Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
hugob00m

Re: Spanked in Space

Post by hugob00m »

I've seen that Legend of the Stargrazers cover elsewhere before, and don't know anything about it (other than the spankee looks really cute with her skintight leggings and her little pouty face)
web-ed wrote: it belonged to Julie Green
At last! Someone has identified the girl in the picture! Do you know anything else? Like, for instance, who's the man? Why is he wearing an outfit that looks like surgical scrubs? And, most important... what naughty thing did Julie do to earn a spanking on the bridge of a spaceship?
jimc

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by jimc »

This a strange spanking story the cover showed the spanking and everybody thought it would be explained better in the story, but somehow all I got from the story was she was in her nightgown and thinking of a spanking he had given her and it never went into specifics about why she had been spanked or why she wanted another one. Though to tell the truth I think it was one of the better spanking scenes in comic books although I would have loved to have seen her spanked in that sheer nightie otk. Have a great day.
JIm
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Spanked in Space

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:I've seen that Legend of the Stargrazers cover elsewhere before, and don't know anything about it (other than the spankee looks really cute with her skintight leggings and her little pouty face)
web-ed wrote: it belonged to Julie Green
At last! Someone has identified the girl in the picture! Do you know anything else? Like, for instance, who's the man? Why is he wearing an outfit that looks like surgical scrubs? And, most important... what naughty thing did Julie do to earn a spanking on the bridge of a spaceship?
jimc wrote:This a strange spanking story the cover showed the spanking and everybody thought it would be explained better in the story, but somehow all I got from the story was she was in her nightgown and thinking of a spanking he had given her and it never went into specifics about why she had been spanked or why she wanted another one. Though to tell the truth I think it was one of the better spanking scenes in comic books although I would have loved to have seen her spanked in that sheer nightie otk.
Need you ask, b00m? Of course I have all the answers! :lol: The truth is that Legends of the Stargrazers was not a particularly well-written comic, so even after reading it you don't know much more than what was on the cover. That's why JimC couldn't get much out of the story. Speaking of the cover: that was a wrap-around cover, and on the "back" we see several women basically laughing at Julie's predicament as she gets turned over David's knee. This was one of the first pages I posted on the then-new CSR back in 2004, and at that time my scanner was the kind that you rolled the paper through :lol: . I doubt there are any of those left even in museums at this point, but since I couldn't roll my copy of the issue through there I took a picture of it with an early-model digital camera. It didn't occur to me to do the same with the back cover and then paste the two of them together, which is something that should be done.

I've been meaning for a long time to go back and re-do the page, just as I've been updating old pages since the beginning of November. We need new scans and some more explanation (I do have a little more on a separate page on which I posted the spanking scene from the interior of that comic). Now for the bad part: I can't find the fershlugginer book!

You see, I've packed up all my comics (about 3000 of them) without having time to re-sort them, anticipating I would do that after a future move. I don't know where that Legends of the Stargrazers comic is right now, or even that issue of Teen Comics I was supposed to be using for this week's update (which is a real pity because I've got some information in there I need to post in the Grand Comics Data Base). I hate to start pulling the boxes off the shelves right now, but I'll at least take a quick look. If I can't find them easily, looks like we'll all have to wait once again until I get around to it in the future - if we all live that long. :roll:

Oh yes, I almost forgot: about Julie's spanking, that scene actually took place in her mind, such as it is (she's the stereotypical blonde airhead), although as I remember it someone else actually does raise the possibility in casual conversation that David will spank her, and Julie says something about David enjoying that a little too much, indicating that she's no stranger to being taken over his lap! As I say, we'll see more of this story once I find the comic and update the two pages. In the meantime, if you follow the link above you'll see the spanking scene inside and Funbun's revision with (of course) Julie's bottom getting bared :D .
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Leila's bum really started something didn't it?
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Leila's bum really started something didn't it?
It sure did! That says a lot either for us CSR regulars or for the quality of said bum :lol: .
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/04/2015

Post by web-ed »

