Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by hugob00m »

daneldorado wrote: And I loved your George Morrice find, from 1957. Hope nobody minds, but I have downloaded it and altered it just a bit, by removing that extra large shock of hair from the left (our right) side of the teacher's head. The printed version makes it look as if the spanker is a woman -- although he is wearing a man's suit -- but my "doctored" version makes it clear, at least to me, that he is a man.
I thought it needed a little change too... but what I did was to make the young lady's backside slightly larger and rounder, and to make her panties (if that's what they were intended to be) smaller. After reading Dan's post, I decided to change the teacher's hair too.
morrice with improvement.jpg
morrice with improvement.jpg (213.25 KiB) Viewed 4973 times
I hope this is acceptable.
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Two more good Supermans. The Lily Field one I had never seen before. That was one spanking that was certainly well-deserved for what she did. The couple she caused so much heartache should have spanked her too! The other one-always good to see an upper-crust debutante type getting taken down a peg, finding herself in a position she never thought she'd be in.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

THE SUPERMAN SPANKING LILY FIELD WAS GREAT AND WELL DESERVED LOVED HOW THE TWO OTHER YOUNG LADIES WATCH ESPECIALY THE ONE WITH HER ARMS FOLD GREAT TO SEE THE SPANKING WAS GIVING OVER THE KNEE THIS TIME GREAT POSITION BOY HER BOTTOM SHOULD HAVE BEEN SMOKING AFTER THAT :lol: WONDER WHY THE WRITERS NEVER LET HIM SPANK LOIS LANE WHO I BELIEVE NEEDED PLENTY OF TRIPS ACROSS HIS KNEE :lol: LIKE THE GEORGE MORRICE TEACHER SPANK STUDENT AFTER CLASS :D THE LOOK ON THE GIRL FACE IS PRICELESS :o I BELIEVE THIS WAS A DISCIPLINARY SPANKING. LIKE THE OTK POSITION AND THE GIRL PANTIES ALTHOUGH HER BOTTOM WASN`t VERY ROUND LIKE OTHER WOMEN HE DREW BEFORE. JACK SPANKING NANCY WAS ALSO GREAT THE SPANKING SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE OTK. LIKE NANCY ATTITUDE WITH HANDS ON HIPS DIDN`t LIKE HOW HE GOT SHOT IN HIS SPANKING ARM :x DID MARY JANE STEAL THOSE ITEMS? NO WONDER SPIDERMAN WAS SPANKING HER LIKE LOIS LANE MARY JANE WATSON NEEDED A SPANKING OR TWO :lol: GLAD TO SEE THE SPANKING WAS GIVING ON HER BARE BOTTOM IT MUST HAVE HURTED JUDING BY HER FACIAL REACTION AND THE COLOR OF HER BOTTOM NICE SHADE OF RED :twisted: CAN`T SAY MUCH ABOUT KIM POSSIBLE BUT WISH THE SPANKING WAS OVER THE KNEE WHAT THIS GIRL DO TO EARN A SPANKING? THANKS WEB-ED CSR FOR POSTING
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hugob00m wrote:I hope this is acceptable.
hi boom,

it is indeed acceptable :D . i like the way you did her bottom and the panties much better than the original. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 08/12/2011

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:Wow! Web-ed, this week you have really come through for the spanko community!
overbarrel49 wrote:another great update. thanks for taking time to do this for us
hugob00m wrote:Thanks again for all the hard work you put into these weekly updates!
Tanner wrote:Two more good Supermans
butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:THANKS WEB-ED CSR FOR POSTING
Really, gentlemen, you're going to turn my head with all this lavish praise! I appreciate your accolades, but no thanks are necessary. I'm crazy about spanking, and absolutely dedicated to bringing you the best material I can find. I try hard not to put any really lame stuff out there, and although I may not have always succeeded, I know you guys are out there, rooting for me and appreciating what I do.

