Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

nice rosy cheeks by Doc Cylon this week as usual. the second scan of the Kirk Stiles secretary spanked by female boss is vastly superior as you mentioned. i like the bending over position and the idea that she won't be doing any sitting around :lol: . i also like the inquisitive nature of the co workers in the background :lol: . the high handed drawing seems less well done to me. i like the bending over position less well and also the proportions of the spankee but it's still a nice idea and a nice drawing :D . interesting superhero spanking drawing by Tim. like you, i'll be interested in watching future drawings by him. i like the Robin spanks Batgirl. now that's the kind of comics i like to see :D . more good updates. thanks, phil
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 07/20/2012

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:Robin spanks Batgirl by David Marshall. An extended spanking scene in which Robin has finally had enough!
Oh yes! This is my favorite part of your update this week!
web-ed wrote:Let's savor two pages of "Batgirl's Bad Day", taking up the story where Robin has had enough and decides it's time to take her OTK. Marshall appears to have done this using traditional comic-art techniques - ink on paper (we don't know if he pencilled it first, but he probably did). Note the cameo appearance of Jughead Jones from Archie in the first panel.
Indeed! Let's savor those pages! Sometime I'd like to know the rest of the story of "Batgirl's Bad Day" and maybe if there was any specific reason for Robin to decide that Batgirl needed to be spanked right then and there. Was there a "last straw", that pushed Robin past the limits of his patience? Was it just the cumulative effect of dealing with her usual haughtiness? Or, maybe, considering her remark about his hard-on poking her belly... it was just that he was so sexually frustrated by her flirtiness, and her provocative costume, that he had to do something!
The addition of Jughead was funny.
web-ed wrote:Batgirl was always somewhat impudent in the comics, and as played by Yvonne Craig on TV we really wanted to see her get taken down a peg because of the "haughty, I-deserve-to-be-spanked attitude"
Didn't it seem like every character that Yvonne Craig ever played should've been spanked?
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!! Like the drawing of Ariel being spanked with a paddle by Doctor Cylon :twisted: Only problem is he should have taken her on land and spanked her :lol: Don`t think using a paddle underwater has much force ! Nice bottom she have would love to see her spanked as a Mermaid otk :twisted: Really love Kirk Stile`s High handed secretary spanking ! As much as I love otk position seeing this well built woman bent over a desk with her dress raise up getting spanked is great :D Love her reaction and the humor. Also love how the boss`s hand is cock way back to deliever the spanking :lol: Great drawing :!: :!: The other Stile`s drawing is also nice wonder if the acting boss is spanked by her boss :?: :lol: Good bent over position nice pantyclad bottom and you are right she should use a pointer or ruler on the secretary`s bottom :) The spanking of Batgirl by Robin is the best!! Love the over the knees position plus her struggling and facial expressing Robin is laying it on thick to her bottom :lol: Also love how her bottom flating when spanked add on kicking and pain lines making this drawing the best 8-) Love to see her spanked in her Batgirl suit! Robin might be young but he a good spanker juding by this drawing The Bat taught him well :lol: Generic Super hore drawing is nice ! nice plump bottom on the female spankee good otk postion :D Only the other girl on the left looks real young and flat :lol: Nice drawing!!!
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed:

Oh Dear God, this week's new updates contain two of the most orgasmically delightful spanking images ever to come down the pike. Thank you so much!

Of course the "Ariel" stuff doesn't excite me, as it is just Doc Cylon tinkering with an already extant pic. The later pencil pic by someone named "Tim" is nice, but I think Tim should continue to fine-tune his artistic skills. Maybe move into inking and coloring, and adding some tone and shading to his work.

But things get a little better with your new scan of the F/F toon you call "Secretary Spanked by Female Boss". The new detailing is very good, and it is indeed a nice pic, enhanced by our view of the two guys in the background looking on. But, as good a cartoon as this is, I won't be downloading it, because I generally save my disk space for M/F pics.

Much better is your new scan of the "high-handed" spanking. This is a Kirk Stiles toon that, somehow, I had missed seeing before. Because of the desk, the chair, the file cabinet, and the way the parties are dressed, I assume this is an office encounter. The well-dressed guy we assume is the boss, and the girl is his secretary. In spite of the fact that this is not an OTK toon, it is enchanting. I love the positioning and I like that the girl is holding up her own skirt to facilitate her spanking. That's a clue that there may be a consensual component to this spanking, and I like that...a LOT!

Also, this girl has something you and I have discussed before, namely, the generous thighs that Kirk Stiles always gives his spankees. Since I am Hispanic, I like my women with a lot of meat on 'em; so yeah, I really like big thighs on a girl, assuming they are shapely. And of course Stiles always sees to it that they ARE. The petite feet are another feature I like about Stiles' work. They are always small, but not distractingly so.

