Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

HI web-ed,

I was happy to see that your December search yielded some results :D . I was also pleased to hear that you were able to upgrade the board with no problems. I didn't notice anything which is, I'm sure, is just what you were hoping for :D . I see you had some really big names in your Humorama models to see more of. They were all great but my favorite was Raquel. That's probably because of the "outfit" she's wearing. I find it really easy to fantasize that she's actually wearing just a bra and panties 8-) .......panties that could easily be lowered for a spanking ;) .

I have to say that the new scans of the Buz Sawyer spanking are a huge improvement over the original one you posted. Of course, even at that, I do like the altered version where our hero has pulled her pants down to spank her bare bottom 8-) . I also enjoyed the nice, clear scans depicting the story before and after the spanking. I think all of our CSR readers like knowing the story behind a spanking :D . I think your comments pretty much cover the attributes of the spanking panel but I also like the panel where she returns after running off into the jungle. I couldn't help but notice her submissive posture as she emerges from the jungle :lol: . Good updates as always! Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/13/2017

Post by web-ed »

We continue the Year of the Comic Strip with some new scans and information on the Susie Q. Spanking we first posted back in 2011. It's a very humorous spanking of the kind that we have seen many times in American comics, but I think most of us here never get tired of them (provided it's a female on the receiving end).

Also, be sure to check out Dan's recent posts over in his own gallery - he found a very early cartoon in his files and has revised and colored another cartoon he posted not long ago. Classic stuff :D !

Next Week: it's more of Susie Q. Smith with one off-panel spanking (heard through a window by her boyfriend!), one after-the-spanking panel with the pain-stars a-flyin', one spanking threat, and finally a missed opportunity as a handsome lifeguard bends her over a barrel :lol: . These are more of Sweetspot's scans, and we'll be seeing a lot more of the results of his researches in the months to come. Also: more from Doctor Cylon!

Although this is going to be "The Year of the Comic Strip," we're going to have some non-strip material too, and beginning in two weeks it's going to completely interrupt the strips since I can't do so much at the same time. What will we see? Well, first it's the comic-book version of McLintock! on Jan. 27, which I somehow just didn't get to last year, and of course the big question is does it have a spanking :?: We'll find out in two weeks (although the fact that it's getting posted at all is a clue to the answer you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out :lol: ), so don't miss it!

Then coming in February it's another Romantic Spanking Month, with four brand-new spankings (in the sense they've never been seen before) from Golden Age romance comics dredged up by Robin and myself. All of these are well worth seeing and of course M/F.

In March the comic strips will make their return, but I'll say no more right now because I don't know how much excitement CSR readers can take at one time :lol: !
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

First off, it sounds like you have a lot of great updates planned for coming weeks and I find myself looking forward to seeing them.......especially the comic book version of McLintock :D. I really like the idea behind this week's Suzie-Q :D . In my estimation, Suzie winding up over dad's lap is the logical and the most perfect ending for this short story :lol: . This is drawn in a very cartoony style and is a father spanking his daughter so it certainly isn't erotic at all. Still, I think the spanking is totally justified and from the look on dad's face, he certainly thinks so too :lol: It just goes to show you, never piss off a man with a needlessly broken window :lol: . Thanks for finding all the historical details about this one too. Thanks, Phil
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Susie Q came out a few years after Archie and was in the same genre.

In the strip shown she is defending her little brother only to be spanked herself. No good deed goes unpunished.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!! well someone was going to be spanked thanks goodness it was Susie :twisted: :lol: :lol: her little brother owe her big time :lol: :lol: the over the knee is good with Susie`s jeans clad bottom jutted up high :D also like that Dad is using a hairbrush to spank with 8-) the shock look on Susie face is priceless :D GREAT comic strip Spanking and a more clearer scan 8-) THANKS!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/20/2017

Post by web-ed »

• The Comic Strip Series continues with more of Suzie Q. Smith as she learns (several times) that she's not too old to be spanked!
  • Doc Cylon Gallery (how good it is to be able to update this one again): The good doctor must believe in a modified version of the old adage "Spare the rod and spoil the child" for he entitled this view of a grown-up naughty girl Spare the Palm - but he didn't!
This week's Susie Q. scans are all due to Sweetspot, and we'll be seeing a lot more from him when the Comic Strip Series returns in March. Now technically the two spankings take place off-panel, so they can't be put into the Comic Spankings Data Base, but they're such fine scenes in terms of the humor involved that Sweetspot and I both loved them. There are two more strips as well: in one of them Susie is merely threatened with a spanking by her father (but we know it's no empty threat, and so does Susie!), while in the other a lifeguard rescues her from the surf and then, using a technique I never learned in the Boy Scouts when studying lifesaving, bends her over a barrel! He then starts pounding her lower back (the lungs are up higher than that - back to anatomy class for this guy), which suggested spanking both to Sweetspot and myself. (Yes, as spankos we're more alert than most people to the spanking possibilities in ordinary situations, but I'm sure most CSR readers feel the same way).