On the Morrice After School Spanking: Don't worry, Dan, nobody minds you're altering the piece - in fact, I'm sure we'd all like to see it. b00m already posted his alteration - fast work - and I went ahead and added it to the page right away so I wouldn't forget! I think Dan was right about the hair, and b00m about the bottom - and I think Morrice would approve, too, if he were still with us. This one was a recent addition to my personal collection, and I don't believe it has ever been scanned before this. I'm not sure if it was ever reprinted in a later Humorama digest.
butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:DID MARY JANE STEAL THOSE ITEMS?
I don't know - it does almost look like that, although it would be contrary to her character, and Congolike didn't say. The commissioner, who has posted occasionally on this board, may choose to enlighten us if he sees this.
daneldorado wrote:It may seem trivial to some, but I completely respect Superman's decision to treat Lily as a "saboteur." She was viciously, though perhaps unwittingly, undermining two service members -- an Army soldier and a WAC -- by publishing lies about their relationship.
On the Superman/Lily spanking: glad everyone like this one, especially Dan (I thought you would)! As Dan noted, there was an old scan floating around, but it was so blurry you couldn't even read the dialogue, so I was glad to bring this much better scan into the open. The wartime patriotism expressed in this strip helped me to find it, by the way: I figured it had to be somewhere between 1941 and 1944, so I needed to locate and search "only" 150 or so strips.

This is the sixth known spanking from the Superman strips, the 4th with Supes himself as the spanker, and the only one of those four in color. Now for the $64,000 question: are there any more spankings from the Superman strips? I wish I knew. They were around for many years. All I can say is that I'll keep looking.

And I agree with Dan - Lily was a saboteur, and she deserved every super-spank she got!
Last edited by web-ed on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add explanation of how wartime patriotism helped me find the strip.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 08/19/2011

Post by web-ed »

For links please visit the Home Page (click on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this page).

Humorama Spanking Cartoons:
  • Another Bill Ward series begins with "Cinderella" arriving home late and getting spanked by her "fairy godmother".
  • New scan of this Bill Ward scene featuring a spanked female math tutor.

Super-Spanking Summer:
  • Doctor Cylon finds it possible to spank Mrs. Possible also!
  • Coming from an actual comic book, what appears to be an X-Men Caning.
  • MJ Bivouac brings school corporal punishment to the X-Men as Principal Darkholme paddles Jean and Kitty.
I'm trying to get my remaining Bill Ward F/F cartoons (there are four more) out of the way so we can concentrate on M/F for the rest of the series. I think all my remaining cartoons from Wenzel, Stiles, DeCarlo, and Homer are M/F with the exception of one F/M each of Stiles and Wenzel. Most of you will no doubt be relieved to know that I will not feature any F/M stuff as part of the current Humorama Series, although I may combine these two with three of Ward's for another "Halloween Horror" special, the horror being in the F/M orientation.

In searches this week, I obtained copies of a Canadian humor magazine called Laughing World ("The magazine of gay, intelligent people" according to the cover) and Humorama (the full-sized, flagship quarterly publication, as distinct from the many digest-sized books), but unfortunately, neither one had any spanking cartoons :( . No new spankings turned up in my continuing search through Golden Age comics either, although I did find a unique F/M/M (!) domino-style paddling plus a F/M spanking (with a fish) in a single story! I wish I hadn't, but they're documented in the Comics Spanking Data Base. Interested readers should search on the title "Sparkling Stars" issue #26.

Next week's updates will be delayed by one day to allow me to take a short vacation. I hope to return rested, refreshed (fat chance) and ready to peruse some more Humorama digests which are on their way here even as I write this. Next week's updates will all be to existing pages, the idea being I could do them in less time than it takes to code new pages. Although that turned out not to be the case, I think they're still worth your time in looking at them. See you then! :)
Last edited by web-ed on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add information I sleepily left out at 04:00 this morning.
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,,

i like the Cinderella spanking although i have a hunch this is "not" really Cinderella :lol: . the spanker looks really happy about it all. the spankee looks to me as if she's preoccupied ...............perhaps thinking about prince charming. i like the expression on the spanker's face in the math tutor one...........he definitely looks suitably pissed :lol: as you noted, the spankee looks pretty scared. it's good for her :D . say! Mrs possible looks pretty good here. nice bottom and nicely spanked :D . in the X-men one, are you "sure" that's a girl? geez! i don't think i care for that one much. i did like principal Darkholme however. great looking rears on both the spankees :D . the principal does indeed have a gleeful look on her face and it's apparent that she's having a good time whether anyone else is or not :lol: .the girl who is waiting looks a little worried but the one getting paddled seems to me that she might be savoring the feelings of the paddling...........perhaps getting some sexual excitement from it. another good update. thanks, phil
web-ed
Site Admin

Is It A Girl?

