Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/06/2011

Post by web-ed »

For links please visit the Home Page.
  • Updated Bill Wenzel Military Discipline with a new version by Oxken.
  • New scan of Bill Ward's lady spanking her maid for flirting with the chauffeur.
  • More of Ward as Doctor Cylon colors Ward Spanks Hard.
  • Paula Meadows series - a Teacher Tawsed.
  • Humorama series - Bill Ward provides our 20th secretary spanking, and this time it's the boss's wife who does the honors!
  • Superhero Spankings - finally, Hawkeye turns The Scarlet Witch OTK! Two versions from the artist Yatz, and no Marvel heroine ever deserved it more!
Nor have I been idle in other ways: although the Great Golden Age Search is officially over, I'm still looking for GA spankings, and searched about 5000 comic pages during the month of April. That's a far cry from the 1000 pages per day(!) I was doing during the GGAS, but it's something. The Search for the Holy Grail continues also, at a very slow pace since I have to wait for low-cost copies of the relevant Superman Family books to turn up, then search them by hand, but forward progress at however slow a pace is better than no progress at all.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 05/06/2011

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:[*]Humorama series - Bill Ward provides our 20th secretary spanking, and this time it's the boss's wife who does the honors!
Even though Bill Ward isn't my favorite Humorama artist, and I'm not a big fan of F/F drawings, I like this one, because I can imagine the husband/boss coming into the room while this is going on. ;) Perhaps, if he did, the wife would soon find herself turned over his knee, :oops: while the secretary, still rubbing her tender bottom, would get to watch! :lol:
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

in the military discipline one the general looks a bit stiff. i do like the nice dresses he always has the spankee in though although it would be nicer with them pulled up :lol: . i like the maid spanking. you mentioned the spankee's expression but i liked the spanker's expression better. she has a smile on her face and appears to me to be looking at her victim's bottom rather lovingly. i liked your comments about the positioning and the body line. these updates are getting me educated about spanking comics..................or perhaps i should have said, web-ed-ucated :D . i guess i didn't like the doc cylon one. for one thing. the spanker's arm is behind her bottom from our vantage point so i'm not sure just how he expects to actually land a spank. in the background the girl's breasts are grotesquely large . paula's pic i found arousing even though i'm not usually a fan of tawsing and such. she just draws so well it's hard not to like them. from the expression on the spankee's face i think your comments are right on the money. i like the girls looking through the window too. i have a favorite paula pic i would like to post here but wasn't sure just which forum to post it in. i'd appreciate it if you would let me know about that. i like the idea of the secretary spanking better than i like the pic i think..............LOL. you're right. there is a perspective problem. as for hawkeye and wanda..............i like the second one much better. our boy hawkeye is really enjoying it. thanks for posting all this. i really enjoy it. phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates 05/06/2011

Post by web-ed »

Phil,

"Web-educated" - I like that! Honestly, I'm more comfortable as a literary critic than an art critic, but I do my best and it's good to know my efforts are appreciated.

I agree with your comments about the "Ward Spanks Hard" cartoon that Doctor Cylon enhanced. The good doctor doesn't alter the line drawings, and the flaws you mentioned were part of the original. Ward did draw "grotesquely large" breasts in his later years, but in his early days he was one of comics' premiere glamor-girl artists and he must have drawn more Humorama cartoons than anyone else.

We have another Paula drawing with the tawse slated for next week - two of them, in fact. If you'd like to post one of her drawings, I'd suggest the Spanking In Media forum.

b00m,

It may interest you to know that Bill Ward did a secretary spanking cartoon in which the boss spanks her for letting his wife find out about them. Not exactly the Boss Spanks Wife scenario you recommended, nor exactly a follow-up to this week's entry, but still worth seeing and we will sometime in the next few weeks. I'm not a big fan of F/F either, but Ward alone among the Big Five did a large number of them, and I might choose to get them out of the way before getting to the M/F stuff, or perhaps I should mix them up more - I haven't decided yet.
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Another good week. Looks like to me the wife spanking the secretary has an even more spankable bottom than the spankee! Love to imagine a paddle descending on that tightly packed butt of hers in that satin dress,
The Scarlet Witch spankings were superb. So agree with what you said about Marvel heroines that needed spanking. I would though add the Valkyrie and the Black Widow to the list, the Widow for her costume alone. And a more thorough spanking than the one-smacker Daredevil gave her.
Dave Wolfe

Post by Dave Wolfe »

Thought I'd pop over (Mmmm, popovers) and see what was shaking, and found, as Howard Carter said first entering King Tut's tomb, "Wonderful things!"

