It's CSR's Anniversary!

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Our 14th Anniversary

Post by web-ed »

April is here, and with it CSR's 14th Anniversary. Yes, it was 14 years ago on a date in April future scholars will long struggle to identify (because I forgot to record it :oops: ) that I uploaded the first few pages and launched the site. Perhaps it's just as well that 14 is sort of an odd anniversary (though an even number) because I simply haven't been able to produce any special feature this year due to lack of time. What I'd like to do is write a series of relatively short posts in a new topic talking about what I'd like to do with CSR and how much of that is likely to come to fruition in the foreseeable future. But let's take a quick inventory here first:

current CSR page counts

articles - 29
db - 3
comicspage - 337
comicspage2 - 366
doc cylon - 178
events - 1
fiction - 30
gallery - 188
home - 3
humor - 327
video - 39

Total - 1501

On the board: 11,000 posts with 2800 picture files attachments,
314 linked images by me, and an unknown number by Dan!

These are impressive numbers, certainly, although we can see that the total number of pages on the main site hasn't grown very quickly since we had 1234 four years ago, which translates into 67 new pages per year or only a little more than 1 per week. The Bulletin Board has grown much more quickly, and the reason is obvious: I've got a lot of help over here, whereas I have to individually write and code each new page on the main site. Also, when I merely update an existing page of course the total page count doesn't increase (only the word count ;) !).

CSR's strengths and weaknesses flow mainly from these basic facts: we have an awful lot of great spanking material here with more to come in the future thanks to the assistance of too many people to name and of course my own not-insignificant efforts. On the other hand, we're still something of a one-man-band type of operation, with a single person doing all the technical work along with much of the writing and editing. This limits our rate of growth, but perhaps that's not too much of a problem. In another post we should consider the appeal of CSR and whether it extends to younger generations, since many of us have reached or are rapidly approaching an age at which we could be grandparents.

O.K., I want to keep these posts short so I'll just sign off with my continuing promise that no matter how hard things may be, I intend to continue with CSR as long as I'm around, although at some point I'm going to need an apprentice, which will make for a very interesting job description :lol: .
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: It's CSR's Anniversary!

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CSR!!!!!!!!! When I first found this site I couldn`t believe what I was seeing plenty of spanking from comic books and magazines 8-) 8-) :D :D :D growing up a spanko I always loved comic books and search many of them for spankings :twisted: :twisted: CSR you guys did a Fantastic job finding nearly every spanking in comic ever old and new 8-) 8-) :D :D :D plus the info to go along with them your really know your spanking omic :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope to see many more years of CSR !!! THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

butch46163@yahoo.com wrote:HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CSR!!!!!!!!! When I first found this site I couldn`t believe what I was seeing plenty of spanking from comic books and magazines 8-) 8-) :D :D :D growing up a spanko I always loved comic books and search many of them for spankings :twisted: :twisted: CSR you guys did a Fantastic job finding nearly every spanking in comic ever old and new 8-) 8-) :D :D :D plus the info to go along with them your really know your spanking omic :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope to see many more years of CSR !!! THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're welcome, Butch, and thank you for the kind words. :D
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Happy Anniversary CSR!

I can't remember when I first laid eyes on this excellent website, but I was truly amazed to find that someone out there -- i.e., YOU -- had the same perverted fetish that I myself have nursed for lo, these many years!

I spent most of the 20th century quietly dreaming up scenes of males spanking gorgeous females over their knees. Occasionally -- TOO occasionally -- a scene like that would pop up on our movie and TV screens, and the world seemed like a happier place, for a while. But as the deadly scourge of Feminism gained traction, the number of scenes of male/female spankings began to dwindle. Like most spankos, I began to fear that those lovely scenes would disappear forever. But then, you created the Chicago Spanking Review and the world woke up to find that M/F scenes, properly displayed, could brighten our days again.

As I say, I don't know when I first saw CSR, but trust me it is the most glorious jewel on the Internet.

Happy Anniversary!

Cheers,
Dan
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO CSR :D . I don't know about everyone else, but I am entirely satisfied with the rate of growth of CSR and I think you're doing a great job ;) . I have a hunch that if we were growing much faster, our members wouldn't be able to keep up with everything anyway. Thanks for all the hard work. Phil
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

Congratulations on your anniversary! I missed out on the very beginning of C.S.R. but I've been around since 2010, and I'm glad you're still going!
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Thanks so much everyone, and for all you yourselves have contributed. :D
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

yes it always amazing that CSR has been around that long. I cannot remember when i 1st laid eyes on CSR either it was just great to be able to find a spanking site about the comics, humorama and other fun things (artists) so i would like to thank all that contribute and show you where to find lost gems. Thanks for a wonderful 14 years and hope you find an able apprentice or for that matter a nice secretary that likes Dan Decarlo and Homers take on their work conditions. Have a great day.
Jim
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

jimc wrote:yes it always amazing that CSR has been around that long. I cannot remember when i 1st laid eyes on CSR either it was just great to be able to find a spanking site about the comics, humorama and other fun things (artists) so i would like to thank all that contribute and show you where to find lost gems. Thanks for a wonderful 14 years and hope you find an able apprentice or for that matter a nice secretary that likes Dan Decarlo and Homers take on their work conditions. Have a great day.
Jim
Thanks, Jim, for your long support :D ! And I love your suggestion about a secretary - imagine what her job description would look like: "Must be willing to accept OTK spankings for any spelling errors and to bend over her desk to receive paddle-swats for any other screw-ups..." :lol: Wonder how many women would apply for the job :?:
-- Web-Ed