Susie Q. may remind some readers of the similarly-named Archie Comics character Suzie, whom we saw most recently last September (also getting spanked by her father). I can't remember how fully I updated everyone, but I did complete my search of her own comic book and there are no more spankings. However, there is still reason for hope: Suzie appeared in a lot of places besides her own book, especially in her early years, so until all the old Archie Comics have been searched, there's still the possibility that a third on-panel spanking for Suzie exists :) ! And I do have a little more non-spanking material featuring Suzie as well.

Doctor Cylon contributes a colorized drawing from Japanese Hentai. Despite aging eyes and hands making things more difficult for him (and in fact he's not doing any coloring right now), the good Doctor hasn't lost his touch, as everyone will see. Long-time CSR readers may remember a period (I think it was probably 2008 - 2010 or so) when the majority of our updates were his work (this was before I discovered and received tons of comic-book, comic-strip, and Humorama material beginning in 2009, with this board starting in 2009 also). As I remember it, long about Tuesday of each week I'd start looking into my "Doctor Cylon" file to see what was still in there for Friday's update. Even if I had nothing else, I could always count on something from him to offer the readers, and this went on for years until I actually had to build a whole new gallery for him! It therefore feels like old times to be making further additions to the Doctor Cylon Gallery, and given the quantity of material he's supplied me with since coming out of retirement we can look forward to seeing both new stuff and some updates to his older works for quite some time. It may be difficult for me to post much of his work in the next few months because I'm going to be so busy with other things, but rest assured we will be seeing most of it eventually.

Next Week: We take a look at the comic-book version of McLintock! 'Nuff said! :D
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

The first of your Susie-Q comic strips really hit home for me. I dated a girl in high school who had a really strict curfew and I was always sure to get her home on time. There was one time that she told me she had gotten permission to stay out later. That really didn't sound like her dad but I took her word for it. I got her home about 15 minutes before her extended curfew, walked around the car, opened the door for her and was all ready to walk her to the door as I always did. She said that I didn't need to do that since it was so late so I kissed her goodnight and watched her walk to the door. She stopped and waved at me and I got in the car. I saw her going in as I drove off. The next day when I went to see her, I was told she was grounded and I wasn't allowed in. It occurred to me later that grounding was a secondary punishment. Her dad basically had one punishment for such things, which was a paddling with a hair brush. He was most likely sitting just inside the door, holding the hairbrush, waiting for her. She no doubt knew that and knew that things would happen quickly and she didn't want me to walk her to the door because she was afraid I would hear her getting paddled. I wish I had though of that. I would have sneaked up there to listen :lol: . It's basically the same scenario as the comic strip except that she had it well planned in advance and she would never have admitted that her dad had promised to spank her 8-) . Anyway, this one brought back memories for me.

The second one also sounds right to me. I'm betting I knew lots of girls who talked to their friends on the phone standing up since their bottoms were too sore to sit down :lol: . I don't know if the reasons were the same but I'm betting most of the girls I went to high school with were smart enough not to get into this particular discussion with their dads.........although, you can never tell :lol: .

I liked the gag in the one where she is sliding down the banister and not wanting to be treated like a child :lol:

I didn't care much for the last one as I thought it was a bit implausible. However, I did like the idea of her being over a barrel :D :D .

