Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I really don't know why I've waited so long to activate the Avatar facility for this board - I suppose I bypassed it for the sake of simplicity when I first installed the board two years ago and then just forgot about it. But a few graphics might lighten up the text-heavy look of the board, especially where spanking images are involved! My own avatar, by the way, is The Spanker from the Howard The Duck Treasury Edition (1976) which I've also used elsewhere. He's roasting marshmallows for reasons that don't concern us here, but you'll notice he has his trusty paddle in a holster on his left side, just as my own paddles are never too far away ;) .

O.K., so how do you get your own avatar? Well, first you have to create one: you can draw your own if you have that kind of skill, or you can crop part of a picture or drawing using the software of your choice. You want your avatar to be roughly square, with these limitations:
Min size: 20px by 20px
Max size: 90px by 90px
Max File Size: 6KB

"px" means pixels. Your graphics software should tell you the size of your avatar in pixels (even Microsoft Paint, which is included with Windows, can do this). You can get a JPEG file down to this size with sufficient compression as I did, or you can make it even easier on yourself by using the GIF format which is ideal for things like this.

Next, you must either upload your avatar to this board or else link to it if you can upload it somewhere else, like Image Titan. You do this from your User Control Panel (UCP). Here's a couple of screen shots to help you (linked avatar shown; to upload to this board directly from your computer click the browse button instead):
How your UCP looks when you are first editing your avatar.
How your UCP looks when you are first editing your avatar.
ucp_avatar_1.gif (267.25 KiB) Viewed 55088 times
How your UCP looks when you have specified the link location of your avatar and its size in pixels.
How your UCP looks when you have specified the link location of your avatar and its size in pixels.
ucp_avatar_2.gif (152.47 KiB) Viewed 55088 times
Finally, click the "Submit" button to update your profile. If you're really having trouble you can send me a PM or email and I'll try to help you.
Last edited by web-ed on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fix broken link to HTD spanking scene.
-- Web-Ed