But, like a true artist, YOU, web-ed, have saved the best for last. Your final post for this week's super-special updates is ridiculously good... it's GREAAAAAAT!!

Oh my God, what a delightful surprise you have given us here! Robin, the Boy Wonder, is now actually giving Batgirl a good, sound over-the-knee spanking... and it is no small, friendly paddy-whacking between partners. No, Robin is giving it to her with both barrels. What a delightful idea!

I have tried to do research on the Batman-Robin-Batgirl characters, but nothing on Google or Wikipedia tells me their respective ages. Of course Batman is the oldest of the three, his story having debuted in 1939, and Robin the Boy Wonder came along (as a teenager) in 1940. But we never know their respective ages. Batgirl apparently did not arrive on the scene until 1967; but in comic book depictions as well as on TV and movie screens, she seems to be about Robin's age.

What I especially like about the Robin/Batgirl spanking is its length -- it is depicted in, I think, about eight (8!) panels -- plus the ferocity with which Batgirl struggles (in vain) to escape her ordeal. She is strong, of course; but here, we can see that Robin is stronger still. He successfully holds down the desperately struggling female and delivers an excruciatingly painful punishment to her bouncing bottom until she is, finally, thoroughly chastised and vanquished.

All along, I was thinking: Hey, this Robin looks younger than the woman across his lap. She seems to be as tall as he, as far as we can tell from the positions, and so I fantasized that Robin was actually spanking a (slightly) older woman. In those moments when I was thinking that, in my mind I was thinking about my own "Tommy and Miss Johnson" cartoons. This cartoon, apparently by someone named David Marshall, had me thinking Batgirl was the older of the two characters... especially when we "hear" her wondering "how does a boy his age have such a strong grip?"

And it was a nice touch, when we also "hear" Batgirl thinking that Robin's boner had poked her in the stomach. That line, also, had me thinking she was the elder of the two.

Well, after all these years, finally Robin the Boy Wonder and I have something in common. After this event, we both had to change our undies.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 07/20/2012

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:Oh Dear God, this week's new updates contain two of the most orgasmically delightful spanking images ever to come down the pike. Thank you so much!
You're most welcome, Dan! Nothing I like better than sharing my spanking discoveries (and essays) with my friends. :)

I don't think I need to say much more about the Kirk Stiles "High-handed Secretary Spanking", which was well-received. I have one more of Stiles that probably no one has seen before, and then a couple after that which may or may not be familiar. Stiles is going to come in at #2 after only Bill Ward as to the number of "spankers" done for Humorama, and it's just barely possible that there is still another Stiles cartoon we've yet to discover. Some months back, I predicted there still might be unknown "spankers" by Ward and Morrice, and sure enough, I've since discovered one more by each of these men which we'll be seeing later. I think we've exhausted the supply from Homer and DeCarlo, however, and I would be very surprised to find something previously unknown from either man at this point.

Speaking of Humorama, next week we'll have Part 1 of my comparative essay on the spanking art of these men (plus Bill Wenzel of course).

Everyone loved the Robin/Batgirl scene by David Marshall. Would you believe I'd been sitting on that one for over a year? It just shows how backed up things can get - once I couldn't get to it during Super-Spanking Summer #1, it had to wait for the changing of the seasons! I'm going to try hard to get through all my remaining super-stuff this summer, although it's going to be tough.
hugob00m wrote:Sometime I'd like to know the rest of the story of "Batgirl's Bad Day" and maybe if there was any specific reason for Robin to decide that Batgirl needed to be spanked right then and there.
As far as I know, Marshall never finished the story. It's possible he might still do so - as you know, the artist's life isn't an easy one, and sometimes favorite projects have to sit on the back burner while the rent is being paid with other things. One of the great things about it is that it is a whole story, which allowed for an extended spanking scene over a number of separate panels.
daneldorado wrote: I have tried to do research on the Batman-Robin-Batgirl characters, but nothing on Google or Wikipedia tells me their respective ages. Of course Batman is the oldest of the three, his story having debuted in 1939, and Robin the Boy Wonder came along (as a teenager) in 1940. But we never know their respective ages. Batgirl apparently did not arrive on the scene until 1967; but in comic book depictions as well as on TV and movie screens, she seems to be about Robin's age.
So you want to know more about the relative ages of the Dynamic Duo (plus 1), but couldn't find this information elsewhere? Because all these characters have been "retconned" it's confusing trying to tell one version from another in sources like Wikipedia (which I wouldn't rely on for anything important anyway). Curious to know if Robin might be spanking an older woman, much like Tommy and Miss Johnson? Well, you've come to the right place :D !
The relationship between Batman, Batgirl, and Robin could get strange at times.  From Detective Comics #369 (Nov. 1967).  Art by Gil Kane and Sid Greene.
The relationship between Batman, Batgirl, and Robin could get strange at times. From Detective Comics #369 (Nov. 1967). Art by Gil Kane and Sid Greene.
robin_tug_of_war_detective_no_369.jpg (186.56 KiB) Viewed 4159 times
It was something of a tradition in super-hero comics, or at least a convenience, that character ages were left unspecified in the stories themselves. Among other things, writers could avoid tripping over continuity problems that way. In some cases, there was a behind-the-scenes understanding: the pre-Byrne Superman so many of us grew up with from the 50's through the 70's, for instance, was 29, although this was never stated specifically in any comic. In other cases, we can draw reasonable inferences from known information - at least if we have lots of back issues - and that's what we'll do here.