• I couldn't make out the signature on last week's Thanksgiving Exchange Spanking, but Charlie did - it was Stephanie Burke. That page is now updated. Thanks, Charlie!
  • Christmas time is here already, so I trotted out our annual site decorations. Take a look and revisit some of your old favorites! I've got a few new Christmas spankings for our Christmas Day update, only three weeks away!
  • It's been a wild week of comics searching as I couldn't find either Teen Comics #25 or Legends of the Stargrazers #6, the former for this week's update and the latter for the questions that have come up about it on the CSR Forum. The problem is that I recently packed all my comics away and now I'm not sure where some titles are. But while looking I managed to find Marvel Two-In-One #62, so this week we'll see some upgraded scans of the famous Thing/Moondragon spanking.
Something I should mention is that while I've been able to muster only one update per week, and those are of existing pages instead of being new items, our Resident Artists have been busy lately and taken up some of the slack (thanks, guys!). So head on over to the Resident Artists Forum and see what Dan, Phil, and B00m have been up to - you'll be glad you did :) .

This week's update: Marvel's only known spanking during the entire decade of the 1980's is this one, in which The Thing Spanks Moondragon. Let's revisit it now with some new scans.

As mentioned, I had planned to revisit the Hedy Wolfe spanking in Teen Comics #25 but couldn't find the comic. I actually had already made some new scans, but I needed some vital information from the indicia that I hadn't taken any notes on, so I decided to postpone that update. Then we had a lively discussion on Legends of the Stargrazers #6, but I couldn't find it either :( . But while searching for it, I found the Thing/Moondragon spanking so I decided to update that page instead.

Anyway, I hope nobody thinks I'm just "phoning it in" at this point. Yes, one reason I'm updating existing pages is because that's generally easier than creating new ones is that I'm under tremendous pressure from many other demands on my time, including the technical side of keeping this site and board up and running and the always-ongoing searches for new spanking material. But at this time of year I wouldn't want to be revealing some groundbreaking new material anyway, because some CSR readers are going to be too busy to keep up until January. And I will always do the best I can with whatever material I have, even if it's only an update of an existing page - and these should not be discounted as I often have some new information that's interesting and/or some new scans that are fun to look at.

And speaking of those ongoing searches, I completely forgot about the November Spanking Search Report, so let's have it:

Pages searched: 4248
Total: 520403
Comic Spankings: 0

Yes, it was a big goose egg last month, despite searching over 4000 pages, many of which were romance comics - certainly a disappointment since 4000 pages could fairly be expected to reveal at least one M/F spanking. However, there is a bright side - the ongoing Humorama Search. There, much to my surprise, I found not one but two new spankings from the "classic" period of 1955-60, one by George Morrice and the other by Bill Ward! The Ward one is most peculiar, utilizing a very strange implement in the over-the-shoulder position, but there's no doubt that a spanking is taking place. The Morrice one is more conventional but does have the valuable OTK position. Are there any more from that period? Well, I doubt it, but the search will continue.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

thanks to you and Charlie for the update on the name of the artist who drew last week's thanksgiving exchange pic :D . you seem to have an interesting dilemma going on with your comics all packed away. all i can tell you is, been there done that. if i pack something away, i will need it right away no matter how long it's been sitting around in my way previously :lol: . then there's the part where i put something somewhere so i'll know where it is and then can't find it again :lol: . anyway, good luck finding what you want.

0 comic spankings in November........at least it can't get any worse. good job on the Humorama finds though ;) .

thanks for providing us some of the story surrounding the Thing spanks Moondragon spanking . it's always nice to know what's behind a spanking:D . thanks too for the statistics you provided about superhero/superheroine spankings and this being the only one to take place in the 80s in Marvel. i enjoy learning this stuff almost as much as looking at the pics themselves 8-) . i too would like to have seen a rounder bottom on this spankee but i'm not complaining. at least the OTK position is good and Thing isn't using the wrong hand to spank with :lol: . good update :D . thanks, phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

overbarrel49 wrote: thanks for providing us some of the story surrounding the Thing spanks Moondragon spanking . it's always nice to know what's behind a spanking:D . thanks too for the statistics you provided about superhero/superheroine spankings and this being the only one to take place in the 80s in Marvel. i enjoy learning this stuff almost as much as looking at the pics themselves 8-) . i too would like to have seen a rounder bottom on this spankee but i'm not complaining. at least the OTK position is good and Thing isn't using the wrong hand to spank with :lol: . good update :D
Yeah! I agree that it's nice to see some of the story that led up to the Thing/Moondragon spanking.

