Weekly Updates

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 08/17/2012

Post by web-ed »

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Humorama Update: We found the original version of a classic cop spanking by Dan DeCarlo.
  • Humorama Series #102 - Secretary Spanking #31. When her boss sees her bad spelling, a secretary is sent to the "S" file to fetch the spanking paddle! The last of our Kirk Stiles cartoons, this one was discovered by us and has never appeared on the web before.
Super-Spanking Summer II this week features the Batman villainess Poison Ivy:
  • First Ivy gets on the Harley Quinn spanking bandwagon (everyone else has), and then
  • she gets the same OTK treatment herself from Wonder Woman!
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by Tanner »

I saw that one(or a similar one) with the secretary and her bad spelling being told to look under S before, somewhere.Good you preserved it.
Always good to see Harley Quinn get it,on that sexy butt in those sexy tights. The Wonder Woman/Poison Ivy was good too. Her lasso as a spanking implemnt a very original idea.
Though I really prefer to see WW on the receiving end, like maybe with her little shorts wedgied up betwen her cheeks, getting spanked with own lasso on her naked butt.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

fascinating history on the cop spanking and i have to say that i see nothing wrong with one cartoonist borrowing an idea from another. i have borrowed ideas from Dave Wolfe several times and sometimes i even contacted him about it first :lol: . i have seen Dave borrow ideas too and i have got ideas and inspiration for toons from as many other cartoonists as i could. the idea of recycling toons seems like a good time saver to me too. i have never done that per se but i do regularly save poses for my characters and use them in a different toon with different people because it is a time saver. i notice that Boom will recycle certain poses for Katie in a different scene and i have seen Dave pull an onlooker from one Wofietoon to use in another so i guess i'm in good company :D . back to the cop spanking............other than the otk position which you already covered, i just have one comment. i wish DeCarlo had taken a bit more time and made the panties look a little more feminine. i love both the stance and the expression of the secretary who has just been ordered to go get the paddle :D . i do think that Covens Oz did a fine job of capturing the action in the Harley Quinn spanking. the spanker and spankee are both shapely and Harley has a nice bottom but that action just adds to the over all effect :D . as for the pic with Poison Ivy getting spanked..............seems like a fair turn around to me :lol: . more great updates. thanks, phil
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed:

Nice job, on finding that "original" toon showing the cop spanking some lovely lass in the moonlight. Hmm... Joker magazine in April 1957, you say? Sounds good to me. As posted, this toon has a slight flaw in the upper left corner, in the margin. I'm kind of anal about such things, so I have already corrected that slight shadow via Photoshop.

For a second there, I was going to ask you if, after all your intense research, you can definitively say that April of 1957 was the date of the earliest published spanking cartoon. That's before my thick head realized that there were published drawings in Hearst's old American Weekly and elsewhere long before the new age of humor cartoons from such mags as Joker, Breeze, Jest, Laff et alii....

Thanks, too, for mentioning my name in connection with the nightstick/no nightstick meme regarding that old Wenzel toon. It's true that the suggestion by DeCarlo's cop that he "should" use a nightstick to spank the naughty lady comes off as much more acceptable to the public than if he actually did use the stick. That would be police brutality, and I don't blame Abe Goodman for wanting to modify that old picture. His solution was not very artistic, of course, but now we have this DeCarlo toon, showing that this cop is using his hand to spank the lovely lady for some unspecified misstep and just joking about using the stick.