Generally speaking, I too have some reservations of about some of the content of Hentai drawings. However, in this case, the young lady with no panties has a really spankable bottom :D The coloring is brilliant too, helping to make this a very arousing drawing 8-) . Considering the young lady's pose in this drawing, I have to wonder what the original intent was or what story, if any, it came from. Good updates this week :D . Thanks, Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

The Susie Q. Smith comic showing Susie and her boyfriend (I think this one is Caz although it could be Hungry Harris) returning home after her curfew from a rather formal event is from April 16, 1954. I enjoy this panel in particular, I like the way Susie is dressed and the casual way they dismiss, laughingly, her father's promise of a spanking if she is late again that night. We know from the April 4, 1957 spanking how "popsie" as he is often called delivers punishment - over the knees and with a hairbrush in hand. In fact his son's nickname is Hairbrush Harry, he is also sometimes referred to as junior. I too like the look of surprise on the young man's face. This must have been one heck of a spanking. Stars, radiating pain lines and even tears can be seen flying out of a downstairs window. She didn't get far before she was across her dad's lap. Most prominent is the word BAW!!!; the word is part of universal comic language. A cartoonist can't leave his readers guessing about what is taking place and one picture has to represent a whole lot of action. But all of the Walter's readers would know what BAW means. It means, someone is crying and in this case !!! crying hard. BAW is a descriptive word used in many a spanking scene going back into the 1920s. Thank you Overbarrel (Phil) for sharing the sweet story about your date having a similar experience. I have a large collection of newspaper advice columns that mention our favorite subject. Twice young men want advice after experiencing a scene - one witness and one hearing - of their date getting a spanking under like conditions to Susie's.

On August 21, 1953 We have the strip that involves Susie on the phone with her friend Legs O'Hare. Legs congratulates Susie on the fact that she called out her father over his considering Susie none to old to be taken over his knee for a spanking. But obviously this "discussion" did not end well for Susie Q. Smith. Jerry and Linda Walters showcase her charming rear as having been recently spanked, complete with stars and a whirl of pain lines. Mr. Smith doesn't like to be challenged over his right as a caring parent to spank his offspring. Three times she either laughs or mocks her dad's right to spank and three times she is walloped with a hairbrush.

Susie's slide down the bannister puts on display why her father doesn't consider her too old to go over his knees. Mom laughs it off but Susie had better mind her Ps and Qs or popsie will be reaching for the hairbrush. These various panels could almost form a single story. Susie tells dad children cannot be spanked - he spanks her. Legs gives Susie a call knowing she has challenged her dad on the subject of corporal punishment, having just been spanked (she's still wearing the same outfit as on 4/4/57). She explains to her BFF how her discussion turned out. Later dad tells Susie she had better not be late again or she will be over his knee; she slides down the bannister to complain to her mother. She is late and receives a very-hard spanking that can be heard across the neighborhood.
Phil I'm Glad you like the barrel gag (well at least the barrel, anyway). I thought of you right after seeing it. I love your work and I'm proud to share first names with you.
Nice presentation web-ed. I'm looking forward to the romantic spankings coming up starting with the iconic McClintock!
Phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! The Susie Spanking strip are GREAT! and her Father isn`t afraid to turn a grown misbehaving daughter over his knee for a spanking :D consider this was the norm in house hold during that time including wife spanking :twisted: the strip I like best is the one where is she late coming home from a date believing her father wasn`t going to punish her for breaking curfew :lol: boy was she wrong :lol: :lol: this scene reminds me of a drawing I saw In Nu West magazine way back only the young Woman knew her father was going to spank her as the boyfriend outside hears her crying from the spanking! the boy friend in Nu-WEST has the same shock look on his face :twisted: the other Susie spanking is nice as she talks to her friend on the phone standing up after a good spanking only wish she was rubbing her bottom! the last one was cute :lol: Father knows you not a child but that not going to stop him from spanking you :lol: :lol: Doctor Cylon never Spare the palm when it comes to disciplining naughty women only when he using a hairbrush :twisted: :lol: :lol: this is a Super drawing also notice that being this is a young school girl her skirt is covering her female part only showing her very red bottom! Big Thumb UP! 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 01/20/2017

Post by web-ed »

We're going to have to start using "last names" here to avoid confusion. So Phil (Overbarrel): great personal story :!: It was eerily similar to our example from Susie Q. Smith.

Phil (Sweetspot): Thanks for supplying the missing dates. I have added them to the page.

