Threats and Missed Opportunities

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

More Missed Opportunities

Post by web-ed »

We haven't seen any of these for a while, so let's look, wonder, and weep at some of these missed opportunities for spankings in comics:
1. Terry Thunder disarms a female rebel leader and refuses to hurt her, but misses an obvious chance to administer his third spanking in the jungle. He blew some other chances too, now that we think about it. (From Jungle Comics #61.)

2. We'll see in a moment why Kaanga's mate Ann deserves another spanking (she actually did get spanked once- it's in Comics Gallery 2), but for now, we can see her spankable bottom as she clings to a tree in Jungle Comics #137.

3. Here's why she deserves to be spanked: Kaanga saves her life and she gives him a lot of attitude, then slaps his face! If you're going to be lord of the jungle, Kaanga old boy, you'd better start by being master of your own house. From Jungle Comics #62.

4. Ripley found this example of a spanking threat in Love Confessions #7. "When this is over you're going to get a spanking that'll leave you standing for a month!" Big talk, tough guy, but where's the spanking?
Later in the story, it almost looks like she's rubbing her sore bottom after having been spanked in this beach scene. Unfortunately, that's not what it is. Why she's posed like this with her hands behind her back isn't clear.

5. Glory Forbes gets shot in the behind by her nephew Denis with his slingshot in Rangers #29. Unfortunately, she winds up spanking him in the last panel of the story while four other adults wait their turn to let him have it also. Good art by George Tuska; wasted opportunity for a nice role-reversal nephew/aunt spanking.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: Threats and Missed Opportunities

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB- ED ! That would have been a shock to see Denise spanks his Aunt :lol: Nice drawing love how her dress flew up showing shaply thighs :lol: This woman did needed to be spanked :lol:
web-ed
Site Admin

Water-Whacked in the Butt

Post by web-ed »

Majory Victory #1 introduced us to a feature called "The Unholy Three" about a trio of crime-fighters. We see two of them here, Dale and Pearl. Dale, who is rather short, has enlisted the aid of a fire hose in subduing a couple of the bad guys. Pearl mocks him, so he shoots her in the rear with the high-powered water spray. I really wish he'd taken the hose across her behind (like he did with one of the gangsters) because that would've surely stung! Anyway, here's the panel of interest:

"The Unholy Three" never really caught on, which is understandable. Harder to understand is why anyone thought The Unholy Three was a good title for a team of crime fighters. Villains, yes, but heroes? Might as well have been The Impious Five or The Sacrilegious Seven . :)
Last edited by web-ed on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correct typo
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Pratfalls / Robin's Finds

Post by web-ed »

As everyone knows, I like to group related objects together. I had a few pratfall scenes saved up, and Robin not too long ago sent me a bunch of his cover finds, so I selected the pratfall ones and combined them with the ones I already had, and here they are. Of course they're not anywhere near as good as spankings, but readers may find them of some interest.

I also have in my paper comics collection one with Zatanna taking the pratfall, but because she does some nice rubbing afterward I want to do an after-spanking fake with it. Besides, I can't locate the issue right now, so it couldn't be included here anyway.

1. Etta Kett #12 - standard teen humor fare of the period.

2. Junior #11 - probably the most widely seen of these pratfalls for some reason.

3. Meet Merton #3 - I've seen this one posted before, I think over at SpankingPanels (I may even be the poster myself). The cover art is by EC and MAD artist Davy Berg, who also drew some girlie cartoons for Humorama. No "spankers" (as the editor called them) though, which is a pity because Berg was a pretty good girlie cartoonist.

4. Sweet Sixteen #4 - this was from a two-page feature called "Ballerina", which purports to be the short biography of a true-life ballerina. The pratfall seen here is supposedly from the stage version of Oklahoma (1943), although I don't remember seeing it in the movie version, which I believe preserved much of Agnes DeMille's original choreography.

