Wonder Woman

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: What the world truly needs is...[Wonder Woman]

Post by web-ed »

Bawdy Bard wrote:My only problem is who should be the spanker. Batman from the Justice League series or Steve Trevor from the Wonder Woman movie. What do you all think?
I'm inclined to agree with what John said earlier, which was that it should be Trevor because he's been waiting the longest for a chance to spank her. On the other hand, having Wonder Woman spanked by Batman, or having her run the gauntlet of paddle-wielding Justice Leaguers has an enormous appeal for me. In fact, it's not just us spankos who think Wonder Woman should be spanked. Here's an excerpt I took from a vanilla bulletin board, the topic being "How should WW be punished for killing Max Lord?" and the interesting thing was that there was general agreement among all these non-spankos that the only possible punishment would be spanking! This line of discussion then led to this post:
----------------------------------------
Re: who shoud spank wonder woman?
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 6:22 AM

Superman: You killed Max Lord, Diana. You must be punished for violating one of our most sacred rules.

Wonder Woman: I've been a naughty super heroine. I guess I deserve a spanking.

TRUMPLETRUMPLETRUMPLE!!!

Every Leaguer stands in line. Black Canary hands out the special paddles. Hawkman refuses one and prefers to use his metal glove the fabled Claw Of Horus. Green Lantern, all FOUR of them, are busy forming giant hands with their power rings. Green Arrow FINALLY gets to test the Switch-Arrow that he never got to use on Dinah [that is, Black Canary - web-ed]. before

Batman: So THAT'S why you did it. Diana, you nut.

Wonder Woman: [ Giggle ]

Suprman: Dang it. I would have to be a married man.

Batman: Justice must be served, Boy Scout.

Wonder Woman: ( Bending over and shaking the goods .) So start servin'.
-------------------------------

Some obvious commission material here - this is great stuff :) - although it would be expensive to have so many characters drawn.
-- Web-Ed
jimc

Post by jimc »

Yes that would be an exciting meeting in the halls of justice to be sure. Maybe we should have a valentines spanking party where the non-super boyfriends get to spank their super-girlfriends(steve trevor/wonder woman; dick malvern spanking supergirl( now there was an intresting relationship Dick dating Linda and Supergirl dating all the other super heroes (brainiac 5, jerro etc) or where the super hero men spank their non-super girlfriends (superman/lois lane;green lantern spanking carol ferris; flash spanking iris west; atom spanking jean loring etc) .
Jim
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

I have seen a story where Superman gave Wonder Woman a bare bottom spanking, complete with a picture. The funny thing was it included Batman watching and holding his hands over Robin's eyes, presumably so he wouldnt see what he shouldnt.
I would love to have seen Steve Trevor give her a spanking as Diana Prince. On one ep she was in a rather highcut in the back one-piece black bathing suit. Loved to have seen him turn that slice of exposed cheek fiery crimson.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Tanner wrote:I have seen a story where Superman gave Wonder Woman a bare bottom spanking, complete with a picture. The funny thing was it included Batman watching and holding his hands over Robin's eyes, presumably so he wouldnt see what he shouldnt.
I'm not sure where that Supes/Wonder Woman story came from, but I remember the picture well - it was by Endart, with Supes taking WW OTK and pulling her panties down while holding a lexan-like paddle with a big star on it in his other hand! I've got it in my collection but never posted it because I thought I might have originally been from Endart's members-only galleries (not where I got it). There is a rumor that Endart is closing down, but I haven't been able to confirm.

The bit with Batman covering Robin's eyes was cute, but how will the boy be able to follow in Batman's footsteps if he doesn't learn how to spank? Actually, I just posted Weird Spankings #8 today in which Batman and Robin are administering simultaneous spankings - and this came from an actual comic book! And I have found another weird spanking with Robin using two electrified paddles - and this looks genuine as well! Wild!
-- Web-Ed
John Feer

Wonder Woman

Post by John Feer »

Here is a concept I can't get out of my head, Wonder Woman tearful, penitent, star spangled panties down exposing her freshly spanked backside, she peers over her shoulder at Steve Trevor reclining in his chair chatting happily on the phone with the Minister, setting the date for the wedding.
Oh and on his desk a big hairbrush.
:D
I do love my role Silver Age reversal scenarios...