Cheers,
Dan
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB- ED CSR!! Like the classic cop spanking from Dan DeCarlo :lol: The only flaw I have is that the spankee seem to be more floating in air than over the cop`s lap :lol: another thing his palm is not open but cup! Like the scan version also bare bottom :lol: Kirk Stiles Secretary Spanking#31 is very humorous :lol: Always love the jokes from a Kirk Stiles`s drawing 8-) Only problem with this drawing is the out fit the secretary is wearing :x It would have been much much better if he had drew her in a more tighter fitting dress showing off her curves especially her bottom :lol: as much as I wanted to see her paddle the sexyness of seeing what he was going to paddle would have been great! :shock: The spanking of Harly Quinn by Posin Ivy is the BEST SUPER SPANKING I HAVE SEEN SO FAR 8-) 8-) next to The spanking of Batgirl by Robin :lol: Poor Harly would be doing much sitting for awhile :lol: Every thing on this drawing is great good otk position Harly full plump bottom up high giving Ivy a nice round target to smack with that paddle :lol: Also like the facial expression of pain on Harly face and anger on Ivy maybe she mad because Harley used a tree to make that paddle :lol: also love how Ivy is restraining Harley`s hand from reaching back to protect her buttocks from the burning slaps from the paddle meaning this is a real disciplinary spanking! :lol: 8-) The spanking of Ivy by WW is nice but more of a pleasure style spanking :D
hugob00m

Re: Weekly Updates for 08/17/2012

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:Humorama Update: We found the original version of a classic cop spanking by Dan DeCarlo.
Humorama Series #102 - Secretary Spanking #31. When her boss sees her bad spelling, a secretary is sent to the "S" file to fetch the spanking paddle! The last of our Kirk Stiles cartoons, this one was discovered by us and has never appeared on the web before.
I'm going to hate the day you run out of Humorama cartoons to post! Thankfully this is not that day! I'm glad to see a good, clear, High resolution scan of the Decarlo cop cartoon, and a Kirk Stiles cartoon that, you're right, I've never seen before. A ping pong paddle filed under "S" for spanking? Works for me!
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Updates for 08/17/2012

Post by web-ed »

On the latest super-spankings:
tanner wrote:Always good to see Harley Quinn get it,on that sexy butt in those sexy tights. The Wonder Woman/Poison Ivy was good too. Her lasso as a spanking implement a very original idea.
butch wrote:The spanking of Harly Quinn by Posin Ivy is the BEST SUPER SPANKING I HAVE SEEN SO FAR 8-) 8-) next to The spanking of Batgirl by Robin :lol: Poor Harly would be doing much sitting for awhile :lol: Every thing on this drawing is great good otk position Harly full plump bottom up high giving Ivy a nice round target to smack with that paddle :lol:
Glad these were well-received. I can't know in advance what will strike a chord with readers, so I simply try to post what I think are good or better items and let all of you decide what you like best. I've been doing at least one "Batman Family" spanking per week, and will continue to do so. I would have run out by the end of summer, but Mr. Jer has been doing some which many of you may already have seen that I've added to the files, and I can't say whether we'll exhaust them all this year or not. I've decided to wind up Super-Spanking Summer II on Sept. 28, at which point I'll have to decide whether to wait for Super-Spanking Summer III or just do more superhero stuff before next summer.

On the Humorama Series and spanking humor cartoons:
overbarrel49 wrote: back to the cop spanking............other than the otk position which you already covered, i just have one comment. i wish DeCarlo had taken a bit more time and made the panties look a little more feminine. i love both the stance and the expression of the secretary who has just been ordered to go get the paddle :D
I noticed that too, Phil - DeCarlo normally drew proper cami-knickers for our delectation. That may be one of the reasons why the first version I found had the panties removed - someone else didn't like them.

daneldorado wrote:For a second there, I was going to ask you if, after all your intense research, you can definitively say that April of 1957 was the date of the earliest published spanking cartoon. That's before my thick head realized that there were published drawings in Hearst's old American Weekly and elsewhere long before the new age of humor cartoons from such mags as Joker, Breeze, Jest, Laff et alii....
You've actually raised a number of interesting questions, Dan. The answer depends partly on what we mean by "spanking cartoon". You mentioned the American Weekly ones, and of course there were some interesting spanking postcards from the 1920's and even earlier! I think most of us have seen these (but just to make sure, I'll be posting them some time next year). I'm sure we also all remember that flapper spanking by the Devil from 1930 on the cover of that magazine with the spicy stories (see it in the Picture Gallery).