The Phantom post was perfect, including your find of a panel or two I'd never seen before! The Ghost Who Spanks was really busy with that in the 40's and 50's! Has his son inherited the mantle by now? If so, he should continue ALL the traditions!

Also on view, spankin' new mens' mag cartoons! You have quiet a collection, Web-Ed, hearty congratulations and many thanks for sharing!

Not to be a downer, but I'm pretty sure Supergirl was never spanked in the official DC comics, save the Linda Lee robot in the "Imaginary" Lois Lane tale. (I always loved those "Imaginary" Superman stories! The most famous one, I suppose, is the one in which Lex Luthor kills Superman!) Of course, I've been wrong before, and you'll have a grand time looking through the old comics, anyway!

Thanks again!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 05/06/2011

Post by web-ed »

You're most welcome, Dave, and I'm glad you liked the recent offerings - it makes all the effort (which is considerable) worthwhile. I'm going to have to pick up the pace with the Humorama Series, going to two per week starting May 20. I know how you feel about spankings featuring the Archie gang, so you'll be happy to hear I'm doing a series of three of them, also beginning on May 20.

When I was young, I used to be fascinated with DC's "imaginary stories" which you mentioned. But as I grew older, I begin to realize how dark most of them were and how twisted some of DC's creative personnel must have been. Referring to Crisis on Infinite Earths in my essay "What Happened to DC Spanking During the Bronze Age?" I wrote that Crisis "revisited and indeed amplified DC’s disturbing SA [Silver Age] tendency toward a kind of morbid sadism (think of all the deaths that occurred in their 'imaginary stories' – even Superman himself in 1961)."

I could have cited other examples as well, for instance "The Three Wives of Superman" in which as I'm sure you remember Supes marries Lois, Lana, and Lori in turn, only to become a widower each time. There was something very wrong with "imaginary stories" like that, but I suppose I've said enough about them on this occasion.
"The Three Wives of Superman" in Lois Lane #51
"The Three Wives of Superman" in Lois Lane #51
lois_lane_no_51_cover.jpg (65.64 KiB) Viewed 9905 times
Now on to a happier note, the Supergirl spanking question: you're not being a downer, since I agree with you (and JimC, and John Feer) that Supergirl was never spanked in the official comics. My reason for pursuing this Holy Grail of Superhero Spanking isn't to prove it exists, but to establish once and for all that it doesn't and put the rumors to rest. You'll notice that when President Obama finally released his birth certificate recently, almost everyone who doubted that he was born in Hawaii was finally convinced. Similarly, once I have personally gone over all 200 of Supergirl's Silver Age appearances, this question can finally be put to rest and we can go on to drawing more Supergirl spankings (that's your part) and commissioning more of the same (that's my part, if the economy ever recovers).

By the way, I'm sure you noticed that Supergirl had a few things to say about us personally. For anyone who missed it, here again is her reaction when I instructed her to assume the position:
Last edited by web-ed on Fri May 13, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add Lois Lane #51 cover image.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/13/2011

Post by web-ed »

