Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i was unaware that the board wasn't always here :o . i will say that it seems obvious to me that starting it was a great idea so that we can exchange ideas and comments and i'm very happy that you did start it :D . from the information you've provided here, it was a difficult task to get the board going and i know it takes a lot of time to maintain it as well. i sure am happy that you decided to put in that effort so that we have this great place to come and interact with like minded folks.......thanks for all your effort :D . thanks for the additional information on the Ward "hat" spanking. i'm always fascinated by the progression of the different printings in Humorama. this is a classic Ward spanking drawing. i love the OTK position and of course the way he's drawn the women and their clothes ;) . i also like the startled expression of the spankee and the animated reaction to the spanking of her kicking legs :lol: . i also enjoyed the spanking photo from Janus :D . i don't know when women quit routinely wearing garter belts and hose but i'm glad that Janus has carried on this proud tradition :lol: . i'll be looking forward to your Christmas celebration and "NO"............. i DO NOT plan on missing any weekly updates :D ;) . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 11/21/2014

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:i was unaware that the board wasn't always here :o .
That's right, Phil - I remember now you came upon CSR through this board and then found the main site. Just for laughs, if anyone wants to see the old Letters Page, here is the link.
butch wrote:Anyway Love this week drawing of a woman being spanked for buying the wrong hat :lol: the otk is good with the spankee big bottom up high! also like how her dress cling to her bottom 8-) Ward Also did a great job of giving the spankee thick shaply thighs and nice mellon size breasts :D the spanker has great legs to :) the look on the spankee `s Face shows the spanking is hard OUCH!! GREAT GREAT DRAWING!! Remember buying plenty of Janus magazines back in the 80`s 90`s along with Februs both was kinda expensive maybe because they was from London!
Glad you liked the Ward update, Butch. I've got a lot more of these Humorama updates, although we might have a break in presenting them - I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking we should resume the Humorama Series in January - as usual, I'll post my plans for next year at the end of December.

Janus and Februs were rather expensive - I remember having Februs shipped from the U.K. by air mail! I've still got some Februs plus a few other miscellaneous spanking mags in the basement. Perhaps we'll see a few pics from them eventually. I suppose I never presented them in the early days of CSR when material was scarce because of copyright concerns. And I'd still be reluctant to present more of Janus's publications than I have for that reason - Janus is, as I noted, still a going concern. The other stuff, like Spank Hard, wasn't all that good (Eve Howard had no control over the photo shoots) anyway. It's possible I might post something just to give younger viewers the flavor of spanking life 25 years ago, before the internet, as those old spanking photos can't be of any value today to the original publishers.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/28/2014

Post by web-ed »

• Happy Thanksgiving to all CSR readers! I'm afraid I don't have much of a feast to offer on the main site this week - just one update, although at least it's a new version of a Bill Ward cartoon. I don't want anyone to think I'm getting lazy or that my enthusiasm for doing CSR is ebbing, for such is not the case. I'm tired and overworked, and trying to get the updates done a little ahead of time is all. (I've been working on a nice surprise for a couple of weeks from now). And my various spanking searches, although they haven't borne much fruit lately, are still going on. Nor has all the news been bad: while I haven't found any new spankings of worth so far this month, I did find two new leads to possible spankings I hadn't known about, one from a comic-book and the other one from a magazine, and it is from such leads that eventually (sometimes years later) I finally lay my hands on another exciting discovery! So finding actual spankings are really only a part of the search process, which around here is extremely complicated, ranging from blind reviews of stacks of material to targeted searches based on catalog entries or obscure rumors.
  • Fortunately, here to take up some of the slack are Resident Artists Hugob00m and Overbarrel. Be sure not to miss b00m's latest O. T. Katie adventure, The Imposter, or Phil (Overbarrel)'s A Custom Fit, both of which are works in progress. You'll be glad you checked them out!
For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Humorama Update: we dig up the third printing of Bill Ward's Nurse Grabner Spanking.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and the rest of the CSR gang :D . i think i may be luckier than you are in a way. we had our Thanksgiving dinner with the kids and grand kids yesterday since Karen has to work today so i am home alone today. i have a busy day planned, consisting of working on a new pic for my toon...........and thanks for the plug for that :D .................as well as some trumpet practice. i play in the Madison, Indiana Community Concert Band and we have 3 performances of Christmas music coming up. on Dec. 2 we are playing at a local nursing home, on Dec. 6 we are providing holiday music for a craft show in Madison and on the 9th we have our annual Christmas concert which is held at the Inn at Clifty Falls State Park. thanks for the update on your searches. i always find it fascinating when you elaborate on the processes you go through in your searches. i can see that, in some cases, it is a long road before you actually find a spanking drawing of which you may have only suspected the existence. now, as to the Ward drawing you presented this week.............i like the look on the Nurses face as she pretends not to know that the Doctor is looking at her prominent bottom......i think all of us here know that girls in situations like this know full well what effect positions like this are having on male onlookers :lol:. btw, i've had some of those psychomotor impulses myself along the way :lol: 8-) . thanks for the update :D . i hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I wasn't sure if you might take a break for Thanksgiving this week. I wouldn't blame you if you did... but on the other hand... I'm glad you went ahead and did an update for us! Thank you!