We'll go more deeply into this subject another time, but the earliest true spanking drawings and illustrations such as the ones in American Weekly seem quite purely disciplinary with no erotic overtones, while some of the spanking postcards must have been rather suggestive for the day but scrupulously avoided anything as blatant as OTK positioning. They all follow the basic Vaudeville pattern of having a pretty girl (or a big woman) bending over and a guy trying to work up the nerve to give her a sharp whack on the fanny. I think there's a good chance the slapstick humor was meant to forestall any too-blatant eroticism.

The OTK position, combined with an adult M/F pairing, seemed to change things in the minds of editors, and perhaps readers as well - it's more overtly a full-blown spanking with all the trimmings, you might say - and it wasn't necessarily pure discipline since the male looked as though he might have an ulterior motive. The first of these I can document was not Humorama, and dates from some time in early 1955. The earliest known Humorama OTK spanking cartoon is from July 1955. It was Bill Wenzel's (and Humorama's) first secretary spanking, also. It may be found here in CSR as Secretary Spanking #26 (out of necessity my secretary spanking numbering is not chronological).
hugob00m wrote:I'm going to hate the day you run out of Humorama cartoons to post!
So am I, b00m! The Humorama Spanking Cartoons were the largest and most important body of that kind of work in their day. In fact, there hasn't been anything like them since in the sense of one publisher printing spanking cartoons from so many different artists. The best of today's spanking artists is arguably as good as the Humorama stuff, but you won't find them under one publishing house, or even find a publishing house any more!

Anyway, I've got 14 cartoons left (plus some updates to ones already posted), so we won't run out before around Thanksgiving. And even after that, a small number might turn up, in which case the Humorama Series will be revived!
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed:

This gets more and more interesting. You say that

the earliest true spanking drawings and illustrations such as the ones in American Weekly seem quite purely disciplinary with no erotic overtones, while some of the spanking postcards must have been rather suggestive for the day but scrupulously avoided anything as blatant as OTK positioning. They all follow the basic Vaudeville pattern of having a pretty girl (or a big woman) bending over and a guy trying to work up the nerve to give her a sharp whack on the fanny. I think there's a good chance the slapstick humor was meant to forestall any too-blatant eroticism.

The OTK position, combined with an adult M/F pairing, seemed to change things in the minds of editors, and perhaps readers as well - it's more overtly a full-blown spanking with all the trimmings, you might say - and it wasn't necessarily pure discipline since the male looked as though he might have an ulterior motive. The first of these I can document was not Humorama, and dates from some time in early 1955. The earliest known Humorama OTK spanking cartoon is from July 1955.

All of this is very interesting to those of us with an interest in the history of published spanking images. You're right when you say that there were several early toons that suggested spankings but studiously avoided the OTK positioning. But I notice that you confined your message to only Humorama (and Humorama-like) cartoons. If I read you correctly, you are not considering any earlier comic OTK spankings, such as those we have seen from Superman, The Phantom, and Smilin' Jack... which I am fairly certain were published earlier than 1955.

In addition to drawings, of course there were several motion pictures with OTK spankings in them prior to the 1950s. The earliest over-the-knee spanking I can remember from movies is in Riddle Gawne (1918)... but the spanker (Williiam S. Hart) was a forty-ish male and the spankee was a 16-year old girl, Gertrude Short, who played his teenage niece in the film. That little detail may have been enough to forestall criticism from the censors.

But BEFORE Riddle Gawne, there were a number of on-screen spankings of young females; and you are absolutely right, none of them are over-the-knee, and they are all played for comic, not erotic, effect. Just off-hand, I can think of Mack Sennett spanking Virginia Kirtley in Mabel's Dramatic Career (non-OTK) in 1913, and Mabel Normand getting paddled by her on-screen parents in the short Mabel's Wilful Way (1915). And once, I actually FOUND a spanking film from 1903, Stage Struck, and ordered a copy of it in 16mm film, from the Library of Congress. Three girls are spanked simultaneously in that one, but all three are spanked under someone's arm, and NOT over the knee. By the way, in that 1903 short from the Thomas Edison Film Co., spankers and spankees are forever anonymous. But at least we have the scene on film.