5. Thirteen #25 - more teen-age silliness.
-- Web-Ed
hugob00m

Post by hugob00m »

web-ed wrote:Majory Victory #1 introduced us to a feature called "The Unholy Three" about a trio of crime-fighters. We see two of them here, Dale and Pearl. Dale, who is rather short, has enlisted the aid of a fire hose in subduing a couple of the bad guys. Pearl mocks him, so he shoots her in the rear with the high-powered water spray. I really wish he'd taken the hose across her behind (like he did with one of the gangster) because that would've surely stung!
OR (As you probably already know, I prefer seeing a strong male hand applied to a pretty female backside) if Dale had just put Pearl over his diminutive lap and used his hand to spank her waterlogged bottom, I would've been happy! The dialog could've remained the same if the artist had drawn a spanking right there! "Are you a man?" INDEED!
web-ed
Site Admin

Lady Death's Spankable Bottom

Post by web-ed »

We've recently (June) seen Lady Death spanking Pariah in Comics Gallery 2, and in the wake of that post seen some other examples right here in the CSR Forum (search on "Lady Death" to find them, preferably from the Google Search on the Home Page because it works better than the built-in search here). One thing that came to my attention is that Lady Death wore an extremely skimpy, tonga-style bikini bottom that in some panels vanished entirely, much to everyone's pleasure I'm sure! I recently obtained a few more high-grade but inexpensive comics featuring LD, and there were a few panels that I'd like to share in which once again LD displays her bare bottom for all to see.

1. Walking into a bar filled with roughnecks is always a little risky for a single woman. Doing so with your bare bottom exposed is almost sure to lead to this kind of problem:
From Lady Death and Bedlam #1. Copyright Brian Pulido.

2. Later in the same scene, another patron can't resist giving LD's bottom a pat. This one almost qualifies as a spanking, but not quite because I don't think he can really get his hand on the target area while she's sitting down.

3. At some point in the story, there's a big fight between Lady Death and this bozo, whose name escapes me now. He's throwing a left - if I were in his place, I'd take advantage of LD having turned to her right. She's left her bottom bare and vulnerable to a good spank with the right hand! I don't know if that would be considered fighting fair, but it sure would be fighting fun! :D
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Lex Luthor Spanks Lois Lane!

Post by web-ed »

Yes, it really happened, in The World of Metropolis #2 (Sept. 1988)! So why is it here under "missed opportunities" and why can't we see it, you ask? Unfortunately, there are several problems:
  1. It takes place off-panel - what a cheat! And my standards for comic-book spankings are stricter than for Humorama cartoons, where any mention of spanking or a before or after scene qualifies: for something to count as a comic-book spanking, there must be actual contact between the hand or hand-held implement and the spankee's buttocks, and it must be visible in one or more panels. Luthor has one of his female assistants hold Lois in place while he picks up what looks like a short (by spanking standards) cane, but we don't see the cane actually land on target.
  2. We do get to see some after-the-spanking rubbing, in fact in two separate panels. Incidentally, the pencils are by Win Mortimer, who did the famous Batman spanks Marcia Monroe spanking in 1966, 22 years earlier.
  3. And the big one: Lois is only fifteen years old in this story (she tells Perry White she's nineteen - she should have been spanked by Perry as well when he discovers her fib!). So the scene would run afoul of CSR's "no children getting spanked" policy even if it were shown.
Therefore it doesn't qualify for the Comics Spanking Data Base, although I will send the panels along to anyone who requests them. John Byrne, no feminist, scripted this one, but there's no indication that he's a spanko; in context, Luthor's spanking of Lois is supposed to make him look cruel and sadistic as well as perverted. We can only wish Byrne had chosen to show all that with an adult Lois Lane, and had shown the actual spanking :) .
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

HI WEB-ED CSR! Would have love seeing Luthor cane Lois Lane bottom!! Even though the artist wanted to make Luthor crule and sadist I think it would have been better to spank her over his knees :lol: To me seeing Luthor inflict pain on a teenage girl for sadist pleasure is child abuse that why I think it would have been much better to spank her over his lap on panel or off!
web-ed
Site Admin

More of Robin's Finds (Part 2 of 3)

Post by web-ed »

I did some of Robin's finds a while back, but only the pratfall ones, so I'd like to share his others now. He sent me so many we'll do them in two parts. This group consists mainly of spankable bottoms.

1. Cowgirl Romances #3 - this series featured a lot of spankable cowgirls on its covers, so many I think the artist must have enjoyed drawing shapely bottoms, although I haven't found any spankings yet. First up is this cowgirl in a tight skirt.

2. Cowgirl Romances #5 - this one looked really promising - "The Taming of Lone-Star Lou" - but our sorely-provoked cowpoke doesn't know enough to take Lou over his knee! He must have spent too much time alone on the prarie :) .

3. Cowgirl Romances #7 - "Nobody Loves a Gun Man" but evidently somebody does love a butt-man, because the female posterior is featured so prominently on these covers.

