Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
overbarrel49

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by overbarrel49 »

jimc wrote: Hey Phil I was spanking my girlfriend in 1967 as well, but I was just a freshman then and had just found some of the Humorama ones during a beach trip and was excited to try them out. She did not object at first to being spanked, but later wanted to stop and that is one of the reasons we broke up. It does seem that my girl friends would try spanking, but did not share my passion for it ( my wife has tolerated it, but is really not into it so I get my chance every few years and I enjoy it while she does not so I am faced with two conflicting emotions and enjoy the moment but suffer later.)
hi Jim,

i had pretty much the same luck spanking girlfriends or at least girls i dated. i tried spanking most all of them and most of them would try it but didn't care that much for it. the girlfriend i had during my senior year was the only one who thought it was normal to be spanked by me. she actually thought it was not only normal but was also expecting it and saw it as a sign of strength of will. i think if i hadn't spanked her when she misbehaved, she would have quickly lost respect for me. to her it was important that i didn't let her get away with naughty behavior............just as her dad wouldn't have let her get away with it. in any case, i think the lack of success i had spanking most girls and the fact that most people i knew thought it was strange behavior just goes to show that the idea of spanking wives/girlfriends was generally going out of favor during that time. btw, my wife also allows spanking but is not into it and it does take the fun out of it for sure. thanks, phil
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Wolfie138 wrote:thanks for the kind words about the drawings :-)

and yes, Cordy and Torment do switch, though not always consentually :-D You'll know from the Spooks pic that their Hallowe'ens can often result in a nice tan, here's the incident that provoked the Witch revenge.
http://delightful-discipline.com/apples.html

and the full witch story
http://delightful-discipline.com/witch%20switch.htm

cheers :-)
hi Wolfie,

thanks for sharing the rest of the story with us :D spanking drawings are always better if we know the story that goes with them. i enjoyed the bobbing for apples drawing and i thought the idea that her nipples were in cold water as her bottom was being warmed was a nice touch :lol: thanks for sharing this with us :D . phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Wolfie138 wrote:thanks for the kind words about the drawings :-)

and yes, Cordy and Torment do switch, though not always consentually :-D You'll know from the Spooks pic that their Hallowe'ens can often result in a nice tan, here's the incident that provoked the Witch revenge.
http://delightful-discipline.com/apples.html

and the full witch story
http://delightful-discipline.com/witch%20switch.htm

cheers :-)
Thanks for providing these links to CSR Readers :D
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Ah, yessss! It's good to see an M/F spanking in Riverdale!

As you pointed out, Veronica is the spoiled whiny one and she would seem to be the more likely to deserve a spanking from Archie... However, the writers of Archie Comics seem to have a penchant for puns, and Betty is obviously dressed for sunbathing. Maybe she told Archie she wanted to get tanned really good, and he's obliging her! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The look on Archie's face seems to indicate that he's spanking her for fun, not for punishment. ;) ;) ;) ;) I think it's a fun little drawing in spite of some of the positioning/proportion problems. Thanks for sharing it with us!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/23/2015

Post by web-ed »

For links to this week's updates (except the Missed Opportunities one, which is below) please go to the Home Page.
  • Homecoming Month featuring the Archie gang continues: first, Archie spanks Veronica.
  • Then Betty gets into the act as her rivalry with Veronica takes a physical turn: Betty spanks Veronica - an animated version of a Julius Zimmerman cartoon!
  • The last of four special features over on the CSR Forum (since they don't actually show any spankings). This week: More Missed Opportunities.
  • Halloween Feature: Frankenstein Spanks, by Endart.
Next Week: Homecoming Month concludes with three spankings featuring the Archie gang (stretching a point a little by including a scene from an actual comic featuring Katy Keene, who wasn't part of the Riverdale High gang but was published by Archie): (1) Katy whacks another girl with her fencing foil; (2) Mr. Weatherbee spanks Betty; and (3) Archie gives Veronica a whack. And since it will be the day before Halloween, we'll have a Dave Wolfe extra: Casper Spanks! We guess even a friendly ghost can be pushed too far! Don't miss it! :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i like the Archie spanks Veronica #3 :D . i do think Archie is looking entirely too serious though. i mean, he's got Veronica over his lap with her panties down and her bare bottom up. i'd be grinning like a Cheshire cat :lol: . Veronica is very shapely in this one and i like her panties swinging around her ankle . Veronica is saying ouch and she does look a bit surprised and apprehensive but i also think i detect a hint of a grin on her face 8-)

the girls in Betty spanks Veronica #2 are a bit more voluptuous than they are in the comic books but the curves are still all in the right places :lol: . i can't blame Archie and Jughead for stopping to watch. if i saw one girl spanking another girl's bare bottom, i would certainly watch..........even more if both girls were naked 8-) . i thought the way Zimmerman shows Veronica's panties pulled down was a nice touch too......even if neither girl has on a stitch of clothing other than that :lol: .