There hasn't been enough written here, about the "difference" between OTK spankings and under-the-arm and bend-over positions. It should be obvious to all... but a spanking of a grown female by a grown male, over his knee, is powerfully suggestive of sexual foreplay, the way the spanking is carried out with their groins in close proximity. I'm not sure if the Humorama cartoonists really intended those spankings as foreplay, especially since many of them are between a young woman and her much older boss. But the idea is surely planted in the viewer's mind... and THAT, I'm pretty sure, is what disturbed the censors of movies and cartoons in the early 20th century.

As for the movies, by at least 1931 there seemed to be no moral objection to a real over-the-knee spanking, since a film released that year, The Cowcatcher's Daughter, shows a relatively lengthy OTK session between Andy Clyde and his grown daughter, played by Marjorie Beebe. It was comical, not sexual. But you could sense that the groundwork was being laid for later OTK scenes in movies of the late 1930s and the '40s.

Whew! You still reading? Sorry to ramble on for so long, but it's all your fault. You mentioned that OTK spankings were "blatant," and that sent my feverish brain into a dizzy scramble. I'll shut up for now.

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

daneldorado wrote:All of this is very interesting to those of us with an interest in the history of published spanking images. You're right when you say that there were several early toons that suggested spankings but studiously avoided the OTK positioning. But I notice that you confined your message to only Humorama (and Humorama-like) cartoons. If I read you correctly, you are not considering any earlier comic OTK spankings, such as those we have seen from Superman, The Phantom, and Smilin' Jack... which I am fairly certain were published earlier than 1955...

I notice that you confined your message to only Humorama (and Humorama-like) cartoons. If I read you correctly, you are not considering any earlier comic OTK spankings, such as those we have seen from Superman, The Phantom, and Smilin' Jack... which I am fairly certain were published earlier than 1955...

Sorry to ramble on for so long, but it's all your fault. You mentioned that OTK spankings were "blatant," and that sent my feverish brain into a dizzy scramble. I'll shut up for now.
That's o.k., Dan, this is a discussion forum after all, and the topic holds considerable interest. My only concern is that it may be somewhat misplaced here, so I may move it to another forum in the future. And I have copied your comments into my notes so I can easily refer to them when I write that future article, which we will have sometime next year after we first take a look at a series of non-Humorama spanking cartoons.

Yes, I was confining my remarks to only spanking illustrations and humor cartoons such as the Humorama ones, and not including ones taken from the comics which were indeed much earlier. (The first Phantom spanking was in 1938. Incidentally, when questions like this arise, allow me to brag a little and remind everyone I added a search-by-year capability to the Comics Spanking Data Base Search Page a while back. I just plugged in the years 1900 and 1940 to get all the comic-book and strip spankings that occurred in that time frame.)

Now, this is not the only approach that could be taken; certainly a comprehensive view would include all the popular arts such as comics and movies, so thanks for providing us with a refresher course (which we need) on early spankings in cinema. If we go that way, we can still consider the question of when exactly were depictions of spanking in popular media allowed to have erotic overtones? So I haven't decided yet whether to go that way or just follow the cartoon trail.

Either way, the question of positioning should be considered. Apart from being the favorite of spankos, OTK does seem to have been considered more blatantly erotic when the spanking is adult M/F, although I have one postcard from 1913 in which a husband turns his young wife OTK. It purports to be disciplinary, yet the wife has a suspicious smile :) on her face that makes me wonder. But the other early OTK scenes do seem to have taken pains to emphasize their disciplinary nature.