4. Cowgirl Romances #8 - "Wild Beauty" - talk about a missed opportunity! She's even got a branding iron in her hand - the dialogue practically writes itself: "Try to brand me, eh? I'll give you a branding on the seat of your britches!" [He turns her over his knee and spanks her]. Would that have been so difficult to write?

5. Suspiciously similar to Cowgirl Romances was Firehair: tight skirts over well-formed bottoms. On the cover of Firehair #4 we see a six-shootin' gal already close to being in OTK position. We're pretty sure we already posted this one on this board, but Robin did discover it independently so we'll see it again.

6. Firehair #6 - she really needs a flaming fanny to go along with her red hair. :lol:

7. Fight Comics #38 - Another over-the-shoulder positioning which always makes me think of spanking:

8. Fight Comics #50 - The stripes on Tiger Girl's shorts make a great caning guide :!:

9. Fight Comics #78 - Ditto. Of course, you can take her OTK if you don't like the cane...

10. Terrors of the Jungle #7 - Another jungle girl who needs a spanking.

11. Wartime Romances #16 - another well-shaped bottom, needing to get spanked!

12. Western Picture Stories - over the horse position - we've actually seen one spanking like this!
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

More of Robin's Finds (Part 3 of 3)

Post by web-ed »

Part 3: these are all suggestive of spanking, at least to the true spanko.

1. Ballyhoo - A girl in a classroom wearing a dunce cap - how could it not make one think of school corporal punishment?

2. G.I. Jane - While we admire her dedication to mixing up milkshakes, if she's so willing to lend her bottom to the cause, as it were, she'd do far more for morale by turning herself over some dogface's knee, or bending over to take swats from the paddle of a lonely G.I. That's our opinion as CSR Morale Officer, anyway! ;)

3. I Loved - Another great Fox Good Girl Art cover of the kind Dr. Wertham so loathed, our cover girl is actually speaking the
words that are guaranteed to get her spanked: "You wouldn't dare!" Oh yes we would, dear!

4. Meet Corliss Archer - they should have re-titled this one "Spank Corliss Archer," which is what's likely to happen next: Dad doesn't look too pleased by that skimpy swimsuit she's trying on! :)

5. Camp Runamuck - We go from Corliss Archer to a Careless Archer who didn't pay enough attention to where the arrow she shot was heading. To help her concentrate better in the future on where her arrow is going to land, our troop leader (the guy with the arrow through his hat) should land some well-placed swats where they'll do the most good! :)

6. Camp Comics #1 - more "camp" now as our cover girl says her nightly prayers while her trapdoor comes unbuttoned. We have to explain to younger folks that such trapdoors in the seat of old-fashioned long johns were placed there for convenience when it was time for a trip to the out-house. But they're convenient for another purpose as well, which immediately comes to mind here: "Take down your trapdoor, young lady, and turn over my knee!" :D

7. Sunny - she may be "America's sweetheart" as the cover blurb claims, but that won't spare her the sore bottom she's about to get from being "butted" by that angry bull! We'd prefer to see her get a maintenance spanking, though - just a little something to make sure she stays as sweet as she looks.

8. Good Humor #11 - Good Humor was Charlton's entry into the Humorama-style market for girlie cartoons. Although it deteriorated during the 70's and 80's, in its prime it was certainly a decent mag. Stanley Rayon, who also worked at Humorama and in fact did two spanking cartoons there, seems to have been the big gun at Good Humor since Ward & Wenzel weren't around too often, and he did a lot of covers including this one. Not only are this lovely girl's cami-knickers revealed as the hook pulls her dress up, she's placed in an excellent bending-over position as well. If only the workers had a few paddles, think of the fun they could've had swatting her around back and forth... :D

9. Good Humor #13 - Bill Ward attempts some musical humor as a singing teacher employs an unorthodox method for extending his female student's upper range. I think this kind of joke has a long pedigree, as I remember seeing something similar on the old Benny Hill Show. We have to wonder whether this was a spank, a pinch, or a goose, but in any case it did leave her rubbing her bottom, something we always like to see. :)

10. Good Humor #27 - Another cover by Stanley Rayon and another old joke of the "behind at risk" type: the bee just can't resist the target offered him as a pretty girl in a flower-patterned bikini bends over. We know just how he feels :lol:
This kind of sting, like that of the slingshot or pea-shooter, isn't as good as the spanking-kind of sting, but it's still fun. I liked this cover so much I actually used it as part of a fake spanking, combining it with The Jester swinging his paddle, which I'll post one of these days.