i think i have the Frankenstein spanks drawing in my collection. i've always enjoyed Endart's work. he always draws nice looking spankees and in this one, i enjoyed the way he has depicted Frank raising the young lady's skirt :D . anyway, i think it's a nice view and looking at Frank's face, i'd say he thinks so too :D . as for the mummy, he has a positively evil grin so maybe she doesn't want to be spanked by him because he's just way to enthusiastic about the prospect :lol: . as for the gag..........she seems to be pretending that she's allowing Frank to spank her but it appears to me that he has the situation well in hand and there's little she could do to stop him anyway :lol: . great updates again this week :D . thanks, phil
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 10/23/2015

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote: Homecoming Month featuring the Archie gang continues: first, Archie spanks Veronica.
I like this one the best of all the ones you've posted this month. Veronica is in a nice O.T.K. position with her cute round bottom raised high. I only have two minor complaints about the picture: One is that Archie's face doesn't quite look the way Dan Decarlo drew it (but then... who's really going to notice Archie's face here?) The other thing is that the drawing was obviously a black-and-white that somebody added color to, and I think the hatching on Veronica's butt is extraneous... so... here's one I "fixed" by erasing the hatch marks and adding a little more color. I hope you like my variation of this cute picture.
Attachments
archie spanking veronica.jpg
archie spanking veronica.jpg (73.95 KiB) Viewed 3257 times
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi Boom,

i heartily approve of your modifications to the Archie spanks Veronica drawing :D . as i said in my comments, if i was the one looking at her bare bottom sticking up, i'd be grinning like a Cheshire cat so i think Archie's expression here is much better :lol: . i also approve of the coloring job you did on her bottom. the glowing red gives us the idea of a good, sound spanking much better than the cross hatching 8-) . thanks for taking time to do this for us. phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR!!!!! GOOD work PHIL on the Archie Spanks Veronica drawing 8-) what a lovely shade of pink her bottom is :D also the otk is Great! really like the gag and believe this could have been feature in a Archie comic not the bare bottom though :twisted: what I`m saying is the joke said People want to see this meaning it could be us spankos or those who wanted to see bratty Veronica get her comeuppance :twisted: :lol: :lol: 8-) I think lot of Archie comic readers back in the day felt Veronica needed to be taken down a peg and it about time Archie man up and took charge :lol: GREAT DRAWING 8-) the animation in Julius Zimmerman `s Betty Spanks Veronica is Fantastic love seeing Veronica `s big round naked rear bounce after each smack from Betty hard hand :twisted: :lol: :lol: plus their facial expression is wicket :lol: love to think this is a Betty gets revenge on the Archie stealing Veronica by giving her a humiliating bare bottom spanking in the girls locker at school with Archie and Jughead watching :twisted: which would be a SUPER GREAT DRAWING!!!! even if it not it still a GREAT DRAWING!! Endart sure knows how to draw Good spanking action 8-) and this one called Frankenstein Spanks is Super Hot 8-) but I believe it would been much better if Frankenstein was spanking a Female vampire or Elvira over his knee poor poor Mummy he won`t be using that paddle this time :lol: HOT!! Suzie was spanked judging by her rubbing her sore bottom and the stars coming from it :lol: and Ginger got it to at the end by her father too bad we never saw it :( the only Missed Opportunity is the drawing of Betty with a foot print in the back of her pants kinda feel that cruel humor of betty's father kicking her in the butt :twisted: it should have been a hand print instead :lol: now that a Missed opportunity :x GREAT COMICS 8-) THANKS!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/30/2015

Post by web-ed »

Homecoming Month concludes with three spankings featuring the Archie gang (stretching a point a little by including a scene from an actual comic featuring Katy Keene, who wasn't part of the Riverdale High gang but was published by Archie): (1) Katy whacks another girl with her fencing foil; (2) Mr. Weatherbee spanks Betty; and (3) Archie gives Veronica a whack. And since Halloween is tomorrow, we have a Dave Wolfe extra: Casper Spanks! We guess even a friendly ghost can be pushed too far!