Butch: glad you liked the strips :) . I remember the Nu-West comic you're talking about, and have it in the files. It was called "Miss Hot Pants Gets Just That!" and you're right about it being extremely similar to the Susie Q. strip, down to the girl's curfew being at midnight and the boyfriend hearing her spanking through a window. Because of copyright restrictions (and Nu-West is in litigation right now) I'm not sure I can present it in toto, although we may see part of it when I finally reveal the real identity of the artist who drew it - something I've been promising to do for years. Hope I can get around to it while any of us are still young enough to care :roll: .
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

web-ed wrote:We're going to have to start using "last names" here to avoid confusion. So Phil (Overbarrel): great personal story It was eerily similar to our example from Susie Q. Smith.
Hi web-ed,

Indeed the stories are similar which is why I was struck by that first Susie-Q comic strip :o . Reading it caused me to have a flashback........a pleasant one, I might add :lol: . Thanks Phil O
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Sweetspot wrote:Thank you Overbarrel (Phil) for sharing the sweet story about your date having a similar experience. I have a large collection of newspaper advice columns that mention our favorite subject. Twice young men want advice after experiencing a scene - one witness and one hearing - of their date getting a spanking under like conditions to Susie's.
Hi Phil,

I'm glad you enjoyed the narrative of my experience. As I told web-ed, reading that strip caused me to have a flashback and I thought our members might like to know that similar things do happen in real life..........or at least they did back in my day 8-) .
Sweetspot wrote:Phil I'm Glad you like the barrel gag (well at least the barrel, anyway). I thought of you right after seeing it. I love your work and I'm proud to share first names with you.
That position the young lady was in seemed right up my alley somehow :lol: . Thanks for the compliment on my toons :D . Phil O
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 01/27/2017

Post by web-ed »

Already we've come to the last update for the first month of the New Year.

Everybody knows the movie McLintock! and its famous spanking scene. But there was a comic-book version of the film that has been unknown to spankos - until now. With some nice scans of this 1964 comic, we now have a ringside seat as G. W. McLintock applies an improvised paddle to Mrs. McLintock's buttocks with salutary effect.

It's too bad the second spanking scene from the movie didn't make it into the comic, but one is better than none! And the question now arises: were there any other movies with a spanking scene that were later presented in comics form? The truth is we don't know but we'll keep on looking.

Next Week: February is Romantic Spanking Month, and we begin the festivities with the tale of a young woman who needs discipline. And as part of a military family, gets it! Be here for "A Private Matter" :) !

There will be four updates during February, and they're all M/F spankings from Romance comics co-discovered by Bishop Berkley and myself (Robin may deserve some credit for these as well - I can't find the details in my notes - rats!). They're pretty good scenes also, next week's being unusual in that it's the spankee's father rather than the male romantic interest who administers the spanking.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!! Mclintock comic book spanking :twisted: didn`t know there was a comic book base on the movie :?: all I can say is THANKS GOODNESS the movie didn`t follow the comic :x first off the Spanking doesn`t seem as exciting as the movie! this one look so dark and brutal! G.W asking for a frying pan :twisted: in the movie he was going to use his hand until his future Son-in-law gives him the coal shovel :lol: also didn`t see Mrs. Mclintock`s bloomer shapely bottom! the comic did draw her very beautiful and I like her pain facial expression :D like I said G.W in this comic look so mean and cold as he slams the frying pan down hard on his wife bottom! don`t think this was played for laughs like in the movie! NICE spanking even though harsh in comic! :?: was Becky Mclintock`s spanking feature in this comic??????????????
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:HI WEB-ED CSR!! Mclintock comic book spanking :twisted: didn`t know there was a comic book base on the movie :?: all I can say is THANKS GOODNESS the movie didn`t follow the comic :x first off the Spanking doesn`t seem as exciting as the movie! this one look so dark and brutal! G.W asking for a frying pan :twisted: in the movie he was going to use his hand until his future Son-in-law gives him the coal shovel :lol: also didn`t see Mrs. Mclintock`s bloomer shapely bottom! the comic did draw her very beautiful and I like her pain facial expression :D like I said G.W in this comic look so mean and cold as he slams the frying pan down hard on his wife bottom! don`t think this was played for laughs like in the movie! NICE spanking even though harsh in comic! :?: was Becky Mclintock`s spanking feature in this comic??????????????
Certainly a cast-iron frying pan is too heavy a spanking implement, Butch, and I can only guess that the unknown writer who adapted the movie didn't know much about spanking and didn't have G.W. use the coal shovel because the first spanking (which introduced the implement) had been cut out of the story :( .

As to G. W. 's expression, that may be just Sekowsky's peculiar style. He actually was a fairly effective humor artist at DC because his work was so anatomically bizarre, but I think that even though the intention was to preserve the humor of the movie's spanking scene, Sekowsky's rather shorthand approach (it's hard to describe) may have worked against it.