AND... thanks for the explanation of the Legend of the Stargrazers spanking too.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! Thanks for the info on the Thing spanking MoonDragon Wow this happen in the 80`s 8-) :twisted: I can see why the pc police didn`t approve :lol: they rather seen him punch her through a wall or something :lol: :twisted: anyway the over the knee is Great and I wish Moondragon bottom was more rounder :D like her facial expression pain and who can blame her being spanked by stone hands OUCH!!`` Wonder why this spanking wasn`t edit like the invisible girl spanking earlier :?: :?: :?: :?: there should have been more spanking in Marvel comic like in Iron Man X-men The Punisher and Captain America Love seeing Spanking in comics 8-)
web-ed
Site Admin

A Tale of Two Spankings and Why Only One Was Censored

Post by web-ed »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! Thanks for the info on the Thing spanking MoonDragon Wow this happen in the 80`s 8-) :twisted: I can see why the pc police didn`t approve :lol: they rather seen him punch her through a wall or something :lol: :twisted: anyway the over the knee is Great and I wish Moondragon bottom was more rounder :D like her facial expression pain and who can blame her being spanked by stone hands OUCH!!`` Wonder why this spanking wasn`t edit like the invisible girl spanking earlier :?: :?: :?: :?: there should have been more spanking in Marvel comic like in Iron Man X-men The Punisher and Captain America Love seeing Spanking in comics 8-)
The Invisible Girl's spanking happened 15 years earlier, in 1965. The significance? Mrs. Guy Percy Truelock was still Comics Code Administrator then. I believe that she and her staff really came down hard on what they thought of as "erotic spanking" - during her 10-year tenure, there was only one known M/F non-robot, non-parental spanking (in Career Girl Romances #45). That is a truly terrible record. I make the case in full in my article The Effects of the Comics Code on Spanking Part 3. Once she departed and Leonard Darvin assumed the post, the number of spankings in comics increased dramatically, although Marvel still lagged behind. (See the Comics Spanking Tote Board at the bottom of the Comics Spanking Data Base for the latest tallies by publisher, including a prominently-featured Marvel vs. DC section).

I know we all agree with you, Butch, that there should have been more M/F spankings in Marvel from heroes like Captain America, Iron Man (although he should take his metal glove off first! :lol: ), and of course The Punisher (a seeming natural). My best guess is that the PC police took over there in very short order, for as a mentioned the Thing/Moondragon spanking was greeted by some criticism from readers in the letters pages months later (I was watching like a hawk at the time :) ).
I don't believe that Darvin was hostile to spanking although anything too sexually suggestive was still a problem (see Part 4 of my article). And it was during the 80's that comics began direct distribution as an alternative method of getting their books to the readers; newsstand books had to be Code-approved but in theory direct distribution did not).
PC writers like Chris Claremont on X-Men simply could never have conceived of depicting a M/F spanking (Claremont often used to question artist John Byrne: "Is there any reason this character couldn't be a woman?").

The Comics Code has been gone for almost 5 years now - it will not be missed.
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

Hi, web-ed, Sorry that there were no new comic finds, but it does sound like you have found some treasures even at that. I look forward to seeing them. Ihope you find the issues you are looking for, but as what usually happens when you are looking for one in your collection another will pop out at you that you have not seen in a while and forgot about it's existence or you now have the time to update that page instead. I love all of them. Thanks and have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 12/11/2015

Post by web-ed »

I know everyone is very busy at this time of the year, and so am I, so let's get right to this week's update:

The spoiled heiress/princess/socialite who needs a comeuppance spanking is always an enjoyable theme for a spanking, and this time we have new scans of Little Al of the Secret Service spanking a very spoiled heiress.