I'm glad to see you found another printing of one of Bill Ward's M/F cartoons (even if it isn't my preferred OTK position) I like the woman's exaggerated bet-over position... as if she's inviting the kind of attention the doctor is about to bestow upon her upturned rump! And the doctor's excuse, "psychomotor impulses"... Hmmmm! doe anyone REALLY think he'd get away with such an explanation for swatting his nurse's backside? Probably not... even for a psychyatrist, that sounds bogus! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you have a nice holiday and do something that's fun! ;) ;) ;) ;)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote:as well as some trumpet practice.
Well! It appears we have somethiong else in common besides an enjoyment of spanking cartoons! I also like to play music (even though I'm not currently in a band) My chosen instrument is the Dobro (acoustic slide guitar, in case anyone doesn't know), and I sometimes play a bass guitar and harmonica.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Glad you didn`t take a break today being it still Thanksgiving weekend ! but on the other hand do those that love spanking every stop thinking about their favor fetish :lol: Anyway Love this week drawing from Bill Ward 8-) Can`t fault the Doctor for wanting to smack Nurse Grabner Big rear as she bends over :D her very tight nurse`s uniform highlight her large plump bottom too bad she was over his knees! the humor is also good with the Doctor explaining that it Impluse that made him smack her bottom :lol: GREAT DRAWING!!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:Well! It appears we have somethiong else in common besides an enjoyment of spanking cartoons! I also like to play music (even though I'm not currently in a band) My chosen instrument is the Dobro (acoustic slide guitar, in case anyone doesn't know), and I sometimes play a bass guitar and harmonica.
hi Boom,

we do indeed have something else in common :D . of course, i am strictly an amateur musician but i still love playing. it's interesting that you play more than one instrument too. it seems like many of the musicians i have known play multiple instruments but i have never had an interest in playing anything but trumpet. i do like to hear all kinds of instruments though.........including the Dobro :D . i heard an interesting group of bluegrass musicians who played before us at the apple festival in Trimble county, Kentucky last fall. there was a man there playing a hammered dulcimer. i had never seen one before and after looking at it and talking to him a while, it looks to me like a really difficult instrument to play. anyway, i'm glad you get to play and have some fun. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/05/2014

Post by web-ed »

I didn't want to make this post any longer than it already is, so I put my report on people coming to CSR to view the work of our Resident Artists under another topic, How Do People Find CSR?. I don't have any really definite numbers, but I do manage to show that people are out there looking for our RA's. And then I have some fun with people who didn't want to find a spanking site but were brought to CSR by a search engine anyway!

Next, the November Search Report:
Pages searched: 1258
Total: 484726
Comic Spankings: 1

1. Feature Comics #23 (Aug. 1939, Comic Favorites) – more stupid clown paddling. M/M standing

This was again not a great month by any means, yet I want everyone to know that even when I don't find any good new spankings I sometimes get new leads or nail down the details of a known spanking, and that definitely happened this month when I found out there's another unsuspected comic-book spanking, something of interest in a magazine, and I located the source of a Bill Wenzel spanking cartoon (not Humorama - the details are over in that Forum, though). So we shouldn't despair at our meager findings, especially when I tell you that in December I've already discovered another unknown spanking in a Golden Age romance comic! Perhaps we'll see it in February.