Now my only problem is finding the time to write the article... :|
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 08/24/2012

Post by web-ed »

For links to this week's updates please go to the Home Page by clicking on "Chicago Spanking Review" at the top of this or any other Forum page.
  • Humorama Update: Another version of a Kirk Stiles cartoon in which the spankee advises the smoking spanker to be "Careful with that ash!" This earlier caption was somewhat different, as we'll see.
    Humorama Series #103 - an unusual cartoon by Bill Power in which a motorist whacks a shapely pedestrian while signalling a left turn! This one is unique.
Super-Spanking Summer II:
  • Things go from bad to verse for Lois Lane as Tim has Superman take his belt to her bare bottom while reciting poetry! Another very unique idea - this must be our week for them.
  • And of course there's more spanking for Harley Quinn as she once again gets taken over the Joker's knee. This is a nice piece with subtle humor by an artist we haven't seen before at CSR, Artisticwitt.
Next week we're going to try to do the updates while on the road, something we've never attempted before. We'll revisit a Humorama "Paddling in the Gym" that Dan posted on the Forum earlier this year and see Batgirl and Harley Quinn exchange swats in a pair of cartoons by Joe Gravel. So hang on to your hats and hope our Wi-Fi works as we take a rare working vacation. :)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i was just looking at the Kirk Stiles cartoon. i can't figure out just what the spankee's attitude is. she appears a little irritated perhaps. i like the way the spanker has her dress pulled up and is holding it out of the way showing her entire lower half :D . you're right, neither caption is very good. i see what you mean about the compositional problems in the Bill Powers drawing but i am inclined to give him artistic license. for one thing, i like the expression on the young lady's face and also i enjoyed her position which allowed an up skirts shot :D . here is another example of a really well drawn, good looking woman but the man is more cartoony. as a matter of fact Powers seems to have paid little attention to anything else in the pic when drawing it............not that any one cares :lol: . personally, i thought the best part of Tim's offering this week was the "disapproval" by the comics code :lol: . i too like Harley Quinn's pouty expression. you mentioned that the skin tight outfit wasn't much protection so perhaps she's wishing she had worn several pairs of panties for more protection :lol: . you certainly find a great variety of drawings for your updates :D . keep up the good work. thanks, phil
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! Harley take over The Joker`s knees is good only Harley seem bored an unfaze by the Joker`s spanking her maybe he should take lesssons from Ivy :lol: Like the otk position although Joker`s legs is so far apart ! Harley is in the right position legs up with both of her shapely round buttocks in full view :lol: also love her skintight outfit perfect for being spanked in :D Always wonder did Stiles and the other artists wrote the jokes at Humorammer :?: :lol: anyway Kirk Stiles`s Careful with the ashes drawing is nice don`t know is this a punishment spanking or pleasure juding by what the lady is saying . seem that the husband is enjoying it by the way he is puffing that Cigar :lol: 8-) the over the knees position is way off look like the women is going to fall off his lap! next her knee is between his grion making this look painful for him :o she should have been laying flat! Notice she holding a hankerchief in her hand is this for her to use when crying? What a very shapely woman Bill Power drew to bad the man wasn`t drawn the same way :lol: Love how she is reacting to the smack on her bottom even though I don`t know how this guy could deliever such a smack from that angle :? Mostly it would be her front that`s hit! He should have been driving up behind her in one of those cars from England with the driver on the curve side :lol: Anyway like the drawing mainly because of the very curvy woman! Didn`t know Superman had a belt but he sure knows how to use it although i don`t he would spank a lady with it I believe he spank them over the knees :lol: This drawing is OK meaning we don`t see much of Lois face and the belt look more like a cane not flexable :lol: Like the position Lois in laying on the bed bare bottom up but the spanking seem kinda cruel unlike what Superman would do :shock: A Super belt I know that would hurt especially to a human OUCH!! :twisted:
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:This one is unique. It's a clever gag, but the inherent compositional problems are tough to lick. The way it's drawn, the spanker's car is in the distance and doesn't take up too much valuable space, but its momentum carries his hand into her body from the front, not the back.
MAYBE he smacked her so hard she spun around and ended up facing the other way...
web-ed wrote:The spankee here is drawn somewhat in the style of Al Capp.
moonbeam.jpg
moonbeam.jpg (20.83 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
There is a strong resemblance between the woman in the Bill Power cartoon and Al Capp's character, Moonbeam McSwine! But the guy in the car... uh... if anyone noticed him... he doesn't look as much like the way Al Capp drew his male characters. I'm thinking that Mr. Power, whoever he was, was good at mimicing other artists' styles, but didn't have a recognizable style of his own. The man driving the sportscar looks more like he belongs in a Herc cartoon... like this one.
herc 1a.jpg
herc 1a.jpg (47.76 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