For links to this week's updates please visit the Home Page, http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/ho ... _page.html.
  • The educational conclusion of Homecoming Month featuring the Archie gang: first, let's revisit last week's Archie spanks Veronica to savor the modifications of CSR Resident Artist Hugob00m.
  • Next, it's school corporal punishment time as Mr. Weatherbee spanks Betty - a blast from Bivouac!
  • A heated rivalry leads to a heated seat when Katy Keene Spanks Gloria Grandbilt.
  • And of course it wouldn't be fair to let Veronica escape unscathed after Betty got her bottom warmed, so let's see an example from an actual comic in which Archie swats a mosquito that just happens to have landed on Veronica's behind!
  • Halloween Feature: Even a friendly ghost has a limit, and when pushed too far, Casper Spanks a Female Spanker - innocent fun from Dave Wolfe!
We also have one additional spanking to report: Suzie #55, in which Suzie spanks her niece Angela for playing too many practical jokes. This one went into the Data Base but was not presented as part of Homecoming Month since Angela is about 12.

I hope everyone enjoyed Homecoming Month - it was exhausting to pull off, even with Robin's enormous help, but I think it was worth it :) .

I know we would all love to see more spankings with Betty, Veronica, Katy Keene, Ginger, Suzie, or any other adult female from the Archie line of comics, and there is hope that we will. There are no more known spankings of Betty and Veronica, but it's still possible something will turn up from the Golden Age, which is also the only place to find the other characters mentioned. Again, we do have one after-spanking panel with Suzie for sure, and I'm going through her comics as they become available to me (I'm about halfway through them now). As I've mentioned before, GA Archie/MLJ comics are not easy to find, but I'll do my best.

I'm not sure what we'll have next week - probably we'll update one or more existing pages - but why not stop by again and find out? :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 10/30/2015

Post by web-ed »

Homecoming Month concludes with three spankings featuring the Archie gang (stretching a point a little by including a scene from an actual comic featuring Katy Keene, who wasn't part of the Riverdale High gang but was published by Archie): (1) Katy whacks another girl with her fencing foil; (2) Mr. Weatherbee spanks Betty; and (3) Archie gives Veronica a whack. And since Halloween is tomorrow, we have a Dave Wolfe extra: Casper Spanks! We guess even a friendly ghost can be pushed too far!

For links to this week's updates please visit the Home Page, http://www.chicagospankingreview.org/ho ... _page.html.
  • The educational conclusion of Homecoming Month featuring the Archie gang: first, let's revisit last week's Archie spanks Veronica to savor the modifications of CSR Resident Artist Hugob00m.
  • Next, it's school corporal punishment time as Mr. Weatherbee spanks Betty - a blast from Bivouac!
  • A heated rivalry leads to a heated seat when Katy Keene Spanks Gloria Grandbilt.
  • And of course it wouldn't be fair to let Veronica escape unscathed after Betty got her bottom warmed, so let's see an example from an actual comic in which Archie swats a mosquito that just happens to have landed on Veronica's behind!
  • Halloween Feature: Even a friendly ghost has a limit, and when pushed too far, Casper Spanks a Female Spanker - innocent fun from Dave Wolfe!
We also have one additional spanking to report: Suzie #55, in which Suzie spanks her niece Angela for playing too many practical jokes. This one went into the Data Base but was not presented as part of Homecoming Month since Angela is about 12.

I hope everyone enjoyed Homecoming Month - it was exhausting to pull off, even with Robin's enormous help, but I think it was worth it :) .

I know we would all love to see more spankings with Betty, Veronica, Katy Keene, Ginger, Suzie, or any other adult female from the Archie line of comics, and there is hope that we will. There are no more known spankings of Betty and Veronica, but it's still possible something will turn up from the Golden Age, which is also the only place to find the other characters mentioned. Again, we do have one after-spanking panel with Suzie for sure, and I'm going through her comics as they become available to me (I'm about halfway through them now). As I've mentioned before, GA Archie/MLJ comics are not easy to find, but I'll do my best.

