m's colorization preserves that elegance and style.

If you're curious about what to expect from CSR during 2017, check out 2016 in Review and Plans for 2017. I went on so long there I never did get around to mentioning where we stand with our various ongoing searches, but perhaps I can do so next week when I present the December Spanking Search Report.

Next Week: We kick off the New Year of 2017, which will be the "Year of the Comic Strip," with some new scans and information on the "Buz Sawyer Spanks Jungle Girl" panel we first posted back in 2011. And we might have one or two other little surprises. :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

WHAT A WAY TO END 2016 with two GREAT SPANKING DRAWINGS 8-) 8-) :!: :!: :!: :!: Wonder how a post card like this would be view in todays World :twisted: :lol: the guy seem to be starting the year right by dealing with his nagging wife in a way she will remember through out the new Year :twisted: :lol: like how she is tied down over the bench for her spanking 8-) that stick looks wicket and painful :lol: The German do know how to Celebrate The New Year with Wife Spanking :twisted: :lol: :lol: :!: :!: :!: BIG THUMBS UPS HugobOOM for this Fantastic color version for The Thin Man Goes Home Good spanking scene in the movie too bad he didn`t use his hand on Nora`s very shapely bottom he could have really set that on fire :D :lol: :lol: anyway nice choice of color for her dress scarlet really high light her curvy rear :D OUTSTANDING JOB HugobOOm Love this DRAwINg 8-) 8-) 8-) HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! WEB-ED CSR!!! hope this year will bring lots of new spanking drawings! 8-) :D
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

The thin man spanking pics are, as you noted, very familiar. It's not hard to understand why Boom chose this pic to color :D . Boom really did such an excellent job on this. You noted that he preserved the elegance and style of the original drawing but I would take that a step further and say that he actually enhanced those qualities :D . I've always thought that while William Powell is, at least, pretending to be all business here, Myrna Loy is obviously enjoying the attention he's giving her bottom..........and probably also being taken in hand by him in general 8-) . I can see why you chose to end the year with this one. It's such a classy drawing that I actually prefer Boom's colorized original to the one with her bottom bared.

The other New Years pic is less sensual but it does get the point across :lol: . Now here's a man who wants to get the new year started out right :lol: . Now I have to wonder if that's the spanking bench he always uses to discipline the missus or he just has her strapped down for an extra special new years spanking?

Great updates to end the year. I'll be looking forward to the start of the new year :D . Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:We revisit the spanking ad for The Thin Man Goes Home to see CSR Resident Artist Hugob00m's colored version.
Lately, I've been really busy with a full-time job and a new house that requires a lot of work, so, I haven't had much time to log on. I happened to notice that I had been given credit that is NOT due for the colorized Thin Man Goes Home picture. I didn't colorize it myself... I merely found it somewhere and posted it to the forum.

I believe the full-color version version of the picture was the original artwork of some anonymous M.G.M. artist and the black-and-white was a copy of that.

I would have liked to have done such a lovely job with that picture, but I don't want to take credit for someone else's work.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 12/30/2016

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:
I believe the full-color version version of the picture was the original artwork of some anonymous M.G.M. artist and the black-and-white was a copy of that. I would have liked to have done such a lovely job with that picture, but I don't want to take credit for someone else's work.
Blame this one on me, b00m. For some reason, I thought you had colored it and I couldn't remember where you had posted it on this board. (A more careful search reveals it was in the Publicity Photos topic.) I didn't mean to leave you in an awkward position, and I'll correct the page. Probably what happened is that I tagged the file "hugob00m" to remind me that you were the source, then misinterpreted the tag later. :oops:

Good luck with your new home and job, and I know we all hope you'll still have some time to check on CSR every now and then. It will be mostly comic strip stuff this year rather than the Humorama-type cartoons I think you prefer, but mostly good stuff so I hope you can join us for the spanking fun :) !
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/06/2017

Post by web-ed »

Well, 2017 is here, and it's going to be The Year of the Comic Strip at CSR thanks to some tremendous help I've received from Andre in Brazil and most especially from Sweetspot right here in the U.S.A. (and this forum!). Robin has chipped in as well and I've made a few modest contributions myself, which reminds me - it's time for the December Spanking Search Report.

Pages searched: 4316
Total: 557310
Comic Spankings: 7

The raw numbers aren't bad - 4300 pages and 7 spankings - but three of them were reprints of scenes from Smilin' Jack we've already seen (not that we won't see these reprints in due time ;) ), two of them were M/M, and one of them was a sight we truly never wanted or expected to see: a F/M spanking in a romance comic book :x :P . (I think that's the first time I've ever used the "raspberry" icon - everybody knows it's not a reference to the berry, I trust). It's truly bizarre, involving two women and a paddle, and will definitely not be posted during Romantic Spanking Month, although I'll put it out in the gallery eventually, with warnings and without fanfare. The last one was quite good, though, from a little-remembered strip from the 30's - M/F and OTK :D . I will try to work it in during this year. Now for the unhappy details of the M/M scenes which will be put in the DB later tonight:

1. Popular Comics #6 (July 1936, Dell) M/M, Cop / Percy, OTK, hand – Percy is impudent and is smoking a cigarette, so a beat cop spanks him. From the Ella and her Fella strip.
2. Popular Comics #7 (August 1936, Dell) M/M Father / Son, OTK, hand - Jinglet 4-panel strip. Boy breaks window with baseball, gets spanked by father. Would have appeared in a newspaper earlier.

Nothing new in Humorama, but I did manage to get a boatload of Condorito comics shipped to me in digital format from Venezuela. With a little luck, I'll find the details of the one known issue with a spanking on the cover, and perhaps uncover some more spankings in other issues. Each issue of Condorito was basically a compendium of short gags, so a spanking would certainly be an appropriate conclusion to some of them.

The holidays are a busy time, so if you want to hear about my plans for 2017 in some detail but didn't catch my post last week 2016 in Review and Plans for 2017, this would be the time to catch up.

I upgraded this board last week to the latest version of phpBB without incident - it was mostly minor fixes and some security updates relevant only to users with older browsers. Everything seems to be working fine but of course please do report any problems you encounter.

Now on at last to this week's updates. For links please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review Home Page" at the top of this page.
  • We really hadn't been keeping up with our Events Page, perhaps because we simply don't have the kind of interest in attending spanking parties that we used to, but we updated it as a kind of New Year's resolution. Unfortunately some of the major spanking clubs have not yet announced their 2017 party schedules, but we put down what we could find and we'll try to keep up in the future.
  • The winters are long and cold here in the midwest, so to warm us up a little bit we've prepared another installment of Humorama Models to See More Of.
  • We kick off the New Year of 2017, which will be the "Year of the Comic Strip," with some new scans and information on the "Buz Sawyer Spanks Jungle Girl" panel we first posted back in 2011.
Next Week: We continue the "Year of the Comic Strip," by revisiting the Susie Q. spanking with two new scans and some new information. :)
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Happy NEW YEAR!! WEB-ED CSR :D :D glad to see you going to post spanking parties on the Events Page 8-) like the Shadow Lane Spanking Parties heard they are pretty wild :lol: use to buy plenty of Shadow Lane videos plus Spank Hard Magazines in the mail and they would send you an invite to their parties never really got to go :( but read stories about lots of spanking happening through out the hotel they rented :lol: :lol: The Buz Sawyer Spanking was Great think that a second spanking should have happen to that jungle Brat :lol: don`t know why she wearing high heel in the jungle :twisted: :lol: :lol: GREAT SPANKING! GREAT PANEL! think Raquel Welch back in the Day would make a Super HOT Spankee! 8-) 8-) THANKS!1