Threats and Missed Opportunities

Spankings involving superheroes and superheroines, non-superhero comic-book stuff, comic strips, jungle girls, Lara Croft, Vampirella, Elvira, etc. Chross' board already has an excellent thread on this, but we love this subject so much we figure it deserves its own forum here anyway.
Forum rules
* Nothing involving children on the receiving end of spankings!
* Be nice.
* Please keep to the forum subject. If you have an idea for a new forum, please send a PM to web-ed.
web-ed
Site Admin

Re: BENDING OVER and Some Actual Spankings

Post by web-ed »

Wow! - it's hard to keep up with you, Phil! :lol: I hope you don't mind that I moved your post over here - my idea was to reserve the Dixie Dugan topic for that strip alone, whereas general BENDING OVER material (as well as "behind in jeopardy" stuff) has generally been part of this topic. Of course I forgot to hold off posting the misplaced Dixie threat before I did the move, thus it's now in-between your posts and this one, but I guess we'll manage. I better break up my responses into several posts.

(By the way, a handy trick on this board sometimes is to be in two places at once using multiple tabs or multiple windows (whichever you prefer). Once you sign in in one place, you will be signed in when you go to the board on another tab (window) also. Thus, I can go through Phil's posts and grab picture locations etc. without scrolling in this tab, or even refer to a post on a completely different thread. Another clear-as-mud technical explanation brought to you by Web-Ed :geek: ).

First, the Willets: congratulations on finding yet another nice brother/sister spanking in this strip! Too bad the actual swat takes place off-panel as we have seen before (someplace - I don't remember exactly where and I don't suppose it matters too much right now).
Is it just me or does Lil's skirt seem to be tantalizing clingy or sun dress like transparent? ;)
There's certainly something that makes Lil's fanny look more womanly in this panel, Phil - maybe J.R. Williams' style was evolving on its own, or maybe he was driven by the increasingly erotic way characters were being drawn as the decades moved from the 30's through the 50's (see Al Capp's Lil' Abner in during these years for an illustration of what was going on) - this is 1943 now, and only two years after Will applied the paddle to Lil's stinging seat.

Her dress is certainly different, but also her knees are straight and legs parallel - two important items to make sure of when employing the bending-over position!
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

The Moon Mullins gag is rather good, and leads to a birthday paddling:

This in fact qualifies for the Comics Spanking Data Base, and will eventually go into Gallery 2 as well.

Mutt and Jeff also qualifies, and was in fact already slated for Gallery 2 although I didn't have the posting date set yet.
:)

I think a better son-spanks-mother scene was done in Barney Google [later correction - this one is son-spanks-mother-in-law], and we will see it eventually although I'll probably have to censor the earlier panel in which the positions are reversed. As a matter of fact, I've got another "switching" spanking scene in which first mother spanks son and then son spanks mother, a rather remarkable occurrence, in a 50's humor magazine (similar to MAD) that I hope to present some time when we're all still alive :lol: - maybe 2019.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

We come next to an interesting motif - bending over to receive a kick or (better) a paddle-swat as penance for some offense, including against the bendee herself. We saw this first in Venus #2 and we will be seeing it again in the future from another Golden Age Marvel comic I have discovered as soon as I can get a copy. It is a characteristic of the period and probably looks a little strange these days to anyone under 55. :)

Here is Phil's example from Terry:

No swat or boot on this occasion, but although we wouldn't expect to see anything like this from a modern comic, we can hope for more from the Golden Age.

Then there's this one from Betty and Veronica, which is quite similar but with a nicer viewing angle:
© Archie

I'm pretty sure Phil found another, similar panel which I'll go look for in a moment (I want it to have its own post if it exists).
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

Finally, we come to this panel from Al Capp:

It's a nice shot with head up and back arched (no paddling, alas), although Capp was more into "booting" than spanking, more's the pity. He did of course give us several spankings in Li'l Abner up through 1954 (the last year I have the collected daily strips), and there might be more in the 1955-77 period we don't know about.

Good finds all, Phil, and thanks again! :D
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

This has been a big week for Dixie Dugan, and among other things Phil S. found this scene in which Dixie unwisely bends over near a billy-goat, with painful consequences:

We had seen one similar example before somewhere in this topic, and I've been collecting quite a few to put them all together in one post. As a matter of fact, I've had the color version of this one in my files for some time. Let's take a peek:

Reprinted in Big Shot Comics #24. © McNaught Syndicate

Notice that the bending over panel has been truncated (it wasn't that great in any case), but the butting panel is full-sized :D .

