Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
willjohn

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by willjohn »

I can but try.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/24/2020

Post by web-ed »

Tanner wrote: A "spanking breeze" - don't know a lot about sailing, but isn't there a part on a sailboat called a spanker?
And then there is the phrase, referring to something being "spanking brand-new" that I have seen. Wonder how someone came up with that.
From the Merriem-Webster online dictionary: Definition of spanker

1 : the fore-and-aft sail on the mast nearest the stern of a square-rigged ship
2 : the sail on the mast nearest the stern of a schooner of four or more masts

I cannot help but note with delight that the sail referred to in both cases is the one nearest the stern and it is the female stern-end that figures in the definition of spanking nearest our hearts. :lol:

And: Definition of spanking

1 : remarkable of its kind
2 : being fresh and strong : brisk

And of course a good spanking should be "fresh and strong".

Now like all good professional writers past a certain age, I possess my own M-W unabridged dictionary (the huge print version), and despite how easy it is now to use the online version I still find it valuable, so I checked its definition of "spanking" but didn't find anything about "spanking new". I did find one more definition of "spanking," however, which leads us to:
willjohn wrote:Heard of an 18th Century British Soldier, Major General Roger Aytoun who was known as "Spanking Roger." He was well over 6 feet tall, powerfully built and a very good fighting soldier. The nickname referred to his size. He was married twice to rich widows much older than himself and died a rich man.
Here is the third definition of "spanking" from the unabridged dictionary:
spanking - large, dashing, stunning [colloquial]

which certainly seems to fit ol' Spanking Roger. No doubt these qualities attracted those wealthy widows, although we wouldn't be CSR people if we didn't wonder whether Spanking Roger earned his nickname a second time by taking a firm hand to one or both of his wives, and if they loved him all the more for it. :D
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:No time for any anniversary specials this year (CSR's 16th Anniversary is sometime this month) and I'm not really in the mood anyway. I'm very upset at what's going on in America - healthy people being subjected to quarantine for the first time in our history, and with ruinous consequences - and I refuse to repeat mindless state-approved slogans like "Stay home, stay safe". I would rather see people refusing to stay home with widespread civil disobedience (which is now beginning) and Americans telling their state governors that they don't get to help the sick by destroying the livelihoods of the healthy and just where they can put their stay-at-home orders (which are not law, by the way - they are rule by decree). For myself, I did self-quarantine when I had a strange respiratory illness about five weeks ago (and that I now believe was in fact the Wuhan Virus), but I currently go wherever I need to among those places that are still allowed by our masters to stay open.
I agree with part of what you said. but not all. On the one hand, we really are facing a serious health crisis, and the social distancing, masks and other stuff, while not a cure, are helping to slow down the spread of the disease until the hospitals and medical professionals can catch up.

But, the part I agree with is that there are too many "executive orders" being issued, and treated as if they're laws. We all need to remember that neither a state's governors nor the president have the constitutional authority to make laws.
willjohn

Re: Weekly Updates for 04/24/2020

Post by willjohn »

willjohn wrote:Heard of an 18th Century British Soldier, Major General Roger Aytoun who was known as "Spanking Roger." He was well over 6 feet tall, powerfully built and a very good fighting soldier. The nickname referred to his size. He was married twice to rich widows much older than himself and died a rich man.
web-ed wrote:Here is the third definition of "spanking" from the unabridged dictionary:
spanking - large, dashing, stunning [colloquial]

which certainly seems to fit ol' Spanking Roger. No doubt these qualities attracted those wealthy widows, although we wouldn't be CSR people if we didn't wonder whether Spanking Roger earned his nickname a second time by taking a firm hand to one or both of his wives, and if they loved him all the more for it. :D
General Aytoun was apparently well thought of in the North of England, there is a pub in Store Street, Manchester named " The Spanking Roger" which was named after him.
Last edited by web-ed on Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix "quote" BBC
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 04/24/2020

Post by web-ed »

• More Mulan from Doctor Cylon as we revisit Mulan Paddle-Swat with four brand-new versions!
  • We begin a short series of contributions by Alan with a single butt-whack from comics legend Will Eisner
"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men..."