• Added a new scan of Bill Ward's lady spanking her maid for flirting with the chauffeur.
  • Doctor Cylon colors another Ward piece, Spanking Encore.
  • Our series on Paula Meadows continues with a young woman receiving the three-tailed tawse.
  • More from Paula: Phil posted this scene from the spanker's viewpoint. Interestingly, it looks like it's Paula herself over his knee...
  • Humorama series continues with more F/F spanking by Bill Ward. This time he presents us with two well-reared girls.
  • See a Sea Beauty spanked as Marvel superheroine spankings concludes with a Golden Age pairing: Miss America turns Namora OTK!
  • Video Extra: Bat Masterson masters a bad girl by turning her OTK!
I'm catching up on some Golden Age stuff, but I've only found one F/M spanking, and that from the terrible Ozark Ike strip :( . I'd always held out some hope that since it was a blatant rip-off of Li'l Abner, it might imitate some of Abner's spankings, preferably with Ike's girlfriend Dinah as the spankee. But instead it's Dinah's cousin Sagebrush Sal who gives the OTK treatment to some boy. Still, I've got three M/F scenes in the hopper, so when I find one more we can have another series. [05/13 update: I found a new GA spanking scene today, so we will have that series, and let's hope soon.]

The Search for the Holy Grail continues also. Knowing that King Arthur's knights never did find the original Grail, I don't expect to find mine either (Superman spanking Supergirl in an actual DC comic book). But it's one of the vital questions of the modern age, and I'd like to settle it once and for all, even if I have to wade through a bunch of rotten issues of Jimmy Olsen in order to do it. I'm close now to completing the most important part of the search, Supergirl's run in Action Comics. Stay tuned for further reports.
Last edited by web-ed on Fri May 13, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Announce new GA spanking!
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

more good stuff in this week's update :D . i was looking at the ward lady spanking her maid and it's interesting just how much difference the scanning technique makes in the appearance of the pic. thank for posting the new one. in the spanking encore...............i have to say that this young lady isn't in the best position to be asking a question like that..............for the reasons you put forth.................LOL. i just happen to have the 2 pics you posted by paula in my collection and i too assumed that they were companion pieces or perhaps part of a series although i don't remember ever having seen a series by paula................too bad too. as you noted, you can't see her expression nearly as well in the second one but i could see it well enough to see that it has changed a lot since the first one :D. i think the spanking must have just started in the first one. i love the "2 well reared girls" gag. the double meaning pleases me :D . the one getting the spanking certainly falls into that category. her expression seems to be one of surprise at this time but the way she's kicking i have a hunch that will change quickly...........LOL. i am unfamiliar with miss america or namura but i agree that it would have been a better pic is she had been seated on something higher. good pic anyway though. i saw the bat masterson clip on chross. too bad the camera wasn't a little lower so we could see the spanks landing. too bad too that it wasn't a little longer as you noted. i did enjoy the build up to the spanking though. thanks for posting all this stuff. i enjoyed it. phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

hi web-ed, i do love Ward's otk the expressions, the bottoms of the spankees and all the rest. Like phil it is amazing what you see when you see two different scans of the same work. I thought the spanking of Namora was intresting. (On a side note several years ago there was an artist called Indiava and she made a super-heroine spanking theme and Scarlett Witch was spanked by Hawkeye in that one as well.) Paula's art is always a pleasure to see and as always your commentary about all you have posted is fabulous. The BAT MASTERSON video is a great find and i look forward to IN THE NAVY (both of these were among my favorites when i saw them for the first time years ago). So thanks again web-ed for the great work and finds. Revisiting does seem to be more satisfying the second time around sometimes. Now your next data base can show the charactors (Supergirl, Legionaires, Lois Lane, Lana Lang etc in spankable positions and someone just need to put a spanker under them) and we are all set for commisions on spankables and maybe that might draw some new intrest. have a great day
Jim
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

That artist indiava sounds interesting. Anymore info on her work, a link or something? Always on lookout for superheroine spanking material.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 05/13/2011

Post by web-ed »

Phil: glad you liked this week's updates. Stay with me - I've got lots more still in the hopper!

