X/M Issues - Should These Be Posted?

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
daneldorado

X/M Issues - Should These Be Posted?

Post by daneldorado »

[Note: I split and moved these two posts from the old "Captain Woodshed 2 Thumbs Up" topic in June 2011 -- Web-Ed.]

Web-Ed wrote:

So should I post the F/M and M/M ones or not? In most cases, these were new finds (to the best of my knowledge) that had never appeared on the net before

I realize that you are trying to do the democratic thing, and post whatever appeals to the majority of your readers. That said, I must point out that in every single poll I have ever seen regarding spanko preferences, the M/F configurations wins, HANDILY, every time!

I think you mentioned earlier that "Dan does only M/F cartoons." And that's true, because to me, M/F is the ONLY LOGICAL arrangement. In general -- please note that I say "in general" -- men are stronger than women, therefore if the spanking is non-consensual, you would expect that the stronger person (the male) would spank the weaker one (the female). Besides, the very first on-screen spanking I ever saw was M/F, years ago in a fuzzy black & white movie on TV. It was either "There's Magic in Music" (Allan Jones spanks Susanna Foster) or "Public Deb No. 1" (George Murphy gives a terrific walloping, in public, to snobby socialite Brenda Joyce.) And seeing those images when one is very young, is powerfully persuasive.

And, of course, the most iconic spanking I ever saw on screen featured John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara in "McLintock." In that film, there was NO DOUBT who was the male, and who was the female!

Of course I am not including scenes involving children. It is perfectly normal to expect that mothers spank their young sons when the child needs correction. But that subject is not within the scope of this discussion.

So, Web-Ed, if you have some F/M or M/M pics, I would urge you to post them -- if you must -- with plenty of advance warning, before some of us M/F devotees open them by mistake.

As for F/F, I know there is a lot of that, and it does not disrupt my preconceptions about which sex is stronger, because here both persons are of the same gender. But as a proud heterosexual, I generally stay away from F/F depictions unless it's a scene where two girls take turns spanking each other.

Wow, have you really read this far? Sorry. I get carried away when there's a subject worth discussing at length. Anyhow, Web-Ed, give my regards to all the M/F fans out there, will you? They are the ones that prop up this wonderful and fascinating fetish.

Cheers,
Dan N.
web-ed
Site Admin

Phantom spanks Wonder Woman, and F/M & M/M

Post by web-ed »

Dan,

First, thanks for posting your Phantom/Wonder Woman 'toon! Your choice of this pair is logical (and overdue, yet no one else has thought to do it), and your OTK positioning is exemplary, as always. (And of course you used her old costume!) Anything else you want to post this way should work out fine.

Now on to the various spanking orientations. (Note: readers who don't know who Dan is can rest assured that as might be expected from his cinematic references, he is a thoroughgoing expert on spanking in cinema. In fact, if we remember rightly he edited the Cinema Swats videos, still the best collection of their type). I agree with you that M/F is the backbone of the spanking industry. Majorities of both males and females prefer this orientation, which is why, for example, Girls Boarding School is thriving while Boys Boarding School seems to be hanging on by a thread. I also agree with you that M/F is the most logical (I would add "natural") arrangement. And while it is certainly true that any depiction of a non-consensual F/M spanking strains credibility (although there have been some), I would suggest there's more to it than that - there's a reason why most consensual spanking in real life is also M/F.

The fact is that the sexual psychology of males and females differ, with the male normally dominant and the female normally submissive. It can be shown that this is a byproduct of the differing reproductive strategies of male and female as they have evolved over millions of years, and I have taken this line of thought further to explain why most males into spanking are Tops and most females are Bottoms. Unfortunately, my theories are too lengthy to expound here, but eventually I will post them in the Articles Section (I know, I've been promising that for two years, but one of these days I really will get to it).

Back to F/M and M/M items on CSR: I'm not really worried about the majority view - if I were, I could certainly safely confine myself to M/F, since, as we agree, this is the orientation desired by most spankos. It's that I feel I have some obligations to the minorities who prefer (or at least have a significant interest in) the other orientations. I've always had sympathy for the F/M guys, not with their point of view but for the many problems they face because this orientation runs counter to the expectations of most women. However, that subject is also too lengthy to get into here.

I think your suggestion of a "warning notice" is a good one, and I will adopt it in the future. I've held back on some of the F/M stuff (I have 8 drawings from Franco and one each from Bill Ward and Kirk Stiles) simply because I wasn't sure how to present it. I think your solution is a good one and should satisfy everyone. Where I have a description below each thumbnail, I will add "(F/M)" or "(M/M)" as a warning notice.

For the comics items specifically, I will follow these rules as they evolved during my Golden Age search:

1. Child spankings will only be recorded in the Data Base and will not be posted in the galleries.
2. All (adult) M/F spankings will be posted in the galleries (and of course go into the DB).
3. F/M spankings will be assessed on a case-by-case basis as far as going into the galleries (and will always go into the DB). If a superheroine is giving the spanking, that will be considered a strong reason to include it.
4. M/M spankings will only be posted if the spanker is a super-hero, but all will go into the DB. I've run into a whole mess of father/son stuff in the Golden Age books that I just don't see as being of much interest. Some of the male superhero stuff will show up in the next installment of "Weird Spankings". [Modified 09/13/2010 - I've run into so many M/M panels with Capt. Marvel Jr. that I'm no longer going to post M/M automatically even if it's super-hero. Instead, I'll consider them on a case-by-case basis.}
-- Web-Ed