11. Good Humor spear that paper - this was my addition to the covers Robin provided. It's very similar to the preceding one, which is a "point" in its favor! ;)

12. Boots and Her Buddies #8 - If there's no water around, her boyfriend should find another use for that paddle after she's made him lug that canoe all over the countryside for nothing! Note that there was a spanking (two scenes, in fact) in the previous issue of this comic, which we consider one of The Seven Spankings (a group of comic-book spankings that was known to exist even back in the 70's). Yes, we know a canoe paddle doesn't make a good spanking paddle in reality, but it sure works on the comics page, and Boots is really asking for it here! :lol:
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

I'm going to try to reconstruct here a post that I made somewhere between 12/10 and 12/24 that was then lost on 12/24.

First, we have a positional situation in which Miss Rourke trips over a tree root, almost winding up over a young man's knee:
Could be a Freudian slip (of foot rather than tongue) - maybe Miss Rourke secretly longs to be taken OTK. I'd like to think so, anyway :) .

Then we have three panels from (what else?) Wonder Woman! The first is another Holliday girls sorority initiation, complete with paddles:
The blonde girl on the far right is holding a paddle which is hard to see because the image has been slightly truncated due to its large size. Since there is no actual paddling shown, this scene won't make it into the Data Base or the page on which I've been compiling the Holliday sorority paddlingss.

When an emergency arises, Etta Candy rounds up the Holliday college girls to respond:
"Come on girls! Bring your ropes and paddles!" At least they're properly equipped to meet any bondage and spanking emergency they may run into.

Apparently, even girls who graduated from Holliday college years before and are now successful career women are not exempt from the paddle:
"You should be paddled." Yes indeed, Etta, Lana should be paddled - and then you and the rest of your Holliday girls. Bend over! :lol:
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Don't Ever Say "Flick"!

Post by web-ed »

I can't honestly call this a missed opportunity for a spanking, but I thought it might be good for a laugh. Now, there is an old rule in comics scripting, and that is that you never use the word "flick" or any of its variations. Why? Let's see:

The problem is that comic-book printing was never that reliable, and the danger with "flick" is that the "l" and the "i" will run together forming a "u" and with disastrous consequences! You can see why the variations such as "flicker" are absolutely no good either.
I guess the writer of this story, taken from Fantastic Comics #1, never heard of the rule. Even so, "Flick" is a pretty strange choice for a man's name. Luckily for him, the printing came out fairly clearly. :)
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Ginger, Phantom Lady, and Fantastic Four

Post by web-ed »

Here are three more missed opportunities for some good spankings:

1. Ginger was another Archie-imitator- she's got red hair and a two-syllable name just like he does. In this scene from Ginger #8, her father blows his stack. If Ginger weren't out of reach, there's a strong implication that a spanking would ensue, for as Ginger says to a beat cop, "You have no idea how warm Daddy will make it if we go home!"

2. Phantom Lady is one of those super-heroines everyone always wanted to see spanked. That never happened, but she does take a pratfall here in Phantom Lady #16. In the following panel, a villainess comes up behind PL with a shovel, but unfortunately applies it to her head rather than her behind, so I guess that qualifies as a missed opportunity.

3. I think we might have seen a color version of this one before, but here is the original art from Fantastic Four #28 in which The Thing (Ben Grimm) threatens the X-Men's Marvel Girl (Jean Grey) with a spanking and very nearly gives it to her. This was certainly a missed opportunity for Marvel's number one spanking superhero to rack up his third spanking of a superheroine (the other two were his teammate Sue Storm in FF #38 and Moondragon in Marvel Two-In-One #62), although it would have been the first chronologically.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Green Mask, Wambi, Lois Lane, and Blackhawk

Post by web-ed »

Time for some more Missed Opportunities in which comic-book bad girls weren't spanked, but should have been!

1. The Green Mask was never a first-rank superhero - you really have to be "The Green Gladiator" or something other than "mask" - and we see another of his shortcomings here as he blows a perfect opportunity to administer some OTK discipline. If a bad girl shot at me, as one does here in Green Mask #4, I'd feel morally entitled to turn her over my knee before turning her over to the police :lol: !