Among the other "butt-ees" we'll be seeing at some future date are last week's spankee, Lena Pry, and the quite attractive Invisible Scarlet O'Neil.
-- Web-Ed
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

One last example from this long, weary night: this is another Betty and Veronica example sent to me last year by Phil S. :ugeek: :

Archie, May 28, 1948. Scan by Sweetspot. © Archie

This is quite similar to the last one, with Betty managing to out-smart herself in her pursuit of Archie. In considering the apparent preponderance of the boot over the paddle, I am all the more grateful for Venus #2 and to that other similar Marvel scene (if I can ever get a good copy) where improvised paddles were used. Any more like them? Only time will tell.
-- Web-Ed
butch46163@yahoo.com

Re: Threats and Missed Opportunities

Post by butch46163@yahoo.com »

The look on a angry Archie I thought he was going to turn Betty over his knee :lol: :lol: :lol:
web-ed
Site Admin

One More From Dixie Dugan

Post by web-ed »

Last week's Dixie Dugan special took so much time and effort that one item slipped through the cracks. It was a spanking mention from 1946, and we'll see it now.

Dixie Dugan March 4, 1946. Scan by Sweetspot. © McNaught Syndicate

And we all know exactly where that hairbrush is due to be applied, don't we? ;)
-- Web-Ed
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi web-ed,

I'm not sure I understand this one. I'm assuming that our potential spankee is young and still living at home with her parents. I also assume that she's either stayed out past her curfew or perhaps has sneaked out when she wasn't supposed to. Whatever it is, it would appear that our girl knew in advance that she would get a spanking but decided it would be worth getting a spanking if she got to do what she wanted. I dated a girl in high school who did exactly that so this brings back fond memories. She lied to me when she told me her dad had extended her curfew, knowing full well he would be waiting for her with his hairbrush when she got home :lol: . Thanks, Phil
web-ed
Site Admin

The Bantam Prince

Post by web-ed »

Our next example comes from The Bantam Prince in 1953 and features a couple of spanking mentions. A young woman named Conchita is practicing at being a matador while two boys watch her from a place of concealment. One of them, named "Slip" or "Flip" (we think it's "Flip") worries that she's going to spank him, which would have been of no interest to us. But when he's discovered, Conchita instead says that it's she who needs the spanking - now we're talking :lol: !

The Bantam Prince, December 20, 1953. Scan by Sweetspot.

Chief Strip Researcher Phil Sweetspot :ugeek: did not find any follow-up spanking, nor are any known to exist in this strip. In fact, I don't know anything about The Bantam Prince - Maurice Horn doesn't mention it in his Encyclopedia of Comics and the late Donald Markstein didn't catalog it either. Chalk it up as another missed opportunity for a boy (or two) to spank an older woman.

[Later edit] Looks like I goofed up on one point: Flip is a girl! And Conchita's sister, as a matter of fact. Phil S. has some more details in the next post.
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

The Bantam Prince December 20, 1953. I have to admit that I've forgotten just about all of the little I knew about this strip in the first place. But being as obsessive over this stuff as Web-Ed confesses to be manic about organization I suppose I'll go back and take another look at the plot [if I can find it again easy enough]. My guess would be that Conchita has been forbidden to practice bull fighting because of her sex but obviously has been doing so anyway. Flip Smith and her friend, whom I believe is the title character, disobey her wish [that she not be followed] and discover her secret. Perhaps she now feels guilty about disobeying who ever it was who told her to give up thoughts of entering the ring as a matador? But most importantly if she says she needs a spankin' who are we to argue with the beautiful senorita.
BantamPrinceDecember20,1953.jpg
BantamPrinceDecember20,1953.jpg (65.21 KiB) Viewed 2337 times

So now it's a few hours later here in down state IL and I've spent that time looking through The Bantam Prince comic strips of 1953. Conchita Smith is running a ranch directly on the U.S. and Mexico border and in fact she was born on the Mexican side of the house while her sister Flip was born on the U.S. side. They are orphans now. Conchita wants to be a bull fighter so she can win the $10,000 amateur bull fight prize money to keep the ranch going. She breaks down in tears because she thinks all is hopeless since she is only fighting barrels instead of bulls. The Bantam Prince, a nine year old genius and animal savant/whisperer[who in previous stories has formed friendships with a rare bird and a circus elephant] convinces her she will be great as a real bull fighter - and indeed she is. Of course the prince - almost always referred to as Buster - and the ladies must also deal with Conchita's want-to-be husband a hustler who is after the Smith property 'for business reasons'.

