Threats and Missed Opportunities

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Threats and Missed Opportunities

Postby web-ed » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:53 pm

I hope this topic doesn't result in more aggravation than satisfaction! After all, what we want to see is good spanking panels, or as close to this ideal as we can come. Here I'm going to post some threats and missed opportunities, items I've encountered that left me a little frustrated over what might have been. They may be of some interest, however, and since they don't have any actual spankings I don't want to place them in either Comics Gallery.

First up: Bill Ward's Torchy, from Modern Comics #56 (December, 1946). In discussing Ward's work, I've previously pointed out that Torchy would have made an ideal spankee, and a fine opportunity was certainly missed here when Torchy decides to obey a cave man's instructions. She muses, "I've read stories about what cave men do when their women won't obey!"
modern_comics_no_56_page22.jpg
Torchy decides not to test this cave man's patience - too bad!
modern_comics_no_56_page22.jpg (70.42 KiB) Viewed 10241 times

If there's any doubt in your mind as to Torchy's spankability, here's another panel. With all the spanking cartoons that he did over the years, why couldn't Ward have done just one more spanking right here? Why?
modern_comics_no_56_good_spankee.jpg
Torchy - a fine spankee, if only!
modern_comics_no_56_good_spankee.jpg (92.79 KiB) Viewed 10241 times
-- Web-Ed

web-ed
Site Admin

No Corporal Punishment Here

Postby web-ed » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Perhaps it's just as well, as it would have been F/M anyway, but here's another example from the very same comic book, Modern Comics #56. This is from a strip called Ezra, which was one of many Archie-imitators that surfaced over the years. In fact, this is one of the more transparent examples, as you can see from the page below. A classmate shoots a Miss Grundy-like teacher in a strategic location with his slingshot, leaving Ezra to take the blame:
modern_comics no_56_page31.jpg
I'll see you after class!
modern_comics no_56_page31.jpg (181.56 KiB) Viewed 10240 times

"I'll attend to you after school, young man!" she says, indignant. This sure looked like a set-up for some genuine school-type swats from the paddle, but it never happened. Nowhere near as disappointing as the Torchy one a few pages earlier, but an obvious opportunity missed nonetheless.
-- Web-Ed

web-ed
Site Admin

Metal Men Spanking Reference

Postby web-ed » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:06 pm

The Metal Men go back a ways, and even had their own book for a while. Here's a very recent spanking reference, from Doom Patrol #6 (March 2010, only one month before the recent Wonder Woman spanking - see my essay Still Spankin' After All These Years for details).

The situation: The Metal Men are fighting a group of female robots. Gold, whose head has been lopped off earlier in the struggle, is still trying to give orders. He calls out to Lead, "Flank her," but Lead, who's not the brightest of the crew, misunderstands:
metal_men_flank_her_spank_her.jpg
Flank her or Spank her?
metal_men_flank_her_spank_her.jpg (90.88 KiB) Viewed 10239 times

Let's meet our could-have-been spanking twosome, Lead and the naughty fembot:
metal_men_lead.jpg
Our almost-spanker, Lead.
metal_men_lead.jpg (83.68 KiB) Viewed 10239 times

"Spank her? How's that going to help?" Trust us, Lead - it might not have helped you, but it would have helped us a whole lot!
metal_men_bad_fembot.jpg
Bad Fembot deserves a spanking!
metal_men_bad_fembot.jpg (208.35 KiB) Viewed 10239 times

Let's see - a Robot/Robot spanking that didn't come off. Only from DC, we guarantee it!
-- Web-Ed

web-ed
Site Admin

Does Getting Whacked by a Bear's Paw Count As Spanking?

Postby web-ed » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:19 pm

I'm inclined to say no - a bear's paw is technically a foot, so the following is really a boot to the behind rather than a spanking:
Dizzy Dames 6-05_moronica_spanking_panel.jpg
Moronica gets "spanked" by a bear.
Dizzy Dames 6-05_moronica_spanking_panel.jpg (112.86 KiB) Viewed 10226 times

This is from Dizzy Dames #6 (July-August 1953). With no OTK or bent-over positioning it's no good anyway, which is why I would classify it as a "missed opportunity". Moronica (that's her name) and the other "Dizzy Dames" in this book did a lot to deserve the OTK treatment, believe me.
-- Web-Ed

web-ed
Site Admin

There's Only One Way to Punish Women Outlaws

Postby web-ed » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:51 pm

If ever there was a comic book that had the potential for some good M/F spanking action, it was Women Outlaws. After all, what can you do with a female outlaw in the old west? Not shoot her - that seems so ungallant. Not hang her - our society has always been reluctant to execute female criminals. And territorial prisons were terrible places. So-ooo - to paraphrase Monty Python and the Holy Grail, "There can be but one punishment" for these offenders!