To begin with, Batman had already begun his career when he took Robin under his wing (and of course he would have had to be older anyway to have been appointed Robin's legal guardian). Since Batman went through college and then spent some time getting additional training before starting out, this would seem to make him at least 25. Supposing Robin to have been about 15 when he joined up with Batman, that gives us an age difference of about 10 years between the two.

Some time passed before Batgirl hit the scene, and although Robin was still in high school he may have been more like 17 or 18. Batgirl had already graduated college, and since she's a full-fledged librarian in her early stories, she would have either a post-graduate degree or some work experience, making her about 25 or 26. This is confirmed by her later, somewhat improbable career as a Congresswoman (during the comics of the '70's) which requires that she be at least 25.

That means Robin did indeed get to enjoy the thrill of spanking a Batgirl who was 7 or even 8 years older than he was :D ! And Marshall was certainly aware of this, as evidenced by Batgirl's "a boy his age" remark. It also means we should consider commissioning some Robin/Batgirl scenes when we can - it would be great fun to highlight her embarrassment at being spanked by a younger man!
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed:

As usual, you are right. Robin and Batgirl have been personified as different people, in different versions of the Batman story. Especially is this true of Batgirl. As you said, she has been a librarian, a Congresswoman, and only recently seen as Barbara Gordon, daughter of the Gotham police commissioner. Her age bounces around, too, from version to version.

I found one pic that indicates she and Robin are approximately the same age:

I have no idea what year this picture was drawn, nor in which version of the Batman saga it appears. But as you say, there have been several.

Naturally, it doesn't matter much what her age is, as long as she is pretty and as long as she gets spanked. Let's hope we eventually get to see another Batgirl spanking scene that's as vigorous as the one you posted in this week's updates.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Batgirl 1 and Batgirl 2

Post by web-ed »

Dan - In the panels you've found, it's certainly true that Batgirl and Robin are about the same age - but it's a different Batgirl! She's Batgirl #1 (Betsy Kane), and she only made about a half-dozen appearances back in the early 60's. I can't positively identify the issue this kiss came from, but it was probably an issue of Batman rather than one of the other Bat-Family titles, and the pencils appear to be Sheldon Moldoff's (uncredited at that time and working under Bob Kane's signature).

The Batgirl we enjoyed seeing spanked in this week's updates was definitely Batgirl #2, Barbara Gordon. Some further discussion of these characters may be found in Two Batgirls for the (Andy) Price of One although I pulled the art from the page a couple of years ago.
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

I loved this week's, all of them. Nice to see that Robin is as accomplished as a spanker as his mentor. And I agree there is something appealing about women getting spanked by men younger than they are, the role reversal factor I suppose -ie. Miss Johnson and her pupil.
The one by Tim . The girl with pain lines coming out of the seat of her tight shorts is a topnotch "after" artwork.
Really liked the dialogue with the F/F spanking, always nice to see a reference to sitting difficulties that a spankee may face.
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!! Wasn`t there a comic back in the 60 where Batman was going to marry Batgirl? Meaning she has to be older than robin! :) Can`t say much about the new Batgirl who was a young girl that came after Robin left to become Nightwings! If anyone who I thought would give Batgirl a spanking it has to be the Joker! :lol:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I found your essay on the Big Five plus One to be both interesting and informative. Also, I'm honored that you refer to the "hugob00m theory" several times. Since we have so little information about the inclinations of the artists, we have to look for clues in the art itself. Using the "hugob00m theory" together with the "overbarrel theory", we can, perhaps, get a bit of insight into the thoughts and feelings of the artists.