Jim:

On spankable positions: our buddy Dave Wolfe started a topic dealing with this subject over on the SpankingPanels.com forum, to which I contributed a few of Supergirl and Dumb Bunny. Probably because it was available there, I didn't feel the need to start a similar topic over here on this forum as well, although I did that one of Lois Lane recently for the "Spanking Letters" page, and I have certainly included some spankable poses in the "Missed Opportunities" topic and even created a regular webpage full of Skygirl repeatedly and gratuitously bending over. I probably have a few more I've never posted anywhere - in fact, I have one of Dumb Bunny from the Inferior Five's 3rd appearance in Showcase that I've never even scanned. And by a strange coincidence I did a spankable Supergirl pose only three days ago! :) I used it to create a Superman spanks Supergirl fake, which I was thinking about adding to the Supergirl Spanking Search page even though it's not very good because I have no artistic talent (I'm a writer, not an artist) and instead of a cool tool like Photoshop all I have is Microsoft Paint! Here's the Supergirl pose by itself (and credit Dave Wolfe for giving me the idea to use Super-Team Family #11, which both of us have in our respective collections):
Supergirl in spanking position.
Supergirl in spanking position.
supergirl_st11_rev_height300_for_bb.jpg (112.58 KiB) Viewed 9458 times

So maybe I should follow JimC's suggestion and create a special page (technically it won't have to be a data base) filled with every spankably-posed superheroine I can find. It could be another Special Feature in Comics Gallery 1.
I think I'd rather someone else do the fakes, though - I'm just not very good at them. Here's one done by someone else, maybe Texas Jim (not JimC):
Supergirl gets spanked, still wearing her Linda Danvers wig.
Supergirl gets spanked, still wearing her Linda Danvers wig.
i_love_you_in_the_same_old_way_09.JPG (100.8 KiB) Viewed 9458 times
I do have some Supergirl spankings (not from the comics, alas), and some lesser-seen ones with Superman as spanker, plus more ridiculous Super-Tot stuff (including Bizarro Jr.!). I should probably try to get them all done this summer (Super-Spanking Summer?).

On Commissions: boy, would I love to be able to commission some new superheroine spanking stuff! Many ideas have been offered on this forum, and of course I have some of my own, and I've collected them all together in a single Word document, but the problem right now is MONEY. I've pretty much drained my feeble resources obtaining spanking comics once I figured out which issues they were (I've gotten three this year for only $1 each, at least) and cheap "Superman Family" issues for the Search for the Holy Grail. If I can ever afford to, I will certainly resume commissioning new super-spankings!

Now, for Tanner:

Invidia is an artist who used to have a blog called "The Collar Purple". She actually did a "Superhero Spanking Month" in June of 2005 (six years ago already!). Unfortunately, I only saved two of her spankings, Batman Spanks Harley Quinn and Batman Spanks Catwoman (with Bat-Paddle!) which I posted last year. I just checked, and the rest, including The Scarlet Witch, are not in my archives. Some of her work is still available because it was re-posted by other blogs and sites (like CSR) that are still around, but offhand I don't have a source for her other Superhero stuff.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i used to visit the collar purple and also the site where invidia kept her spanking pics for storage. i emailed with her for a while and she actually did a pic for me that she titled "overbarrel. i was just checking my folder and i have several pics featuring super heros. one called "batgirl whipped" which appears to be the joker spanking bat girl, ''''batman spanking" is an animation of batman spanking poison ivy, "batspanking" with batman spanking harley quinn, "catwoman spanked" with batman spanking catwoman bent over a couch, "harley quinn spanked" which just shows her bent over after being spanked by batman with poison ivy giggling, "hulk spanking" which just show hulk carrying off a girl with a freshly spanked bottom, "poison ivy spanked" which shows harley quinn giggling at poison ivy's red bottom, "supergirl spanking" which shows lex luthor spanking supergirl with a paddle that appears to be made of green kryptonite and "superspanking" which shows superman spanking wonder woman. there is also a more cartoony hero she calls superguy in a 6 panel toon that ends in a spanking. i'd be happy to post these when i get a chance. just let me know where you want them posted. phil
jimc

Post by jimc »

hi web-ed, Great info on the spankables (the fake is indeed from Texas Jim) and others may want to visit his Yahoo site (Theatre_ group) for some other great fakes and indeded a lot of super-heroine spanking that may be out there, There were several collar purple out there and i think Spank boss over at Spanking blog may have some info about the Collar Purple collection, but as web-ed says it was over 5 years ago and may have trouble finding any. Have a great day.
Jim
Dave Wolfe

Post by Dave Wolfe »

Whoops, looks like I left too soon and didn't get back soon enough! Thanks for the Supergirl Shout-out, Web-Ed, that's freakin' hilarious! :D I'll have to get back over to Spanking Panels, too, I bet there's all kinds of goodies there now I've been missing!!