I'm not sure what we'll have next week - probably we'll update one or more existing pages - but why not stop by again and find out? :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i already made my comments on Boom's enhancements to the Archie spanks Veronica drawing but, at the risk of repeating myself, i heartily approve :D . he took a good drawing and made it excellent!

as you mentioned, it's pretty hard not to like the drawing of Mr. Weatherbee spanking Betty :D . Bivouac gives us a very shapely Betty, nicely positioned,dress raised and panties lowered with her very spankable bottom upturned and turning red..........just what i like to see :D . i also like the fact that he has Betty in hose and heels, like a naughty high school girl trying to pretend she's more sophisticated than she really is 8-). i approve of the expressions too. Betty looks both shocked and dismayed, as it should be :lol: . of course, i'm betting that most of us can think of some girls we went to school with who we thought needed a good spanking.........i know i can :lol: . Mr. Weatherbee may not be the old fuddy duddy we thought he was. on the one hand he's just doing his job but on the other hand, he's definitely not afraid to enjoy the view while he's doing it 8-) . i find this drawing really appealing and have no complaints with it at all.

thanks for the history on the Katy Keene comic books. i had no idea that readers were encouraged to design outfits. considering the fact that the readers were females, i can see how this might be appealing to them. i like the position that Gloria is in and if i had been there, i might have wanted to take advantage of it too. of course, i would have landed the swat in the correct area :lol: i do like the expression on Gloria's face though. the rest of the page looks like it would be more appealing to male audiences although i suppose even female fans of Katy would like to see her getting the best of her opponent.

i too enjoyed the view of Veronica bending over in the opening panel. i have to admire Archie's solution to the mosquito problem, as you mentioned, hand to bottom contact :lol: . i like the evil look on Archie's face. now that could be from him knowing he's about to kill the mosquito but i prefer to think it's because of the view he has of what the mosquito is sitting on 8-) . Dan is obviously right about this being an old gag.

i am a very big fan of Wolfietoons and i have this one in my collection :D . Dave has a gift for drawing female bottoms and this one is no exception 8-) . Casper is indeed a friendly ghost.............but apparently only to a point as this young lady is finding out :lol: Dave makes it clear that Casper is pissed, is whacking the daylights out of the spankee causing her to burst into tears........just the way i like it best :D . the only thing i didn't understand is that Casper's friend in the background has obviously been spanked, quite well, with her panties down so i don't know why Casper didn't pull the current spankee's panties down. i'm certainly not going to let that detail spoil my enjoyment of this toon though :D .

i really enjoyed homecoming month :D . thanks for all your hard work to present this to us. i'll be looking forward to next week's updates and will indeed be stopping in to see what you come up with. phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

GREAT FIND THIS WEEK WEB_ED CSR!!! 8-) BIG THUMBS UP TO DAVE WOLFE`S Casper Spanking Drawing 8-) :D I believe there was a couple of spanking in Casper Comic one was Spooky and I think Wendy got one? :twisted: anyway I like this drawing one for the Great spanking Casper is giving this woman and two her very round very shapely bottom :twisted: :lol: also her tight fitting panty :D Casper have a very stern look on his meaning he truly going to teach this woman a lesson! :lol: is that a ruler he using? OUCH!!!! :lol: :lol: the otk is SUPER! Fantastic drawing 8-) 8-) 8-) ! the one Smacker Katy keene gives Gloria GrandBilt what a name :lol: is nice but it more on her hip than rear! really think the last panel where she is straddling Miss Grandbilt is hot too bad she didn`t slap her bottom a few time with that sword :D Nice Comic Spank and two well built women :D Mr. Wheatherbee does make a good spanker 8-) and he do have a strong lap to turn a bad girl over even Sabrina :D this drawing looks ok Betty isn`t fully over his knees and she look kinda small she have a nice rear though :D mr. Wheatherbee like I said makes a good spanker only this drawing doesn`t give him justice :( Love the drawing of him caning both Betty and Veronica over his desk I saw a while back :D !! Great that Archie would use the world oldest gag to Spank Veronica rear ;) can`t blame him :D :lol: and although he paid the price it was well worth it :D 8-) GREAT SPANKING IN Comic also GREAT GAG 8-) THANKS!!
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 10/30/2015