Regarding Bill Wenzel: As you and many others have observed, he seems to be too sloppy with his positioning to be really "into" spankings. On the other hand, I find his drawings to be quite erotic because of the affectionate way he draws the backsides of his women. The quote from his daughter that all of Wenzel's women "looked like Mom", is probably the best indication that he found the "zaftig" women to be the most attractive. More than most of the "Big Five plus One", I can look at his non-spanking cartoons and think of how nice it would be if a man would just turn the lady over his knee!

...And there's going to be a part two? Good! I'll be looking forward to it!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 07/27/2012

Post by web-ed »

First, I did another batch of updates to the Comic Spanking Data Base. None of these items will be posted.

1. Little Audrey and Melvin #37 (Harvey, 1969) – this is now uncertain as I can't find any record of it anywhere. I'll leave it as "unconfirmed" for now. It wouldn't be of much interest in any case.
2. Feature Funnies #9 (June 1938) published by Comic Favorites (later Quality) – Joe Palooka (original Sunday strip date unknown). Joe spanks spoiled child star Nastica Gruntt, who actually isn't all that bratty, but is a little stuck-up.
3. Katy Keene #3 (1950 or 51, published by Archie) – looks like two more spankings of little sis. First is with hairbrush for asking Katy's boyfriends to bring her candy. Second is with a ukelele!
4. Sparkler #54 (April 1946) - published by United Feature. Katzenjammer Kids spank the Captain and another guy on cover (double spanking).
5. Startling Comics #42 (Nov. 1946) published by Standard. – Mama spanks son with hairbrush for gossiping on the telephone. Sister is walking away with pain starts indicating she got it first. Mama shown bending over 2 panels later, but no spanking for her, alas.
6 Feature Comics #93 (Nov. 1945) – more Big Top paddling as another clown paddles Butch. Hope this is the last one of these.

Most of this is either M/M or juvenile or both, which is why it won't be posted. Of some interest are the two additional Katy Keene / Little Sis spankings - this brings the known number of these to four, which is a lot! Early MLJ (Archie) comics have been insufficiently explored - there are still many basic questions scholars do not have answers for, such as indicia information that would give us precise publication dates, and based on the number of spankings I have found in the available issues I have always suspected there might well be more. Juvenile stuff such as Little Archie wouldn't be of much interest, nor Archie or Jughead getting spanked by their fathers, but an undiscovered early spanking of Betty or Veronica is a distinct possibility, and it would be great to have a second Suzy spanking or some other M/F scene!

By the way, the Data Base has now passed the 570 spankings mark :!:

For links to this week's updates please visit the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Doctor Cylon update - he adds Roger Rabbit to the three existing variations on "Jessica After the Spanking".
  • Humorama Series #99 - Secretary Spanking #28. This secretary is either crying before her spanking or is crying for more afterward - take a look and decide for yourselves. This rarity has never been seen before and would still be unknown but for a magazine we got a hold of thirty years ago!
  • Humorama Extra: A comparison of Humorama's best spanking cartoonists, The Big Five Plus One, Part 1. No new spanking cartoons here, but there are some other cartoon/comics works as we examine and compare nine separate characteristics of these six men. Next week in Part 2 we'll try to see how they managed to live as professional cartoonists as we assemble the available biographical information.
Super-Spanking Summer II continues with
  • Lady Death Spanks Pariah - This one gave us loads of problems back in June when we posted it - we couldn't get a copy of the book, and then we forgot where some better Lady Death spankings were, etc. - and now that we've got the whole book it's time to fill in a few details, like what Pariah did to deserve her spanking. If nothing else, you'll discover that Lady Death tended to run around with her bare bottom exposed, which while somewhat chilly in the winter only serves to whet our appetites for more spanking during this, the second summer of super-spanking!
  • Batman spanks Catwoman #6 by Tim - A long-delayed follow-up to the famous 1940 scene in which Batman threatened to spank Catwoman!
  • We love the idea of seeing Mary Marvel taken OTK :) . It never happened in the comics, but it happens here as longtime Marvel Family villain Black Adam spanks Mary Marvel on the bare in this piece by humor cartoonist Joe Gravel.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Was Batman Going to Marry Batgirl?

