articles

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
jimc

articles

Post by jimc »

I loved the article about father daughter spanking and it did bring back memories and i really liked your references and your research was really great. Thank you for posting it.
JIm
hugob00m

Re: articles

Post by hugob00m »

I agree. It was a very informative and well-written article. Thank you for posting it.

The description of the plot of Commedia dell’ Arte makes me think that the film, McLintock! owes more of it's story to that play than it does to The Taming of the Shrew.

In The Taming of the Shrew, there are two daughters. The youngest has no shortage of suitors, but by custom, she cannot be married until her spoiled older sister has a husband. There's nothing like that in McLintock!

In Commedia dell’ Arte there is only one daughter, who has a strict, but loving father, and is courted by two young men, one that her father approves of, and the other that she thinks is more refined and charming. That is the same situation that arises in McLintock! with Becky, Matt, and Devlin. Of course, as we all know, Becky doesn't get a spanking from her father, but rather from the suitor that her father prefers...

The spanking given to the daughter's middle-aged, but still attractive mother apparently has nothing to do with either play.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Article on Father/Daughter Spankings

Post by web-ed »

Glad you both liked it. I'd like to make clear that while I write almost everything on the main site, this article was written by Michael Gray. All I did was a little copy-editing and a whole passel of coding!
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Re: articles

Post by hugob00m »

Yes, I appreciate Michael Gray's research and the writing of this educational and fun article, and I certainly don't want to give the wrong impression that you were taking credit for his work. After all, you did put his name on the top of the page with the title. I was just thanking you for finding the article and making it available to us.