The Bantam Prince ['ruler of a remote Indian province' who came to America to be a cowboy in 1951 as a seven year old] seems to show up out of the blue at random locations and helps people solve their problems [Mr. Rumbles, Miki, Mary Worth!]. He has lost considerable weight over the course of 1953, earlier he was often referred to as lard, fatso, etc. Here Flip Smith tells Buster it perhaps isn't a good idea to snoop on her sister since the punishment for being caught doing so is rather severe. December 12 and 13, 1953.
BantamPrinceDecember12,1953.jpg
BantamPrinceDecember12,1953.jpg (41 KiB) Viewed 2337 times
BantamPrinceDecember13,1953.jpg
BantamPrinceDecember13,1953.jpg (64.06 KiB) Viewed 2337 times
Last edited by Sweetspot on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
butch46163@yahoo.com

Think a Spankin is what she need but I wonder who would do it :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice Find
overbarrel49

Post by overbarrel49 »

Hi Phil,

I have a theory that there are more girls out there who understand that they could use a good spanking than people realize ;) . Phil
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

The Dr. Bobb series over on the main site inspires me to offer a few more medical related threats.
Rex Morgan MD May 6, 1996
RexMorganMDMay6,1996.jpg
RexMorganMDMay6,1996.jpg (41.06 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
Rex Morgan MD May 7, 1996 The day after this next strip Dr. Morgan is impressed by June's gumption but June confesses that she is glad the young woman didn't challenge her because she's not sure what she actually would have done.
RexMorganMDMay7,1996.jpg
RexMorganMDMay7,1996.jpg (41.61 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
Dr. Kildare December 7, 1962 DETAIL
Dr.KildareDecember7,1962DETAIL.jpg
Dr.KildareDecember7,1962DETAIL.jpg (56.84 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Winnie Winkle April 13, 1925 DETAIL
WinnieWinkleApril13,1925DETAIL.jpg
WinnieWinkleApril13,1925DETAIL.jpg (71.07 KiB) Viewed 2247 times
So did Winnie Winkle have some kind of lifetime exemption from being spanked? Not exactly.
Winnie Winkle June 17, 1923 DETAIL
WinnieWinkleJune17,1923DETAIL.jpg
WinnieWinkleJune17,1923DETAIL.jpg (101.09 KiB) Viewed 2247 times
Winnie Winkle Sunday June 17, 1923
WinnieWinkleJune17,1923.jpg
WinnieWinkleJune17,1923.jpg (141.49 KiB) Viewed 2247 times
Last edited by Sweetspot on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Winnie Winkle June 17, 1923
WinnieWinkleJune17,1923 .jpg
WinnieWinkleJune17,1923 .jpg (106.66 KiB) Viewed 2247 times
Winnie Winkle April 24, 1937
WinnieWinkleApril24DETAIL1937.jpg
WinnieWinkleApril24DETAIL1937.jpg (93.18 KiB) Viewed 2247 times
Gratuitous third attachment just because I can and because I have dozens of threats that I want to get posted.
Dilbert October 2, 2004 The movie Secretary was released in 2002.
Dilbert October 2, 2004.jpg
Dilbert October 2, 2004.jpg (34.95 KiB) Viewed 2247 times
web-ed
Site Admin

Post by web-ed »

More interesting stuff, Phil. I think The Bantam Prince is the most frustrating example because of the repeated stories of hard spanking by Conchita - any girl who spanks that hard must occasionally feel the need to receive the same treatment herself :lol: !

We'll be seeing more of Winnie Winkle as you know since I haven't yet posted the spanking you discovered in it. So far it appears that Winnie herself must have been spanked as a girl and narrowly escaped spanking after she grew up.

Looks like you posted the Dilbert strip while I was writing this. The Secretary Spanking reference was fun, but probably wouldn't make it past today's newspaper editors.

I'm working roughly alphabetically through your remaining strip material (we'll be to Ella Cinders in two week), but I want to save something nice - I haven't decided what - for the conclusion of The Comic Strip Series. :)
-- Web-Ed
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Somebody's Stenog March 1, 1922 Another take on the 'worm turns' theme of the week. In this case I didn't include just how far the worm did turn :x Oh and trust me I did indeed check out all of the potential 'spanking' dates from March 1922.
Somebody'sStenogMarch1,1922.jpg
Somebody'sStenogMarch1,1922.jpg (41.52 KiB) Viewed 2213 times
Moon Mullens July 16, 1972
MoonMullensJuly16,1972.jpg
MoonMullensJuly16,1972.jpg (51.27 KiB) Viewed 2213 times
Moon Mullens December 2, 1962
MoonMullensDecember2,1962.jpg
MoonMullensDecember2,1962.jpg (42.17 KiB) Viewed 2213 times
Sweetspot

Post by Sweetspot »

Moon Mullens December 2, 1962
MoonMullensDecember2,1962DETAIL.jpg
MoonMullensDecember2,1962DETAIL.jpg (75.98 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
Big Ben Bolt November 15, 1950
Big Ben Bolt November 15, 1950.jpg
Big Ben Bolt November 15, 1950.jpg (40.13 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
Mary Worth December 30, 1960 The impulsive Button Bowes is threatened with another spanking but this time it's a con-artist who's trying to make a quick and unfettered exit from the location of a botched scam.
MaryWorthDecember30,1960.jpg
MaryWorthDecember30,1960.jpg (39.14 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
butch46163@yahoo.com

Don`t think a con artist should be the one threating a spanking :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: nice finds 8-)