It had been my plan to rotate the non-Doctor Cylon updates through the other galleries, but that hasn't exactly worked out, primarily because it's taking me longer to delve through the material I have in some galleries than it is in others. It had also been my plan to finally get back to the work of Bawdy Bard, but I was reminded recently that Alan has been waiting even longer for me to post some of his stuff. Therefore, I decided to try to get in a mini-series dedicated to Alan's submissions before the advent of Super-Spanking Summer in June causes me to change gears once again.

And so we begin that mini-series this week with an unexpected one-whacker from Will Eisner's late period (I don't know the exact source). I really wasn't ever expecting to seen another spanking from Eisner although I do of course search the Spirit sections in old newspapers from the 1940s as they become available (I never followed the reprints closely as I just never really warmed up to the strip despite Eisner's importance to the comics medium), but Alan dug this one up. Thanks to him and we'll see more of his contributions this month.

And Doctor Cylon at some point must have gone back to the Mulan paddle-swat he did ten years ago to give us four more variations on Tooner's enticing bare-bottomed portrayal of the character - sweet!
  • Next Week: Doctor Cylon gives us new versions of a Julius Zimmerman classic, and -
  • We continue our mini-series of contributions by Alan with a clothing ad that appeared in the New York Times :) .
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Poor Mulan! Looks like she is standing next to what looks like a shelf or mantel board.From the looks of her bottom she'll prefer to take her meals off it for the next couple days!
Some great stuff coming up, sounds like too!
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WED-ED CSR!!!!!!! would be good to see Mulan get a spanking in the live action version from Disney the spanker thinking she a boy by the way she dressed order her to lay on a bench where he canes her :twisted: :lol: :lol: Great Drawing and Great spanking from Doctor Cylon 8-) 8-) Will Eisner one swat spanking drawing is ok was expecting a little more well rounded bottom on the woman :x it look like a satire from a political newspaper comic! THANKS BE Safe!!!!!!!
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote:More Mulan from Doctor Cylon as we revisit Mulan Paddle-Swat with four brand-new versions!
The way Tooner draws Mulan, with some very feminine curves, makes her more interesting in a spanking situation... but I'm not sure it would work with the original story, in which she passed herself off as a boy. (But maybe she was less shapely as a teenager, and Tooner's drawing depicts her at a more mature stage of her life)
web-ed wrote:We begin a short series of contributions by Alan with a single butt-whack from comics legend Will Eisner
Yeah! Even though I prefer seeing an attractive woman turned over a man's knee... a casual butt-slap can be fun too. This one looks like he just reached out as he was passing by, but her reaction seems to indicate that there was a considerable impact. Maybe eventually, we'll find out the context of this panel.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 05/08/2020

Post by web-ed »

In the sixteen years I've been doing CSR, I've been pretty good about not double-posting things, although the site is now so large that I really do have to check. In the case of Naughty Nurse Jessica, I realized I had already posted it twice, as Doctor Cylon #53 and #141, so I consolidated the two as #53 and added the ten new versions the good Doctor has sent me the past year or two. #141 will be reassigned to the next new DC page. I mention all this because otherwise there might be some confusion as the Cylon gallery is the only one in which the individual webpages are numbered and #141 will soon bear a date much later than all the pages that followed it.