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote: in the X-men one, are you "sure" that's a girl? geez! i don't think i care for that one much.
I don't care for it particularly, either, but if it is a genuine caning as it appears, it's worthy of attention since it did take place in an actual comic book. Is the canee really a girl? Well, she's got short hair and rather androgynous features, true, but the waist-to-hip ratio seems determinative to me. Also, I would hope a guy wouldn't be wearing capri slacks and cute little low-cut shoes :D!
Capri slacks? What decade was this, anyway? Copyright Marvel Comics Inc.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Thanks again for all the hard work you put into the weekly updates! My favorite this time was the math tutor in higher resolution. The girl is quite pretty and almost to scale! The man is almost one of Ward's later brutish types, but not quite there yet. It's too bad the Cinderella one was F/F, though... I would've enjoyed seeing both of those ladies across the knees of a couple of men!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 08/27/2011

Post by web-ed »

For links please visit the Home Page, which you can reach by clicking the Chicago Spanking Review link at the top of this or any other BB page.

Back from vacation, I updated a number of existing pages, mainly those with superheroes in keeping with Super-Spanking Summer.
  • Bill Ward "Bottoms Up" spanking - the caption and date of its first appearance can finally be revealed with two new scans.
  • Helen Parr gets two animated spankings from Doctor Cylon.
  • Piracy leads to punishment as Singapore Sal finds herself turned over the knee of Captain Paragon. New high-resolution scans from our newly-obtained near mint copy of this comic book!
  • Kid Eternity calls Samson from beyond to give a double-spanking to two bad girls. New scan!
  • A female criminal gets her just desserts as Firebrand leaves his fiery brand where it will do her the most good. New scan!
Although on vacation this week, I never go off-duty (spanking-wise), and I did manage to go through another batch of Humorama digests. The results were two new spanking cartoons by George Morrice, plus new scans of three cartoons that have already been posted. I'll do the Morrice cartoons as soon as possible since we just had a Morrice series and I'd like to keep the Morrice stuff close together on the Humor index page.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

WELCOME BACK, WEB-ED!

When I read that you were going to take a vacation, I was happy for you. My first thought was: well, yeah, everyone deserves an occasional vacation. But then, my SECOND thought was this:

Anytime an administrator of a popular website goes on vacation, the site experiences a dearth of new posts until he (or she) returns.

One of my passions -- other than spanking -- is classic old films. I subscribe to a classic films site, and post messages there whenever I can. But I have to notice that about EIGHTY PER CENT of all the messages on the site are from the administrator himself. That's the only way to keep them going: If the administrator doesn't post early and often, eventually the site shrivels up and dies.

Not that the CSR is in danger of shriveling up anytime soon. But I think the only persons to post to this site since you left were overbarrel and myself.

So, again I say: Welcome back, Web-Ed. But I hope you won't leave us again, anytime soon.

Cheers,
Dan
Last edited by daneldorado on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed and welcome back,

i like the ward bottoms up drawing. very nice looking spankee and i love her outfit too with the grater belt and hose :D . from the position of her right hand i have to figure that this spanking stings a bit but even at that both spanker and spankee seem to be enjoying this and i have to figure they're probably gonna end up in the bedroom ;) .the doc cylon animation does indeed cause her to change expressions and i like the way her bottom cheeks are bouncing too :D . Singapore Sal looks suitably irritated by this "turn" of events :lol: . nice, clear scan of the entire spanking page too. it appears to me that whoever did the colored version also took a few minutes to round out her bottom. it seems less angular than the uncolored ones. i guess i'm not familiar with kid eternity but as long as he has spanking scenes, i approve. maybe the reason firebrand didn't last long is that he didn't live up to his name. perhaps he would have done better with a spanking in every episode :D . you mentioned that there was no rubbing or anything afterward and i was a little disappointed with the actual spanking. she could have had a more pained look on her face and maybe a couple tears. it seemed a little lackluster. thanks for the update. fascinating as usual. phil
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

I liked them all this week. Especially the Kid Eternity one where the old lady was going YeOWW. Bet she never expected that at her age. Guess you might say that even a woman with some gray hairs can still benefit from a red bottom. Never too old, like they say.
I agree with Dan about the few postings here, all from a handful of people-and I admit I should post more often myself.
Another thing I have thought of. Wouldnt it be nice if somehow there could be a chatroom devoted to chatting about spankings in the comics, and other topics that appear on this board.
Lots of spanking chatrooms, but they mainly appeal to those into cyber play or looking for partners.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 08/27/2011

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:WELCOME BACK, WEB-ED!