Post by web-ed »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:HI WEB-ED CSR!! Wasn`t there a comic back in the 60 where Batman was going to marry Batgirl? Meaning she has to be older than robin! :) Can`t say much about the new Batgirl who was a young girl that came after Robin left to become Nightwings! If anyone who I thought would give Batgirl a spanking it has to be the Joker! :lol:
There was no romance between Batman and Batgirl #2 (Barbara Gordon) in the 60's comics, although of course there could have been a gimmicky cover with Batgirl wearing a bridal veil or something. I almost seem to remember such a scene, but I think I'm just mixing it up with Supergirl marrying Mr. Mxyzptlk, which really was on a cover. However, I checked the relevant cover scans of Batman and Detective from 1967 - 1970 just now and couldn't find anything. Batman did romance Batwoman (Kathy Kane) in the early 60's, but I can't recall offhand how close to marriage they ever came. Very likely Kathy was ready to marry but Bruce wasn't.

There were hints of a possible romance between Batgirl and Robin during the 70's, but it never really got beyond some sparks when they teamed up. As I established in answer to Dan's question about their respective ages, there is no doubt that Batgirl was older, since she had to be at least a couple of years out of college during this time and he doesn't seem anywhere near graduation. I figure the difference to be 7 or 8 years, and in fact I recall a conversation between Dick and Bruce that touched on this point, although I can't remember which issue this took place in.

Retconning changed everything. The Barbara Gordon we see in the Batman animated cartoons is much younger than Dick Grayson, who in the 1992 series is still Robin but in some later cartoons has become Nightwing (this idea is left over from the pre-Crisis Earth-2 mythos, where the 40-something Batman is in semi-retirement and Dick Grayson must be at least 30, having adopted the Nightwing identity after reaching adulthood). This Barbara Gordon is still in her teens, although she might be older than the Tim Drake-Robin.

In the very bitter animated film Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, it is suggested that after Batgirl went to college and grew up she returned to Bruce and they became lovers. However, that period is not shown because the main action takes place some forty years later, when Bruce and Barbara are old and a very young man, Bruce's protege Terry McGinnis, has taken over as the new Batman. The love affair is surmised by McGinnis after he receives some stern warnings from now-Police Commissioner Barbara Gordon, who has followed in her father's footsteps.

And speaking of this film, we all know there was that caning scene with the Dee Dee twins, which you can view on the CSR Video page. The scene inspired El Manto Negro to do an OTK hand spanking of the twins by Nana Harley, and we'll be seeing that scene in the coming weeks as part of Super-Spanking Summer II! How's that for a smooth tie-in? :)
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

These were very exciting. Loved the Doc Cylon and JessicA ones- what a gorgeous, spankable bottom she has. Like to see a paddle used on it. Clever of him to come up with Coppertone parody. Thought the original ad depictede a little brat anyhow.
Nice discussion of the Humorama artists, very informative.
And lets have more of Tim's work.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

Jessica on the beach does indeed remind me of the old Coppertone ad, although..............i don't remember that puppy having the same expression on his face as Roger does :lol: . nice hand print on that shapely bottom too :D . i think in the Stiles secretary spanking that i chose to believe that he's already spanked her once but she's rubbing her bottom wanting more. good thing he seems willing to help the poor dear out by turning her over again :D . i found your comparison article about the big 5 plus one to be really fascinating :D . i loved the comparison of the different drawing styles, strengths and weaknesses and attitudes of the various artists. when talking about Dan DeCarlo you mention, "Because his style uses the cartoonist's shorthand to denote a sexy girl, I feel the amount of eroticism is limited. Others may disagree about this, but I feel a certain amount of realism is necessary to produce an erotic effect, and a “compressed” drawing style, without many lines, cannot be too realistic, although of course it can be very good for storytelling or humor." after i read this i spent a certain amount of time going back and forth between him and the other artists and i see what you mean about the effect of fewer lines, however.........................i have to wonder if there aren't some other factors in play here. when i was reading about using few lines i got to thinking about Funbun. now i don't draw so i might be wrong about this but Funbun also seems to use this "shorthand" method of drawing but i think some of his stuff is pretty erotic. for one thing, there are the nice full bottoms as well as the camera angles. in addition to these i think Funbun shows more action than did DeCarlo. i would be interested in hearing what the rest of you have to say about this. in any case, i loved the article and i appreciate the time you spent getting this ready to present to us. thanks for the added information on the Lady Death spanks Pariah spanking. it's always nice to have the details. sounds to me like Tim knows when a spanking needs to be administered :D . i have to say that he might have drawn Batman enjoying the spanking more :lol: . after looking at the Mary Marvel spanking i have to wonder if Joe Gravel isn't related to Bill Ward :lol: nice full bottom but a little angular and needs some color. i like her comments too :lol: . more great updates. thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

As usual, Web-ed, you have supplied us with a great store of new spanking cartoons to look at and think about and salivate over. Thanks so much!

I won't have much to say about the Jessica Rabbit toon, since that is an extant drawing that your Doc Cylon is just playing around with. But following that, you've given us A LOT to savor.