Isn't that "OTK" pose perfect? I also love the Farah Fawcett hairdo they have Kara sporting in that story!

I just paid tribute to Adam Hughes over at the WolfieBlog-- http://wolfietoons.blogspot.com/2011/05 ... es_13.html You will know he did that "Legends of the Stargrazers" spanking cover, a huge batch of Wonder Woman covers, and some of the finest and most-- entertaining-- superheroine pinup paintings ever!

Thanks for featuring the "Bat Masterson" ending this week! I could wish the dude hadn't started singing the theme song over those satisfying smacks, but c'est la vie!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Great update, as usual. My favorite this time was the Bat Masterson TV clip. Although the Miss Welles was not actually shown getting an extended spanking, the fadeout and closing theme clearly imply that the character got a lot more swats on the backside than we saw the actress get.

I know that for some spanking enthusiasts, an implied spanking is not a spanking at all, since the actress playing the role isn't shown getting the full treatment. I don't always agree, although I admit I would rather see the whole thing portrayed on screen... like the spanking Yvonne Decarlo got in Frontier Gal, or the one June Haver got in Look for the Silver Lining, or recently, the one Mary Louise Parker got in Weeds. And. of course, even though part of the spanking was "off screen", Maureen O'Hara was clearly shown getting six solid smacks on her thinly-clad bottom in McLintock! However, there are a few times when a spanking that was given to the character but not the actress who played that character is well worth the time to watch the show.

In Forsaking All Others, it is a real shame that Clark Gable didn't actually land any well-deserved swats on Joan Crawford's tight-skirted behind... but on the upside... there were a couple of references the the hairbrush later in the movie, including the conclusion, in which he is tapped on the shoulder and turns to see that she's holding it out to him... apparently an invitation to use it again!

And then there's the "fake" spanking in an old episode of Topper. Again, Robert Sterling's hand is not shown making contact with Anne Jeffreys's lovely backside, but it's still fun to see her pulled into position across his lap. Unfortunately, the camera pans to the audience's left, where all we see are Ms. Jeffrey's fluttering legs. However, later in the episode, there was a funny reference to her reluctance to sit down and a pillow offered to her.

My point is that not every spanking has to be real to be enjoyable. Sometimes it's worth having a "faked" spanking scene, especially if the character clearly got what she deserved, even if, unfortunately, the actress playing the role was not willing to endure an actual spanking for the sake of realism.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Nice post, b00m...

I just thought I'd chime in and say that I agree that

"...for some spanking enthusiasts, an implied spanking is not a spanking at all, since the actress playing the role isn't shown getting the full treatment. I don't always agree, although I admit I would rather see the whole thing portrayed on screen... like the spanking Yvonne Decarlo got in Frontier Gal, or the one June Haver got in Look for the Silver Lining, or recently, the one Mary Louise Parker got in Weeds. And. of course, even though part of the spanking was "off screen", Maureen O'Hara was clearly shown getting six solid smacks on her thinly-clad bottom in McLintock!...."

In other words, if you don't see it happening, then it did NOT happen. HOWEVER, I have an old VHS tape which chronicles the making of McLintock! (1963), and it clearly shows NINE (9!), not merely six, swats landing on O'Hara's beautiful backside. I don't know why the finished print shows only six swats landing... but I suspect the director, Andrew McLaglen, feared enraging the emerging women's lib movement with more swats than strictly necessary to get the point across.

So, I'm prepared to admit that sometimes, an off-screen spanking might be an ACTUAL spanking, all depending on the circumstances of the production.

Another one that leaps to mind is Bluebeard's Eighth Wife (1938), in which Gary Cooper appears to spank Claudette Colbert, who is across his lap. In the finished print, Cooper raises his hand to begin the spanking, then immediately we cut to a closeup of Cooper, going through the motions, but there are NO swats visible. My immediate conclusion was: Claudette did NOT get spanked; it was all just a fake.