Anytime an administrator of a popular website goes on vacation, the site experiences a dearth of new posts until he (or she) returns...
If the administrator doesn't post early and often, eventually the site shrivels up and dies.
Not that the CSR is in danger of shriveling up anytime soon. But I think the only persons to post to this site since you left were overbarrel and myself.
So, again I say: Welcome back, Web-Ed. But I hope you won't leave us again, anytime soon.
Thank you kindly Dan, and don't worry - I'm probably too broke to go on vacation again any time soon!
Tanner wrote:Another thing I have thought of. Wouldn't it be nice if somehow there could be a chatroom devoted to chatting about spankings in the comics, and other topics that appear on this board.
Lots of spanking chatrooms, but they mainly appeal to those into cyber play or looking for partners.
It's a funny thing, but as loquacious as I seem to be here on this board, I've never really been into spanking chatrooms. I suppose I could host one here at CSR (I'd have to look into the technical details), but I'd never have the time to participate in it myself anyway. So at least for now, we'll have to do our chatting in the form of posts on this board.

For Phil, about Kid Eternity: He had an imaginative "gimmick" and was one of Quality's better-known heroes, quite popular in the 40's and early 50's. After DC acquired the Quality heroes, I remember them reprinting a number of his adventures during the 70's in their 100-page Super-Spectaculars. I think his main dramatic weakness was in his passivity - he had to keep calling up dead heroes for the important actions rather than undertaking them himself.

Tanner also mentioned Kid Eternity and the spankings of Her Highness and Silk. The pity of it is that these two characters went on to star in their own strip, but were never spanked again despite being quite deserving of this treatment.
overbarrel49 wrote:maybe the reason firebrand didn't last long is that he didn't live up to his name. perhaps he would have done better with a spanking in every episode :D .
I'm sure everyone here would have been delighted if he had!
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 08/27/2011

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:Bill Ward "Bottoms Up" spanking - the caption and date of its first appearance can finally be revealed with two new scans.
I've always liked this cartoon. It seems more playful and easy-going than Ward's other work. Thanks for the new scans of it!
web-ed wrote:Piracy leads to punishment as Singapore Sal finds herself turned over the knee of Captain Paragon. New high-resolution scans from our newly-obtained near mint copy of this comic book!
WOW! I had seen a blurry, low-resolution scan of this page before, and even then, I thought it was a great picture. I know practically nothing about the characters, except that he's the hero and she's the villain... and if I had ever seen Sinapore Sal in a story that didn't show her being spanked, I'd wish she had been!
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!! GREAT COLLETION THANKS!! The Bill Ward spanking in Bottom Up looks kinda different than some of his later work meaning the woman`s breasts and buttocks is flat something like I would expect maybe from artists like Kirk Stiles or Morrice. Good position over the knee use to seeing large female body parts from a Ward`s drawing was this from his early work? HA! HA! Firebrand really live up to his name by giving that beautiful female criminal her comeuppance :lol: If only Reed Crandall done a Gene Autry and use the knife handle as a paddle to spank her with! Great how her bottom stuck up while over one knee.Look like HerHighness was taking most of the spanking from Samson than Silk didn`t like the position cause it look like they was floating in the air.like the way the artist drew Silk struggling to avoid the slaps to her bottom if only she was otk Like Singapore Sal good position with bottom up high while being roasted by Captain Paragon :lol: Too bad the spanking of naughty grown women in comic books is a thing of the past :cry: When is there going to be a spanking of Susan from Monsters vs Aliens like Helen Parr especailly when hit by that paddle :twisted: WOW how her bottom bounce!!!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 09/02/2011

Post by web-ed »

For links please visit the Home Page (click on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page to get there).

Doctor Cylon adjusts another work of the old masters to make it a post-spanking piece.

Humorama Spanking Cartoons:
  • Update to a page posted last year - an older gentleman expresses his "fatherly interest" in a young woman by spanking her! New scan.
  • A young lady in the performing arts finds out her contract contains a spanking clause!
  • Another young lady decides to accept a marriage proposal - after getting spanked by her boyfriend!
I found all three of these recently in the same Humorama digest! Most unusual, since the typical number of "spankers" is 0 or 1 (four is the record), and I can't recall another multi-spanker issue in which the cartoons were all by the same artist.