In my files I have a panel of Dumb Bunny in spanking position (no actual spanking) that I will one day add to the "Superheroines in Spanking Position" feature I did a ways back, and as I recall the artist was also Mike Sekowsky.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

This update was a fascinating one. It hadn't ever occurred to me until you mentioned it that there was a comic book version. I'm with Butch in that I think the movie was much better than the comic book but this is still really interesting. The artist may have been great at drawing westerns but he probably isn't a spanker. As you mentioned there are 3 spanking panels, not to mention the 2 panels where she is OTK before the spanking. Of the 5 panels, only the first OTK panel has a view of her backside and that's poorly defined, just as if the artist thought it wasn't really important. No real spanker would have made a mistake like that. Perhaps he should have paid closer attention to the movie :lol: . The OTK position in this one panel is pretty odd too. Her bottom is positioned nicely but his legs are too far apart and it looks as if she's just lying there comfortably instead of being held there, struggling and kicking by G. W. I also agree with Butch that her expression during the spanking is an appropriate one but G. W. looks more like he's trying to beat a bear to death than administering a spanking :lol: . OK, this may not be the perfect depiction of the scene in the movie but the whole thing is fascinating and I really enjoyed the information you presented with it :D . I'll be looking forward to Romantic Spanking Month. Thanks, Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

I haven't had a lot of time to log on lately, but this time I had to comment! I had been aware of the comic book version of McLintock! before. I saw it at the bookstand of a local grocery store... but didn't buy it at the time... (@#$%!) Thank you so much for posting the relevant panels!
web-ed wrote:With some nice scans of this 1964 comic, we now have a ringside seat as G. W. McLintock applies an improvised paddle to Mrs. McLintock's buttocks with salutary effect.
The good news is that Katy got her much-needed spanking... but the bad news is that it wasn't nearly as much fun as it was in the movie.
web-ed wrote:No credits have ever been assigned for this comic as far as we know, and they will probably always remain uncertain. However, we can hazard a guess about the art: the pencilling looks a lot like Mike Sekowsky, who at this time had a very loose style without any real attempt at anatomical precision. He had worked on the comic-book version of Gunsmoke so he knew Westerns (besides having worked on them back in his Marvel days in the 50's), and is credited with doing Twilight Zone for Gold Key the year before McLintock, so everything would seem to fit. Sekowsky (if it is indeed he) always got the job done, but the loose style we referred to was never very erotic, and we never do get a very clear view of the target area in this spanking scene.
The artist may have been trying to tone down the eroticism of the original movie scene for the sake of a (presumably) juvenile comic-book audience. I can understand that... but I don't like it!

Another problem I have with the artist is that he didn't really make Katy, G.W., or Draco look like Maureen O'Hara, John Wayne, or Chill Wills. A lot of the appeal of the film centered around Maureen O'Hara: how well she portrayed the spank-worthy Katherine Gilhooley McLintock... and how sexy she looked in those 1890s-style undergarments! Most of that seemed to get lost in the comic drawings.

And a frying pan? The shovel in the movie was bad enough! But I suppose they had to tone down the eroticism another notch. The censors must've been watching them like hawks!

For all the criticism I might level at the original artwork... I'm still glad you let us see those panels, and gave us some historical perspective on the comic.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:Next Week: February is Romantic Spanking Month, and we begin the festivities with the tale of a young woman who needs discipline. And as part of a military family, gets it! Be here for "A Private Matter"!
It occurs to me that your McLintock! post this week makes a nice transition just before Romantic Spanking Month.

Even though some of the romance was lost in the comic version... it's still a tale of a married couple, who once loved each other very dearly, rekindling their passion with a spanking!

If the comic had included the other spanking from the movie, it would've been perfect! After all, it seems as if one of the most popular themes in spanking romance is the new, young, brash male employee versus the spoiled, haughty (and usually hottie too!) boss's daughter! Right?
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 01/20/2017

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:It occurs to me that your McLintock! post this week makes a nice transition just before Romantic Spanking Month.

Even though some of the romance was lost in the comic version... it's still a tale of a married couple, who once loved each other very dearly, rekindling their passion with a spanking!