2. Wambi the Jungle Boy was another in a long line of boring (to me) jungle types. He was a back-up feature to Kaanga for years in Jungle Comics, and here in issue #72 is faced with a wild Jungle Girl who really needed taming. She doses a local native Chief with some drug, then tries to stab Wambi with a knife. If he'd had the sense of his elephant Tawn, he'd have taken down her bikini and given her the spanking of her life! Actually, the last panel implies she's going to receive some form of punishment, but we don't get to see what it was. :(

3. Lois Lane is no stranger to these pages, having needed to be spanked by Superman on numerous occasions. This example comes from a silly "imaginary story" in Lois Lane #65: Lois marries Lex Luthor, who seems to have gone straight but is secretly the notorious Lexo. Here Superman and Lois both agree that she must pay for her crimes, but neither suggest the obvious (to us) answer of good old-fashioned corporal punishment! And Superman can't seem to figure out that as Lois is married to Lex Luthor and has teamed up with Lexo, Luthor and Lexo (good alias there, Lex!) must be one and the same! :lol:

4. Blackhawk is one character who would seem to be the ideal spanker: dashing aviator and leader of men (The Blackhawks) who often encountered bad girls. My researches have only uncovered one actual spanking, and even there I don't have any publication details. Here is one of many opportunities Blackhawk missed for administering some much-needed discipline, from Military Comics #29. It's quite likely that Bill Ward did some of this art, by the way:

Nice girls don't shoot tommy-guns at the Blackhawks, and after being disarmed this one is even shown lying face down (and fanny-up) on a bed, in a pose that should make any red-blooded male think of spanking! Why Blackhawk didn't rise to the occasion will forever be a mystery. :)
-- Web-Ed
daddy27_98

Post by daddy27_98 »

I think there was a missed opportunity in Teen-Age Love #57. In the story "Day of Heartbreak," a blonde vamp named Mimi tries to steal Gus from his girlfriend Andrea. A cat fight ensues that is rather one-sided as Andrea easily gets the best of the cute blonde vixen. First Andrea trips Gus who holds Mimi as if they have just been married, causing Mimi to ruin her hairdo and bikin When Mimi tries to hit Andrea, Andrea trips her, dunking Mimi again.

In the next pages, Mimi storms off to fix her hair and get a new bikini. (Why would a bathing suit shrink in the water? LOL). Gus and Andrea make up and he swears she is the only girl for him. But the blonde is not done. We hear someone in water calling for help as they are drowning. Valiant Gus jumps in to save the person. Little does he know Mimi set a trap. She grabs him and kisses him underwater. A helpful person tells Andrea the "drowning" person is really Mimi, who can swim like a fish. Andrea jumps in the water, yanks the blonde's hair causing her to sallow a bunch of water almost really drowning her. Andrea then "saves" the blonde by dragging her onto the beach and pumping water from her lungs.

Missed opportunity? Why couldn't Andrea have dragged the blonde to the beach and put her over her knee and given her a good spanking. It would have been totally realistic. LOL Andrea seemed to be able to easily handle Mimi. And Mimi was being completely submissive to Andre by the end. Mimi's arm dangles down when Andrea has her in a headlock, she is not struggling. And she just lays there when Andrea is sitting on top of her. The cat fight was good. A spanking would have been better.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (161.28 KiB) Viewed 8678 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (159.83 KiB) Viewed 8678 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (173.26 KiB) Viewed 8678 times
Last edited by daddy27_98 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

daddy27_98 wrote:Missed opportunity? Why couldn't Andrea have dragged the blonde to the beach and put her over her knee and given her a good spanking. It would have been totally realistic. LOL Andrea seemed to be able to easily handle Mimi. And Mimi was being completely submissive to Andre by the end. Mimi's arm dangles down when Andrea has her in a headlock, she is not struggling. And she just lays there when Andrea is sitting on top of her. The cat fight was good. A spanking would have been better.
hi daddy27_98 and welcome to CSR. from your description i would say that you're right and there was indeed a missed opportunity here. i don't know if you have these pics in a bigger size but the way they opened on my computer i had trouble reading them. thanks for posting them anyway and i hope to see more comments from you as we go along. thanks, phil
daddy27_98