April's Spanking Search Report was pretty dismal:

Pages searched: 1766
Total: 637443
Comic Spankings: 1

That one is from Dixie Dugan #12 (1949 Publication Enterprises) – Brass Knuckles filler strip. M/M Father/Son Hand OTK. Young couple sees this family and decides not to marry. Reminded me of a Millie the Model story, but that one didn't have a spanking at all. (I did some research on Millie recently with some comics I picked up in 2018, but they had only one spanking that I had already seen and had finally learned the source of. Yes, we'll be seeing it eventually I hope.)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

About Next Week's (05/15) Updates

Post by web-ed »

I have mentioned before, without going into too many details I hope, that things have been very difficult for me the past couple of years. Nothing has changed in that area and I remain terribly overburdened and pretty much surrounded by problems on all sides. The lockdown continues, with Illinois having one of the bottom 5 worst government responses in the country (if you follow the news, you can name the other four without difficulty). Then the recent health problems of Phil O. and Phil S. have upset me greatly. Finally, tragedy struck twice last year and it appears ready to claim another who is close to me.

What that means is that I'm in no condition emotionally to work on CSR right now. The only reason this week's updates are appearing on time is that I had actually been working ahead and they were done a week ago, so all I had to do today was FTP the files. I may not be up to even that much next week. If there's no 05/15 update, that's why.

What I don't want is simply to give up the way so many other spanking sites have even though right at this moment I feel completely dead inside and nothing seems to matter. There's really only SpankBoss and I left out of the real old-timers, with Richard Windsor probably coming in next, and even he has been talking about giving up his blog although he renewed it recently for another year. Nor do I want to go on official "hiatus" because more often than not that seems to mean the site is never coming back (see Chross, for example).

So like Richard, I have renewed CSR for another year and promise not to simply disappear without warning or notice as long as I'm still alive. I should be back with new updates in a few weeks at most, if for no other reason than working on the site might fill some otherwise very empty hours when I'm able to do so again. Long term I really don't know what to tell you except that my preference has always been to keep going rather than give up.

See you soon.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Sorry to read how bad things are for you, mate. Where I am the Covid 19 has been kept fairly well under control with the exception of a luxury liner full of sick people who were let off in Sydney without proper clearance and some folk who returned from overseas holidays with the disease.

Like many Australians I have looked at the lack of action by your Government with concern. I hope you are feeling better soon.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed. Sorry to hear that you're going through such hard times.
web-ed wrote:Doctor Cylon revisits Julius Zimmerman's Naughty Nurse Jessica with ten brand-new versions!
It's always nice to see another Jessica picture.
web-ed wrote:We continue our series of contributions from Alan with a spanking advertisement in the New York Times.
I like this one. It's interesting that the artist just outlined the man, but he colored and shaded the woman. It almost looks like she's being spanked by a ghost. I've made a few slight modifications to make the man look even a little more ghostly:
ghost.jpg
ghost.jpg (112.85 KiB) Viewed 1340 times
web-ed wrote:What that means is that I'm in no condition emotionally to work on CSR right now. The only reason this week's updates are appearing on time is that I had actually been working ahead and they were done a week ago, so all I had to do today was FTP the files. I may not be up to even that much next week. If there's no 05/15 update, that's why.

What I don't want is simply to give up the way so many other spanking sites have...
I hope you can take some time off to regroup and deal with whatever problems you're facing. At the moment, I'm better off than a lot of people in the current situation. I don't have a relative or close friend who's been infected (Well... as far as I know. Testing is not being done around here.) If you keep this site open, I'll do what I can to take up the slack. I've got some new cartoons I've drawn that I plan on posting at a rate of about 7-9 panels a week. Mostly, I've been posting my stuff on Mondays.

I don't know exactly what you're going through, but I hope things get better for you.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Sorry to read how bad things are for you, mate. Where I am the Covid 19 has been kept fairly well under control with the exception of a luxury liner full of sick people who were let off in Sydney without proper clearance and some folk who returned from overseas holidays with the disease.