Post by hugob00m »

thanks for your latest updates. Of course, the ones I liked the best were the M/F ones, especially the one with Mr. Weatherbee and Betty.
web-ed wrote: Is this according to the rules of the Riverdale High school board? Should Weatherbee have been using an official school paddle?
Hmmmm! This is probably not according to school board rules, but I'm sure Mr. Weatherbee is savoring a rare opportunity to punish some small infraction from one of the school's "good girls". What naughty thing did Betty do to get her sent to the principal's office for corporal punishment? The artist didn't give us any of the story, but we can imagine! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
web-ed wrote: And of course it wouldn't be fair to let Veronica escape unscathed after Betty got her bottom warmed, so let's see an example from an actual comic in which Archie swats a mosquito that just happens to have landed on Veronica's behind
Yes! And it's just not fair that Veronica got so angry at Archie for that swat... Wasn't he just trying to spare her the itch of being bitten? ;) ;) ;) ;)
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 11/06/2015

Post by web-ed »

First, the October Spanking Search Report:

Pages searched: 1239
Total: 516155
Comic Spankings: 3

All three of these came from Suzie comics, and all three were disappointments.

1. Suzie #55 (Archie, no indicia available, c. 1947) Suzie/Angela F/F hand, OTK. Suzie’s niece Angela’s trick golf ball drives Suzie’s boss Mr. Kronkheit crazy, so Suzie spanks her “in the end”. Angela’s panties have “The End” on them.
2. Suzie #66 (Archie, December 1948) Ferdie/Junior, M/M, Hand, OTK. Ferdie is stuck babysitting Junior, who misbehaves on a trip to the zoo. Ferdie spanks him, but then a gorilla, who likes Junior, spanks Ferdie off-panel.
3. Same. Sorority Girl / Ginger’s uncle, F/M, paddle, standing. Ginger strip. Ginger wants to join sorority; they mistake uncle for her and he gets initiated. Another missed opportunity since Ginger is the one who should have been paddled.

These three will go into the Data Base shortly. Fortunatly, the gorilla spanking Ferdie took place off panel, so I don't need to record it.

The Humorama Search is progressing also, but very slowly. I obtained three more digests from the critical period of 1956-60, and only one of them even had a spanking! It's one we're already seen, but at least we now know where it premiered. It is now rather unlikely that any new spankings will emerge from this period, but I know I speak for all of us in saying we need to make sure :lol: . And once we do know, we can decide whether to resume the Humorama Series at that point or continuing to research the period of secondary interest, Humorama's final decade, 1972-81.

We're entering a short period in which I'll be updating existing pages rather than creating new ones, probably until the end of the year. The reasons are basically that I'm under tremendous time pressure, I have a backlog of these updates, and that the Christmas season will be here before you know it, during which time I don't like to run ground-breaking original material that no one has ever seen before because I don't want anyone to miss it because they're too busy running around for the holidays. But that doesn't mean it's going to be all "old news" - I have new scans and more information that should be of interest, so stay tuned! :)

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page. Yes, these links are working again - don't ask me how I restored them because I really don't know!
  • Everyone has seen the famous Hollywood publicity photo of Tab Hunter spanking Natalie Wood. But where did photos like these appear at the time? We have part of the answer now with a magazine we dug up from 1957 which features a second Tab/Natalie spanking photo very similar to the first.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

well, it sounds like October was another disappointing month for the business of searching for comic spankings. this is not a big surprise, of course, but still not what any of us would have liked. as far as Humorama goes, it would seem that you have no only found most of the spankers ever done by them but are also closing in on having all the history of these lined out. as you said though, we are all interested in making sure :lol: .

i enjoyed the information about the pictures of Tab spanking Natalie. they do indeed seem to be having a good time and it seems likely to me that his explanation that this was a birthday spanking is probably correct :D i can just imagine that if such a birthday spanking did indeed take place on the set of a movie that cameras would be clicking up a storm taking pics of it so i find it entirely plausible that there would be more than one pic :D . it's nice to know just where the pic you posted today came from. it seems to me that in this pic, both Tab and Natalie look very happy with this birthday spanking. however, i have the feeling that the original one you posted, which i would think would be the more famous of the 2, may have happened a bit later in the spanking. it seems to me that as the spanking progressed, Tab may have thought Natalie was enjoying all this a bit too much and decided to deliver a much harder swat, which the photographer caught at just the right moment. Tab looks much happier while Natalie looks a little less happy. her mouth is open more, as if she is yelling, her body is raised up, as if reacting to a harder swat and her hair is flying :D . of course, that may not even be close to the truth but that's what it looks like to me. i am happy to see the new pic but truth be told, i still like the other one best 8-) . as far as Natalie being into spanking goes, since we'll probably never know, i think i'll go ahead and believe she was ;) . good updates! thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