JF
Tanner

Re: Latest Wonder Woman is great!

Post by Tanner »

Or how about this? Steve Trevor spanks Diana Prince. She came across as rather prim and uptight. Love to imagine her going over his knee.
Recall one TV episode where she was at the beach and wearing a quite highcut in the back black one-piece bathing suit.Would have loved to see her get spanked in that and see the reddened skin of her lower cheeks peeking out.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: Latest Wonder Woman Spanking Ideas

Post by web-ed »

More good ideas. John, I modified your earlier Trevor/Wonder Woman idea in the CSR Commission List to include this.
Tanner, I added your idea of having her spanked in the guise of Diana Prince. My only "concern" is that I prefer bare bottoms, and if Trevor spanks her that way, would it be clear to the viewer that Diana is WW? Maybe he could raise the prim skirt of her Air Force uniform, then lower those famous star-spangled panties to her knees and get to work! The viewer would see the glasses, perhaps, and the panties and make the connection.

Now, is he spanking her as Diana Prince for having deceived him so long, or for some office-related screw-up (reminds me of all those secretary spanking cartoons I've been running lately)? If the latter, he could spank her all the harder once the sight of those panties gives away her long deception - what a delightful way for a superheroine's secret identity to be exposed! (Among other things). "Lt. Prince (can't remember if this is her correct rank), you sent Squadron 69 to the wrong base. Come into my office at once, and bring your hairbrush with you!"
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Wonder Woman - Still Spankin' After All These Years

Post by web-ed »

Yes, WW is still spankin' away - sort of. Wonder Woman #41 (April 2010) has several off-camera spankings, which at first glance seems remarkable in this day and age. A closer look reveals this is nothing to get either angry or enthusiastic about (depending on your point of view), so instead of creating a new web page in the Comics Gallery, I'm just going to present the relevant panels and a mini-review of the issue here.
Cover of Wonder Woman #41
Cover of Wonder Woman #41
ww41_cover.jpg (54.59 KiB) Viewed 7448 times
Now I admit I came into this story in the middle - I've been away from comics for a long time, and haven't read DC for at least 15 years - but here's what seems to be happening. The Sons of Ares (they seem to be actual blood sons and not just some cult), possessing mind-control powers, are trying to foment violence and war among the public (what they hope to gain isn't clear from reading just this issue). Wonder Woman has a big fight with Power Girl, who seems to be under their control, but brings her to her senses and sends her to calm the public while she (WW) deals with the boys. Protected against their powers by having PG bind her with her own magic lasso, WW confronts the boys and declares her intention to "mete out a punishment you will remember".
Wonder Woman seizes a son of Ares
Wonder Woman seizes a son of Ares
ww41_bythethroat.jpg (87.59 KiB) Viewed 7448 times
The boys respond:
You can't do this!
You can't do this!
ww41_youcantdothis.jpg (332.54 KiB) Viewed 7448 times
Meanwhile, Power Girl, having fortified herself by gulping down eight hot dogs(!), has managed to calm the maddened crowd with an incredibly banal speech ("Be part of something bigger" - is PG spouting tripe like that because she's planning to run for public office?). Gorilla Grodd lends a hand (is he a good guy now?), knocking one of the bad boys into a wall - who tipped him off I can't say. In the last scene, PG and WW get together for some mutual ego-stroking, and PG asks, "What was this punishment you threatened them with?" Peculiar phrasing, since PG should already know that WW did more than threaten, and earlier herself said that she supports corporal punishment "huge", but anyway WW responds:
I gave them all a good hard spanking!
I gave them all a good hard spanking!
ww41_lastpage.jpg (186.61 KiB) Viewed 7448 times
As I said above, there's no reason to be upset by the spanking, since these boys were trying to indirectly cause the deaths of many people, and WW also tells us she's sending them to Amazon Reform School (you want to bet on whether corporal punishment is used at this institution?). But there's also no reason to start singing "Happy Days Are Here Again" on the theory that we're going to be treated to the kind of bondage and spanking scenes that made Wonder Woman so notorious way back when - the whole spanking episode is timid and unconvincing, the product of wanting to have your artistic cake and eat it too.
[To be continued in part 2]
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Still Spankin' After All These Years - Part 2