Post by daddy27_98 »

overbarrel49 wrote: hi daddy27_98 and welcome to CSR. from your description i would say that you're right and there was indeed a missed opportunity here. i don't know if you have these pics in a bigger size but the way they opened on my computer i had trouble reading them. thanks for posting them anyway and i hope to see more comments from you as we go along. thanks, phil
Hi overbarrel49. Thanks for the welcome. The original scans I made were better but they were too big to upload. I made them smaller but I degraded the images. I will try to make better images and upload them.
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Welcome to the board, daddy27 - we're glad to have you! :) Thanks for posting what is truly a missed opportunity to give that scheming blonde minx the spanking she surely deserved. It's definitely a Charlton romance comic, but I don't think it's Teen-Age Love #57, which must have been in your mind because of the excellent spanking scene it contains in its lead story and which is available in our Comics Gallery 2 (you can reach it very quickly from the Comics Spanking Data Base by searching on "Teen-Age" as a Title). It may however be from roughly the same period (1968) and is almost certainly from the years 1966 - 1973. Seven spankings are already known from Charlton during that period, so why not one more? :) (It's easy to search by time period and/or publisher from the CSDB query page for anyone who's interested in trying). I have searched what must be hundreds of Charlton romances from 1956 - 1966 and found no spankings, my theory being that Comics Code Administrator Mrs. Trulock really came down hard on spankings during this time.

Now as to your trouble with the images, they do take a bit of doing. It's tricky: if the uploaded images are too large they will end up truncated or at least with horizontal sliders, which are a real pain. phpBB provides no guidelines, but from experience Phil has the uploading process down pat. As an alternative, you can also link images using an external source like Dan and I do. Dan uses Image Titan while I use a directory I created called "forum" on this site, which means it isn't truly "external" (the name isn't secret, but there's no way for anyone to upload to it except myself). So you could use an outside image host the way Dan does or send your images to me for upload, which would be no problem for me but would delay your post until I get around to uploading the images.

If you decide to link the image, I have found that 600 pixels in width will appear un-truncated in your post here. Even 700 px. might work, but 900 px. is a little too wide.
-- Web-Ed
daddy27_98

Post by daddy27_98 »

web-ed wrote:Welcome to the board, daddy27 - we're glad to have you! :) Thanks for posting what is truly a missed opportunity to give that scheming blonde minx the spanking she surely deserved. It's definitely a Charlton romance comic, but I don't think it's Teen-Age Love #57, which must have been in your mind because of the excellent spanking scene it contains in its lead story and which is available in our Comics Gallery 2 (you can reach it very quickly from the Comics Spanking Data Base by searching on "Teen-Age" as a Title). It may however be from roughly the same period (1968) and is almost certainly from the years 1966 - 1973. Seven spankings are already known from Charlton during that period, so why not one more? :)
Hi Web-Ed. You are right I was thinking of the great spanking from # 57. The missed opportunity I wrote about here is in Teen-Age Love # 56. The one right before the issue with the spanking on the beach. Maybe two consecutive issues with spanking would have been too much to ask for but given the time period and the comic, a spanking would not have been out of place.

Thanks the advice on the images. Let me see what I can do.
web-ed
Site Admin

Biggest Missed Opportunity in Wonder Woman

Post by web-ed »

Since we're in the middle of Super-Spanking Summer III, this would be a good time to present what had to be the biggest missed opportunity for spanking (in terms of quantity) in the entire history of Wonder Woman. These two scenes are from Sensation Comics #43 (July 1945). In the first, Etta Candy and her Beeta Lambda sorority are hazing their initiates by taking them blindfolded to a haunted mansion called "Ghost House":

Art by Harry Peter (with probable assistance). Copyright DC Comics Inc.

I came very close to adding this to the Beeta Lambda sorority paddling page and to the Comics Spanking Data Base, but it's not clear that any of those stupid-looking "barrel stave" paddles are being applied here even though paddling is explicitly mentioned. Blast Harry Peter and his ignorance of paddles and paddling! So I decided to put it down as another missed opportunity. Note that one of the girls says that she "doesn't mind spanking"!

But that wasn't all: one of the terrified initiates is kidnapped by some bad guys who (I think) are using Ghost House as a hideout. Wonder Woman saves the day as usual, but has some strict words for Etta:

Copyright DC Comics Inc.

Yes, you got that right: Wonder Woman says that the entire sorority deserves a spanking! Now if only she'd actually followed up on it. Can you picture Etta over WW's knee getting what she deserves with a dozen girls lined up behind her waiting their turn? As it is, we're left dreaming about the the mass-spanking (maybe even a mass-paddling) that could have been, right up there with the one from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The script for this wasted chance is credited by DC to Joye Murchison, who was William Marston's assistant, but Marston's hand is certainly evident - perhaps he plotted or co-plotted the stories Murchison scripted.
-- Web-Ed