A change you may notice is in the decorative border of cover thumbnails used on CSR's Humorama pages: I replaced the old thumbnails with newer versions which now link to full-size cover scans. The reason for this is that when I started this series, I didn't have enough of my own cover scans and had to use whatever I could find, but now I have plenty, and where the cover features a spanking, I certainly used it! If you look carefully, you'll see that I haven't posted all of these "cover spankings" before, but never fear: I will, and I have good, full-sized scans of all of them! I did not retrofit the old pages, however (too much work) so if you want to compare, use this week's Humorama #45 with Humorama #44 from two weeks ago. Most of the covers are different, but in a few cases I simply used a better scan of the same cover.

Super-Spanking Summer:
  • It's DC vs. Marvel again as Wonder Woman spanks Sue Storm! Art by Osias.
  • More spanking among the X-Men as Storm spanks Shadowcat. The Congolike series resumes!
Humorama Search: I found another copy of a Bill Wenzel "spanker" (already posted) in Popular Jokes. It will probably be added to the page in the future.

Golden Age Search for the month of August: 1300 pages searched and three spankings found, but all of them M/M :( Two of them were The Human Torch and his teen-age sidekick, Toro, while the third is from a strip called Perky. The sheer number of these things is demoralizing, and for all of our sakes I won't be posting them in another "Weird Spankings" series (I've done enough of those in the past). The details are sketchy but I've logged them in the Comics Spanking Data Base as usual, and anyone who's really interested in seeing them can drop me a PM.

Next week: the sizzling conclusion to Super-Spanking Summer. Be here as the heat is applied to six female super-seats! :)
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Another great week!
I loved the Doc Cylon. There is an expression "rubenesque" to describe women with full figures (and ample posteriors) after the Dutch painter Rubens whose women looked like that. And seeing his women can't help but note they have very spankable bottoms. Too bad he didn't give his nudes red bottoms when he painted them.
Nice WW/Sue Storm. Be nice to see one where its Wonder Woman getting spanked with a paddle in what she is wearing in this one.(Or rather not wearing).
And always nice to see a multi-panel spanking like this one of Shadowcat getting spanked. The only thing nicer would have been another panel, a post-spanking one where she is rubbing, or sitting on a pillow. Wish there was more postspanking art where the spankee is sitting on a pillow(or standing up with one tied to her bottom,implying that she can't sit).
And the Morrice-how wonderful that this material from the "Dark Ages" so to speak, survived to the present.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

it's just amazing how much a little color on the cheeks of the lady enhances even a painting by an old master............no wonder she's lying on her stomach :D . i like the idea of the gag in the contract one and i like the smug expression on the spanker's face the "suitably pissed off" look on the spankee's face :lol: like you said though, odd position for the spankee which really detracted from the drawing. i love the idea of the man convincing his girl to marry him. i guess that some girls just take more convincing than others :lol: . as you mentioned, good otk position and a nice bottom on the bride to be. on the last morrice pic i do like the gag in the second one much better and i love the startled realization on the spankee's face :D as you said, he could have raised the spankee's dress all the way up. i thought the sue storm drawing was nice but while sue seems to be paying attention, wonder woman looks as if she is staring off into space, perhaps daydreaming? to me her right hand looks a little too big for her arm too. in the storm spanks shadowcat..............it's amazing how a couple of minor changes can really enhance the drawing. i like the second one much better. another good update. thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED!!! DOCTOR CYLON POST SPANKING was nice like that it was a full figure woman on the recieving end something you don`t see that much.Wonder Woman spanks Sue Storm was ok being WW already had the upper hand maybe you should do one of Ben Grimm spanking WW OTK :lol: George Morrice spanking an actress is very good :D Like the way the producer is puffing on his cigar while tending to Miss Lapeppe`s pert shaply bottom :lol: Miss Lapeppe kinda reminds me of Scarlette O`hara a woman who should have been spanked! The second spanking by Morrice is also nice! Great otk position.Nice panties cover bottom the spanking must be hurting her cause she trying to reach back only problem is the spanker is spanking with the wrong hand :? Want to see Storm spank otk maybe professor X or Rogue good postion of Shadowcat like how her buttocks is turn red. Storm is one great spanker :D THANKS CSR!!