The toon you call "Secretary Spanking No. 28" by Kirk Stiles is very interesting in spite of the fact that no spanking can be seen. The look of this toon cries out, "Spanking Coming Up!" and demands our attention. You have invited us to "take a look and decide for yourselves" whether the secretary is crying before her spanking or is crying for more afterward. The beauty of it is that, whichever option we choose, EITHER ONE is correct!

I agree that the secretary here is beautifully drawn, but I wonder if her left hand is really "rubbing her sore bottom." To me, that hand is positioned much HIGHER than where the meat of her buttocks would be. Since -- as you point out -- the boss is clearly beckoning her to get over his lap for a spanking, I get the feeling that her hand is just resting on her hip, as in "Oh dear, now I'm really in for it!" And that would mean, she has not actually been spanked... yet. But as I said above, either interpretation would be correct in our vivid imaginations.

Your essay on the "Comparison of the Humorama Big Five Plus One Spanking Cartoonists" merits much praise, as it reflects the enormous amount of work you have put into it.

Of your “Five plus one” I would submit that Bill Ward is the best pure artist of the lot, but his sense of humor is sadly beneath the other four. You put it well:

“I suspect the anger shown by many of his male spankers is a reflection of a hostility towards women.” Of course I don’t know the reasons behind your summation, but you’re right: None of Ward’s M/F spanking toons show any sympathy for the women. Stiles does, and so do Wenzel and DeCarlo. Perhaps Homer Provence was the most female-friendly spank artist, for he frequently has the spankee female deliver the punch line. “I know Morse code, Dear, and I love you too.”

Speaking of Provence, in presenting this essay you accidentally displayed an example of my Number One Fetish. No, it isn’t Spanking, though of course female spanking is very high on my fet-list. But my Number One, all-time, HIGHEST fetish is seeing a pretty woman raise her skirt to show her legs. And waddaya know, in your essay about the Big Five Plus One, you show us a Homer Provence cartoon where a girl is doing exactly that. Magnifique!

Your toon of Lady Death spanking a girl named, alternately, Eva or Pariah, is one of the few – the VERY FEW – F/F spanking toons I have ever downloaded. I liked it when you first posted it, partly because the artistry is simply marvelous, but also because it is one of the few spank toons in which the spankee is positioned perfectly over her tormentor’s knee. As you have often said, the spankee’s bottom should be directly over her spanker’s right leg, with the rest of her body draped comfortably across the person’s lap. And here, it is just so.

Thanks, too, for filling us in on the reasons behind Pariah’s punishment. I don’t know much about this Lady Death character, and I have never seen any comic books with her in them. But you have given us the best panels she was ever in, I’m sure of that.

Your friend “Tim” has given us another of his pencil sketches, this time with Batman spanking Catwoman. While his drawings do nothing for me, this post is interesting because you bring up the phrase “Papa spank!” And you’re right, back in the 1940s that phrase was used often. In the famous film “Casablanca” (1942) Humphrey Bogart suggests to Claude Rains that he does the Gestapo’s bidding because otherwise, “Gestapo Spank!”

But the phrase was already popular by then. I’ve seen and heard mention of it several times, not only in the 1948 musical “Kiss Me Kate,” but elsewhere.

Thanks again for the updates, Web-ed. You always come through for us.

Cheers,
Dan
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB-ED CSR!! Jessica Rabbit do have a very spankable bottom and I wish to have seen her get it otk but still I like the many spanking she got from Doctor Cylon and the humor Ohh he got me good alright :lol: What a bottom!! Love all the drawing from the big five plus one and I believe Dan DeCarlo to be a true spanko maybe Stiles and Ward who I think is mostly into S&M and bondage same as Eng and Stanton :D But after seeing so many of DeCarlo`s spanking drawing mainly secretaries make me think he into spanking :) How great was it back then when drawing a grown woman getting a spanking was not only sexy but funny wonder how something like this would play out today :lol: ? Thanks for showing the lead up to Pariah`s spanking from Lady Death !! Pariah seem just like a naughty brat making this spanking so justicfied only wish to see her put up a fight and struggle while over Lady Death knees :lol: Nice drawing. I think the secretary in the Kirk Stiles drawing wanted another spanking ! Judging by the way she is rubbing her bottom and crying maybe she into it :twisted: Really like this drawing and the way Stile shows off her bottom . Nice :) Batman spanks Catwoman #6 is good. Love that Batman is a man of his words :lol: If any Super hero I though would spank plenty of bad females Batman would be it :D He never hurt a woman punch or kick! and all the beautiful women he have been with both as Brue and Batman surly some of these ladies should have spent some time over his knees :lol: Think I saw the Black Adam spanks Mary Marvel drawing before NICE!!
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

butch wrote:

How great was it back then when drawing a grown woman getting a spanking was not only sexy but funny... wonder how something like this would play out today?