overbarrel49 wrote:you certainly find a great variety of drawings for your updates. keep up the good work. thanks, phil
You're welcome, Phil. I search high and low - especially low - for these items, and it's my pleasure to bring them to the attention of my discerning audience. :)
butch wrote:Notice she holding a hankerchief in her hand is this for her to use when crying? Always wonder did Stiles and the other artists wrote the jokes at Humorama :?: :lol:
I always wondered about that handkerchief myself, Butch, and I mean going back to the late 70's when I found the thing! You'll notice she isn't crying about being spanked - either she's not easily affected by anything, or else she doesn't want him to know she likes it, or else she doesn't want him to know how much it hurts! But maybe she figured she'd be crying by the time it was over, so she decided to be prepared.

As to who wrote the gags at Humorama, it was the practice at that time for cartoonists to provide the gag using block letters just below the art. However, I know at least some of the gags were rewritten by Abe Goodman or possibly by whoever edited Humorama in its later days because I have seen photos of the original art with the caption changes usually written in the traditional blue pencil. But you have to figure that Goodman, quick as he was, would subject the gag to the minimum editing he felt was necessary due to time constraints (at its peak, Humorama seems to have published 10 or 12 bi-monthly digests!).

And as I mentioned recently in my article on the Big Five Plus One, Dan DeCarlo wrote his gags in the early days with the assistance of his long-time inker, Rudy Lapick, but stopped doing so at some point when Goodman agreed to dream up the gag line to go with DeCarlo's art. This arrangement was reached because DeCarlo thought he was doing too much work for too little money (he was right).

B00m: Thanks for providing that shot of Moonbeam McSwine. I had scanned one of my own, but then decided not to use it (can't remember why now). Here is the Bill Power cartoon again so everyone can follow the discussion, plus the drawing of Moonbeam I didn't use:
Moonbeam McSwine
Moonbeam McSwine
moonbeam_mcswine_113_al_capp.jpg (73.71 KiB) Viewed 4380 times
You can see the resemblance, just as you can with the Moonbeam you provided. You may well be right about Power being able to mimic others' styles without having much of his own. He was an infrequent contributor to Humorama, and nothing about his non-spanking cartoons ever really seemed memorable to me.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Weekly Updates for 08/31/2012

Post by web-ed »

An historic first this week as I did the updates while on the road (my exact location must remain a secret to preserve my dual identity!), thanks to the laptop I got last year. I managed to fit three real-life spankings in this week also, and six updates plus three spankings is pushing it a little, but sometimes you just have to sacrifice for the cause. ;)

The updates this week feature a cartoon Dan posted here on the Forum, plus two sets of swat exchanges between pairs of super-females! Wish I had more M/F super-stuff, but for some reason most artists seem to favor F/F pairings. We will, however, have some M/F super-spankings including a historic revelation during the month of September.
  • Humorama Update: Two more versions of the Herc Ficklen "Miss a payment, get a spanking" cartoon.
  • Humorama Series #104 - an instructor tries to convince a young woman that a paddling in the gym is an exercise popular with secretaries. This one was posted by Dan Rivera a while back, but we have more information on the artist now.