Post by web-ed »

Now, everyone at DC must be perfectly well aware of Wonder Woman's history, and they must have seen at least a few of the many bondage and spanking panels in her comics during Charles Moulton's tenure on the strip, so it would be understandable if they injected into a new story the barest possible hint that Diana is into this stuff. But they didn't do that - they try to titillate the readers by making it clear that a spanking took place, but they haven't the guts to actually show it. They are counting on readers who like spanking to buy this issue (worked in my case), but they haven't the courage to show any character feeling the same way. Thus, WW in describing the spanking to PG declares, "They didn't much care for it" - a classic case of protesting too much. The writer, Gail Simone, is going out of her way to make sure we realize that WW isn't into spanking, nor are her spankees, while all the time counting on spankos who expect the reverse to buy the book! Like so much else in this book, the spanking is gratuitous. Let us enumerate some of the other superfluous events and depictions:
  • 1. WW and PG slug it out for several pages. Oooh - catfight!
    2. PG wolfs down eight hot dogs - yucchh! This scene made me feel like a 15-year-old kid who reads his first Playboy Playmate Data Sheet - all my innocent illusions about girls are shattered forever!
    3. WW remembers (in flashback), some words of wisdom from (wait for it) - Black Canary!
    4. PG sticks her boobs out at every opportunity (see, e.g., the next to last panel posted in Part 1)
You know, there was a time back in the mid-80's when DC was riding high - they had Dark Knight and Watchmen while the best Marvel (then under Jim Shooter) could come up with was Secret Wars and Kickers, Inc. But rooting for DC is like rooting for the Chicago Cubs - you just know they're going to come up with some way to blow it before the end of the season. Before long, DC caved to outside pressure and quickly trotted out some internal guidelines (much like the old Comics Code Authority) to govern their content, and to make it worse, pretended they weren't caving at all. This cost them the services of their best writer at the time, Alan Moore (who may have been oversensitive to censorship claims, since as far as I know they never refused to publish what he wrote for them). The next thing you know, they were putting out Crisis on Infinite Earths, which turned me off with its gratuitous deaths of established characters and its attempt to bring the benefits of Soviet-style central planning to the "DC Universe", then they killed off the Jason Todd Robin just for laughs (I refused to buy it), and by the time they were goosing their remaining hard-core fans with "The Death of Superman" I observed the proceedings from a discreet distance.

Stunts like those are a candid confession of artistic bankruptcy. Speaking of which, why is it that 25 years after Watchmen, DC (and Marvel, too) are still using the same old characters from 50 - 70 years ago? Either comics creators today have no new ideas, or else they're too smart to create new characters only to have some corporation insist on taking all the rights. (More on this subject when I discuss the issue of copyrights in the Feedback Forum). By the way, this issue's title, "A Murder of Crows", had been previously used in a movie, a record album, and an earlier DC comic-book story written by none other than the aforementioned Alan Moore! In fact, a few bare traces of Moore's technique can be found here, mainly the multiple first-person narrative viewpoints, but without his imagination, inventiveness, or diction.

When I picked up WW #41, do you know what else I found on the racks? The original Doom Patrol! The one that was killed off in their own book back in 1968 when I was a kid! DC is so bereft of original ideas, they've exhumed characters who died 42 years ago! Is it too much to ask that they come up with something new?

Well, there you have it - the story of how DC lost me, with an incidental review of a new WW spanking issue - just in case you were interested. Be glad I didn't tell you why I gave up on alternative comics, too.
Last edited by web-ed on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: 07/09/2010 Revisions/Additions
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Re: Wonder Woman

Post by Tanner »

Also sounds like DC still has a taboo against an adult woman getting spanked, or any mention of it. Offstage spankings of naughty young boys are as far as they are willing to go.
Speaking of Wonder Woman, Chross has a thread on his forum about WW's new costume and how so many hate it, as it covers up her gorgeous body.
Wolfie138

Post by Wolfie138 »

pff, for all those put out by that pathetic issue, console yourself w/ the following. Photoshopped-in rope or manacles to the wrists would be perfect for the pose too.

web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

The Wonder Woman costume thread on Chross' forum that Tanner mentioned may be found here.