Yet more: I added some items to the Comics Spanking Data Base we aren't going to see posted on the site:

1. Ace Comics #82 (David McKay, Jan. 1944) – Captain spanking Katzenjammer Kids on cover.
2. Action Comics #68 (DC, Jan. 1944) – Susie Tompkins 2nd appearance. Update existing table row.
3. Apache Kid #7 (Marvel, July 1951) – M/M, OTK, paddle. Tough Hombre gets spanked by his father. Ugh!
4. MAD #8 (EC, December 1953) – Bat Boy and Rubin parody. Double M/M OTK, hairbrush. They spank the Fleagle gang with hairbrushes.
5. Captain and the Kids #17 (no indicia available) – The Captain spanks the Katzenjammer Kids again. M/M, OTK, Hand.
6. Feature Comics #23 (Quality, August 1939) – Big Top more stupid clown paddling
7. Donald Duck Adventures #11 (Gladstone, Feb 1989) F/M OTK Hand – Donald spanked by kangaroo

Most of this is simply awful! The Lois Lane spanks Susie Tompkins scene was already in the DB but I didn't have any details. Of greater interest is the scene from MAD #8: at this time (1953) it was still a four-color comic, and the spankings occurred in a parody of Batman and Robin called Bat Boy and Rubin. Furthermore, it was drawn by Wally Wood! Anyone wanting to see it should drop me a line.

I have more items to go into the DB but stopped with these because they got us to the 700-mark. Yes, there are now 700 spankings from comic books and strips documented in the DB! :D

Well, it's December and so time to put up our Christmas Decorations on the Home Page. I haven't added anything new this year, but I hope everyone likes to see their old favorites again - in that way, Christmas spanking cartoons are like Christmas ornaments for the tree! Only one update again, this time the first appearance of Bill Ward's One Spank for Every Minute Past Midnight, but between the decorations here and two extras over on the Forum (some observations on how people come to find CSR and some new comic spankings going into the data base) it's probably enough for this busy time of year.

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Humorama Update: we discover the very first printing of Bill Ward's One Spank for Every Minute Past Midnight.
Next Week: We continue our Bill Ward updates with a cartoon in which a man gives a precautionary spanking to his wife - it's wise to take no chances! And then a very nice surprise (we hope): the only Rob/Laura spanking scene from the old classic Dick Van Dyke Show, very close to the 50th anniversary of the date this episode first aired in 1964! If you don't remember this scene, you're not alone: no one seems to have remembered it except us, and we finally tracked it down. It's a cute scene with its only drawbacks being no OTK position and only three light swats applied.

Whew! Do you think that's enough for now? :roll:
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed: Super searcher strikes again! :)

Over the years, Nick, you have brought us literally HUNDREDS of great spanking toons from yesteryear... even some that i had despaired of ever finding myself, but you with your superior research powers stayed on the trail and picked up loads of toons -- most of them new to me, but some also some in sharper, cleaner prints. Hallelujah Nick!

If it isn't asking too much... WHEN do you plan to bring to the CSR your incredible find that will, finally, explain that one panel that shows us a well-dressed young woman bending over to receive a spanking from her boyfriend, or her male co-worker, or her husband while saying:

"HARDER! I deserve it!"

Her spanker says, "I never figgered [sic] that we'd ever earn $100 like THIS!"

You've said you had finally found out what those captions mean, and that you would post to CSR the relevant story line. May I ask, WHEN?

This toon must have first surfaced in the early 1950s, since the spankee is wearing one of those poodle-like long skirts that were made popular in about 1951, via the Christian Dior collection called: "The New Look."