However... if you get the chance to see the trailer (preview) for Bluebeard's Eighth Wife, you will see that Cooper actually DID land at least TWO swats on the Colbert derriere. Why director Ernst Lubitsch did not include real swats in the final print is a mystery.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/20/2011

Post by web-ed »

• Oxken provided a clarified version of Bill Wenzel's Sad Spanking Story.
  • New scan of the Bill Ward Sorority Paddling.
  • Doctor Cylon Gallery - More Bill Ward, this time a later piece in which a belt is used.
  • Picture Gallery - Paula Meadows series continues with an illustration from "Managing Mrs. Burton", a story that appeared in Februs magazine which was edited by Paula.
  • Humorama Series 1 - Spanked at the Drop of a Hat by Bill Ward. Wearing the same hat another woman already bought could earn someone a spanking!
  • Humorama Series 2 - Don't Spare the (Fishing) Rod by Bill Ward. One girl applies the rod so as to avoid spoiling another!
  • Archie Comics Spanking Series - we get the series underway as Josie gets spanked by a modern-day genie!
  • More Video - Dick Powell spanks Claire Dodd in the Abbott and Costello movie "In The Navy".
I'm not normally on the lookout for movie and TV spankings - for one thing, Dan Rivera pretty much wrote the book on the subject years ago, and for another I don't have any of the cable movie channels - but when something obvious hits the airwaves in Chicago I will turn on the old DVR, which otherwise doesn't get too much use. That's what happened with "In The Navy" this week and "Bat Masterson" last week.

"Rawhide" is running here now, and I'm hoping to capture all three known spankings and bring them to you (so far I've only got the John Kerr/Roxanne Berard one, which is pretty good). I don't think I've ever seen the one where Eric Fleming spanks Barbara Eden, but I sure would like to and probably many of you feel the same way!

I did have a short compilation I made on VHS about 20 years ago that included some well-known items like the Fernwood Tonight spanking and The Flintstones paddlings, as well as some obscure things like Santa Claus spanking a model on The Richard Bey Show, but I erased them all (I think) sometime in the 90's when I was afraid someone would discover them :roll: . Silly of me, but as we've discussed before, a lot of us have dumped our spanking collections at one time or another for fear they would be discovered. Fortunately, I kept all my comics, although some of them are missing now.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya web-ed:

Your new post called "Bill Ward Sorority Discipline Paddling" shows one of the prolific Ward's many F/F spankings. You say: " It is sufficiently high-resolution that we can see just how highly-polished Ward's work was at its best."

I am second to none in my admiration of Ward's talent. But I would just ask: "WHERE is the spankee's left leg?"

We can see her left foot, and the ankle. But the leg disappears into the ether after that.

Still a good pic, for all that.

Cheers,
Dan
jimc

Post by jimc »

Hi Dan, i'd like to compliment you on your knowledge of spanking fakes or off-screen (you may hear the swats (Forsaking all others) but not see any spanks fall and i have to confess i enjoy those though not as well as an actual otk pose. Some of the greatest OTK poses were of course posed and while there was no spanking in the movie it was nice to think that there was. GETTING GERTIE'S GARTER; FULLER BRUSH MAN; FATHER OF THE BRIDE; KISS AND TELL; JANIE GETS MARRIED and BACHELOR FATHER were some of the greatest around. Now i heard once as well that some of them were supposed to be in the movie, but were cut out or changed due to balking by either the actress, the studio or even the director himself when he was making the final prints (I had heard that the dream sequence in Father of the bride was supposed to have the spanking scene and Vincent Minnelli changed his mind and put the other one in instead. I of course thought every one of these movies that the actress did indeed deserve some otk time esp. Janet Blair in Fuller Brush Man or in Bacheor Father. Bluebird's Eighth Wife was indeed one where it did show that Lubst did seem to want the spanking in the movie, but then changed his mind in the final print for some unkown reason. I wonder too if all these spanking posed Lobby Cards if it was supposed to be in the movie (MCClintock;Kiss Me Kate;Fabulous Senorita and Look for the Silver Lining) yet somehow had it changed because of the reasons above. It would be great to see if the original scripts actually did have the spanking in them. have a great day
JIm