Hi WEB-ED CSR!!! Great insight on the Natalie Wood Tab Hunter spanking 8-) I too love the photo of her with mouth open hair flying action :lol: 8-) I remember when I first saw this in a Spanking Mag back in the 80`s I couldn`t wait to see the movie only to be let down that there was no spanking at all in the movie :x Natalie do make a good spankee with her shapely pert bottom :D and it good to think she was into spanking too bad she was never spanked in any of her movies :( the original photo is good but I love the second action pic better! 8-) Think there are other actors and actresses that are into spanking :D it kind of :( that Hollywood put out spanking still for movies only to not have them in it :( do you think they was edited out for some reason :?: :?: :?: :?:
jimc

Post by jimc »

I love the Tab and Natalie spanking. There are actually a series of these two with Tab spanking Natalie; one of Natalie spanking Tab and one of Tab spanking Natalie's daughter in the same pose that was made famous in the movie mag. Natalie was also spanked by Nick Addams in costume of one movie it was another birthday spanking from what I heard. It is always hard to say if there was a spanking in a movie and got edited out. I did hear about some of those: Mona Freeman in DEAR RUTH was supposedly spanked, but they edited it out as it was too long and it was also supposed to be a turning point in Bill Holden's romance with the sister; I did hear that Elizabeth Taylor was supposed to be spanked in the dream sequence in FATHER OF THE BRIDE, but it was also edited out and reshot. Tim Holt did seem to spank the girl in most of his movies, but I did not know whether he was or the writer was a spanko. We have talked about many spanked actresses and how many times they were spanked in their movies whether they were in to spanking or were typecast as spankees as several come to mind that seemed to spend a lot of time otk (PAULETTE GODDARD;JUNE HAVER;ANN SHERIDAN;LUPE VELEZ; ESTELITA RODRIQUES; LUCILLE BALL; JANET BLAIR and BETTY HUTTON ), but as they were leading ladies they would have some say in their movies and whether a spanking was acceptable or not. Katy Keene as a spanker was interesting, but she was on the list in one of the first polls as one to be spanked in a commission (in a way I feel that all of our Spanked cartoon girls could be spanked using some tracing and composite work (although truth to tell my talent in that area is sorely lacking) and I hope someone will produce a series like that. Have a great day.
Jim
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Thanks for the new info you found on the Tab Hunter/Natalie Wood photo. It's interesting to see a magazine article published back then featuring the now-famous pose. It's a shame we never got to see Natalie Wood actually get spanked in one of her movies, but I've always loved this publicity still.

I still wonder if it was just a pose or did he give her a few swats while he had her in such a perfect position? According to some sources, he was giving her an eighteenth birthday spanking when the shot was taken, but I'm not sure whether I can believe that.

Is this going to be the next area of exploration for C.S.R.? We seem to be running out of comic book spankings and Humorama spankings, but there are quite a few movie publicity shots of well-known and not-so-well-known actresses turned over someone's knee. It would be nice to see them all gathered into one place with whatever information is available.

There are movies such as McLintock! and Kiss Me Kate that had a spanking in the film itself AND posed publicity shots that were used in lobby cards, posters, newspaper ads, etc. I think the reason for having still shots is obvious: A posed photo won't have the motion blur that a frame from the actual film would be likely to have.

The people who ran the ad campaign for McLintock! must've believed (and rightly so, as it turned out) that a large portion of the ticket-buying public would pay to see Maureen O'Hara get a spanking.

But what about the posed stills that didn't actually depict a scene from the movie? Were those spankings written into the script and deleted? Was it on-set horseplay by the actors? Was it a deliberate attempt to deceive the fans?

I'd like to see a new category here at C.S.R. Movie Publicity Photos! The ones that depict a scene of the movies they represent and the ones that don't.
jimc

Post by jimc »

yes I would love to see all of those posed publicity spankings as I have maintained for the mainstream lover whether it be comics or publicity poses that was a part of spanking that actually could be enjoyed by any aged spanko. When web-ed did first start the forum there were threads about the posed, but not in the actual movie stills and he admitted that he did not know that much about them. I love the posed ones better as the spankee does seem to be in a more perfect position and some of the expressions are better as well. I do think it was more artistic license than misleading by design, but that too is something only those in the know or were part of the production team whether it was for their personal pleasure to see all those big stars spanked or it was supposed to be in the movie (written that way and either the actress or director changed their minds.) I do not know and I would imagine that there would be more than 1 answer. Have a great day.
Jim