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 12/05/2014

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:Hiya Web-ed: Super searcher strikes again! :)

If it isn't asking too much... WHEN do you plan to bring to the CSR your incredible find that will, finally, explain that one panel that shows us a well-dressed young woman bending over to receive a spanking from her boyfriend, or her male co-worker, or her husband while saying:

"HARDER! I deserve it!"

Her spanker says, "I never figgered [sic] that we'd ever earn $100 like THIS!"

You've said you had finally found out what those captions mean, and that you would post to CSR the relevant story line. May I ask, WHEN?

Cheers,
Dan
No, it's not asking too much, Dan, and I don't really mean to leave my faithful readers in suspense this way. But I have a problem - a passion for organization and grouping like things together, which is why I often do series or specials with a related theme. I'm actually itching to present this one, but reluctantly decided to hold it back until next year (which of course is almost upon us) so that no one would miss it because of the busy Christmas season. Right now, it looks like I'm going to be able to do a second annual "Romantic Spanking Month" in February, and that's where I plan to present this scene which I had dubbed "Secretary Swats!" Now at first that might seem strange, because the scene itself is certainly not particularly romantic, but there is a tie-in as we will see. ;) Time flies, and February will be here before we know it.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Glad to see the CHRISTMAS Spanking Drawings 8-) Tis the Season for spanking naughty ladies :lol: That's really is a lot of spanks that young lady in Bill Ward `s One Spank For Every Minute Past Midnight is going to get 8-) :lol: The over the knee is GREAT with the spankee upper body close to the floor while her bottom is up high :D The spanker choose the right tool to spank her curfew breaking daughter with A HAIRBRUSH!! If only the girl was barebottom :D but being this is a Ward drawing her panty is nice!1GREAT DRAWING!!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

it's very interesting the many avenues you take in searching for more spankings for us. it does seem that some promising things have come up in what might have otherwise been a disappointing month ;) .
web-ed wrote: I have more items to go into the DB but stopped with these because they got us to the 700-mark. Yes, there are now 700 spankings from comic books and strips documented in the DB! :D
another milestone for CSR :D :D i wonder if any other site can make such a claim ;) . it's nice seeing our collection of Christmas themed spankings again............HO HO HO :D congratulations on acquiring the first printing of the Ward "One Spank for Every Minute Past Midnight" drawing :D . the way you're going, CSR will definitely have the most complete set of Humorama spankings ever put together :D . i love the way the spankee's head hangs down in this one with her hair falling toward the floor :D . i DO think that's enough for now. you better get some rest and build up your strength ;) . thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/12/2014

Post by web-ed »

• Humorama Update: we find the last printing of Bill Ward's Precautionary Spanking. It's wise not to take too many chances, and this fellow doesn't want to risk his wife's misbehaving!
  • Video Extra: Most people remember the old Dick Van Dyke Show, but no one seems to recall the few swats that Van Dyke gave to Mary Tyler Moore in one episode (which aired almost exactly 50 years ago, by the way). Well, it's time that spankos everywhere get a chance to see this, so here it is! (Note: to avoid overloading our servers, only the YouTube version is available this week. Next week the media players and links to the WMV and MPEG-2 versions will be activated. Sorry, but video is tough to work sometimes.)
Actually, the video page isn't working properly now that I've loaded it to production for the first time - #$%@! I want everyone to know I do test out the updates before loading them every Thursday (there are a few things that cannot be tested ahead of time) and the page was working last night with Internet Explorer.

The problem is that video is getting harder to do on a webpage instead of easier! YouTube's new supplied embedding code depends on frames and therefore no longer works with every site, even one like CSR whose basic HTML code is extraordinarily simple (except for this board and the Humorama and Comic Book Data Base pages). My recent practice has been to embed both the Windows Media Player (works with Internet Explorer only) and the YouTube Player (used to work with most browsers), but HTML5 has some changes rendering parts of the code I was using obsolete and YouTube's old code no longer works either :x

What this means for today's update, which features three different videos:

1. The page is not working correctly. However, you can still download the first video, "How to Spank a Star" (which has no spanking!) from the link and play it on your computer (if you have Windows).
2. The second video is the full-length excerpt from "My Two Showoffs and Me" and it does have the spanking. The download links are not active because I can't take the risk of overloading CSR's server as everyone tries to download it at once. Therefore, please use the YouTube link (necessary because I couldn't embed the player in the page) to go to YouTube and view the video there.
3. The third video is a shortened version of the second with just the spanking. Again, the player doesn't seem to be working but you can download it from the link.