Super-Spanking Summer II features two pairs of super-females who spank each other:
  • First, Wonder Woman ties up Supergirl and spanks her well, then the tables are turned and it's Wondy's turn to feel the heat!
  • And from the Batman Family, Harley Quinn plays the bongos on Batgirl's butt, then Batgirl releases her pent-up frustrations by smacking Harley's rear nice and hard!
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Another great Humorama week. Honestly, I don't see how secretaries back in those days were ever able to sit down at their desks to type. Especially the girl who got that ferocious paddle over her skimpy panties this week. But just keep them coming.
The superheroine spankings were hot. Only thing is, the picture at the top of the opening pagebore a resemblance Betty and Veronica in superheroine costumes. (Now thats an idea that pair dress up as superheroines for a costume party and somehow wind up getting spanked).
Look forwatd to that annoucement you have.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Hiya Web-ed:

Another great set of updates this week, for which you have our undying thanks.

I really appreciate the huge amount of research you put into this, our favorite pastime. It can't be easy, dredging up these old cartoons from whatever source, then separating them by genre and cataloguing them before you post them here. Yet, you continue to delight your fans. May this mission of yours never end.

The first of your new toons, the one at the E-Z Finance Co. and showing a loan agent spanking a young woman who is late with a monthly payment, is one of my favorites. But the first time I saw it, years ago, I had conflicting thoughts, i.e., the caption says the agent is giving the young woman a "gentle reminder"... but although I enjoyed the humor of it, I thought: Hey, WHY "a gentle reminder?" Why not waive this month's payment for the chance to spank her? And I'm pretty sure that I have seen toons and also videos in which a young woman gives her creditor (like her landlord, for instance) the chance to spank her IN LIEU of this month's payment.

In one of the revised versions of the Herc cartoon, the picture is reversed and then animated. I suppose that the reversed image was intended to make the spanker a right-hander rather than a southpaw, as he is in the original. Like 90 per cent of our fellow humans, I too am right-handed. But I don't mind it at all, when I see a pretty girl getting spanked by a lefty. In fact, one of my most favorite spanking toons is the one where The Phantom meets Queen Pera, the lovely monarch who tried to have him kidnapped. She gets two spankings in that comic... one by The Phantom, who uses his left hand to warm the royal bottom, then another by her own Count Jorge, who spanks her with his right hand. Both spankings are equally enjoyable.

Probably The Phantom's creator, Lee Falk, intended this switch in order to keep his story "lively." In another story of The Phantom, the hero spanks the two girl bandits who operate as "The Sky Band." First, we see The Phantom spanking Sala over his knee with his left hand. When he's done with her, The Phantom tames her blonde partner, Margo, with his right hand. I must admit, I like this variety.

As you know, I am not a big fan of F/F spankings. I never buy F/F spanking videos, though I have a rather large collection of videos in which the male tames the female. But F/F seems to me to be unnatural, somehow. I know, I know, lots of your members like the girl-girl stuff, but I can't seem to get into it.

Your concluding feature this week shows us two pairs of super-femmes taking turns spanking each other. They are distinguished only in the fact that "Archangemon" shows real talent as an illustrator. As I say, to me this stuff is meh. But as always, I respect the opinions and tastes of all our members.

Cheers,
Dan
Last edited by daneldorado on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
butch46163@yahoo.com