Next Week: We revisit perhaps the most-reprinted comic-strip spanking, Smilin' Jack spanks Joy Beaverduck #1, with new scans from the first reprint of this Zack Mosley classic. :)
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Little Al as we have seen him before. Probably wishing her Mum and Dad would go for a walk so he could lower the spoiled heiress's knickers and spank her properly. 8-)
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

it's interesting to see the cover of the comic book where this story takes place. i personally think they would have sold more if they had shown her spanking on the cover...........especially if she was bare bottomed :lol: . still the artwork is very nice and the position he's holding her in has a certain suggestive quality to it. as you commented, "Was there ever a spoiled heiress who deserved a good spanking more? " :D i love it that there is more than one spanking panel which allows us to see the spoiled, naughty young lady go from snotty to sorry :lol: . this all seems to be quite well done to me. it's a good story line with a great reason for a spanking which actually takes place. as you mentioned, good OTK position and i love the way she's struggling with her arms waving around :D . good update :D . thanks, phil
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 12/11/2015

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:The spoiled heiress/princess/socialite who needs a comeuppance spanking is always an enjoyable theme for a spanking, and this time we have new scans of Little Al of the Secret Service spanking a very spoiled heiress.
Yes! Those extra panels that show more of the story are nice to see. I sort of had an idea why the girl needed a spanking from Little Al, but now we can see more clearly! And I love that cover! I wish the artist who painted the cover had done his rendition of the spanking scene too! Thanks for finding this extra stuff!
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! one of the best spanking in comic ever 8-) 8-) Little Al sure knows how to dish out a good spanking to a Spoiled brat!!! don`t think I would like seeing the spanking on the cover it would ruin the plot! it would be like already knowing what you got for Christmas what excitement is that :x speaking of the cover why is the woman blonde :?: :?: :?: :?: :twisted: anyway the otk is SUPER!! love her reaction and screams for help from Mama :lol: :lol: Feel like Little Al was the right person to give her a spanking instead of daddy! she is a woman :twisted: Spiritwork did a wonderful job adding to the excitement by having Little AL throwing her over his shoulder before carrying her under his arm into the house :lol: if only today`s comic would feature spanking like this ! GREAT GREAT!! spanking! 8-) 8-) 8-)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed. Great update this week!

I always like it when you find enough of the story to put the spanking in it's context. (Actually, I'd say a spanking was pretty lenient for what she did!)

Zack Mosley's drawing style is sort of baffling. Joy is very well-drawn and very pretty. The dress she's wearing looks like something thin and filmy. Mmmm! And when he turns her over his knee, her bottom looks nice and rouynd and very spankable... but then we get to Jack's position... Huh? Is he supposed to be sitting or is he standing with his knees slightly bent?

Well, anyway... thanks for finding that extra page of the comic that helps to explain the plot of the story, and the better resolution scan of the page you already had.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i guess i must have missed your original post on this so i found the history you presented to be very fascinating :D . i never knew comic books were given away by Omar bread. the new scans that you posted this time are really cool and give us much of the story, which is always a great thing. we do love to know the story that leads up to the spanking 8-) . i agree with Boom that the spankee is well drawn and the OTK position is good. i also have to wonder just what the artist had in mind with his position though. i guess he couldn't figure anything that might be lying around on the beach for Jack to sit on for this spanking. Jack must be a lot stronger than i am to maintain such a position at all, let alone while giving a spanking :lol: . good update :D . thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!! GREAT to see Doc Cylon again 8-) WOW that woman really have a very nice spankable bottom :D although the otk in 8-) Smilin Jack Spanks Joy Beaverduck :lol: is kinda off it still a Great Spanking 8-) love the build up leading to her comeuppance she risk the life of everybody on that plane!! also I too think Jack shouldn`t have said beat maybe spanked or paddle would be much better :lol: the girls witnessing Miss beaverduck`s spanking is enjoying it except the last girl getting off the plane she miss all the action :lol: if only Smilin Jack had a rock or log to sat on :lol: GREAT SPANKING FROM COMIC 8-) 8-)
jimc

Post by jimc »

Yes, Almost all of the spankings in Smilin' Jack did seem to defy physics as the women were held over the knee with no visible support (chair, log, rock, etc.) and I thought the spankees were really great as far as their clothing went. I love the return of Doc Cylon as well. I like the reposting as it does reconnect us with much of the past. I truly do enjoy all of the Christmas ones and remember many of them. Have a great day.
Jim