Dan's Computer Problems

Board-wide announcements of general interest will be posted here. There may also be forum-specific announcements which will be marked as such and posted under the appropriate forum.
web-ed
Site Admin

Dan's Computer Problems

Post by web-ed »

In case anyone is wondering what's happened to Dan, I'm happy to report that he's fine but his computer isn't. As an outgrowth of his computer problems, he deleted and then re-established his UserID as "daneldorado" here. He's still having some difficulties, but we're going to get them straightened out, and he just wanted everyone to know he'd be commenting if he could. His old posts no longer show his avatar or the "email" or "pm" buttons anymore, because to the board, the old "daneldorado" is just a text string that it doesn't associate with any current User ID. Dan's new posts, once he's able to make them, will have his avatar and buttons.
-- Web-Ed
willjohn

Re: Dan's Computer Problems

Post by willjohn »

Good luck with your "FRED" ( f#cken ridiculous electronic device ) Dan, they can be bastards. hope to see you back soon.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

willjohn wrote:Good luck with your "FRED" ( f#cken ridiculous electronic device ) Dan, they can be bastards. hope to see you back soon.
Yes, I'm afraid that "FRED" is indeed acting up again, which is why we haven't heard from Dan lately. I'm on the case, and I hope we'll have Dan back again shortly.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Everyone will be glad to know that Dan is back with us - hooray :D ! We've missed him and hope that perhaps this new version of phpBB will be more resistant to whatever was causing his login difficulties.
-- Web-Ed
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Thanks a million, Web-ed, for mentioning my computer problems on your main site. I didn't think anyone even remembered me, but I guess you did... and I'm so glad.

Yeah, I may have been the first CSR member who noticed that access to the site had gone away. At first, I thought I was the only one affected by the hack, since I could still see the website. But a day or so later, you posted your announcement and I feared the CSR would be down for a long time. So it seemed, but in just 24 hours you and your genius helpers had all the files restored, and life was happy again. 8-)

And just in time too, because I have been avidly following Overbarrel's splendid illustrated novel "A Family Tradition." Wow, this is a good one! Not that anything Overbarrel does is ever "not" good... no, but this story is arguably a spanking classic. For those of you not familiar with this work, it is a story in which two ladies are spanked---a mother of about 40 and her daughter, who's maybe 20. So far, we have seen the daughter, Tina, get spanked by her husband. Now Tina's dad is spanking his comely wife (Tina's mom) ... for the SECOND TIME!

You probably know that my fetish is M/F, especially over-the-knee spankings. But my secondary fetish is seeing attractive "older" ladies getting a good spanking. Not ancient crones, but the kind of women that maintain their beauty even into their late 30s or early 40s. Maybe that's why I am such a big fan of Phil's earlier story "One Good Turn." THAT one, you may remember, deals with a lovely young woman and her attractive mother BOTH getting spanked, and it has a rousing good climax that may never be topped!

This talk of fortyish women getting spanked may inspire thoughts of Maureen O'Hara, who was 43 years young when she went over The Duke's lap for a spanking in "McLintock" (1963). But the great Marika Rokk was 49 when she was turned over the lap of Peter Alexander for a good spanking, in "Hochzeitsnacht im Paradies," in 1962. For those who haven't seen any Marika Rokk films, know that she was a beautiful and charming star of German musicals in the 1940s... so you know she was plenty good-looking, even as she closed in on age 50.

Love your work, Phil. And again, many thanks to you, Web-ed!

Cheers,
Dan