Like many Australians I have looked at the lack of action by your Government with concern. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Thanks very much, Willjohn.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

hugob00m wrote:Hi, Web-ed. Sorry to hear that you're going through such hard times.
web-ed wrote:Doctor Cylon revisits Julius Zimmerman's Naughty Nurse Jessica with ten brand-new versions!
It's always nice to see another Jessica picture.
web-ed wrote:We continue our series of contributions from Alan with a spanking advertisement in the New York Times.
I like this one. It's interesting that the artist just outlined the man, but he colored and shaded the woman. It almost looks like she's being spanked by a ghost. I've made a few slight modifications to make the man look even a little more ghostly:

ghost.jpg
web-ed wrote:What that means is that I'm in no condition emotionally to work on CSR right now. The only reason this week's updates are appearing on time is that I had actually been working ahead and they were done a week ago, so all I had to do today was FTP the files. I may not be up to even that much next week. If there's no 05/15 update, that's why.

What I don't want is simply to give up the way so many other spanking sites have...
I hope you can take some time off to regroup and deal with whatever problems you're facing. At the moment, I'm better off than a lot of people in the current situation. I don't have a relative or close friend who's been infected (Well... as far as I know. Testing is not being done around here.) If you keep this site open, I'll do what I can to take up the slack. I've got some new cartoons I've drawn that I plan on posting at a rate of about 7-9 panels a week. Mostly, I've been posting my stuff on Mondays.

I don't know exactly what you're going through, but I hope things get better for you.
Thanks, B00m, for the support you and Willjohn have expressed. I'm doing my best to cope. The site will certainly be open for another year since I've "paid the rent" on it so to speak, and I imagine and hope it will continue after that although I really should find a younger partner/successor to make sure it goes on after my departure as well as to help out in the interim. And I expect but can't promise that regular updates from me will continue, but as to form and frequency I just can't say yet. At some point, perhaps during Super-Spanking Summer, I certainly hope to get back to 2 updates per week.

And I'm certainly grateful for your offer to take up some of the slack. I know you've been doing a lot in that regard already although I haven't seen most of it (I've seen the attachment names in encrypted form on my FTP screen when I back them up, but I haven't seen the attachments themselves or the posts they're attached to).

I also like your alteration of the "ghost" cartoon and will add it to the page when I can.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB -ED So Sorry to hear that you are sick :cry: Hope you get better soon !!!! Jessica Rabbit should have been warn that Doctor Cylon like playing patty cakes in a different way :twisted: :lol: :lol: love how red her bottom is OUCH!!!! Good drawing!!!! The Men Clothing store spanking ad is Super even though it for fun the wife seem to be enjoying it and what a wonderful Christmas they are having Great Find 8-) 8-) Get Well and stay Safe!!!! Thanks for all the Great spankings from comic drawings and films 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Hi, Web-ed.
web-ed wrote: I really should find a younger partner/successor to make sure it goes on after my departure as well as to help out in the interim.
I would almost volunteer to take on that role... except that I'm not really enough younger. And I'm not good with coding. And there are other demands on my time. (During this "lock-down", my job is considered "essential", and so, I'm still working full-time hours.)

I hope you can find someone skilled and dedicated to help you run your site, and maybe eventually to take over. I would miss it if it went away.

In the meantime, I intend to contribute what I can when I can.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

I get the impression we are not exactly a young group. I am over 70, I don't know about the rest of you.
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

willjohn wrote:I get the impression we are not exactly a young group. I am over 70, I don't know about the rest of you.
I'm not 70 yet, but I'm very close. And I'm pretty sure a couple of other members are older than I am.
willjohn

Post by willjohn »

Good luck to you. ;)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

willjohn wrote:Good luck to you.
Thank you. I've been lucky so far. I'm healthy, fairly strong for my age, and I have someone who loves me.

As far as the current pandemic is concerned, my age puts me in a "high risk" group and I've been continuing to work in a retail store all this time. But we're using some precautions such as "social distancing" and I've worn a face shield on the job. I live in a city that isn't very crowded and not too close to a meat-packing plant.

I hope you'll stay lucky and healthy too.