Of course, I'll try to have all this straightened out for next week, at which time you can go ahead and use the link to the long version because it won't be everyone at once.

Also next week: Bill Ward's "Seat of the Trouble" and a F/F spanking from bondage-master Alazar!
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Nice to see Mary Tyler Moore in her younger days. It is a shame she never wound up over Ed Asner's knee in "the Mary Tyler Moore Show".
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i see we now have the first and last appearance of the Ward precautionary trip spanking :D . i see we have 2 different but similar captions on them too. this isn't one of my favorites because of the reasons you already mentioned. in this OTK position, i doubt that it's even possible for her to get her left leg that far down because his leg would be in the way. also, his expression kind of ruins this drawing for me. it's one thing to take a bit of evil pleasure from spanking a naughty lady but this guy looks like a serial killer or something :lol: . i will say that Ward did a superb job of showing us the spankee's motion in this one...........right down the flying pearl necklace. i remember this episode of Dick Van Dyke. i also remember the title of the show and 50 years ago, it really got my attention :shock: :? . then later when Rob tells Laura he's going to give the girl a spanking, i was positively quivering :lol: . i should have known better i suppose but at 15 years old i was probably not thinking well due to an overdose of testosterone :lol: .also, i remember Rob coming home and watching Laura's reaction when he tells her he did give her a spanking, before revealing it was only a metaphorical spanking. DAMN! i knew he swatted her bottom with a rolled up magazine but had forgotten he chased her through the house, swatting her a couple more times. it could have been so much better..............sigh. no problem though, i my fantasies he followed her to the bedroom, put her over his lap and pulled her panties down for a proper spanking :D . thanks for the trip down memory lane ;) . phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB-ED CSR!!!! Love all the spanking drawings from Bill Ward even the flawed ones :D the Color in his Precautionary Spanking is GREAT! the otk is ok! and I like seeing the spankee kick while being spanked 8-) she also have a very nice shape (Bottom) :lol: the guy seem to be enjoying spanking her :D GREAT SPANKING DRAWING!Dick Van Dyke swatting Mary Tyler Moore plump rear with a roll up newspaper is Hot meaning she really needed a spanking on that show too bad the writers didn`t let Rob turn her over his knees instead of chasing her around the Living room smacking her bottom :lol: This also reminds me of The Thin Man spanking his wife Nora with a roll up newspaper :lol: only that was otk 8-) do anyone think Mary Tyler Moore enjoyed being spanked by Dick Van Dyke?`` I mean the way she hopping around trying to avoid the swat got a feeling to me that this was the most degrading thing that could have happen to her :lol: GOOD CLIP!`` TOO IT WASN`T OVER THE KNEE!!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:Humorama Update: we find the last printing of Bill Ward's Precautionary Spanking. It's wise not to take too many chances, and this fellow doesn't want to risk his wife's misbehaving!
Ah! It's nice to see one of Bill Ward's early M/F cartoons. And I like that you've researched that cartoon's history and presented it, along with the various reprints.
web-ed wrote:Video Extra: Most people remember the old Dick Van Dyke Show, but no one seems to recall the few swats that Van Dyke gave to Mary Tyler Moore in one episode (which aired almost exactly 50 years ago, by the way). Well, it's time that spankos everywhere get a chance to see this, so here it is! (Note: to avoid overloading our servers, only the YouTube version is available this week. Next week the media players and links to the WMV and MPEG-2 versions will be activated. Sorry, but video is tough to work sometimes.)
I wasn't able to watch the clip, but your description of the episode and the still frames brought back happy memories of a time that I did see Dick Van Dyke chasing Mary Tyler Moore around the room swatting her cute little butt! As others have lamented, it's too bad we never got to see Mary Tyler Moore get an OTK spanking on any of her shows!