Wolfie - thanks for cheering me up with this WW image! That's the old, spank-worthy costume we all know and love.

And by coincidence, I received from Doctor Cylon today an animated version of one of his earlier works, in which Wonder Woman receives the paddle on her bare bottom! I'll add this to the existing page in Comics Gallery 1 as soon as I can.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

More on Wonder Woman's Costume

Post by web-ed »

Believe it or not, I'm just about talked out on this subject, something that has never happened before, so I'll try not to say too much more. For anyone who hasn't heard, DC is changing WW's costume. Dan N. alerted me (on Chross's forum) to the motivation behind this change being DC's desire to market WW overseas, and I pretty much hit the roof, having had my fill over the years of what I view as DC's anti-Americanism. JS666 said I was being too political, and he just might be right, although I think it's a pity if he is - with no disrespect meant to England, Canada, Australia, or any of our other allies in WWII (or anyone else, for that matter), the fact is that the comics medium is an American invention, DC is an American company, Wonder Woman chose to live in America and join the American military, and America is still the primary market for WW comics, movies, and merchandise. Loving this country should not be a controversial matter for Americans, in my view, and I think the evidence I adduced against DC in that particular post remains pretty cogent.

In fairness, I haven't been able to confirm this story from any official DC press release, and I don't have the time to research it any further, but here are two interesting items I did find. The first references DC's decision:
In addition, DC reportedly wants to make the character more contemporary and more suited for an “international film franchise.”
“The original costume was the American flag brought to life,” said [DC co-publisher] Lee. “This one is a little more universal.”
The second is from Gloria Steinem, no less, on the Business News website:
But Steinem isn’t too upset with the clothes. It’s the story change she really dislikes. Before, Wonder Woman had been raised on an island by her Amazon mother and sisters. Now, that island was destroyed when she was a baby, and she was shepherded off, to be raised elsewhere.

“It’s an exact copy of Superman who came as a baby from the exploding planet Krypton,” Steinem noted. “This destroys her home, her Amazon mother and sisters, and gives her no place to go to gain strength and create an inspiring storyline.”

The whole thing, she added, is based on “what seems to be the brainstorming of a very limited group of brains.”
So there you have it, and everyone should make up their own minds about DC's reasons for making the change. Maybe Steinem is right, and it's not anti-Americanism that's behind this change as much as "the brainstorming of a very limited group of brains.” I suppose this whole question really does go beyond the bounds of comic-book spanking, and would more properly be discussed in a general comics forum, which this isn't. I do try to avoid taking controversial political stands, since as I have written elsewhere, doing so risks needlessly pissing off at least 50% of my potential readership. So let's get back to WW's costume itself.

Let's consider the costume change from a purely spanking perspective:
Wonder Woman's new costume.
Wonder Woman's new costume.
wonderwoman_new_costume.jpg (26.76 KiB) Viewed 7234 times
Wonder Woman's old costume, as modeled by the wonderful Lynda Carter.
Wonder Woman's old costume, as modeled by the wonderful Lynda Carter.
wonder-woman-lynda_carter.jpeg (45.6 KiB) Viewed 7234 times
Which costume does WW look more spankable in? Whether OTK or holding ankles, I'd rather see her in this one any day:
Wonder Woman's old costume on the cover of WW #263, drawn by Jose Delbo.
Wonder Woman's old costume on the cover of WW #263, drawn by Jose Delbo.
wonder_woman_no263_cover_jose_delbo.jpg (88.21 KiB) Viewed 7234 times
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

I find myself totally agreeing with the Steinem argument. I do not like some newbies coming along and tampering with someone's else's creation, and in this case totally changing it.
It would be like someone re-writing MacBeth and changing the events, and yet still calling it Shakespeare, to give one far-out example.
Don't like the new costume, or the new origin story.
Its like when a movie is based on a book and its not at all like the book. The scriptwriter has kept the title but changed the story beyond recognition.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

The funny thing is, I never paid much attention to Wonder Woman over the years, until I read that DC Comics was changing her costume "to make the character more contemporary and more suited for an international film franchise."