HI WEB-ED CSR!!! The Super Spanking are nice but hope to see more male heros spanking naughty female heroines and villianesses :D The Supergirl spanks Wonder Woman drawing seem to me to play more on role play and humiliation instead of a straight up spanking :twisted: As much as i love the otk position WW is in I really think she can do away with the baby bib and diaper! Wished to see her spanked first in her stars panty and then bare bottom :lol: The second drawing of her spanking Super girl is ok but not very sexy when it comes to spanking ! Both Batgirl and Harley Quinn`s spanking drawing are great being the artist gave both lady big beautiful very well form bottoms :D 8-) and in the Harley Quinn spanks Batgirl bongo style drawing Harley should have used a ping pong paddle to spank with :lol: Love how Batgirl`s legs is restrained and bottom up high :lol: Now the Batgirl spanking Harley drawing my favorite being it otk 8-) Really love how Harley`s big rump is nearly bouncing off Batgirl`s lap :lol: Also notice that Batgirl`s tush isn`t firmly planted on that stoll either :lol: Great drawing! The Miss Payment drawing kinda reminds me of a true life spanking incedent the happen in the 80s where this banker spanked young women who was late with their loan payments :twisted: Anyway great drawing love the otk position the spankee is in with her shapely panty clad bottom thrush up high! also like the confuse facial expression on her face! THe animated version and the one in color are also great! Love the white panty she is wearing in the animated version the best! Seen THe paddling in the Gym Drawing before and wished the secretary have wore something more gym like instead of her panty and high heels shoe! But the humor is good and I love the paddle the trainer is holding :lol: Great job on this weeks drawing!! 8-)
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Great update this week! ...And I can clear up the animation question
Here'a a bare-bottomed animated version, similar to another early effort we've seen of Hugob00m's, although it might be by Jon (UASketcher). Apart from baring the bottom, the spanker's grin has been enhanced.
it was mine. You can tell by the kicking legs. I haven't seen any other animators that do that. And actually, I didn't bare her bottom... instead, I drew a pair of white cami-knickers like the ones that were popular in that era. I didn't like the checkerboard design that the original artist had drawn on her panties.
daneldorado wrote:In one of the revised versions of the Herc cartoon, the picture is reversed and then animated. I suppose that the reversed image was intended to make the spanker a right-hander rather than a southpaw, as he is in the original. Like 90 per cent of our fellow humans, I too am right-handed. But I don't mind it at all, when I see a pretty girl getting spanked by a lefty. In fact, one of my most favorite spanking toons is the one where The Phantom meets Queen Pera, the lovely monarch who tried to have him kidnapped. She gets two spankings in that comic... one by The Phantom, who uses his left hand to warm the royal bottom, then another by her own Count Jorge, who spanks her with his right hand. Both spankings are equally enjoyable.
I'm not sure why it's reversed. I think maybe the copy I used may have already been turned around. As you know, I have nothing at all against lefthanded spankers, since Bullmoose and Mr. Argyle both like to use their left hands to warm Katie's backside!
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

hi web-ed,

i have to agree with you that this "gentle reminder" of a missed payment is both practical and fun :lol: ...........much better than a repo for sure. Boom, thanks for the animated version. i love the kicking legs and i couldn't help but notice that you went to the additional trouble of having his hand land first one one cheek and then the other. quite delightful :D . i also like the white panties better. the spanker is obviously having a great time in your version too ;) . the spankee seems to have a wide eyed innocence to me which i thought added to the overall effect. i certainly like the idea of the spanking in the gym even though the spankee seems to be having some doubts about it :lol: . i have to agree that she is poorly drawn although her bottom seems to be nicely shaped. i appreciate your observations and speculation about the artist and i think it's all good food for thought. i was looking at Wonder Woman spanking Supergirl. there do seem to be a lot of folks out there who are fantasizing about superhero spankings. in this one i'm guessing that WW has to use that lasso to overcome Supergirl's powers so she can administer the spanking. i have to agree with you that i could do without the diaper and bib when it's WWs turn to be on the receiving end. too bad the original size of this one is so small. i like the gag in the Harley Quinn spanks Batgirl cartoon :lol: i like Batgirl's expression too............she seems to be saying, "how can i think about the game with you stinging my butt" :lol: . i like the second toon by Joe Gravel too. at first i was wondering why Harley's bottom was drawn so flat but after some further consideration i think it actually goes very nicely with the motion of Batgirl's arm. she smacked her so hard it just flattened her bottom :lol: another nice set of updates. i really appreciate all your work on these. thanks, phil