If the comic had included the other spanking from the movie, it would've been perfect! After all, it seems as if one of the most popular themes in spanking romance is the new, young, brash male employee versus the spoiled, haughty (and usually hottie too!) boss's daughter! Right?
Right you are, b00m, and thanks for noticing! As we got into the New Year, I realized that, since I had forgotten to post McClintock! during all of 2016, I needed to do it in 2017, but Romantic Spanking Month was already set for February. My solution was, as you surmised, to use McClintock! as a transition. :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 02/03/2017

Post by web-ed »

I hope no one had trouble with the board this week - I tried twice to update it and failed. Eventually I realized that it's our web host's software that isn't quite modern enough to accommodate the latest version of the board, so I put everything back the way it was. I think we can manage with our current version for quite some time if we have to.

Next, the January Spanking Search Report:

Pages searched: 4410
Total: 561720
Comic Spankings: 11

With 11 comic spankings discovered (not counting Sweetspot's contributions), you'd think it was a good month - but not one of these things was M/F :x ! The gory details for those who care:

1. Peter the Little Pest #2 (Jan 1970 Marvel) – M/M, Father / Peter, Over the arm, hand. Reprinted from an uncertain issue of Melvin the Monster and an obvious rip-off of Dennis the Menace.
2. Polly and Her Pals (02/23/1937, King Features Syndicate) – M/M Polly’s father / her cousin, OTK, Hand – buys new safe that gets burglarized
3. Polly and Her Pals (12/04/1937, King Features Syndicate) – M/M Polly’s father / her cousin, OTK, Hand – pretends to be broadcasting on radio
4. Belles and Wedding Bells/And Then They Were Married (Sunday 10/17/1937, King Features, apparently sold along with Polly and Her Pals by Cliff Sterrett) – F/M Wife / Husband, OTK, violin (as paddle). Wife is apparently upset that husband doesn’t serenade her any more. Wordless strip.
5. Ben Webster’s Page (05/16/1937, J. Jerome Williams) - M/M Mr. Snoopie / Boy, OTK, Hairbrush – no reason given for the spanking.
6. Freckles and His Friends (04/25/1937, 07/25/1937, NEA Service) – M/M, Father / Freckles, OTK, Hand – Freckles refuses to carry wood; 2nd reason unclear
7. Startling Comics #17 (Oct. 1942, Pines) – F/M, Mother / Happy, OTK, Hand. From the Happy (formerly Happy and his Pappy) strip. Happy encounters many dangers, getting his clothes dirty, and is spanked by his mother when he gets home. Script and art by Kin Platt.
8. Captain Easy (03-28-1937) – M/M Ben Barton / Junior OTK Hand. Spoiled brat gets expelled from college.
9. Coo Coo Comics #29 (Sept. 1946, Pines?) – F/M Miss Tinklehoffer / Supermouse OTK Hand and ruler. She was his teacher in school (seen in flashback) and when he goes back, she spanks him again for being late. Really two spankings.

Write me if you want copies of any of these, which will go into the Data Base later today.

Peter the Little Pest was one of those I discovered by working through catalogs and then getting a copy of the actual book. I didn't have much hope for it, so in that sense I wasn't disappointed.

Captain Easy has given us several good M/F spankings so we can't complain too much about this one, but we still don't have to like it.

Polly and Her Pals - this is an old strip that may not be familiar to CSR readers, but thanks to Sweetspot, its name will come up again soon, and with a M/F spanking. :) He also found a M/F spanking in Freckles and his Friends (note the similarity to Polly and Her Pals), but unfortunately it takes place off-panel.

Happy and His Pappy: I only mention this one because it was the work of Kin Platt. Strangely, I never knew that Platt wrote comics, or that he could draw. I always thought of him as an author of books for young people. I got a copy of his book The Blue Man through scholastic books when I was still in grade school. A quick check reveals he also created the Supermouse character who appeared in Coo Coo Comics #29 referenced above. (Platt died in 2003.)

O.K., time to begin another Romantic Spanking Month! I've got four very nice, never-before-seen spankings from romance comics I discovered last year (with some help from Bishop Berkely and Robin, and I hope I haven't left anyone out). One of these was made the hard way, with an actual copy of the book in question, while the other three were found by going through hundreds of scanned pages.

The one we have this week, "A Private Affair" from Heart Throbs #4 is the least of the four, the spanking being given by the girl's father, but it's by no means a bad scene and certainly well-deserved! And it goes up from here.

Next Week: Romantic Spanking Month continues with a high-spirited filly who runs across the hombre who can tame her in the western saga "I Met My Master". And expect some surprises when we start digging into the history of this story :) .
-- Web-Ed