“The original costume was the American flag brought to life,” said [DC co-publisher] Lee. “This one is a little more universal.”

If you read between the lines, you'll see anti-Americanism in those two sentences. And THAT pisses me off totally, for the U.S.A. is the land of my birth, I served it in wartime, and I consider it the greatest nation on earth. So we have a comic-book heroine who wears the red, white, and blue? Why change it?

In my search for some iconic picture of Wonder Woman (not necessarily a spanking pic), I did find several, but this one, I think, is the best:
Wonder Woman2.jpg
Wonder Woman2.jpg (62.5 KiB) Viewed 7164 times
web-ed
Site Admin

More on WW's Costume and Anti-Americanism

Post by web-ed »

Agreed. I think you've selected a good picture, although it's from her "intermediate" costume (with the modified "WW" on the bustier, a change which was motivated by trademark considerations) and ideally I'd like to see one with the original Eagle (our country's symbol) on it. Unfortunately, in my own collection I don't have many issues of Wonder Woman, and while I have a lot of old JLA issues, most of them were drawn by Mike Sekowsky, who by that point in his career seemed better at humor than sexiness. With time short, here's the best I can do with the Eagle and regular-cut panties (to accentuate long legs!), from Wonder Woman #229 (March 1977, art by Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and Vince Colletta):
Cover of Wonder Woman #229
Cover of Wonder Woman #229
wonder_woman_no229_cover.jpg (81.83 KiB) Viewed 7161 times
09/21/2010 update - It was only today when reviewing this post one month later that I realized Wonder Woman was in bondage on the cover. I didn't consciously select it for that reason, and probably it's just accidental - given the large number of bondage covers, there's a good probability of selecting one even if you pick one at random.
Last edited by web-ed on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Noted bondage on cover.
-- Web-Ed
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Loved the original costume the way it called attention to her long, beautiful legs. The later briefer one gives a great look at her bottom cheeks though. So both have their strong points. But nix to the latest costume that covers those gorgeous legs of hers. Hope it soon gets discarded.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

Reading through this Wonder Woman thread, I was surprised to find that THIS picture was not yet posted here. Dunno what this says about me, but in addition to any WW spanking pics, I was bowled over when I found this pic. See what you think.

By the way, I hope someone will take the time to read the tiny caption, in yellow just above the action.

Hope someone will comment.

Cheers,
Dan N.
daneldorado

Post by daneldorado »

jimc wrote:

Wonder Woman Movie??? i remember several tv series (Lynda Carter/Lyle Waggonner; Cathy Lee Crosby/Bruce Boxleightner), but who is steve trevor in the movie (or who was wonder woman?)

Dunno about those old dudes, but there is a new, not-bad animated film called Wonder Woman (2009). As I say, the animated sequences are pretty good, and much better than TV cartoon series.

For this film, the voice of Steve Trevor is provided by Nathan Fillion, who many of you will know plays the role of Richard Castle in the ABC cop series "Castle."

Cheers,
Dan
web-ed
Site Admin

Wonder Woman Film, and Poster

Post by web-ed »

I missed the WW film because my interest in the products of Warner Animation gradually lessened the more familiar I became with them in the years following Batman The Animated Series. But I'll keep my eyes open for a cheap copy (because I'm a cheap guy), and report here if I find anything interesting.

On the poster with WW kissing Batman (the magnified caption says "Bruce"), I've seen it before. I really can't feel any excitement about it, although I can see where some might find the belt-to-belt contact, not to mention the placement of Batman's Bat-thigh in between WW's legs, to be a little risque. For me, these characters are too old, and these situations too worn-out, for me to be moved by them. Besides, although women into BDSM would be naturally drawn to Batman, a woman as powerful as Wonder Woman would more likely be attracted to the few men more powerful than she is, most obviously Superman. But really, this Silver-Age superhero ground has been gone over and over so many times that I just can't work up any interest in making yet another trip across it.
-- Web-Ed