2018 Self-Evaluation Part 2 - Videos

Let us know what you think about the site - what we're doing right or wrong, what you'd like to see, and any questions you might have. We'll toss some of our own thoughts and opinions in as well, including notes on the Weekly Updates at the main site.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

2018 Self-Evaluation Part 2 - Videos

Post by web-ed »

Although CSR has never particularly emphasized video content, once I started offering it in 2010 we managed to accumulate a fair number of spanking videos, including some from 60's TV series that I pulled off the air or from DVD's. Some of these were especially valuable in my view because they either weren't available elsewhere (I Spy, The Dick Van Dyke Show) or were only available in low-quality format (the one from Route 66). I haven't been very good with recent television because I have so little interest in it, but these old videos are real gems in my opinion.

And I have a lot of video content ready to go, including another Batman scene for Super Spanking Summer, and lots of female bar paddlings waiting on the editing computer. But there's a problem.

Everyone has heard me complain about the difficulties of web page video players, and I'll state once again how irritating it is that something as important as video content on the web has not been more standardized. There are different file formats, players, codecs, and worst of all from my point of view, a lot of bad coding examples out there. It is very difficult for me to find basic information on how to code a Flash Player, thus I have chosen to use an embedded Windows Media Player for the past 8 years.

And it's worked well enough unless you don't use a PC or have the Internet Explorer browser. But now Microsoft is discarding Active-X controls as of the next version of IE, which means their own Player isn't going to work on my existing web pages. Thus what I have always feared has come to pass - a need to renovate old pages - but at least the number of pages is relatively small once I solve the basic coding problem. Meanwhile, I think I have downloadable versions of each video on the respective pages, so CSR readers can and should download them and play them at home.

An announcement will be made when the revised pages are ready and we can all happily watch some more paddles in swift motion on the way to their targets :lol: !