As always, thank you for all the hard work you put into these updates!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 12/12/2014

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Ah! It's nice to see one of Bill Ward's early M/F cartoons. And I like that you've researched that cartoon's history and presented it, along with the various reprints.
I think you're going to be happy with what I've got planned for next spring, B00m - watch for an announcement in the New Year.
hugob00m wrote:
web-ed wrote:Video Extra: Most people remember the old Dick Van Dyke Show, but no one seems to recall the few swats that Van Dyke gave to Mary Tyler Moore in one episode (which aired almost exactly 50 years ago, by the way). Well, it's time that spankos everywhere get a chance to see this, so here it is! (Note: to avoid overloading our servers, only the YouTube version is available this week. Next week the media players and links to the WMV and MPEG-2 versions will be activated. Sorry, but video is tough to work sometimes.)
I wasn't able to watch the clip, but your description of the episode and the still frames brought back happy memories of a time that I did see Dick Van Dyke chasing Mary Tyler Moore around the room swatting her cute little butt! As others have lamented, it's too bad we never got to see Mary Tyler Moore get an OTK spanking on any of her shows!
I've got a lot to say about the problems I had with the players on the Dick Van Dyke page in this week's updates post below. I don't want you to miss out, b00m, so if nothing else you can go to the YouTube page and view the spanking scene there.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/19/2014

Post by web-ed »

I hate failure, but I must report that I could not fix the players on The Dick Van Dyke Show spanking page we presented last week. :x They worked fine in test, then acted up once I uploaded the file to production. First, two points regarding that page: (1) We have activated the links as planned so you can now download the files yourself and play them on your computer or burn them to DVD. (2) You can also still use the link to the YouTube page where we uploaded one file only (the long version of the spanking scene).

The Dick Van Dyke Show was the last of the old television series spankings I had in the files except for one very mild clip from The Avengers, but I do have a lot of other video stored up - mostly bar paddlings but also a few movie clips. That puts me in a bit of a quandary since I had hoped to do perhaps one video feature per month. There's really no point in doing new video pages without a working embedded player, so for now we'll have to put those plans on hold until I can fix the player problems.

And a few words about that: The ability to stream video content on a web page is one of the most important developments in the short history of the internet, and you would think that video standards would therefore be getting more settled as time goes by. Yet here we are, with version 5 of HTML (the basic code for web pages) in production, and instead there are multiple players with no standardization and little cross-browser capability! I can't tell CSR readers how frustrating it is to spend hours looking up code to embed this or that player, only to copy it exactly into a page and then have it not work! You have to wonder if their code is outdated (like YouTube's old embedding code) or if they just didn't test it, or if these technical experts (if that's what they are) are that bad at using the English language to provide a simple example of working code! :x

Yes, a lot of sites use the Flash Player, but I can't find simple code for it anywhere (I don't want to use a lot of scripts in my pages) and it may be proprietary - and if anybody's expecting CSR to pay for their player, forget it! We just don't have the bread. As a matter of fact, in desperation I recoded some of my video into Flash format, and I still couldn't get any Flash Player I could find to work with it! So it looks like it will be a while before this problem is fixed. [Latest update: last night I tried YouTube's new code again and it failed in test. Then when I reloaded the page to production just now, it started working! Don't ask me to explain it, but for now the embedded YouTube player is working, at least with Firefox.]

• Humorama Update: we find the first printing of Bill Ward's Seat of the Trouble.
  • The well-known bondage artist Alazar provides us with a drawing we'll call Female Spanks Female #418. Please don't ask us where the "418" came from, because we don't remember! Good spanking, though.
  • From last week: We have failed to fix the video player problems, but we have at least activated the links to the WMV and MPEG-2 versions, which you can download and play yourselves. (Remember to use the WMV version if you have Windows Media Player and just want to play the clip on your computer, and to use the MPEG-2 version for later burning to DVD). At the moment, the embedded YouTube player has started working, so you can also use that to see the extended spanking scene.
Next Week: it's our Christmas Special as Krampus pays a visit to two bad girls, with predictable results! Derektall and El Manto Negro provide the art and the girls provide the red bottoms. :)
-- Web-Ed