I certainly agree that the mainstream was much more welcoming of "a grown woman getting a spanking" back in the day. It doesn't get much play in today's comics (except here at CSR), but of late I have become aware that such a scenario is not uncommon in television shows from, of all places, Brazil!

Since 1999, the year that "Suave Veneno" came out as a TV novela in Brazil, and was followed almost immediately by "Laços de Família" and "Perola Negra", our Brazilian neighbors have gleefully and unconcernedly turned to female spankings for crowd-pleasing scenes.

A spectacularly good OTK spanking of a grown but bratty woman was featured in "Alma Gemea" (2005), then came "Sete Pecados" in 2007, and a very public spanking for actress Regiane Alves in "Tempos Modernos" (2010). Deborah Secco, the same girl who was spanked in "Laços de Família" a dozen years earlier, returns for a second spanking -- from the same actor, José Mayer -- in the latest season of that Brazilian soap.

Don't know what it is, about these chicks named Deborah. Another actress, Deborah Evelyn, got a very good spanking -- also quite public -- in Brazil's "Caras & Bocas" (2010).

These few titles are, I am certain, only a fraction of the spank scenes to come from our equatorial friends down in Brazil lately. Don't know what's in the water down there, but whatever it is, it makes the public conducive to the kind of entertainment we adore, here at the Chicago Spanking Review.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 07/27/2012

Post by web-ed »

I was especially gratified by the warm reception everyone gave to my article on The Big Five Plus One. This week, we'll have Part 2 of the article, in which I look at these artists' non-Humorama work (where available) and take a mercenary look at what kind of money I think they were making! Hope everyone likes it. :)
tanner wrote:And lets have more of Tim's work.
I have one more piece from Tim, a rather odd Superman/Lois spanking with belt and rhyming dialogue, which I may try to squeeze in this summer if I start doing one spanking from the "Superman Family" each week once all the "Batman Family" stuff is used up. Otherwise, we'll see it some time later.
overbarrel49 wrote:when i was reading about using few lines i got to thinking about Funbun. now i don't draw so i might be wrong about this but Funbun also seems to use this "shorthand" method of drawing but i think some of his stuff is pretty erotic. for one thing, there are the nice full bottoms as well as the camera angles. in addition to these i think Funbun shows more action than did DeCarlo. i would be interested in hearing what the rest of you have to say about this. in any case, i loved the article and i appreciate the time you spent getting this ready to present to us.
You're very welcome, Phil. My comments about few lines may have been an over-simplification and are certainly debatable, but I do feel I'm on to something. I think the only work of Funbun I've ever posted on CSR has been some of his bare-bottom modifications, and it's possible that many CSR readers are unfamiliar with his work. I certainly regret the difficulty I had in saving the attachments on the Artastic Forum, because I didn't have time to get to Funbun's art, and while AF was still up I didn't want to repost Funbun's original work since AF was basically his baby. I just did a quick search of my old files, and I came up with this example:
Losing Cheerleader Squad, by Funbun
Losing Cheerleader Squad, by Funbun
Loosingcheerleadingsquad-animated_funbun_ua.gif (311.3 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
This is certainly a fairly erotic piece given its handicap of being F/F, and it's undeniable that Funbun made do with relatively few lines. Without trying to sound like I'm walking away from my original point, I think that although few lines are used, the style is much different than caricature/shorthand, and that more details (as we would get from, say, Serpieri) would probably make it even more erotic. It's a subject worthy of more debate, and once I've got some time freed up (ha!) I plan to do a short article on Eroticism in Comic Art, in which we can explore these ideas further.
daneldorado wrote: The toon you call "Secretary Spanking No. 28" by Kirk Stiles is very interesting in spite of the fact that no spanking can be seen. The look of this toon cries out, "Spanking Coming Up!" and demands our attention. You have invited us to "take a look and decide for yourselves" whether the secretary is crying before her spanking or is crying for more afterward. The beauty of it is that, whichever option we choose, EITHER ONE is correct!

I agree that the secretary here is beautifully drawn, but I wonder if her left hand is really "rubbing her sore bottom." To me, that hand is positioned much HIGHER than where the meat of her buttocks would be. Since -- as you point out -- the boss is clearly beckoning her to get over his lap for a spanking, I get the feeling that her hand is just resting on her hip, as in "Oh dear, now I'm really in for it!" And that would mean, she has not actually been spanked... yet. But as I said above, either interpretation would be correct in our vivid imaginations.