Alas, in the three issues I've been able to get a hold of, there were no spankings - can you believe it? What could the writer(s) have been thinking of? Missed opportunities galore.

Here is the cover of Women Outlaws #2 (September 1948).
women_outlaws_no_2_cover.jpg
This bad girl shore as shootin' needs a spankin'!
women_outlaws_no_2_cover.jpg (97.85 KiB) Viewed 10214 times

09/24/2011 Update: Much to my embarrassment :oops:, I recently discovered there was a spanking in this very issue! I had missed it because the panel was small and rather badly composed. In my defense, remember that the only way I could get through over 335,000 pages of comics (as of the present time) was to allow myself only 2 seconds viewing time per page when determining whether or not it contained a spanking. The spanking panel may be found on this page.
Last edited by web-ed on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add information on the spanking that really was there.
-- Web-Ed

web-ed
Site Admin

What Are You Going to Do to Me, Dr. Fzzphz?

Postby web-ed » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:51 pm

This is the best set-up I've yet seen that completely went to waste. Dr. Fzzphz, who can spank quite effectively because he has four hands, has just spanked a bad boy (look for it in the next installment of Weird Spankings). Captain Marvel captures General Hddy, who's been causing trouble and who now lies about her age, pretending to be 16 when she's really 21. Her lie exposed, she asks, "What are you going to do to me, Dr. Fzzphz?"
americas_greatest_comics_no_8_post_spanking.jpg
What are you going to do to me?
americas_greatest_comics_no_8_post_spanking.jpg (232.92 KiB) Viewed 10208 times

This scene really cried out for a spanking - in fact it screamed for a spanking - even though it would have been the second one on the page. But all Dr. Fzzphz did was put her to work - a wasted opportunity!
-- Web-Ed

web-ed
Site Admin

I Call It - Paddling!

Postby web-ed » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:15 pm

From Mary Marvel #2 (June, 1946): Mary (as Mary Batson) has been captured by the bad-guy riverboat captain. "I've got a little way of taking care of snoopers," he says. "I call it...paddling!"
mary_marvel_no_02_paddling.jpg
I call it...paddling!
mary_marvel_no_02_paddling.jpg (76.4 KiB) Viewed 10201 times

Unfortunately, what he means is that he's going to tie Mary to the paddle-wheel - not exactly what we'd hoped for.
-- Web-Ed

web-ed
Site Admin

Miss Masque is Guilty

Postby web-ed » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:21 pm

Miss Masque has been found guilty - of parking next to a fire hydrant. Now, we've all seen those Humorama cartoons where the cop spanks the pretty traffic offender. And if illegal parking weren't bad enough, those stars we see here indicate Miss Masque is really giving the poor traffic cop an earful while Standard's No. 1 hero, The Black Terror, is blushing nearby. He probably hasn't heard language like that since he left the Army. We say, illegal parking + bad language = a good spanking.
americas_best_comics_no_28_cover.jpg
Such language, Miss Masque! You deserve a good spanking...
americas_best_comics_no_28_cover.jpg (71.49 KiB) Viewed 10193 times

Unfortunately, there were no spankings inside this issue of America's Best Comics.
Last edited by web-ed on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Corrected Black Terror's name.
-- Web-Ed

web-ed
Site Admin

What To Do When A Woman Slaps You

Postby web-ed » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:18 pm

To date, I haven't found a single instance of Captain Marvel Jr. spanking a female - let's hope there's at least one, somewhere. I feel a little sorry for the boy - he just doesn't seem to get it. Here, a bad girl slaps him for no good reason, then taunts him, "You can't slap me back because I'm a woman!"
captain_marvel_jr_no_07_page_11.jpg
You can't slap me back!
captain_marvel_jr_no_07_page_11.jpg (175.63 KiB) Viewed 10146 times

Just when you think the light bulb might have finally gone on, and CMJ might turn her OTK, he frightens her by telling her there's a mouse around!

No, CM Jr., you can't strike her the way she struck you, but you sure as heck can spank her! S-P-A-N-K! Ask CM Sr. or Mary Marvel if you're not sure how to do it. Sigh ...
-- Web-Ed

web-ed
Site Admin

Beast Boy #4

Postby web-ed » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:05 am

This one was sent in by Lyndal Ferguson, so I'll let him tell the tale:

It's a spanking threat from BEAST BOY # 4 (2000 ) , with art by JUSTINIANO . The bounty hunter Loathing (whose partner is named Fear) tells Flamebird, "Keep up the sass , Girlie Girl....and yer gonna get SPANKED!" to which she replies,
"Promises, Promises." Cute scene.

beast_boy_no_4_spanking_threat.jpg
Beast Boy #4
beast_boy_no_4_spanking_threat.jpg (209.13 KiB) Viewed 10127 times
-- Web-Ed

Return to “Comic-Book and Superhero Spanking”