Your essay on the "Comparison of the Humorama Big Five Plus One Spanking Cartoonists" merits much praise, as it reflects the enormous amount of work you have put into it.

Of your “Five plus one” I would submit that Bill Ward is the best pure artist of the lot, but his sense of humor is sadly beneath the other four. You put it well:

“I suspect the anger shown by many of his male spankers is a reflection of a hostility towards women.” Of course I don’t know the reasons behind your summation, but you’re right: None of Ward’s M/F spanking toons show any sympathy for the women. Stiles does, and so do Wenzel and DeCarlo. Perhaps Homer Provence was the most female-friendly spank artist, for he frequently has the spankee female deliver the punch line. “I know Morse code, Dear, and I love you too.”

Speaking of Provence, in presenting this essay you accidentally displayed an example of my Number One Fetish. No, it isn’t Spanking, though of course female spanking is very high on my fet-list. But my Number One, all-time, HIGHEST fetish is seeing a pretty woman raise her skirt to show her legs. And waddaya know, in your essay about the Big Five Plus One, you show us a Homer Provence cartoon where a girl is doing exactly that. Magnifique!

Your friend “Tim” has given us another of his pencil sketches, this time with Batman spanking Catwoman. While his drawings do nothing for me, this post is interesting because you bring up the phrase “Papa spank!” And you’re right, back in the 1940s that phrase was used often. In the famous film “Casablanca” (1942) Humphrey Bogart suggests to Claude Rains that he does the Gestapo’s bidding because otherwise, “Gestapo Spank!”

But the phrase was already popular by then. I’ve seen and heard mention of it several times, not only in the 1948 musical “Kiss Me Kate,” but elsewhere.

Thanks again for the updates, Web-ed. You always come through for us.
You're very welcome, Dan, and I appreciate your kind words. :)

On the Homer cartoon, I must admit that it wasn't entirely accidental. I had several of his cartoons readily available, but when I saw that one I immediately remembered your love of "seeing a pretty woman raise her skirt to show her legs" and decided to go with it. I'm glad you liked it as much as I thought you would :) .
Last edited by web-ed on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correct typo
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Web-edwrote:

On the Homer cartoon, I must admit that it wasn't entirely accidental. I had several of his cartoons readily available, but when I saw that one I immediately remembered your love of "seeing a pretty woman raise her skirt to show her legs" and decided to go with it. I'm glad you liked it as much as I thought you would.

Once again, I owe you much thanks. It's so great that you remember my fetish, and supply examples when you run across them!

Long ago, back before I became a spanko, I used to collect old magazines that had pics of pretty models posing with their skirts pulled up, smiling and showing off their pretty legs. I guess my collection now numbers in the HUNDREDS... and that includes hard copies in print magazines (got lots of those!), photos and artist renderings, plus the pics I have been able to collect here on the Internet.

I have a sister-in-law who, when she was younger, was quite proud of her legs, and she allowed me to photograph her in the "skirts up" position, several times over the years. She's too old for that now, alas, but at least I was able to upload her pics to my computer. I regularly salivate over them.

You and your spanko friends have undoubtedly seen the most popular "raised skirt" photo of all time. It's by Bettie Page, who usually posed with much less clothing than here. But when asked to give a "cheesecake" pose, she donned a regular dress and gave us this gem:

And, of course, you have probably seen my own Holy Grail, an 8X10 photo which I found while rummaging through a bunch of old movie star photos at a film convention back in the day:

To this day, I cannot look at photos like these without their generating a tumescence in my groin. As I say, I have hundreds of them. This last one, of Warner Bros. starlet Patrice Wymore (she was Errol Flynn's widow) was undoubtedly taken in or around 1951, as that was the year of her greatest stardom.

But enough. Yours is a message board for spankos, and I gladly return to that genre now. I hope this temporary departure from the Darling Subject will not be a turn-off for you and your guests. As I said before, keep 'em coming.

Cheers,
Dan
Last edited by daneldorado on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:This is certainly a fairly erotic piece given its handicap of being F/F, and it's undeniable that Funbun made do with relatively few lines. Without trying to sound like I'm walking away from my original point, I think that although few lines are used, the style is much different than caricature/shorthand, and that more details (as we would get from, say, Serpieri) would probably make it even more erotic. It's a subject worthy of more debate, and once I've got some time freed up (ha!) I plan to do a short article on Eroticism in Comic Art, in which we can explore these ideas further.
hi web-ed,

i'll be awaiting this article and any debate that may come from it :D . thanks, phil